It's pretty clear the PS3 is losing.

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

As far as system wars goes we go by either sales or games. And in both catagories PS3 is in dead last place. Why is it people forget this?

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#2 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

because people bring up the fact that the 360 has been out for a year longer then PS3 and the PS3 has had more AAAe's in the last year?

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

As far as system wars goes we go by either sales or games. And in both catagories PS3 is in dead last place. Why is it people forget this?

nmaharg

Those matter here!:o

Could've fooled me :P

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I thought the Nintendo Wii was in last when it came to critically acclaimed games?

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Wii looks dead last in games to me...
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
Wii looks dead last in games to me...AAllxxjjnn
agreed.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Not for me. PS3 may not have as many games as the 360, but it still has some really good exclusives like MGS4,Uncharted,LBP. And the line up for this year is pretty impressive.

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nyctota
Member since 2008 • 700 Posts

why is it loosing because its selling a handfull less in your so called the only land thats important america then the xbox360 ?

those handfull that didnt buy a ps3 in america will buy it in japan or europe..

the world is bigger then america you know!!!

why is the xbox360 not loosing ? because the price difference is pretty huge

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

Sales in the US maybe. Comparing worldwide sales, PS3 isn't too far off.

Plus, when you talk about games, PS3 has already caught up with 360 in quality exclusives, plus they're the only ones that released quality exclusives so far this year :|

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

U mean games by scores or your taste.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

nmaharg

Insales it is last, but in quality games definately not...that depends on personal taste in gaming, I got19 exclusive PS3 titles and 7 Xbox360 exclusives, so for me PS3's gaming library is better..

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

I guess you're correct, In RL it is last. Least sales, both console and game sales. In my opinion nit's a close second, coming up on first with the Wii in last place.

System Wars has the habit of making me actually dislike the system, which is kinds sad to be honest.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nmaharg

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=3" title="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=3">Wii looks dead last in games to me...AAllxxjjnn
I disagree 4AAA, 10AA, and 26A > 1AAAA, 4AAA, 6AA, 10A

Supa__Mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Supa__Mario
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts
it is like any superior more expensive product.....the majority doesnt have it.....the majority of the ppl have the average product.......as for me im busy playing all these new AAA exclusives........got no time for a 360...
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

Malta_1980

Insales it is last, but in quality games definately not...that depends on personal taste in gaming, I got19 exclusive PS3 titles and 7 Xbox360 exclusives, so for me PS3's gaming library is better..

Happy for you, but I was simply going be system wars rules. And by SW rules PS3 is dead last.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Sales? Yes. Games? 2nd place to 360 and not by much.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=3" title="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=3">Wii looks dead last in games to me...nmaharg

A rank games dont really matter. o_O; They're just "good." Average. 70%. A C grade.

That leaves us with a library that has 4 less AAs, and no AAAA.

Sorry, PS3 wins.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nmaharg

Sales? Yes. Games? 2nd place to 360 and not by much.

hakanakumono
It would be 3rd place seeing how PC is first. But by SW logic/rules its last not 3rd.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=3" title="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=3">Wii looks dead last in games to me...hakanakumono

A rank games dont really matter. o_O; They're just "good." Average. 70%. A C grade.

Sorry, PS3 wins.

Who says they don't matter? You?
DBhova23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DBhova23
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

Happy for you, but I was simply going be system wars rules. And by SW rules PS3 is dead last.

In sales ya.. but games?.. wii is last. PS3 does still have the best lineup this year.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

DBhova23

In sales ya.. but games?.. wii is last. PS3 does still have the best lineup this year.

Not by SW logic it isn't.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] I disagree 4AAA, 10AA, and 26A > 1AAAA, 4AAA, 6AA, 10A

nmaharg

Sorry, PS3 wins.

Maybe I'll create a poll. But Seriously. Having more single A rank titles than the other console doesn't tip the scale when you consider the higher rated titles.

Single A rank titles are nothing impressive and nothing to be bragged about.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Sorry, PS3 wins.

hakanakumono

Maybe I'll create a poll. But Seriously. Having more single A rank titles than the other console doesn't tip the scale when you consider the higher rated titles.

Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on them not being a big deal. Core gamers =/= All gamers.

DBhova23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DBhova23
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Who says they don't matter? You?nmaharg

Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on them not being a big deal. Core games =/= All gamers.

Wii Fit is a Core game now?
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nmaharg
[QUOTE="DBhova23"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on them not being a big deal. Core games =/= All gamers.

Do you not understand the "=/="?
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

Ummm no, it certainly getting some amazing AAA games and AA games, which is enough to keep me happy for PS3. You people make it sound like Ps3 is like a Gizmondo :|

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] Who says they don't matter? You?nmaharg

Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on, on them not being a big deal. Core games =/= All gamers.

Quality and Sales are two different things. It doesn't matter if you're a casual or a core gamer, you're still playing an average "game" when you pop in wii fit.

AAAA > AAA > AA > A. You can have countless A titles, but it's still not going to make up for an AAAA. Why is that? Because every game should be at least a 7 or higher. Sure, that's not going to happen for every game; you're bound to get 6s in a system's library. But if you have below a 7 you don't have a "good" game. Every game should at least be "good" and a game isn't worht hyping because its simply "good."

Here in system wars, we care about "great" games, "excellent" games, and "superb" games.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nmaharg

Ummm no, it certainly getting some amazing AAA games and AA games, which is enough to keep me happy for PS3. You people make it sound like Ps3 is like a Gizmondo :|

Disturbed123
I'm not bashing the PS3 at all. I'm simply pointing out the cold hard facts. Whether you agree or not is up to you. I still own my PS3.
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

[QUOTE="Disturbed123"]

nmaharg

I'm not bashing the PS3 at all. I'm simply pointing out the cold hard facts. Whether you agree or not is up to you. I still own my PS3.

As i said in a previous thread, every1 will lose eventually in a generation. Xbox failed last gen in sales, Dreamcast got bent over by Ps2, N64 and GC got drained by Ps1 and Ps2, now its time for Sony to suffer. It doesnt make it any less of a brilliant console though

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Was the search button not working for you? :| There's a plenty of threads on the PS3 being doomed...saw 2 others on page 1.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nmaharg

hakanakumono

Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on, on them not being a big deal. Core games =/= All gamers.

Quality and Sales are two different things. It doesn't matter if you're a casual or a core gamer, you're still playing an average "game" when you pop in wii fit.

AAAA > AAA > AA > A. You can have countless A titles, but it's still not going to make up for an AAAA. Why is that? Because every game should be at least a 7 or higher. Sure, that's not going to happen for every game; you're bound to get 6s in a system's library. But if you have below a 7 you don't have a "good" game. Every game should at least be "good" and a game isn't worht hyping because its simply "good."

Here in system wars, we care about "great" games, "excellent" games, and "superb" games.

I've been in system wars since 2004, and this is the first time seeing that. Again why add the A titles to the list made just for gamespot if they aren't important?
DBhova23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DBhova23

[QUOTE="DBhova23"][QUOTE="nmaharg"] Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on them not being a big deal. Core games =/= All gamers.

nmaharg

how you gonna answer my question with a question? lol

Based on the percentage of games released on each system PS3 has the higher critically acclaimed games.. followed by 360 and wii in a distant 3rd.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nmaharg
Was the search button not working for you? :| There's a plenty of threads on the PS3 being doomed...saw 2 others on page 1.killab2oo5
PS3 isn't doomed. It's just in last place.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="DBhova23"] Wii Fit is a Core game now? DBhova23

Based on the percentage of games released on each system PS3 has the higher critically acclaimed games.. followed by 360 and wii in a distant 3rd.

How did you determine this? And no Wii Fit isn't a core game, but my post implied that.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] Wii Fit is one of these A titles. Seeing how its in the top 10 sold almost every week, I'll have to disagree you on, on them not being a big deal. Core games =/= All gamers.nmaharg

I've been in system wars since 2004, and this is the first time seeing that. Again why add the A titles to the list made just for gamespot if they aren't important?

