It Begins, EA has no Plans to Put Mass Effect: Andromeda on Switch.

• 127 results
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13566 Posts

I am not surprised by this if true. I would be a lot more concerned if Madden and FIFA didn't make it to the Switch.

Still I believe this system will get Japanese support. The real question was whether the Switch can get back Western support.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

EA lol...They will put it on the switch with the other mass effects if the switch sells. Simple as that money is money.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41598 Posts

@Ghost_Dub said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ghost_Dub said:

@nintendoboy16: The differences are pretty big here: ME: A is absolutely pandering that shit while Overwatch handled it perfectly.

Maybe in your opinion, but elsewhere (like the comments in Censored Gaming's video on it), Blizzard is getting quite a lot of shit for Tracer's sexuality all the same, which I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were alt-right.

Why should we care about what a bunch of morons like that think about anything?

Because now, the results of an election and more so after an inauguration, they're going to have more power.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ghost_Dub said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ghost_Dub said:

@nintendoboy16: The differences are pretty big here: ME: A is absolutely pandering that shit while Overwatch handled it perfectly.

Maybe in your opinion, but elsewhere (like the comments in Censored Gaming's video on it), Blizzard is getting quite a lot of shit for Tracer's sexuality all the same, which I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were alt-right.

Why should we care about what a bunch of morons like that think about anything?

Because now, the results of an election and more so after an inauguration, they're going to have more power.

Sorry, I don't follow...

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Yeah I agree that ME3's failure is EA's own fault, a trilogy collection would have been the obvious choice. I really hope that Switch doesn't get too many delayed ports and if it does, they really should have exclusive content (ie. Samus being in Overwatch). If we can get more stuff like this, I can see their games selling like hotcakes.

I also agree that Nintendo is at fault for third party relations, especially recently since their systems can't handle modern games. They were at their peak with them when they had a system similar in power. I think they're taking a step in the right direction so far with stuff like Unreal Engine 4 being on the Switch but we'll have to find out for sure come next week.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 nintendoboy16

@bowserjr123 said:

@nintendoboy16: Yeah I agree that ME3's failure is EA's own fault, a trilogy collection would have been the obvious choice. I really hope that Switch doesn't get too many delayed ports and if it does, they really should have exclusive content (ie. Samus being in Overwatch). If we can get more stuff like this, I can see their games selling like hotcakes.

I also agree that Nintendo is at fault for third party relations, especially recently since their systems can't handle modern games. They were at their peak with them when they had a system similar in power. I think they're taking a step in the right direction so far with stuff like Unreal Engine 4 being on the Switch but we'll have to find out for sure come next week.

I honestly doubt Switch will get Overwatch. Blizzard hasn't cared about Nintendo development in a while.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

ahahhahahahhahhaaaa

hahahahahahhaha

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#58  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I'm doubting it as well to be on the safe side, but that was just an example of the kind of content that should be in third party games should they be delayed ports.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56553 Posts

@itstotallymike said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:
@davillain- said:

To be fair, there's hardly any demanding for Mass Effect games to be on Nintendo consoles, why Andromeda be any different? Mass Effect: Andromeda has been in production for awhile now before Nintendo started developing Switch for the most parts. Regardless of what people may think of Nintendo Switch, I'm still buying it day one for exclusive games, I like what I seen so far and I was gonna buy Andromeda on PC anyways, buying it for Switch was the last thing on my mind.

Why would Bethesda put Skyrim on Switch?

Why would Ubisoft put Assassin's Creed on Wii U?

Why bother putting Call of Duty 4 on Wii when it was previously stated it could not?

Mass Effect Andromeda would actually be perfect to put on a New System since it's not supposed to have ANY ties to the Original Cast or Universe of the original Trilogy. If anything it's a better fit then putting Mass Effect 3 on Wii U since you're not in the middle of a Giant Story Arc, you're starting a New Adventure.

Also it's not the player base of Nintendo Consoles is demanding more "Mass Effect". It's that the Player base is demanding "More 3rd Party."

Brings up a good point for me personally. I played 1/2 on Steam. I own 3 on WiiU but haven't even opened it yet. 3 isn't on Steam. I've been holding out hoping it would be on Steam. How much will I be missing out on if I just play it on WiiU? Did you guys who played it on PC run into similar issues?

On topic...I will be getting a Switch Day 1, but probably wouldn't play MEA on it anyway.

