Is The PS3's Controller Any Good For FPS Games? Lets Look At Some Proof!

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Some people seem to think that the DS3 controller is more than competent enough for FPS games, well iam here to try and prove otherwise. Now i don't want anyone saying "well when i use the DS3 and i pwn in FPS's" because iam not referring to the player, just the controller.

Now in THIS video from E3 i was totally shocked to see how jerkily and unnaturally the gun moved about the screen. Well actually i wasn't too shocked seeing as i once tried to play Red Faction on my PS2 and that didn't go too well. Please note that at the beginning of the video he seems to be trying to shoot the face of the huge monster be he keeps missing due to the shoddy precision of the not-so-well placed analogue sticks. Also when he is climbing the stairs at 1:10 onwards he has to actually stop to rotate his camera so that he could actually go up the next set of stairs, absolutely shocking!

Now keep in mind that the person playing this demo was probably either a Alpha/Beta tester or one of the developers for the game, either way they would have had a LOT of practice using this controller and thus his skill level should not be questioned.

Anyway thats enough of my little rant, stay tuned for my next topic of how remarkably ugly the scenery textures were in RFoM 2.

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Daytona_178

It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.darkenedsquire

Yeah i agree it does work, it just seems to be lightyears behind the 360 and PC!

Although please note i think the DS3 is superior for driving games and fighting games!

verve89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 verve89
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
If your resorting to videos to argue whether the playstation controller is good or bad for fps then your not going to get anywhere. Play the game first hand, come back here and say the same thing and I will listen to you, but its completely illogical to call the playstation controller bad because of a gameplay vid.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Daytona_178

If your resorting to videos to argue whether the playstation controller is good or bad for fps then your not going to get anywhere. Play the game first hand, come back here and say the same thing and I will listen to you, but its completely illogical to call the playstation controller bad because of a gameplay vid.verve89

1st i didnt say it just bad, i said its bad for FPS's!

2nd i played a FPS on the PS2 controller and unless iam wrong its EXACTLY the same.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
the analogue sticks are useless, Cows only like them because they have nothing to compare them with and they dont know anything about shooters
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
I like the DS3 for shooters though :P. I guess its probably because I'm so used to it.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
Strange, it works perfectly fine with FPSs for me.

If you want the best FPS controller you shouldn't touch a 360 gamepad either, only M/K.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JLF1
the analogue sticks are useless, Cows only like them because they have nothing to compare them with and they dont know anything about shootersMarloStanfield

I have played fps games sense Doom on the PC and I can play FPS games on PS3 just fine, at least it's not like 360s D-pad.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.Daytona_178

Yeah i agree it does work, it just seems to be lightyears behind the 360 and PC!

Although please note i think the DS3 is superior for driving games and fighting games!

And the 360 is light years behind Wii in FPS control :P Agreed with fighting games. the D-pad on 360 is horrible.
htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
if the TC jsut said i think its bad because i've used it then its not very logical at least his trying to use some evidence. I don't really see the point in argueing this though seeing as everyone already knows this. that said its not like playing FPS games on the D3 is broken far from it jsut less accurate.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I am Proof that controllers for both PS3 & 360 are great for FPS, since i got FPS games on both systems and find no probs at all with neither of their controllers... thats proof enough for me :)

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I dont get how the DS3 is better for fighters and racing games than the 360 controller. Unless you're talking about the D-pad, they are equal in my opinion.

I'll give it to you that the 360 controller is more precise for FPSs, but the DS3 isnt that bad.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Daytona_178
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.manicfoot

And the 360 is light years behind Wii in FPS control :P Agreed with fighting games. the D-pad on 360 is horrible.

Yuck, i would always use a 360 controller over the Wii's controller. Although i agree the 360's D-Pad is extremely lack lustre!

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Daytona_178

I dont get how the DS3 is better for fighters and racing games than the 360 controller. Unless you're talking about the D-pad, they are equal in my opinion.

I'll give it to you that the 360 controller is more precise for FPSs, but the DS3 isnt that bad.

carljohnson3456

Dont get me wrong i dont hate the DS3,,,only when its used for a FPS!

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

I have played fps games sense Doom on the PC and I can play FPS games on PS3 just fine, at least it's not like 360s D-pad.JLF1

I can play them just fine as well. That doesn't stop them from being incredibly poor and floaty and by far the worst analogues on any of the current gen consoles

360's D-Pad also sucks

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

I like the DS3 for shooters though :P. I guess its probably because I'm so used to it.theycallmeryan

DS3 is better at fps.

