Is Sony scared of Rev?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts

Just something that popped into my mind.

I mean if the DS is an indication of what's going to happen with the Rev, then there's a big chance of Sony's PS3 losing Japan to Nintendo's Rev, even though it has a BD drive( Japan being the biggest HD market).

Sony seems to have the west pretty much nailed down but in Japan gamers have another taste where the Rev's controller may seem more appealing. Now if Sony lose the Japanese market then Japanese devs will spend less recourses on PS3 titles and thereby remove Sony's edge over MS in the west.

I know that this is a worst case scenario, but do you think that this thought has scared Sony so much that it's looking into something that can counter the Rev in Japan?

Avatar image for SavageBananaMan
SavageBananaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SavageBananaMan
Member since 2005 • 1756 Posts
:lol: eyetoy :lol:
lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts
I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war.
Sir_Troid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Sir_Troid
Member since 2005 • 1181 Posts
Sony will just have to realize that the Rev's victory in Japan is set in stone. They still have Europe though.
Avatar image for potatopotatoboy
potatopotatoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 potatopotatoboy
Member since 2005 • 1654 Posts

I mean if the DS is an indication of what's going to happen with the Rev, then there's a big chance of Sony's PS3 losing Japan to Nintendo's Rev, even though it has a BD drive( Japan being the biggest HD market).

Sony seems to have the west pretty much nailed down but in Japan gamers have another taste where the Rev's controller may seem more appealing. Now if Sony lose the Japanese market then Japanese devs will spend less recourses on PS3 titles and thereby remove Sony's edge over MS in the west.

I know that this is a worst case scenario, but do you think that this thought has scared Sony so much that it's looking into something that can counter the Rev in Japan?

TE_Lawrence

Why of course, I can't wait for sony's version of the rev. controller
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
[QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"]

I mean if the DS is an indication of what's going to happen with the Rev, then there's a big chance of Sony's PS3 losing Japan to Nintendo's Rev, even though it has a BD drive( Japan being the biggest HD market).

Sony seems to have the west pretty much nailed down but in Japan gamers have another taste where the Rev's controller may seem more appealing. Now if Sony lose the Japanese market then Japanese devs will spend less recourses on PS3 titles and thereby remove Sony's edge over MS in the west.

I know that this is a worst case scenario, but do you think that this thought has scared Sony so much that it's looking into something that can counter the Rev in Japan?

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.
potatopotatoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 potatopotatoboy
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"]

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.

:DIt's not that revolutionary
onslaught460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 onslaught460
Member since 2003 • 5301 Posts

I mean if the DS is an indication of what's going to happen with the Rev, then there's a big chance of Sony's PS3 losing Japan to Nintendo's Rev, even though it has a BD drive( Japan being the biggest HD market).

Sony seems to have the west pretty much nailed down but in Japan gamers have another taste where the Rev's controller may seem more appealing. Now if Sony lose the Japanese market then Japanese devs will spend less recourses on PS3 titles and thereby remove Sony's edge over MS in the west.

I know that this is a worst case scenario, but do you think that this thought has scared Sony so much that it's looking into something that can counter the Rev in Japan?

TE_Lawrence

If you look at the sales of the DS, then you would be able to come to the conclusion that the ps3 will totally destroy everything else everywhere. The DS sells so well because of it's fanbase from the Advanced/SP. It certainly wasn't because of launch games. If we look at that main FACT then we would come to the conclusion that the ps3 will sell more then the rev because of it's previous fanbase.

lightmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lightmonkey
Member since 2005 • 7010 Posts
[QUOTE="lucky_star"]I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war.

Dumbass, the same thing hardly happens twice. The past doesn't guarantee anything in the future.
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

Sony is top dog why should they be afraid lets just compare Ps2 sales to GC sales  :lol:

deejay246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deejay246
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

potatopotatoboy

Sadly, an inevitability.

but there gonna steel it like they always do, like when the anologs poped up on the ps1 controller.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

onslaught460

If you look at the sales of the DS, then you would be able to come to the conclusion that the ps3 will totally destroy everything else everywhere. The DS sells so well because of it's fanbase from the Advanced/SP. It certainly wasn't because of launch games. If we look at that main FACT then we would come to the conclusion that the ps3 will sell more then the rev because of it's previous fanbase.

Your Forgeting the PS3's price!
AntUK15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AntUK15
Member since 2006 • 2041 Posts
[QUOTE="onslaught460"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Witch NO-BODY knows :wink:
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HeedleGlavin
[QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"]

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.

Apparently it is, considering there was a report that Sony was already in the works of developing a similar controller for the PS3.
potatopotatoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 potatopotatoboy
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"]

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.