To me I play Mass Effect trilogy on Xbox 360 since I did play the first game on Xbox 360 anyways and later on PC since I have EA Origin and I for one never had problems with Origin cause I like the freebie games in the vault so I'd had no issues. I have Steam first and foremost, follow by EA Origin and UPlay. Like I said, playing Mass Effect games on a Nintendo console never came to my mind when ME3 got ported for Wii U.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

It's to be expected the switch is weak with no storage. It also has no install base and the network is basically a huge unknown. Then you have patches and DLC so naturally 3rd party support is going to suck.

Then you have the marketing or lack of and a launch that misses the holidays smdh.

The same people hardcore sheep will line up for the switch. Sheep won't care as long as mario/zelda/pokemon are there.

Personally I don't wan't nintendo to die but their products suck. They need to go 3rd party and give up on making horrible hardware.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Mass Effect 3 sold awful on the Wii U.. not shocking they dont wanna put it on there.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Fits the M.O. Another under supported Nintendo console.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

That picture says it all. Who cares about Switch when you can play freaking GameBoy games on your Gamecube

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts

im shocked. i mean absolutely blindisded by this. the fact that EA had to put out a statement to clear up some confusion on this matter is...well i never saw it coming.

of course this wasnt going to come to the switch. why on earth would they put it on the switch? games like mass effect dont sell on nintendo platforms.

anyone expecting AAA 3rd party multiplat support is just either trying to set up troll bait or has lost their senses. its not going to happen. the switch, like all nintendo platforms since they made hardware, is made by nintendo for the requirements of nintendo and only nintendo. its a clever device that solves a few problems for them. it does nothing, not one single thing, to encourage 3rd party maultiplat development.

nintendo will have to bankroll exclusive 3rd party content. thats the only way its going to work.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18837 Posts

@def_mode: "Switch will be another Mario and friends box."

When will Nintendo learned Mario and Friends is not enough?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nintendoboy16

@Flubbbs said:

Mass Effect 3 sold awful on the Wii U.. not shocking they dont wanna put it on there.

Due to EA themselves not even trying.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Flubbbs said:

EA putting the last game in a trilogy wasnt helping, but the wii u was the major reason for the failure. The switch has the potential to be amazing, but at the same time it could be another wii u cause it doesnt connect with consumers, I can see it going both ways. I dont blame them for not putting ME4 on the switch, when they are probably going to put some casual games on to test the waters before a more core gamer type game

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nintendoboy16

@aigis said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Flubbbs said:

EA putting the last game in a trilogy wasnt helping, but the wii u was the major reason for the failure. The switch has the potential to be amazing, but at the same time it could be another wii u cause it doesnt connect with consumers, I can see it going both ways. I dont blame them for not putting ME4 on the switch, when they are probably going to put some casual games on to test the waters before a more core gamer type game

Not exactly. If they did put Trilogy on Wii U, then I would believe it. But it's ME3 we're talking about here, a game surrounded by controversy among it's own fans that the press gave quite a lot of coverage of.

Once again, third parties need to stop being exempt from criticism to why third party relations with Nintendo suck when there's been several occasions where there just as much at fault like when Nintendo does, but gets overlook because, again, Nintendo are seen as fascists of the industry.

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

I have little faith the Switch will support a third-party library in any meaningful way. But this is just one game, so there's still room for doubt.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By aigis

@nintendoboy16 said:
@aigis said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Flubbbs said:

Not exactly. If they did put Trilogy on Wii U, then I would believe it. But it's ME3 we're talking about here, a game surrounded by controversy among it's own fans that the press gave quite a lot of coverage of.

Once again, third parties need to stop being exempt from criticism to why third party relations with Nintendo suck when there's been several occasions where there just as much at fault like when Nintendo does, but gets overlook because, again, Nintendo are seen as fascists of the industry.

I dont know about fascists of the industry, but the main reason the wii u failed was the wii u itself in this instance. ME3 is steeped in controversy at the time, but I think most people enjoyed the game, its just the ending everyone hated. It just wasnt a good fit for the wii u since you either cant play the first two or you will stick with the console you were playing on to transfer progress. They messed up, but it wasnt that big of error in the grand scheme of things. Nintendo was the real cause of the wii u's failure, the marketing wasnt on point for the system and didnt appeal to either casual or core gamers.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#71 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Don't care about ME, bring the Switch already!

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Oh well. Pc version it is

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7383 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

Here's another thing too, why is no one talking about storage capacity on cartridges? Games are starting to bridge the 80+ GB threshold, do you think any form of high speed cartridge is going to have those capacities or be cheap? **** no, that's just another thing that is going to eat third party profits and constrain them to figuring out how to compress their games to fit.