They're no shining stars, but they are useful in judging a console. In the PS3's case, in light of it's higher ranking titles they tell us that the system has quite a few "great" games and even some ranking higher than that, but it does not have a steady stream of "good" games. If you buy a PS3 you're not going to have a large selection of "good" games to choose from and you're certainly not going to get the same selection you had with the PS2. After all, A titles ARE worth purchasing. The wii tells us something different. While the lineup isn't particularly impressive, there does seem to be a steady stream of games worth at least purchasing for the system.

If you look at both of these together you might come to the conclusion that the wii gets a steady stream of A titles, being a sales leader, but developers want to put the titles they put the most heart and effort in on an HD console (often on the PS3 as multiplats). On the other hand, if Sony didn't make a strong 1st party effort with the PS3 and if 360 games didn't make it over to the PS3 as multiplats the library would probably be in poor condition.

DBhova23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DBhova23

[QUOTE="DBhova23"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] Do you not understand the "=/="?nmaharg

How did you determine this? And no Wii Fit isn't a core game, but my post implied that.

My bad I read that wrong... its 530 am here.

I speak the Truth

Its a year old but dont think much has changed. I saw a recent article a few months back but cant find it.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="DBhova23"] how you gonna answer my question with a question? lol

DBhova23

My bad I read that wrong... its 530 am here.

I speak the Truth

never doubted you. Doesn't change the fact Wii has a stronger library of games using SW logic.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

They're no shining stars, but they are useful in judging a console. In the PS3's case, in light of it's higher ranking titles they tell us that the system has quite a few "great" games and even some ranking higher than that, but it does not have a steady stream of "good" games. If you buy a PS3 you're not going to have a large selection of "good" games to choose from and you're certainly not going to get the same selection you had with the PS2. After all, A titles ARE worth purchasing. The wii tells us something different. While the lineup isn't particularly impressive, there does seem to be a steady stream of games worth at least purchasing for the system.

If you look at both of these together you might come to the conclusion that the wii gets a steady stream of A titles, being a sales leader, but developers want to put the titles they put the most heart and effort in on an HD console (often on the PS3 as multiplats). On the other hand, if Sony didn't make a strong 1st party effort with the PS3 and if 360 games didn't make it over to the PS3 as multiplats the library would probably be in poor condition.

LOL, besides Halo, and now Geow, the xbox has no history for it to have any games to lose the ps3. If it lost a game to the ps3 is because it was never a xbox game, it was just released prior to the ps3 launching, hence GRAW series. And not having any games for the ps3, what are you talking about? I buy exclusives and fill in with multiplates through out the year. While 360 owners buy mulitiplates and fill in with exclusives. You do know there was about a 1 1/2 years delay between AAA titles for the 360 right? Crazy huh, that the ps3 started off slow but is at full steam, while the 360 started off fast but is now almost out of gas. 360 owners will be waiting for Forza3 to get a AAA rating and if it does that will have been 11 months since yalls last AAA. I don't even know whats going to happen around here if FM3 doesn't get a AAA but its going to be ugly lol. While ps3 owners have been going about 4-6 months between AAA's in the past 1 1/2 years quite a difference huh. And the ps3 is possibly going to get 1-2 more by the end of the year. And you know then we roll into 2010 with some great quality games coming then "cough GOWIII cough". Wait what does the 360 have in 2010? Oh never mind I know Geow 3.
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
considering how terrible it is how can you be surprised? it's an overrated, overpriced failbox with no third party support
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GreyFoXX4
considering how terrible it is how can you be surprised? it's an overrated, overpriced failbox with no third party supporthy4k
Not over rated, maybe high priced but over priced is the 360, and "The Agent" says hello:)
Andrewlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Andrewlee
Member since 2003 • 279 Posts

Sorry man, but I much prefer the PS3 exclusive games. Many of X360 exclusives were released during the very beginning of the generation, and gathered great scores because there were no other good games to compare them to. I'm talking about games such as Dead or Alive 4, PGR3, Perfect Dark Zero.. while they are good they are nowhere near as good as games from the last 2 years. But they are included in the metacritic listings so that lemmings can brag about "more games"... The only worthy exclusives that were released recently for the X360 are GoW2 and Fable 2. That's not much. In that timespan there were MGS4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, inFamous and Little Big Planet released on the PS3.

