Isn't it sad that Uncharted is the game of the year?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts

This year really tapered off in gaming. I want some more GTAIV, LBP, MGSIV, Crysis, Fallout, Gears and all the other AAA games up untill this year. Last year Killzone and Infamous wouldn't have gotten 9.0's. Demon Souls? Xbox and PS3 both suck. I can't think of any other CoD that was ever probably the most hyped game of the year. My most hyped game is New Super Mario Bros. just because I can finally play a mario adventure with friends.

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

Yeah, I'm fricken bored. Uncharted couldn't possibly bore me any more. At least I can hack away at demons souls.

GTAIV Liberty City Stories please

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I don't know. From what I have read and heard, Uncharted 2 is an excellent production and what it does it does extremely well. the only bad things I heard about it was that it doesn't really do anything that original.

I really don't know of a better game yet that is currently out this year.

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

I assume you haven't played it, because if you had you would know that it easily ranks up there with the titles you listed.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Mmm out of all of those, I only really enjoyed MGSIV......for the first time through. :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Why don't you play it then?
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Uncharted 2 among thieves is supposidly a better experience though (I'm in college and don't have anything with me :(). I wish I could play it because it is supposidly one of the best games this generation and it is getting alot of hate because it is basically a new ip.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Seeing as you dont owna PS3, I can see why you would say that.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

This game has got lemmings biting their nails. :lol:

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

I wasnt aware it was official yet.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Blog it.

Kenbo325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kenbo325
Member since 2009 • 1177 Posts
Wow. That's a genuine surprise imo.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

If I hear anything more about how awesomely great and perfect and god bows before the epic awesomness of uncharted I'm going to spew.

Drake looks like a fricken tard is the nicest way I can put it.

bad_fur_day
Uncharted is so awesome that we're not worthy of playing it. Oh and Drake is so handsome. ;)
dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dethroned3
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

This year really tapered off in gaming. I want some more GTAIV, LBP, MGSIV, Crysis, Fallout, Gears and all the other AAA games up untill this year. Last year Killzone and Infamous wouldn't have gotten 9.0's. Demon Souls? Xbox and PS3 both suck. I can't think of any other CoD that was ever probably the most hyped game of the year. My most hyped game is New Super Mario Bros. just because I can finally play a mario adventure with friends.

evilbarbarian

maybe you should quit gaming altogether while current gamers can enjoy a flood of great games coming out this year and in the near future.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i fail to see how it's sad * putting fanboy glases on *, nope still don't see it * putting nintendo fanboy glasses on top of fanboy glasses * damn it i still can see it * goes back to play uncharted 2*

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

evilbarbarian

Demons souls is an action RPG exclusive to the PS3 developed by From Software. It was published by Atlus in North America releasing on October 6th. It gained alot of word of mouth popularity from importers which made Atlus bring it to the States. Its metacritic average is above 90 and got AAA here at Gamespot.;)

Oh and why don't you play Uncharted 2 first Fakeboy.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
it's also pretty sad you more excited over the cod2 version 3 mod than the great games like uncharted.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It's just an award no one cares about. There are plenty of games out there to enjoy. Stop paying attention to labels and game on.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

In TC's side of the lawn 360 games getting GOTY is the only way there'll ever be light in the gaming industry.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Considering Q4 isn't over, and historically most GOTY's have been released then, I'd say it isn't over until the year is.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

evilbarbarian
You cant always get what you want.And if whats coming out isnt good enough for you, then thats just too bad.
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

Just finished uncharted 2 today and I can just say it should win GOTY.Its mind blowing and it deservrs every bit of hype it got.The games you listed dont come even close and I know becouse I have played them all.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Uncharted 2 is an amazing game. Beat it yesterday actually and WOW is the story/gameplay great. The multiplayer and coop are incredible as well. I really don't see any glaring issues with the game. I also enjoyed Killzone 2 and inFamous. And have you even played Demon's Souls? It's amazing as well. Very close to my favorite RPG this generation (may actually be it...haven't thought about it till now).