Yet another non-incentivized hassle.

If the rumors are true that the Switch is only as powerful as the Shield Tablet, then 32 gig carts will probably be enough.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I don't see myself ever buying a multiplatform game on the Switch regardless, so this doesn't effect me in the slightest. The thing will more than likely be a Zelda/Mario Kart/Smash Bros box for me, much like all of Nintendo's platforms since the N64.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Switch will be a success if it manages to be a great handheld system. If it is looked at more as a console than as a handheld, it will be a huge flop. The price point is very important here.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#76 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@aigis: If EA wanted to be smart about why they don't support Nintendo systems, they should hit gamers where it hurts most and say "Cause ya'll didn't buy 'Most Wanted U'."

@Ghost_Dub We've had like 4 (or hell let's go 20) years of 3rd Party Developers tell us "We don't have plans putting 'X' Game on Nintendo Console." only to have that attitude of "wait and see" only to find "No Plans" equals "No Game"...like ever.

Stay optimistic, but let's be real here.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Not on Switch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Heil68 said:

ahahhahahahhahhaaaa

hahahahahahhaha

where will you be playing it? ps4/pro ..toy? hahaha ill be on PC for a better experience.

see what i did there?

anyway.... wii didnt have 90% of the 3rd party games 360 and ps3 had and still won the gen. i'm going to wait and see how it is revealed and sells before passing judgement.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@judaspete said:
@dynamitecop said:

Here's another thing too, why is no one talking about storage capacity on cartridges? Games are starting to bridge the 80+ GB threshold, do you think any form of high speed cartridge is going to have those capacities or be cheap? **** no, that's just another thing that is going to eat third party profits and constrain them to figuring out how to compress their games to fit.

If the rumors are true that the Switch is only as powerful as the Shield Tablet, then 32 gig carts will probably be enough.

And if games are in excess of 32 GB's? If a game is 80 GB's?

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

@Ghost_Dub said:

This is also a good place to post this video about the upcoming game. People should really know what they are supporting when they buy things.

Loading Video...

Guy is nothing but troll trash as are his opinions.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9443 Posts

Who ever bought a Nintendo console for multi-platform games?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#83 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@pyro1245 said:

Who ever bought a Nintendo console for multi-platform games?

No one since the Gamecube. You're correct. If you buy a Nintendo console for 3rd party games, you are doing it wrong.

If you buy any console for 3rd Party games you're doing it wrong, since PC has the best Mutliplatform games.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 889 Posts

No surprises here. The real reason why the Switch will not see much third party support is because:

1) Switch uses ARM-based Tegra processors. PC, XBO and PS4 all use x86 processors. This make it easy to port games between PC, XBO and PS4, but hard for Switch.

2) Lower graphics capabilities.

Put yourself in the shows of a developer. Why would you spend that much money changing everything just for one system?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#85 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@aigis said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@aigis said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Flubbbs said:

I dont know about fascists of the industry, but the main reason the wii u failed was the wii u itself in this instance. ME3 is steeped in controversy at the time, but I think most people enjoyed the game, its just the ending everyone hated. It just wasnt a good fit for the wii u since you either cant play the first two or you will stick with the console you were playing on to transfer progress. They messed up, but it wasnt that big of error in the grand scheme of things. Nintendo was the real cause of the wii u's failure, the marketing wasnt on point for the system and didnt appeal to either casual or core gamers.

Yeah, so it was EA's fault, putting ME3 on the Wii U when they could have put the Trilogy on it- especially since they went ahead and released the Trilogy on every other system for the same price at that time anyway.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7383 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@judaspete said:
@dynamitecop said:

And if games are in excess of 32 GB's? If a game is 80 GB's?

If it's 80GB you're out of luck, but with Switch's graphics capabilities most games wont be. For instance, the PS3 version of GTA 5 is 36gb, and that was one of the biggest games on the system. Switch graphics will only be marginally better than PS3's.

Most 3rd party games are not going to end up on Switch, but the ones that do will have to scale back their graphics so much that 32gb will probably be enough. Compressing audio files will help a lot too. I doubt Switch does 5.1 surround sound.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@lavamelon said:

No surprises here. The real reason why the Switch will not see much third party support is because:

1) Switch uses ARM-based Tegra processors. PC, XBO and PS4 all use x86 processors. This make it easy to port games between PC, XBO and PS4, but hard for Switch.