360 you are trained to use the trigger to shoot because the bumpers are trash, thus it takes more time to do anything else but shoot because your middle fingers are useless.

DS3 R1 and L1 are good for shooting which leaves your middle fingers ready at any time to duck or whatever.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

it comes down to personal preferences in the end

I don't really care. the DS3 works fine with FPS's

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.manicfoot

you are joking right, firstly there is only one good fps on the wii (red steel) the wiimote was useless for farcry and cod, it's far to floaty for precision aiming, dude i have been playing fps since they were invented in the late 80's and the first decent pad for fps was the dreamcast pad and microsoft and nintendo made the right move copying the design (the gamecube pad is very good for fps) the ds3 isn't just bad for fps it's utter rubbish for starters there are no triggers, the analog sticks are rounded and too close together and the buttons (r3 and l3) are too easy to accidentally push. listen whether i get a ps3 or not is entirely down to wether they A: offer mouse and keyboard support for killzone 2 and all other fps or B:third party's design a new pad with a similar design to the 360 pad if these things don't happen i won't be getting a ps3 cos my whole problem with the machine is the pad cos i love my shooters, yes it may be great for fighting games or racing games but i can't stand either of them
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killzowned24
[QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.delta3074

you are joking right, firstly there is only one good fps on the wii (red steel) the wiimote was useless for farcry and cod, it's far to floaty for precision aiming, dude i have been playing fps since they were invented in the late 80's and the first decent pad for fps was the dreamcast pad and microsoft and nintendo made the right move copying the design (the gamecube pad is very good for fps) the ds3 isn't just bad for fps it's utter rubbish for starters there are no triggers, the analog sticks are rounded and too close together and the buttons (r3 and l3) are too easy to accidentally push. listen whether i get a ps3 or not is entirely down to wether they A: offer mouse and keyboard support for killzone 2 and all other fps or B:third party's design a new pad with a similar design to the 360 pad if these things don't happen i won't be getting a ps3 cos my whole problem with the machine is the pad cos i love my shooters, yes it may be great for fighting games or racing games but i can't stand either of them

lol, as I said why would you even want triggers? it means you do nothing with your middle fingers but hold on to the controller.

icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 icygangsta
Member since 2006 • 2897 Posts

I totally disagree,I play FPSs fine with both systems, I get used to the 360 controller straight away but after a long period away from PS (Week or something) It takes aroudn 15mins to get used to the DS3 again.

One thing I will say is, the L2 and R2 buttons, being very comfortable would be more fun for Hardcore games if they were more resistant, and the springs wear away making it less and less resistant overtime but their is an easy fix.

~IcyG

Avatar image for EverydayShooter
EverydayShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EverydayShooter
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

I like the DS3 for shooters though :P. I guess its probably because I'm so used to it.theycallmeryan

It got better when I played COD4 with having L1 for zoom rather than R3 but I would still put M/K and X360 controller first for FPS and RTS however everything else I prefer the DS3.

nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 nickmat_tycoon
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
since when did you have to use the index finger to shoot?
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JLF1

you are joking right, firstly there is only one good fps on the wii (red steel) the wiimote was useless for farcry and cod, it's far to floaty for precision aiming, dude i have been playing fps since they were invented in the late 80's and the first decent pad for fps was the dreamcast pad and microsoft and nintendo made the right move copying the design (the gamecube pad is very good for fps) the ds3 isn't just bad for fps it's utter rubbish for starters there are no triggers, the analog sticks are rounded and too close together and the buttons (r3 and l3) are too easy to accidentally push. listen whether i get a ps3 or not is entirely down to wether they A: offer mouse and keyboard support for killzone 2 and all other fps or B:third party's design a new pad with a similar design to the 360 pad if these things don't happen i won't be getting a ps3 cos my whole problem with the machine is the pad cos i love my shooters, yes it may be great for fighting games or racing games but i can't stand either of themdelta3074

There is also Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii.

It's easy really 360 gamepad is better then DS3 for FPS games but Wii-mote is better then the 360 gamepad for FPSs.