As for sales, the worldwide numbers are unknown, so I wouldn't be that certain that Xbox360 does better than PS3.

Harry_Balzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Harry_Balzac
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

nmaharg
Because they are forgetting that, as they are too busy playing their great PS3 games.... AAAA exclusives that 360 still has none of....So whether you own either a 360 or a PS3......there are great games on each to enjoy. Being an owner of both my favorites this gen......I can enjoy both without making dopey topics on systems wars about sales, who is winning or losing, or counting on fingers who has more aaa's, aa's' a and such. It's like saying an athlete (PS3) that has 1 olympic Gold, 3 Olympic silvers, and 10 Bronzes, is a worse athlete than one (360) that has ZERO Golds, 5 silvers and 16 bronzes..... Please people, come up with intelligent, thought provoking acts of fanboyism.....or at least something mildly creative, funny and entertaining.
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hy4k
[QUOTE="hy4k"]considering how terrible it is how can you be surprised? it's an overrated, overpriced failbox with no third party supportGreyFoXX4
Not over rated, maybe high priced but over priced is the 360, and "The Agent" says hello:)

definately overrated, definately overpriced As for Agent, sony refused to discuss the terms of exclusivity when pressed. guess what that means!
KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

I could care less if PS3 sells less than the competition. All I care about is the games and this year it has a better line-up than the others imo.

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="hy4k"]considering how terrible it is how can you be surprised? it's an overrated, overpriced failbox with no third party supporthy4k

definately overrated, definately overpriced As for Agent, sony refused to discuss the terms of exclusivity when pressed. guess what that means!

Umm.....maybe at E3?

The dev of agent is being funded by sony.

KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KratosTwin

I guess if all people care about is sales than the Wii is this generation's console King, but lemmings will have none of that. The sales argument to them only applies to the 360 vs. PS3.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreyFoXX4
[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="hy4k"]considering how terrible it is how can you be surprised? it's an overrated, overpriced failbox with no third party supporthy4k

Funny that Rockstar had no issues talking about it being exclusive to the ps3 and why its good to release on 1 format :) Hmmm, $299 360+$50 xblg=$349, $349-$399=$50 so for $50 more you get a reliable system, you get a bluray player, you get a huge amount of 1st and 2nd party dev teams for exclusives= being underpriced compared to its competition.
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hy4k
[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"] Funny that Rockstar had no issues talking about it being exclusive to the ps3 and why its good to release on 1 format :) .

yeah, funny that. i'm sure no 360 developer did the same before making their game multiplat you dont need a blu rayer for the 360, you can already watch HD movies. All without the pitfalls of longer load times and 4gb forced installs. it costs a little too much if you want a games machine. and even then it has nothing to offer beyond a handful of exclusives (mostly inferior shooters), a ps1 pad, load times, a poor online service where no-one has voice chat and inferior versions of 360 games i dont see a huge amount of exclusives for the PS3. i see 2 so far this year, and a handful for the rest of the year. it's 400 dollar failbox
KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KratosTwin

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"] Funny that Rockstar had no issues talking about it being exclusive to the ps3 and why its good to release on 1 format :) .hy4k
yeah, funny that. i'm sure no 360 developer did the same before making their game multiplat you dont need a blu rayer for the 360, you can already watch HD movies. All without the pitfalls of longer load times and 4gb forced installs. it costs a little too much if you want a games machine. and even then it has nothing to offer beyond a handful of exclusives (mostly inferior shooters), a ps1 pad, load times, a poor online service where no-one has voice chat and inferior versions of 360 games i dont see a huge amount of exclusives for the PS3. i see 2 so far this year, and a handful for the rest of the year. it's 400 dollar failbox

Laughing out loudat you for thinking that watching HD movies on the 360 is just as good as watching a full out Blu-ray disk....lol

There's no comparison.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

nmaharg

i havent forgot, infact im playing SalesZone2 right now, ohhhh i just bought a headshot!! woop $10 points!!!