It's called the PSP 2000.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

That's what the codename for the new PSP is. Since the old model is the PSP 1000.

"Engineers in Tokyo have even looked into activating the PSP's Remote Play function so gamers on the road with their PSP could access and play games saved on their home PS3 over a WiFi connection. "

Yeah, and that sounds awesome too. Great read right here... http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1566451/20070806/index.jhtml

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#2 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TekkenMaster606

So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?SemiMaster

Maybe you missed those previews for Silent Hill Origins, God of War : Chains of Olympus, and Star Wars Battlefront. But then again, if you're one of those sheepies that likes to be corralled into thinking that handheld games have to be completely different than anything on console...

You'll damage control your way out of recognizing the good **** coming to the PSP. Oh, did I mention Final Fantasy Crisis Core? Nope. There is another one.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

god of war...

qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

"PSP sucks"

"it has no good games"

"lolz PSP ports"

Did I miss anything?

crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
Echochrome sounds awesome.
darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?qewrewq

"PSP sucks"

"it has no good games"

"lolz PSP ports"

Did I miss anything?

ooooo yes you miss something....... you are a DS lover

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="qewrewq"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?darcom1

"PSP sucks"

"it has no good games"

"lolz PSP ports"

Did I miss anything?

Incorrect. I sold my DS to fund my PS3... something that is finally getting games, unlike the PSP. In fact all handhelds suck, I came to that realization after wasting money on the DS. So basically why is the PSP any different?

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts
[QUOTE="darcom1"][QUOTE="qewrewq"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?SemiMaster

"PSP sucks"

"it has no good games"

"lolz PSP ports"

Did I miss anything?

Incorrect. I sold my DS to fund my PS3... something that is finally getting games, unlike the PSP. In fact all handhelds suck, I came to that realization after wasting money on the DS. So basically why is the PSP any different?

god of war...

lol maybe the square game that you can download off the internet for free. that 1 is fun.

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
Yay psp 2000 I cant wait for this new version to get crushed by the DS :D!!
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SemiMaster

god of war...

lol maybe the square game that you can download off the internet for free. that 1 is fun.

p2rus

So God of War is the only reason to buy the PSP? And such as for myself who doesn't like God of War, where does that leave me? Sounds like the PSP is a one trick pony still, living of multimedia capability rather than games?

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cyprus646

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?TekkenMaster606

Maybe you missed those previews for Silent Hill Origins, God of War : Chains of Olympus, and Star Wars Battlefront. But then again, if you're one of those sheepies that likes to be corralled into thinking that handheld games have to be completely different than anything on console...

You'll damage control your way out of recognizing the good **** coming to the PSP. Oh, did I mention Final Fantasy Crisis Core? Nope. There is another one.

I like how psp supportes throw all the same games in people face as soon as they bash there flop handheld all the games you have listed are on the ps2 and done alot better they made be "original: in the fact that they have different names but in gameplay there still the same except done alot worse because of the psp crap nub. Sony basically tricked you guys into buy this handheld to play rehashes of console ports.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?cyprus646

play rehashes of console ports.

I rest my case.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
The only problem I have with the PSP is that it not a very portable handheld...it is to big, my hope when we started hearing about a new PSP was for one the size of well the DS lite...I keep my DS lite in my pocket all most at all times but I could not do that with a PSP. But the star wars one does look cool.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 qewrewq

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?cyprus646

I like how psp supportes throw all the same games in people face as soon as they bash there flop handheld all the games you have listed are on the ps2 and done alot better they made be "original: in the fact that they have different names but in gameplay there still the same except done alot worse because of the psp crap nub. Sony basically tricked you guys into buy this handheld to play rehashes of console ports.

Funny thing is, none of the games he listed are on the PS2.

Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Banhammer3000
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts

Is PSP2 or PSP lite because people are too lazy to type the whole thing down,I mean remember how everyone typed STALKER instead of S.T.A.L.K.E.R or FEAR instead of F.E.A.R ?.

No one feels like Typing PSP 2000 also the correct name would be Playstation portable 2000 anyway.

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cyprus646
[QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?TekkenMaster606

I rest my case.

Well then what the point of buying a handheld that plays games that are done much better on a conslole and sold cheaper :? The DS has games that are done on the console and guess what they all suck the original games usually are the good one the psp has console rehashes that flop in every single way in accordance to the consol's so you can rest your case in the fact that you bought a psp and wasted 30 - 35 dollars on games that are done better on the consoles and sole cheaper (20 bucks)
Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Banhammer3000
[QUOTE="p2rus"]

god of war...

SemiMaster

So God of War is the only reason to buy the PSP? And such as for myself who doesn't like God of War, where does that leave me? Sounds like the PSP is a one trick pony still, living of multimedia capability rather than games?

Castlvania Dracula X chronicles,Megaman Powered up!,MonsterHunter Freedom Second,Jeanne D' Arc,Final Fantasy Lion war,Final Fantasy Crisis Core,Crazy Taxi,Syphon Filter Logan Shadow.

Pick one.

Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Banhammer3000
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

I rest my case.