And No the DS3 does not suck at all.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killzowned24

since when did you have to use the index finger to shoot?nickmat_tycoon

you cant be serious.LMAO

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]It takes some getting used to and it's not as precise as a 360 controller that's for sure more ps3 games should have mouse keyboard support. However it isn't terrible it does work the sticks just need more resistance I feel.killzowned24

lol, as I said why would you even want triggers? it means you do nothing with your middle fingers but hold on to the controller.

cos your talking rubbish! even with buttons you are still using your middle fingers to hold the controller, there is no difference in the way you hold your controller if you hold it any other way you still can't push the face buttons with your other fingers
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killzowned24
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]

delta3074

cos your talking rubbish! even with buttons you are still using your middle fingers to hold the controller, there is no difference in the way you hold your controller if you hold it any other way you still can't push the face buttons with your other fingers

LOL, who use fingers for face buttons on a fps????????????????????

nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nickmat_tycoon

[QUOTE="delta3074"]
you are joking right, firstly there is only one good fps on the wii (red steel) the wiimote was useless for farcry and cod, it's far to floaty for precision aiming, dude i have been playing fps since they were invented in the late 80's and the first decent pad for fps was the dreamcast pad and microsoft and nintendo made the right move copying the design (the gamecube pad is very good for fps) the ds3 isn't just bad for fps it's utter rubbish for starters there are no triggers, the analog sticks are rounded and too close together and the buttons (r3 and l3) are too easy to accidentally push. listen whether i get a ps3 or not is entirely down to wether they A: offer mouse and keyboard support for killzone 2 and all other fps or B:third party's design a new pad with a similar design to the 360 pad if these things don't happen i won't be getting a ps3 cos my whole problem with the machine is the pad cos i love my shooters, yes it may be great for fighting games or racing games but i can't stand either of themJLF1

It's easy really 360 gamepad is better then DS3 for FPS games but Wii-mote is better then the 360 gamepad for FPSs.

[QUOTE="delta3074"]
you are joking right, firstly there is only one good fps on the wii (red steel) the wiimote was useless for farcry and cod, it's far to floaty for precision aiming, dude i have been playing fps since they were invented in the late 80's and the first decent pad for fps was the dreamcast pad and microsoft and nintendo made the right move copying the design (the gamecube pad is very good for fps) the ds3 isn't just bad for fps it's utter rubbish for starters there are no triggers, the analog sticks are rounded and too close together and the buttons (r3 and l3) are too easy to accidentally push. listen whether i get a ps3 or not is entirely down to wether they A: offer mouse and keyboard support for killzone 2 and all other fps or B:third party's design a new pad with a similar design to the 360 pad if these things don't happen i won't be getting a ps3 cos my whole problem with the machine is the pad cos i love my shooters, yes it may be great for fighting games or racing games but i can't stand either of themJLF1

ok that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. if you think a system with 4 fps that all got a score less ehn 8 except for maybe metroid is better then xbox you are out of your mind

nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nickmat_tycoon

[QUOTE="nickmat_tycoon"]since when did you have to use the index finger to shoot?killzowned24

you cant be serious.LMAO

lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]

killzowned24

so why would you need your middle fingers free? thanks for proving my point for me
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
It feels loose and doesnt snug round your hands like the 360 does.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killzowned24
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]

delta3074

so why would you need your middle fingers free? thanks for proving my point for me

Why wouldnt I want to bring my FREE finger up to do somthing,360 you have to leave the trigger to do the same=not better.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

[QUOTE="theycallmeryan"]I like the DS3 for shooters though :P. I guess its probably because I'm so used to it.killzowned24

DS3 is better at fps.

360 you are trained to use the trigger to shoot because the bumpers are trash, thus it takes more time to do anything else but shoot because your middle fingers are useless.

DS3 R1 and L1 are good for shooting which leaves your middle fingers ready at any time to duck or whatever.

Firstly you DONT use R1 and L1 for shooting, and secondly, the triggers on the PS3 are trash, in comparison to the 360s, you feel like you barely have your finger on them, almost about to slip.

Also the thumbsticks on the 360 have MUCH higher resolution, and arent as loose either

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"]

nickmat_tycoon

ok that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. if you think a system with 4 fps that all got a score less ehn 8 except for maybe metroid is better then xbox you are out of your mind

It's not about the quality of the games but the quality of the controls that count ;)
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]

killzowned24

Why wouldnt I want to bring my FREE finger up to do somthing,360 you have to leave the trigger to do the same=not better.

depends on how good a gamer you are, i have no problem leaving the trigger to push the right bumper, and it doesn't slow me down or anyone i know and even if the back buttons on the ps3 are better (which i doubt) it still doesn't make up for the crappy positioning of the analogs and the fact that the analog buttons are too easy to push accidentally, you are also aware that real guns have triggers not buttons and the first and best pad for fps (dreamcast pad) had triggers also
lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts

TC if you have so much trouble playing FPS games on PS3 why dont you switch to Split Fish Frag FX ?

