Is Uncharted 4 better looking than Star Citizen?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Poll Is Uncharted 4 better looking than Star Citizen? (213 votes)

Yes 34%
No 66%

According to Chris Roberts (who allegedly has a racist wife), Star Citizen is a show case that can only be done on pc.

Having seen the new fancy actor trailer for it, with funny lip movement and compared that with the visually stunning Uncharted 4 (on a 200 dollar console) am I the only one who finds it more impressive? Surely not.

• 
Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Neobone2
Member since 2015 • 105 Posts

@gpuking said:
@neobone2 said:
@gpuking said:
@neobone2 said:
@gpuking said:

Way to take it out of context son, you sorely misunderstood me. I was referring to this zoomed in picture from earlier, forgive me for not being specific.

in game zoomed in

cutscene

See, the in game model has no depth, no SSS, lacking skin shaders, no stands of beard, no hair rendering to save on rendering budget, the difference is a galaxy apart.

This is a placeholder character is it really hard for you to understand?

EVERY character in SC Alpha looks like this guy in the first image.

EVERY player has this character.

I perfectly understand it's placeholder therefore UC4 looks better, how hard is it for you to understand? Also don't think even the final build would match the cutscene quality not without a drastic change in lighting engine, adding more dynamic lights, increasing memory budget to store LODs, increasing shader budget for hair rendering, more shaders and higher quality post processing. I'dwager the final model would not differ much at all from the placeholder in terms of rendering quality.

Its a PC game, made for the next gen GPUs "Polaris" and "Pascal" not a PS4 game.

The new GPUs have already almost ten times more teraflops then the PS4 GPU 1.84 teraflop, AMD Polaris over 10 teraflop.

No, it's made for a gtx 680 back then and it certainly wont require a 10tf gpu to run it not if CIG still wants to sell some copies. You really don't understand how game development and engine optimization work do you.

No, is made for next gen. Chris Roberts has ALWAYS made his games for next gen hardware.

You could in the 90's not run a Wing Commander game in ultra settings without a new high end computer.

btw. a PC has graphics options, you can scale the graphics down for a low range system with a 680GTX.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59382 Posts

Looks like Star Citizen won; unjustly, but still, votes are votes.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#303 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@AM-Gamer: @gpuking: Dude, wtf?

The Mark Hamill and Black guy models are more recent, more "finished" models (maybe not complete either).

Gary Oldman's model is unfinished has stated on stage by CR.

The Morrow Tour are all basic unifinished has stated by CR on stage.

Alpha models are basic because it's alpha.

Also, why compare a handcrafted main characters to a random NPC/player character that needs avatar customization.

So why don't you people use UC4 NPCs that aren't Drake, Sully, Sam, etc, either?

Also, there's no cutscene models.

The game is in first person with transitions between cutscenes and gameplay in real time. Those cutscenes are for the sake of trailers, but all the character and ship assets are in-game.

If it the models where different then you have a horrible transition between the 2, since in it's first person and you'll see their faces from up close.

The picture with Mark "Old Man" pic with the suit is clearly an in-game capture.

And lets add on to this:

Ryse, UC4....these are small maps in heavily restricted areas which the character can move around in.

Star Citizen can go from a face just as detailed, out to an entire solar system, and no loading screens.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

So why would you throw in that he "allegedly" has a racist wife in the subject for no reason?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#305 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@x-ray: Didn't you know, only close up shots of faces in cinematics count in these threads. Outside of that they have no ammunition to fight the battle.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 wis3boi

@ktseymour said:

So why would you throw in that he "allegedly" has a racist wife in the subject for no reason?

Because he's trolling by quoting Derek Smart

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

It was former (multiple) employees who claimed this, as well as bullying and homophobia. Derek Smart mainly complained about the game not being on schedule.

A persons political and social perspective can effect production. e.g. If she made Starwars The Empire would probably be the good guys, James Earl Jones wouldn't voice Darth Vader and Lando (probably) would be executed, horribly.

By comparison, Lucas made Mace Windu a core character with a special light-saber. His wife was also black.

Note: Affect

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

>All these serious replies

Impressive

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It was former (multiple) employees who claimed this, as well as bullying and homophobia. Derek Smart mainly complained about the game not being on schedule.

A persons political and social perspective can effect production. e.g. If she made Starwars The Empire would probably be the good guys, James Earl Jones wouldn't voice Darth Vader and Lando (probably) would be executed, horribly.

By comparison, Lucas made Mace Windu a core character with a special light-saber. His wife was also black.