Apparently it is, considering there was a report that Sony was already in the works of developing a similar controller for the PS3.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
CaCHING
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

[QUOTE="lucky_star"]I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war. lightmonkey

Dumbass, the same thing hardly happens twice. The past doesn't guarantee anything in the future.

PS1 Out sold N64 Once

PS2 outsold GC Twice

PS3 will out sell REV Three

PS4 will out sell Nintendo sphere Five

HAHAHAHAHA

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="onslaught460"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

AntUK15

Witch NO-BODY knows :wink:

But I'm guessing $500-$700 and if it's cheaper I will were an I got Owned Sig!
greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 greenprince
Member since 2006 • 3332 Posts
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"]

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.

Wow sony that desparate if nintendo goes down so does sony! no fresh ideas!
AntUK15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AntUK15
Member since 2006 • 2041 Posts
Once the effect of the gimmicky Rev pds goes away, Rev willl fail. Its like somthing new so every body wants to Dev for it, but it wont last long. What about all the racing, fighting, sports game ETC that need a proper pad?? To play them you'll need to buy a new pad for the Rev...Milkage :(
chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts
[QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

deejay246

Sadly, an inevitability.

but there gonna steel it like they always do, like when the anologs poped up on the ps1 controller.

yeah dual analogs sony improved the idea

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nintendo_Ownes7
Once the effect of the gimmicky Rev pds goes away, Rev willl fail. Its like somthing new so every body wants to Dev for it, but it wont last long. What about all the racing, fighting, sports game ETC that need a proper pad?? To play them you'll need to buy a new pad for the Rev...Milkage :(AntUK15
Racing games and Sports games you don't need a proper cotroller tilt the controller the way you want to turn to turn that direction and EA is working on how to make sports games on it an I don't care if it doesn't work cause I don't like those games!
potatopotatoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 potatopotatoboy
[QUOTE="greenprince"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"]

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.

As long as sony introduces it as a periferal, then they will be ok
eyetoy+copy of rev controller=innovation
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="greenprince"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

potatopotatoboy

Sadly, an inevitability.

if its a periferal it wont be used to its full potential and suck like most periferals!
potatopotatoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 potatopotatoboy
[QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="greenprince"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="potatopotatoboy"] [QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Sadly, an inevitability.

if its a periferal it wont be used to its full potential and suck like most periferals!

eyetoy is cool
Eryjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eryjo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Sony is top dog why should they be afraid lets just compare Ps2 sales to GC sales  :lol:

Norg

Yep, and compare the GC gameplay with the Rev gameplay.. a little different, don't it? :LOL:

spyrosklaou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 spyrosklaou
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
if sony has to be afraid of someone, that someone is ms and not that pathetic nintendo.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
yes , they are scared , i think the revolution will compete with it , all it takes is another pokemon,brain training,nintendogs,animal crossing,and mario kart for the revolution and those wacky japanese gamers will buy all that crapolla up

it will be close , one way or the other ................ and the ps3 vs 360 battle will be close in north america and europe

just_the_usual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 just_the_usual
Member since 2005 • 1598 Posts
[QUOTE="spyrosklaou"]if sony has to be afraid of someone, that someone is ms and not that pathetic nintendo.

Youare stupid aren't yeah? This was about Sony being afraid of nintendo in th Japanese market.. M$ got no chance there... I hate ignorant retards..
onslaught460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 onslaught460
Member since 2003 • 5301 Posts
[QUOTE="onslaught460"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

The Ps2 was alot more expensive then the dreamcast when it was released. The dreamcast also had a 13 month lead on the ps2. It still didn't stop them from quickly outselling the dreamcast when it was released though.

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HeedleGlavin
[QUOTE="spyrosklaou"]if sony has to be afraid of someone, that someone is ms and not that pathetic nintendo.

You're ignorant.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
yes , they are scared , i think the revolution will compete with it , all it takes is another pokemon,brain training,nintendogs,animal crossing,and mario kart for the revolution and those wacky japanese gamers will buy all that crapolla up

it will be close , one way or the other ................ and the ps3 vs 360 battle will be close in north america and europe

diggyzoom
I agree but I don't consider those games except for Nintendogs(but its not really a game) crap!
just_the_usual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 just_the_usual

TE_Lawrence

Sadly, an inevitability.

Umm.. that report was about a compandy that made an Rev inspired controller for the PS2.. Which basicly was an ordinary ps2 controller featuring the same crappy technology as the duck hunt gun...
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="onslaught460"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]

onslaught460

The Ps2 was alot more expensive then the dreamcast when it was released. The dreamcast also had a 13 month lead on the ps2. It still didn't stop them from quickly outselling the dreamcast when it was released though.