As for me,i have always loved FPS games.So far played RFOM,Condemned blood shot,Darkness and COD4 never had any problem with Dual Shock 3.Infact i am starting to get used to the analog sticks more than a mouse.Waiting for FC2 and i am gonna buy it on my PS3 rather than my gaming rig.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killzowned24
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]

delta3074

depends on how good a gamer you are, i have no problem leaving the trigger to push the right bumper, and it doesn't slow me down or anyone i know and even if the back buttons on the ps3 are better (which i doubt) it still doesn't make up for the crappy positioning of the analogs and the fact that the analog buttons are too easy to push accidentally, you are also aware that real guns have triggers not buttons and the first and best pad for fps (dreamcast pad) had triggers also

sorry but PS3 controller design is likely the most copied controller ever. how many hermits have a dreamcast copy for a controller?

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Daytona_178

TC if you have so much trouble playing FPS games on PS3 why dont you switch to Split Fish Frag FX ?

As for me,i have always loved FPS games.So far played RFOM,Condemned blood shot,Darkness and COD4 never had any problem with Dual Shock 3.Infact i am starting to get used to the analog sticks more than a mouse.Waiting for FC2 and i am gonna buy it on my PS3 rather than my gaming rig.

lesner87

Why do that when i could just play it on my PC ;)

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
all I want to know is, how the hell do you "prove" an opinion? If so, how would you "prove" your favorite color to someone? or "prove" your favorite food? Meh.

Thread failed before I even opened it, and was downhill from there. I HAVE PROOF. :P
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="manicfoot"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]

killzowned24

sorry but PS3 controller design is likely the most copied controller ever. how many hermits have a dreamcast copy for a controller?

LOL, quite a few hermits actually use a 360 wireless controller for there rigs cos vista and xp both fully support xbox360 controllers.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
its good enough unless u suck at the game.
Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts
the ps3 controller is just fine for fps
MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#45 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
Dual Shock 3 is fine for FPS's. You are basing on 1 game you've played on the PS2? That's dumb. That game might have bad controls. Have you tried COD4 or Uncharted on the PS3?
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
[QUOTE="nickmat_tycoon"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

It's not about the quality of the games but the quality of the controls that count ;)

Exactly. It doesn't matter how many FPS'ses there are on the system. We're purely talking about the CONTROLS here. Frankly, its a huge adjustment for me going back to dual analog after playing MP3. It doesn't feel anywhere near as precise.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Actually I beg to differ here gents lol. After having some time with the 360 controller. This was my conclusion, its just a matter of what your used to. Imagine that lol.

If there was anything noticable about the 360 controller was that it turned on a axis where as the DS controller turns more like a mouse, it turns freely to any direction. The 360 controller I felt that up and down and side to side was just that, almost like up and down arrows on the d-pad. But then to move to a diagonal position there was force that worked against me. Yes to hold the 360 on a dime anywhere for up and down or side to side it was perfect. But the feel definitly felt more mechanic than natural feeling with the game like the ps3.

Anyway to each his own, the ps3 DS controller does just fine.

P.S. Also I feel like other buttons are more accessible with the DS controller than the 360 one. In which case it was easy to do things on the fly in the heat of battle.

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
I have no problem using the PS3 controller for FPSs.
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
You can get accustomed to it, over time. But the stick placement is hella awkward for FPS, way too close together. I played through Resistance, with a little less accuracy, but it was playable all the same.
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts

Exactly. It doesn't matter how many FPS'ses there are on the system. We're purely talking about the CONTROLS here. Frankly, its a huge adjustment for me going back to dual analog after playing MP3. It doesn't feel anywhere near as precise.

manicfoot

MP3 is only precise when you're holding perfectly still and shooting at a target who stays within your general field of view. The monent you get into an intense situation and need to shoot, move, and jump all at the same time, it all falls apart. MP3 was supposed to change the way we play FPS games forever, it failed. (everyone forgot the game existed when COD4 arrived)