Hahahahahahahahha, are you serious???? You can't be serious??

You basically threw that comment in as a shot at someone, but don't pretend that it has anything to do with the thread topic.

Also, it's "affect" production. ie. "It affected production".

Effect should be used like this. ie. "It had an effect on production".

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 wis3boi

why is this shit allowed

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#312 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

What does this have to do with the topic? And what does the race of George Lucas's current wife have to do with any of that?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@GarGx1: For the sake of clarity, everything, including environments and scale is included.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By ktseymour

@uninspiredcup said:

@GarGx1: For the sake of clarity, everything, including environments and scale is included.

Uuuuuhaaaa, I did a little digging in the person you quoted, and as it turns out seems she's a liar, and not even a journalist , also a very bad Blogger. Is this you by any chance? :

Lizzy Finnegan

https://twitter.com/lizzyf620/status/650617503450841088

That's the fallout and much has been deleted from the Tweet's , but you get it.

Got lit up on Twitter, now you're trying to get a little recourse ?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 uninspiredcup  Online

I am in blood stepped in so far that should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

ITT - the same old people unable to understand that art direction and technical horsepower are actually completely different things.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@neobone2: "OMG, have you ever heard of switch between cutscenes and ingame scenes in a game?

Your first image is a interactive cutscene, its the same technique which Until Dawn uses in the game.

And the second picture of SC is from a demo which was created in ONE WEEK, just for the demonstration of the gameplay in the Squadron 42 Singleplayer campaign."

Have you played Until Dawn. You can can zoom on the faces during gameplay and there is no loss in quality compared to interactive cutscene.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 wis3boi

@ktseymour said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Uuuuuhaaaa, I did a little digging in the person you quoted, and as it turns out seems she's a liar, and not even a journalist , also a very bad Blogger. Is this you by any chance? :

Lizzy Finnegan

TL;DR Version, failed game developer Derek Smart made up trucklaods of garbage about SC because he has a 20 year long jealous feud with Chris Roberts, tries to publish fake article about the game. Only The Escapist bites, gets them into a legal hot mess because it's all false.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I wonder how many people bashing Star Citizen have actually played it. 10 minutes in the persistent universe shows off fairly well where the 100 million went.

Highest production levels in any game I've ever played and the beta is more fun than most full games.

Oh and I'm playing it on a 5 year old laptop with a 660m that doesn't meet minimum requirements, and the game runs silky smooth, in beta.

There's nothing anyone can say from a logical perspective to discredit the game as it's already better than anything there ever has been in terms of overall experience, atmosphere, animations, immersion etc. Unless you've spent time with Star Citizen you have no idea what it really is like.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Something I've noticed from the latest Squadron 42 build, the game doesn't even have volumetric lighting or fog. KZSF a launch title managed to have all of them with Area lights even, show me a hanger bay that has lighting and fog effects like these.

Oh and let's see if it comes anywhere near the concept art like quality that's in UC4.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@gpuking said:

Something I've noticed from the latest Squadron 42 build, the game doesn't even have volumetric lighting or fog. KZSF a launch title managed to have all of them with Area lights even, show me a hanger bay that has lighting and fog effects like these.

Oh and let's see if it comes anywhere near the concept art like quality that's in UC4.

You were saying?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 gpuking

LOL those pics you posted are suppose to look better? At least reply when you're sober zee.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

^ ^ LOL, dude is on drugs if he really thinks the GTA and Crysis 2 looks better than Uncharted 4. Talk about blind fanboyism.

Those screenshots he posted look incredibly shitty

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 gpuking

@quadknight said:

^ ^ LOL, dude is on drugs if he really thinks those modded GTA and the Crysis 2 looks better than Uncharted 4. Talk about blind fanboyism.

Either on heavy dose or mentally retarded lol, that's why I hardly ever reply him.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

Not only is Star Citizen technologically superior in terms of visual tech but also in terms of scale and ambition. People seem to forget or simply don't know that there are ship's in Star Citizen that have more polygons than a single AAA game.

Watch in 1080p60FPS (movie is 5 months old and has outdated animations (walking, running, head-bob were improved in recent builds)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@flipclic said:
Loading Video...

Not only is Star Citizen technologically superior in terms of beauty but also in terms of scale and ambition. People seem to forget or simply don't know that there are ship's in Star Citizen that have more polygons than a single AAA game map.

Loading Video...

Star Citizen is without a doubt probably the most "technically" impressive game to date.

