Is System Wars better than or worse than most other gaming communities on the internet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 4 months, 20 hours ago

Poll: Is System Wars better than or worse than most other gaming communities on the internet? (46 votes)

System Wars is better than average 24%
System Wars is worse than average 52%
See results 24%

What do you think? If you don't visit any other communities then select See Results.

If you think it's worse than average, why do you come here? What do you think can be done to improve it?

If you think it's better than average, what makes it better and what could other communities do to improve?

#1 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4669 posts) -

it's pretty bad throughout the internet.

#2 Posted by Wiimotefan (4075 posts) -

About average I guess. I've definitely seen worse.

#3 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7424 posts) -

Very good place. Lots of high class friendly users starting intelligent discussions.

#4 Posted by millerlight89 (18465 posts) -

It's pretty crappy. Better sites out there for sure. The users make the forum, so that explains a lot.

#5 Posted by remiks00 (1802 posts) -

Very good place. Lots of high class friendly users starting intelligent discussions.

#6 Posted by PsychoLemons (2074 posts) -

GameFAQ is much worse even before Gamepot separated from them. But this doesn't mean that System Wars is any good at all.

#7 Edited by tonitorsi (8327 posts) -

With the new recent changes, its gotten really bad. Old members that sparked any decent discussions on the forums. left and never looked back.

Mostly everyone has either moved to Gaf, became lurkers or simply grew out of it and moved on.

The golden days are long gone y'all.

#8 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2970 posts) -

I think I only come here out of habit. I have been lurking this board since 2004. I have since joined Giantbomb and Neogaf and much prefer those communities. All boards have trolls and sick in the head fanboys. But this place takes the cake. IGN boards are pretty bad too. But what do you expect from a site who's staff reports false information?

#9 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9210 posts) -

@PsychoLemons:

Yeah this forum is nothing like GameFAQ... Back when Red Faction was released I wrote a mini review in the game's forum and got modded for and banded for 7 days.

Safe to say, I never used Gamespot's links to game forums ever again.

This place is really tame. It's gotten really quite over the years.

#10 Posted by fueled-system (6274 posts) -

Pre rules update? Yes, it was unique and people had to actually had to work around and think to troll

Post rules update? Nope, though still better than ign and gamefaqs

#11 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

Impossibly worse than average. I'm just glad this place exists so most of the bad posts about games end up in one place.

#12 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Worse than average, only here will someone say PS4 games look better than PC games.

#13 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4669 posts) -
@sam890 said:

Worse than average, only here will someone say PS4 games look better than PC games.

shit

are we that bad?

#14 Edited by mems_1224 (46963 posts) -

There are good posters here but they're buried under the pile of fanboy shit.

#15 Posted by madsnakehhh (14268 posts) -

I don't think is as bad as other places...i mean Youtube? Gamefaqs? IGN? now those are bad places...here, well...SW just got lazy, really, really lazy.

#16 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13824 posts) -

better than gametrailers and IGN.

Worse than everywhere else. The users that take this place seriously however are very fun to piss off.

#17 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

With the new recent changes, its gotten really bad. Old members that sparked any decent discussions on the forums. left and never looked back.

Mostly everyone has either moved to Gaf, became lurkers or simply grew out of it and moved on.

The golden days are long gone y'all.

don't make me cry. Just don't!

#18 Edited by Old_Gooseberry (3573 posts) -

Since the beginning of time, this place has been very classy. I like it when they call people cows, or neck bearded hermits. Is it sheep that they call the xbox lackeys?

Its always fun to see people try to prove how a console is more powerful then a pc, i can't help but laugh at the crazy peoples logic when they get into debates about this.

#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13824 posts) -

@Old_Gooseberry said:

Since the beginning of time, this place has been very classy. I like it when they call people cows, or neck bearded hermits. Is it sheep that they call the xbox lackeys?

Its always fun to see people try to prove how a console is more powerful then a pc, i can't help but laugh at the crazy peoples logic when they get into debates about this.

I enjoy when people call me a cow yet I haven't played a Sony console since gta 5 released.

Absolutely amazing deductive skills there.

"Hermits," are pretty good at that, especially retired lemmings.

#20 Posted by commonfate (12271 posts) -

@sam890 said:

That sounds terrible.

#21 Posted by inb4uall (5460 posts) -

I can count on my hands the number of users worth a damn here. It used to be much better. I blame wasdie personally.

#22 Posted by charizard1605 (56903 posts) -

Sorry, but this is not SW worthy