Well then what the point of buying a handheld that plays games that are done much better on a conslole and sold cheaper :? The DS has games that are done on the console and guess what they all suck the original games usually are the good one the psp has console rehashes that flop in every single way in accordance to the consol's so you can rest your case in the fact that you bought a psp and wasted 30 - 35 dollars on games that are done better on the consoles and sole cheaper (20 bucks)

Whats the point of buying a console or a handheld that only plays mario and cheap jrpg.....

Your Dead wont be avenged.

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cyprus646
[QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?qewrewq

I like how psp supportes throw all the same games in people face as soon as they bash there flop handheld all the games you have listed are on the ps2 and done alot better they made be "original" in the fact that they have different names but in gameplay there still the same except done alot worse because of the psp crap nub. Sony basically tricked you guys into buy this handheld to play rehashes of console ports.

Funny thing is, none of the games he listed are on the PS2.

Funny how selective reading can cloud the mind :roll: all the games are on ps2 except with differnt name's

Silent hill sereis

God of war 1- 2

and Battle front 1-2 are all on the ps2 and done better and sold cheaper.

qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 qewrewq
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

I rest my case.

Do you really expect anyone to read that?

Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Banhammer3000
[QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

I rest my case.

Do you really expect anyone to read that?

I did I can resume it for you,It is fanboy BS with a bit of fanboy propaganda.

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cyprus646
[QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?Banhammer3000

I rest my case.

Whats the point of buying a console or a handheld that only plays mario and cheap jrpg.....

Mario and cheap JRPG ?? dosent te psp get those cheap JRPG wich you listed just a couple of post above ?? and I dont undertand what your dead wont be avanged means :? Last time I checks meteos or nintendogs wasnt mario but I gotta recheck now.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
ya..that is only the code name. so what?
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TekkenMaster606

Funny how selective reading can cloud the mind :roll: all the games are on ps2 except with differnt name's

Silent hill sereis

God of war 1- 2

and Battle front 1-2 are all on the ps2 and done better and sold cheaper.

cyprus646

But they are not available to be played on the bus, in your car, by the pool, or anywhere you are without your console.

So it all comes down to that huge section IN BOLD ABOVE. That applies to you.

enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

You're saying crisis core a console rehash? Are you joking? It's a completely new ff7 sequel exclusive to the psp. Wad the hell are you talking about.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

some ppl rnt into those games. i know its shocking. :shock:

i dont know how you came about that he's a sheep with what he said. you got offensive cause he doesnt share your opinion.:lol:

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SemiMaster

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?istreakforfood

i dont know how you came about that he's a sheep with what he said. you got offensive cause he doesnt share your opinion.:lol:

It's a sign of a fanboy to become offended when someone denigrates or merely questions your inanimate object AKA console of choice. That's all.

Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Banhammer3000
[QUOTE="Banhammer3000"][QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="cyprus646"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

I rest my case.

Mario and cheap JRPG ?? dosent te psp get those cheap JRPG wich you listed just a couple of post above ?? and I dont undertand what your dead wont be avanged means :? Last time I checks meteos or nintendogs wasnt mario but I gotta recheck now.

Nintendogs are you being serious :|.

BTW Your spelling is awful,I'm just saying that because I'm the Grammar Nazi.

If you don't know what "Your Dead would be avenged/Your Dead wont be avenged" means you are a newb.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TekkenMaster606

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]So are there any plans for good games for said PSP though?istreakforfood

My use of the word sheep really had nothing to do with Nintendo fanboys. It was just a figure of speech meant to help portray the feeling of 'being corralled' that I get when people talk about the PSP being full of PS2 ports.

If you're saying that the PSP is full of games that share too many gameplay elements as console counterparts. If you're saying they're the same. Then the statement I bolded in this thread applies to you. Because if those games are so similar, it means that handheld games have to be a little more different. And you know, Nintendo is the only company that is doing that.

And I don't even understand why people say that the DS has a library so much better than the PSP. Unless you're one of those people trapped inside the fences (see bolded statement) you're crazy to say so on Gamespot, in System Wars. PSP has a higher total of AAA/AA games here. You wanna say the DS has better games? Go find another website that scores it's games higher then.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
lol...this thread is becoming a PSP vs DS. But of course, this is system war....
covhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 covhunter
Member since 2004 • 946 Posts

PSP 2000? Sounds like something you try to market through the medium of dodgy door to door salesmen. Let's hope that's only the codename and that the finished product is called something decent. (Though PSP2 is the most likely, all hail imaginitive names)

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TekkenMaster606

lol...this thread is becoming a PSP vs DS. But of course, this is system war....joeychew

I perfectly orchestrate a thread like this one every so often just to see how many times sales can be brought up in a DS and PSP discussion.