However, I watched the video, what is "beautiful" about the very steril setting of Star Citizen? Also the character animations are HORRIBLE lol at the shadow running animation, surely you aren't including that into your glowing speel about SC's technical impressiveness because UC4's animation craps on it.

Being technically more demanding or ambitious doesn't make a game beautiful or graphically more impressive it just means it's producing more demanding graphics under the hood. You hermits need to learn the difference between these things because that's why you guys always make silly claimed that have nothing to do with what game "looks" better.

You can't "see" a game being more technically demanding even tho we can all understand what's being done is more technically impressive, it doesn't always LOOK more impressive. Learn to separate your arguments of technically impressiveness vs aesthetically/visually pleasing because one thing doesn't = the other hermits.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@quadknight said:

^ ^ LOL, dude is on drugs if he really thinks the GTA and Crysis 2 looks better than Uncharted 4. Talk about blind fanboyism.

the irony. Yup, open in new tab and tell me it doesn't. :D Funny thing is your precious exclusive doesn't look any better that's why all the cows till now have just posted the closeup character faces from the cutscenes.

INB4 the made up cross gen/current excuse.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#328  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@gpuking: So you ignore my point about charcter models and decide to go to somethng else?

gg.

When's UC4 getting a damage modelling on the level of SC?.

Show more impressive explosion effects.

Show me better metalic textures.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

LOL those pics you posted are suppose to look better? At least reply when you're sober zee.

Well, actually DF agrees with me. Awwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhh................

All of which begs the question: could these new consoles run Crysis 3? Ryse delivers the full suite of CryEngine features with excellent image quality and it's still just a launch title. Given the experience of working on such a product, we have little doubt that Crytek could produce a Crysis Trilogyof sorts for next-generation consoles with few compromises.

Now obviously, I wouldn't take your word for it since you believe KZ:SF revolutionized the realtime rendering by using ray-tracingzzzz or Naughty Duds who said PS3 had no limits only to downgrade just four times in a row.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By flipclic

If you re-check the post I edited it to explain some stuff more in-depth and remove the word beauty because its entirely subjective so it was wrong to use it. Yes animations are outdated on that video, since it was about showcasing graphics I shared. Movement animations are not final and are being improved with several stages of movement from walking really slow to normal walk, jogging, running and sprinting.

Also there's nothing wrong with shadows/lightning , in fact it's one of CryEngine best features.

Loading Video...

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@gpuking said:

Something I've noticed from the latest Squadron 42 build

What the hell are you talking about now? What latest Squadron 42 build?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 uninspiredcup  Online

@arunsunk: Difficult to argue with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

@gpuking: So you ignore my point about charcter models and decide to go to somethng else?

gg.

When's UC4 getting a damage modelling on the level of SC?.

Show more impressive explosion effects.

Show me better metalic textures.

You'll probably just get more screens of character models and animations since that's all they really have against star citizen.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Bigfatmistake
Member since 2016 • 383 Posts

Why are there so few gameplay shots of UC4? I mean behind the shoulder and/or with a heads up display? The 2 or 3 there are it looks worse than RotTR on PC.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 ktseymour

@wis3boi said:
@ktseymour said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Lizzy Finnegan

TL;DR Version, failed game developer Derek Smart made up trucklaods of garbage about SC because he has a 20 year long jealous feud with Chris Roberts, tries to publish fake article about the game. Only The Escapist bites, gets them into a legal hot mess because it's all false.

What a shame people stoop to this level, and the fact that the OP felt the need to throw this in the original post ...

Well, whatever lol The person's a nutter, but the world would be pretty boring without nutter's .

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: Don't do drugs kid. They are messing with your reality. There is absolutely no way in God's green Earth that GTA V and Crysis 2 even on PC look as good as Uncharted. Higher resolution and higher fps can't hide dated geometry and terrible looking foliage.

This reminds me of idiots lastgen that continued to maintain that Half Life 2 looked better than KIllzone 2 despite evidence of the contrary.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#338 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Yes...........UC4 on PS4 looks a lot better.

PS4>>>>>>>>>>PC.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 flipclic

Modded Crysis 1 and Skyrim still hold up with today's games thanks to the their modding community.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 gpuking

@bigfatmistake said:

Why are there so few gameplay shots of UC4? I mean behind the shoulder and/or with a heads up display? The 2 or 3 there are it looks worse than RotTR on PC.

