Japan Queues Up To Pre-Order Pokemon OR/AS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Pictures taken from the Pokemon Center. This is the kind of hysteria I expect from a fucking Apple product launch.

God damn. And this isn't even for actually purchasing the game, it's for pre-ordering it.

The hysteria never dies. I can't wait for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire to launch. If FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver were any indication, they will be amazing games.

Thanks to NeoGAF

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

That is the power of an excellent brand, and marketing.

Nice to see Gen 3 get some more credit. It sure is underrated.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Pictures taken from the Pokemon Center. This is the kind of hysteria I expect from a fucking Apple product launch.

That Sapphire plushie!!!!!!!!! i want one!!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

In the age of day of release delivery, I'm surprised people still line up to buy games

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Be hyped!

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

japan is more puzzling to me than women, i honestly dont get the facination with pokemon

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@lostrib said:

In the age of day of release delivery, I'm surprised people still line up to buy games

There is every possibility this might sell out in that area the first day. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

japan is more puzzling to me than women, i honestly dont get the facination with pokemon

It's an amazing game?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@lostrib said:

Pokemon center exclusives, art books, posters, some shit with the cards, and all that jazz.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the competitive battle engine is genius. Like I don't know if that's why Japan loves it, but I know I am super into that shit.

Problem? you have to do the most ridiculous amount of work to enjoy that shit, game has some text book trash design that people make excuses for.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I don't blame them, Pokemon is still fun when it comes to the games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

It's an amazing game?

...and it's not like just Japanese people are fascinated with pokemon.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#12  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

They are going there to preorder the exclusive Pokemon Edition of the "New" Nintendo 3DS, which is only currently available at the Pokemon Center

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maroxad

@jg4xchamp said:

@lostrib said:

Pokemon center exclusives, art books, posters, some shit with the cards, and all that jazz.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the competitive battle engine is genius. Like I don't know if that's why Japan loves it, but I know I am super into that shit.

Problem? you have to do the most ridiculous amount of work to enjoy that shit, game has some text book trash design that people make excuses for.

Yes, it is ridiculous and clearly the fans agree, not to mention Nintendo making it significantly easier to get a top team (The Cafeteria, makes it a lot easier to level, and Safari Dittos make it easy to max IVs), with apparently each generation. If you thought it was bad in X and Y, it was worse, way worse in previous games. And thank goodness that they made it easier, still would be great if they just had an ingame machine of some kind, which allows you to create a fully competitive (artificial) team without all the breeding and grinding to play in online matches.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why would you stand in line for an apple product? Why would you stand in line for anything pokemon? People are drunk.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maroxad

@silversix_ said:

Why would you stand in line for an apple product? Why would you stand in line for anything pokemon? People are drunk.

Apple: Loyal to Brand

Mainline Pokemon Game (or remake of one): Loyal to Quality

Destiny: Loyal to Lies

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@freedom01 said:

They are going there to preorder the exclusive Pokemon Edition of the "New" Nintendo 3DS, which is only currently available at the Pokemon Center

oh dear lord I want that sapphire one. Its beautiful. I do kinda wish for the designs on the 3DS to be the other way. So people can see and hate when you pull out something like this.

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

@bunchanumbers:

@bunchanumbers said:

@freedom01 said:

oh dear lord I want that sapphire one. Its beautiful. I do kinda wish for the designs on the 3DS to be the other way. So people can see and hate when you pull out something like this.

that ruby edition. wow. they do both look pretty awesome though not sure i could justify purchasing another 3ds just yet..

im excited for oras, but not enough to spend a day queuing.. I have already pre ordered steel case omega ruby, tempted to grab a copy of sapphire.. which i really might do.. i was kind of excited, but now im really looking forward to running through this game again. if only this was released around the world..

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Yes, it is ridiculous and clearly the fans agree, not to mention Nintendo making it significantly easier to get a top team (The Cafeteria, makes it a lot easier to level, and Safari Dittos make it easy to max IVs), with apparently each generation. If you thought it was bad in X and Y, it was worse, way worse in previous games. And thank goodness that they made it easier, still would be great if they just had an ingame machine of some kind, which allows you to create a fully competitive (artificial) team without all the breeding and grinding to play in online matches.

the only pokemon game ive played fully is pokemon yellow when i was a kid though i have played a few others (gold, fire red, ruby) the formula seems to be the same - go to the 7 cities and battle gym leaders then the elite 4. obviously i was a kid obsessed with pokemon so i love it at the time but i cant like a game that repetitive now

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Holy shit! :O Now THAT is impressive. 1 million + at launch day?...

1 million? psshh that smash bros and weak sauce...

2million at launch...easily :P...only to be dethroned by MH4G