Even though that has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Banhammer3000

lol...this thread is becoming a PSP vs DS. But of course, this is system war....joeychew

Captain obvious OMG!!1.

cloud0830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 cloud0830
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
To fund a P$3 because you have to put another morgage on your homecause it costs so dam much, and the psp is just plain fun unless your the loser overweight dude whom never leaves home and has no use for a handheld then more power to you.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TekkenMaster606

To fund a P$3 because you have to put another morgage on your homecause it costs so dam much, and the psp is just plain fun unless your the loser overweight dude whom never leaves home and has no use for a handheld then more power to you.cloud0830

No. PSP fans are pretty fat. And probably lazy too. After all Sony fans have a problem with disk swapping. And well, the #1 reason around here is because we're lazy.

greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 greenprince
Member since 2006 • 3332 Posts
How in Heaven's name did the PSP 2000 ended up in PSP vs DS argument?
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

god of war, final fantasy crisis, final fantasy tactics. those seem like the only 3 games worth ever playing on psp.

and besides, wasn't this new model the won that was completely the same thing, except it was just lighter and thinner?

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

There's a really good Star Wars coming out this fall for it. Thus why they put Darth Vader on the white PSP.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TekkenMaster606

Well, it's thinner, and lighter. But the biggest thing about the new PSP is the redesigned UMD drive and the extra internal memory. Those are designed to help speed up the load times and consume less battery life.

So when the load times have been shortened there goes some DS fanboy spin.

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
Typical sheep responses in a PSP thread:

"Lolz teh PSP only has PS2 ports!"
"Teh better experience in teh tv room!"

Then they go back to playing Final Fantasy III, Yoshi's Island, SMB, Castlevania or whatever other game we all played on a console some years ago.

That or Pokemon.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TekkenMaster606

Typical sheep responses in a PSP thread:

"Lolz teh PSP only has PS2 ports!"
"Teh better experience in teh tv room!"

Then they go back to playing Final Fantasy III, Yoshi's Island, SMB, Castlevania or whatever other game we all played on a console some years ago.

That or Pokemon.DireToad

No sales yet. They get credit for that. This is strictly hardware, functionality, and library discussion here.

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts

actually there are quite a few good UPCOMING games: (i´m only going to say game that are NOT ports or are NOT going to be ported, in other words they are EXCLUSIVE

Racing: a new burnout, crazy taxi: Fare wars, Sonic Rivals 2, Grand Turismo 4 mobile (dont know how diferent will it be from the other GT4 but GS says its PSP only, you dont have to count this one if you dont want to) and a new wipeout

Shooting: Coded arms, Syphon Filter: Logan´s shadow, MGS: Portable ops plus, Ghost recon: advanced war fighter, Pursuit force: extreme justice Star Wars battlefront renegade squadron (also not conversions)

Strategy: Jean D´arc, Final Fantasy tactic and Dungeons dragons Tactics (i think that final fantasy is a remake not a port, does it count as an original game?), Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

RPG: Final Fantasy crisis core, Dragoneer´s aria, The Elder Scrolls oblivion

Adventure/platformer: Castlevania: Dracula x chronicles, Dead head fred, Locoroco 2, God of war: chains of Olympus

Survival Horros: Silent hill origins (pretty weak on this dpt. if you ask me)

Sports: sorry not a big sports fan, i know a few maddens, NFL and PES ( AKA winning eleven) are on their way

Did i miss any genre or game?

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars

Wild ARMs: Crossfire

Madden NFL 08

Dungeons & Dragons Tactics

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Dead Head Fred

Coded Arms: Contagion

Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

Worms: Open Warfare 2

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

Tenchu: Time of the Assassins

Manhunt 2

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

Sega Rally Revo

Thrillville: Off the Rails

LocoRoco 2

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

The Simpsons Game

Need for Speed ProStreet

Silent Hill: Origins

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Sonic Rivals 2

Beowulf

WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008

The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Space Invaders Evolution

Ape Escape Academy 2

Ridge Racer 2

Painkiller: Hell Wars

WipeOut Pulse

Gran Turismo Mobile

Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Iron Man

Star Ocean: The First Departure

Star Ocean: The Second Evolution

Breath of Fire III

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#45 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

My use of the word sheep really had nothing to do with Nintendo fanboys. It was just a figure of speech meant to help portray the feeling of 'being corralled' that I get when people talk about the PSP being full of PS2 ports.

If you're saying that the PSP is full of games that share too many gameplay elements as console counterparts. If you're saying they're the same. Then the statement I bolded in this thread applies to you. Because if those games are so similar, it means that handheld games have to be a little more different. And you know, Nintendo is the only company that is doing that.

And I don't even understand why people say that the DS has a library so much better than the PSP. Unless you're one of those people trapped inside the fences (see bolded statement) you're crazy to say so on Gamespot, in System Wars. PSP has a higher total of AAA/AA games here. You wanna say the DS has better games? Go find another website that scores it's games higher then.

by your terms then the 360 is better than the ps3 cause it has more AAA/AA games, but i bet you disagree with that.

oh well i guess im trapped in a fence cause i dont share your opinion. just cause gears of war got a 9.6 and goty. doesnt mean everyone will like the game. there are ppl who dislike it for various reasons.

im not a handheld gamer. if i had to choose i personally prefer the ds over the psp. thats just my preference. i find everything about the ds fresh and innovating(the two screens, the pen, etc). the ds has more games im interested in (some will disagree with my taste of games). dont get me wrong psp has good library of games as well, but in the end its all about the preference. i think the ds and the psp has their pros and cons.

anyways back to topic thnks for informing us about the new psp called the psp 2000.