If its under $500-$700 I will were a Sig that said I got Owned!
just_the_usual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 just_the_usual

TE_Lawrence
Thre is no doubt the Rev will sell well in Japan. But.. i belive that most people getting a Rev there will use a Ps3 as primary console and Rev as some sort of cheap secondary.. But.. if the PS3 would be too expensive (it most certainly won't) then sony will loose even in Japan...
Tidus7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Tidus7000
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts

[QUOTE="lucky_star"]I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war. lightmonkey

I agree!

Nothing is decided yet. Revoultion could smash PS3 into a million pieces in the sales. We'll just have to wait until it comes out to see. Nice red x's by the way.:wink:

Silencer786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Silencer786
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
:lol: eyetoy :lol:SavageBananaMan
lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts
[QUOTE="lightmonkey"] [QUOTE="lucky_star"]I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war.

YOU FAIL!
ps1>n64
ps2>cube-flopbox-dc
evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 evilBush465
Member since 2005 • 1027 Posts
Sony will just have to realize that the Rev's victory in Japan is set in stone. They still have Europe though.Sir_Troid
hahaha u joker u
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
right now sony has to be like:o
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="trick_man01"]right now sony has to be like:o

nope sony will be like 8) and :wink:
oddlittleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 oddlittleman
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
[QUOTE="AntUK15"]Once the effect of the gimmicky Rev pds goes away, Rev willl fail. Its like somthing new so every body wants to Dev for it, but it wont last long. What about all the racing, fighting, sports game ETC that need a proper pad?? To play them you'll need to buy a new pad for the Rev...Milkage :(

If I change a few words.................... Once the effect of the gimmicky DS pds goes away, DS willl fail. Its like somthing new so every body wants to Dev for it, but it wont last long. What about all the racing, fighting, sports game ETC that need a proper pad?? To play them you'll need to buy a new pad for the DS...Milkage Is it me or does that sound like the same thing said before the DS wooped sony?
PowerofFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 PowerofFusion
Member since 2004 • 5841 Posts
The deciding factor for any console is games and price...

The Revolution may have the price but games are nowhere in site....

The PS3 may have games but a price is nowhere in site....
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
Sony have to be scared. If Nintendo are still around then their considered a threat.
lum69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lum69
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts

[QUOTE="lightmonkey"] [QUOTE="lucky_star"]I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war. Norg

PS1 Out sold N64 Once

PS2 outsold GC Twice

HAHAHAHAHA

ONCE - TWICE - THREE - FIVE

maybe.. learn how to count first? and didn't you know thrice comes after twice?

:lol:

kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts

It could very well happen, most Japanese thrive on technology/innovation and graphics aren't as important to them as much as it is to the West, and so-on.

The Revs price point and Innovative Technology (at least in the Video Game Industry) may well set Nintendo dominance [of Japan]  in stone.

And comparing Current-Gen sales will get you nowhere

Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

Sony isnt afraid of the REV.. Because REV doesnt have "the multimedia functions" and "is only a game console"

Just like the PSP isnt for games, the games are just a function, and it shouldnt be played outside :lol:

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
I doubt it. Nintendo is not on the same level to tell the truth, as in Nintendo cannot steal their fanbase enough to be a threat.
TheMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheMouth
Member since 2002 • 2755 Posts
I can see Sony losing the Japanese market to Nintendo this coming gen.  NA and Europe will more than make up that difference though.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

I see why the rest of the boards insults the average System Wars forums(dumbasses). Someone comes up with a decent topic and fanboys gather and tear it apart. Sony should be scared/afraid of all competition that have the potential of taking away the spotlight. When a company become too complacent, too set in their ways, a competitor comes out of left field and catches them offguard. Just look at the ground the Xbox gained during its lifecycle. According to critics, the Xbox was suppose to be the next 3DO but look at the position of the Xbox camp these days. Now Nintendo has invented a innovative way to play games and could possibly take Sony in Japan. Of course Sony or MS will sit back and observe the success of Nintendo and its device and may decide to emulate the technology if it takes the world by storm.

The point of the matter is the Sony should never underestimate its competition.

Games On.......

ThePerfect1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ThePerfect1
Member since 2003 • 1327 Posts
[QUOTE="Norg"]

[QUOTE="lightmonkey"] [QUOTE="lucky_star"]I dont thinks so. Why? Just compare the sales of the last console war. lum69

PS1 Out sold N64 Once

PS2 outsold GC Twice

HAHAHAHAHA

ONCE - TWICE - THREE - FIVE

maybe.. learn how to count first? and didn't you know thrice comes after twice?

:| wow that was a desperate comback

and that comeback

phailed.

:|