Why? Maybe coz it's not out yet? You just can't screen capture them from YT feeds due to heavy compression idiot. HUD can also be turned on or off so don't think the HUDless pic doesn't represent gameplay. ROTR looked dated compared to UC4 period.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By zeeshanhaider
sis 2@quadknight said:

@zeeshanhaider: Don't do drugs kid. They are messing with your reality. There is absolutely no way in God's green Earth that GTA V and Crysis 2 even on PC look as good as Uncharted. Higher resolution and higher fps can't hide dated geometry and terrible looking foliage.

This reminds me of idiots lastgen that continued to maintain that Half Life 2 looked better than KIllzone 2 despite evidence of the contrary.

So again it all boils down to how much polygons a character model is sporting compared to the actual tech. Let me remind you we are not comparing art-direction. We are comparing technical graphics and apart from UC4 using higher polygonsand better animationsnothing it had that trounces either GTA V or Crysis 2. Can you name a single tech that UC4 had over either of these games? Yeah, didn't think so.

Oh and do tell me with a straight face that UC4 indeed look a generation better than these games on PC. The foliage is indeed better in Crysis 2 and GTV V.

Only people on drugs on this board are cows that think their plastic box powered by tablet CPU and GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010 can produce graphics that could rival the best of PC's or output some crazy alien tech.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

From what I see, Star Citizen appears to be about some male mannequins in space looking for their missing joints. Whereas Uncharted is about women in tight pants.

Take your pick.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@bigfatmistake said:

Well, that's a trend with all the Sony exclusives thus far and you won't see cows ever post the gameplay screens for any of their supposed graphics king. lel.

@gpuking said:

Why? Maybe coz it's not out yet? You just can't screen capture them from YT feeds due to heavy compression idiot. HUD can also be turned on or off so don't think the HUDless pic doesn't represent gameplay. ROTR looked dated compared to UC4 period.

All of which begs the question: could these new consoles run Crysis 3? Ryse delivers the full suite of CryEngine features with excellent image quality and it's still just a launch title. Given the experience of working on such a product, we have little doubt that Crytek could produce a Crysis Trilogyof sorts for next-generation consoles with few compromises.

Are you saying that DF is lying and we should trust your word over theirs?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Yea I mean cmon. Enough with the stupid cutscene screenshots.

I know SC looks how it does cause I can play it myself.

Can't say the same for countless UC4 shots, where ND has a consistent track record of downgrading from "preview shots" to finished product.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 gpuking

At this point SC doesn't even have the best graphics tech since it's missing a lot of graphic features such as volumetric lighting, volumetric fog, skin deformation, SSS, advanced hair rendering and shading, inconsistent cutscene to gameplay quality, less environmental destruction. The only thing it does better is being open world and a couple of high poly ships. Yes it takes a great deal of resource on open world gameplay and interaction I get that, but visual is visual, it simply doesn't have enough graphics tech nor does it look better on screen than UC4. Whether in character models, environment detail or epic set pieces UC4 easily outmatches it.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By zeeshanhaider

And still not a single gameplay shot from cows, pathetic. Such a shame even in its third year Sony's console is still failed to reach a bar set by Crysis 2 from 2011 and its biggest title is a 900p failure.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

I don't think UC4 looks better than RotTR maxed on PC from what I've seen of it so far, particularly the actual gameplay.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: still trying to troll?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@stereointegrity said:

@zeeshanhaider: still trying to troll?

Where did I troll? Or DF was trolling as well?

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@gpuking said:

At this point SC doesn't even have the best graphics tech since it's missing a lot of graphic features such as volumetric lighting, volumetric fog, skin deformation, SSS, advanced hair rendering and shading, inconsistent cutscene to gameplay quality, less environmental destruction. The only thing it does better is being open world and a couple of high poly ships. Yes it takes a great deal of resource on open world gameplay and interaction I get that, but visual is visual, it simply doesn't have enough graphics tech nor does it look better on screen than UC4. Whether in character models, environment detail or epic set pieces UC4 easily outmatches it.

My god this is just rich.

A. Watch Pupil to Planet and Oldman Teaser - seriously you guys don't seem to watch anything and just talk about screenshots.

B. They will use TressFX/Purehair, this is old news keep up.

C. You keep going between SP cutscenes and generic multiplayer models. I posted a UC4 shot earlier and the quality was so poor compared to SP cutscenes/cinematics it wasn't even funny.

D. SC is a space-sim where the ships are the primary environment and they have already shown advanced vehicular damage and dynamic explosions.

This is an explosion you posted:

This is a SC explosion video somebody else posted:

Loading Video...

StarCitizen is much more impressive here without any doubt.

Deny it all you want it doesn't change the fact that SC is much more impressive in a lot of areas than UC4.