I think you're just sour because you don't own a PS3. :shock:

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#25 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

If I hear anything more about how awesomely great and perfect and god bows before the epic awesomness of uncharted I'm going to spew.

bad_fur_day

I LOL'd.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Even though I don't like the thought of cows winning one, because we've all been bombarded with enough 360 bash threads and U2 threads these last few weeks, I hope it does win. Naughty Dog is an awesome team of awesome people and they deserve it. Anything over Modern Warfare 2. Infinity Ward isn't impressing me with their actions. I'm starting to dislike them as much as their publisher.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Why don't play U2 first? It is a lot better than some of the games you mention IMO.

neomatrix909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 neomatrix909
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

evilbarbarian
I doubt you've played any of those game you listed. And I'm sorry you don't have a PS3 to play the best games that came out this year. Sorry your Wii is lame too.
CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

well, uncharted 2 is pretty damn good. though tbh, i do feel overall we have had a bit of a weak year in terms of exclusives. the best one was probably empire total war, and that game was totally boss but some other big releases like demigod and infamous felt weak. this year was awesome on multiplat front though, prototype, street fighter iv, fight night 4, blazblue, dirt, and batman aa were all awesome. we also got splosion man, shadow complex and trials hd.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

umm if you havent played uncharted 2 then you really cant say much about it. Uncharted 2 deserves GOTY imo. IT came out of now where and the multiplayer which i thought was gonna be horrible pulled a complete 360 on me its amazing.

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

evilbarbarian

Wow. GTAIV was such a HUGE dissapointment, right next to Mass Effect. Seriously, over half the games you listed as wanting more of left a bitter taste in my mouth. I think this year was pretty damn awesome. Get over it.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
The only way IMO Uncharted 2 would lose GOTY is if it was a popularity contest.Other than that I think it is a masterpeice and I tip my hat to Naughty God
metalpower08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metalpower08
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

it should be game of the gen

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
I think Borderlands deserves GOTY but if its UC2 i have np with that cuz its a great game.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vaderhater

metalpower08

What the gen has ended?

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

bad_fur_day
Says the user with a maple story avatar. Play a game before you bash it.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I'm confused. Last year was better, you say? Yes, it was. But I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 is still really, really good.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="metalpower08"]

metalpower08

What the gen has ended?

umm, yeeeaaahh :roll:. They announced three days ago. f***ing ret**d

Let me know how your holidays were K:)

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

[QUOTE="bad_fur_day"]

rsoxguy12

Says the user with a maple story avatar. Play a game before you bash it.

I would if I didn't find the whole concept so unbelievably boring. And to tell you the truth I had no idea what game my avatar was from, it just had cake in it. :D

I think it being so emensly boring is enough reason to bash it. :p

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You dont play anything below AAA?

I'm going to be picking up my 5th game this month in Borderlands, then R&C: A Crack In Time at the end of the month.

What came out this year so far:

SFIV, KZ2, RE5, Infamous, Blazblue, Batman: AA, Demon's Souls, GH5/Beatles Rockband, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, UFC, FNR4, Prototype, MLB09, Dead Space: Extraction, Little King's Story, Muramasa.

Bad year?

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#42 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

I'm pretty entertained, we have Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, Demon's Souls, new R&C next week, I'm having a blast.

gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gamerlifegrace
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

I'm sorry TC, but you have to actually PLAY the game before you can critique it.

gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamerlifegrace

Yeah, I'm fricken bored. Uncharted couldn't possibly bore me any more. At least I can hack away at demons souls.

GTAIV Liberty City Stories please

bad_fur_day

You are bored with Uncharted 2? wow. just wow.

fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

seriously. go play the game. dont lie. i know you haven't played it. It is the most cinematic experience ive had EVER.

it has the best CONSOLE graphics, the best gameplay, and best everything. you can choose whether to kill enemies by stealth one by one or just gun it out. Go play it. Dont hate on it.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

this year ive gotten resident evil 5, street fighter 4, killzone 2, infamous, nba live 10, demon's souls, uncharted 2

getting this week: fifa 10

want to get this year or early next year: ratchet and clank CIT, fallout 3 game of the year edition. and then theres everything coming 2010:o

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Uncharted 2 among thieves is supposidly a better experience though (I'm in college and don't have anything with me :(). I wish I could play it because it is supposidly one of the best games this generation and it is getting alot of hate because it is basically a new ip.

nhh18
its getting alot of hate because A- It scored high B- It's the cows big gun for the year(so lemmings must hate) C- Legit reasons why people didn't like the game(there are always some people that come out with legit reasons to not like a game) New ip doesn't have anything to do with it, especially to a sequal to a new IP.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
They would have got 9.5's because you expect more as time goes on. CoD is hyped because the first MW was a steller change to the series this will be just more of the same with some stuff added, it will be 9.0 tops.
gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gamerlifegrace
[QUOTE="bokiloki"]

this year ive gotten resident evil 5, street fighter 4, killzone 2, infamous, nba live 10, demon's souls, uncharted 2

getting this week: fifa 10

want to get this year or early next year: ratchet and clank CIT, fallout 3 game of the year edition. and then theres everything coming 2010:o

I would also recommend that you get NBA 2K10. The best sports game this year if you ask me.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Sad? What? i don't get it.