2) Lower graphics capabilities.

Put yourself in the shows of a developer. Why would you spend that much money changing everything just for one system?

Also as I previously stated they lose a decent amount more money having to cater to cartridges rather than optical media.

All in all, it's not an incentivized or desirable platform to develop for.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 aigis

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, so it was EA's fault, putting ME3 on the Wii U when they could have put the Trilogy on it- especially since they went ahead and released the Trilogy on every other system for the same price at that time anyway.

It is partly, the wii u just being generally unappealing is the main reason. If they had put the trilogy out for the wii u, it still isnt a system seller. I dont think the other ports did very well either and they werent hindered by ME3's issues.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#89 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I don't think third party support will be good for switch. I doubt the machine is all that powerful and third party games never sell well on Nintendo. EA are many things, but they are not usually dumb when it comes to making money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

It is partly, the wii u just being generally unappealing is the main reason. If they had put the trilogy out for the wii u, it still isnt a system seller. I dont think the other ports did very well either and they werent hindered by ME3's issues.

They were two (or more) year old late ports at full price, I mean, they weren't gonna do well, man. if EA had put out their current games on the system and they hadn't done well, sure, they would have had a point, but as it stands, they practically sabotaged their own efforts.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 aigis

@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

They were two (or more) year old late ports at full price, I mean, they weren't gonna do well, man. if EA had put out their current games on the system and they hadn't done well, sure, they would have had a point, but as it stands, they practically sabotaged their own efforts.

They didnt help themselves thats for sure, it was a bad decision by EA. It probably wouldnt have done well even if the wii u sold well, but the wii u marketing didnt help. If it was wii popular, i'm sure they would have a sports game port or something to give it another kick at the can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

They didnt help themselves thats for sure, it was a bad decision by EA. It probably wouldnt have done well even if the wii u sold well, but the wii u marketing didnt help. If it was wii popular, i'm sure they would have a sports game port or something to give it another kick at the can.

That I agree with

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#93  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

people interested in the switch don't care about third party AAA games being on the switch--they care about plenty of first-party nintendo games. bioware's latest dating sim not making it to the switch is a non-story

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#94 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's just another Wii U at this point, except more portable.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Switch, like the WiiU, is not for core gamers.

This is the system/console for soccer moms and grandpas. It's official now.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#96 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Of course.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#97  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@bowserjr123 said:

That's disappointing if true, but they did mention they don't want to "close doors like that" so it probably depends on Switch sales.

Also, I can see their decision being based on their Mass Effect 3 Wii U port which was a failure from the get go. I hope EA isn't dumb enough to do the same thing again.

Knowing EA they will release it ME trilogy at full price on Switch..then wonder why no one is buying it. :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23737 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Yeah, well, i can bring my Switch on the roof so i don't even care

lol

But yeah, people thinking Switch would catch the big multiplats were really just caught up in wishful thinking. Even if the system does sell big numbers and gains some ground with 3rd parties, it'll likely be with smaller exclusive titles. Not your GTAs, not your TES games, none of the huge AAA projects.

Which is fine with me. It's not a good thing for Nintendo, but whatevs.

Before we even knew what the Switch was, I already knew I'd be buying it as a Nintendo exclusives box. Something I'll play a couple of times a year when I'm not on the PC.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24001 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@silversix_ said:

Yeah, well, i can bring my Switch on the roof so i don't even care

lol

But yeah, people thinking Switch would catch the big multiplats were really just caught up in wishful thinking. Even if the system does sell big numbers and gains some ground with 3rd parties, it'll likely be with smaller exclusive titles. Not your GTAs, not your TES games, none of the huge AAA projects.

Which is fine with me. It's not a good thing for Nintendo, but whatevs.

Before we even knew what the Switch was, I already knew I'd be buying it as a Nintendo exclusives box. Something I'll play a couple of times a year when I'm not on the PC.

Pretty much.

I dont expect much third party support on it. I just expect to buy it for the Nintendo products. But I will probably wait a few years until I buy it. I always buy a console once it has enough exclusives on it to justify the price.

Which is why I have yet to buy a PS4.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I don't think it would have sold well they already burned the nintendo crowd what was it ME3 $60 and no dlc instead of the $40 trilogy every other platform got. Ea needs to build their fandom on nintendo's system with quality and fairness not cutting corners. Look at Ubi they've done it to an extent. It was just a bad move newbies can't just start the ME story from 3