Is Sony Prepared to fight a 2 Front War with XB1/Win10?

• 115 results
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

I enjoy cow tipping as much as the next guy, but SW bullshit aside, Sony is doing VERY well with the PS4. They have the sales, they have a decent 1st party that continues to grow and improve, and they have great 3rd party relations.

Not really seeing the point of this thread.

@suprsayngaku said:

...at least I got to see this though, great observation broseph.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178857 Posts

@Jag85 said:

So Microsoft's answer to the PS4 is to focus more on PC? I don't see how that's going to help the X1.

Maybe they've given up?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

So MS/Xboner need help from PC platform to compete with Sony Ps4:D

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#107  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Kaz doesn't play consoles, he plays "supercomputers".

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#108 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@lostrib said:

What is with the creepy stereotyping in the captions

my bad i just threw those in, just was my opinion from looking at them

Stereotyping FTW!!!

Anyway... Playstation aint going anywhere. Has never "lost" to MS in terms of world wide sales.

If Nintendo aint going anywhere - neither is Playstation. Sorry fanboy.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog:

I take it you don't understand how the OS on a console works? The console won't run unsigned code and the person who signs the code is MS staff. If you take this out if the equation and think it's just win 10 pc version installed on xb1, well as per win 8 it has antivirus built in, known as windows defender.

All apps and games for XBox come through the Ms store who check and approve the apps. The reason android has so many virus/malware threats is due to it being open source and the ability to run unsigned code.

If you take your XBox/ps4 and browse to watch sky tv online, before it tries to stream, it needs to install silverlight and even then it won't cause it's not signed for xb/ps4 and group policy (active directory as an example) prevents the user from installing anything that hasn't been Ms/Sony signed.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Another bad protoss thread.

What does Windows 10 have to do with anything? SFV is on PC too, as well as SOE games.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We all know what happened the last time someone fought a two front war.

If you're trying to act smart, you're actually proving quite the contrary. Are you forgetting that Germany conquered the whole of Europe by themselves?

And let's compare the Allied vs Axis superpowers on European soil at that time. The Allies had US, Britain, Russia. The Axis only had Germany. So it's 3v1. And Germany was kicking Britain & Russia's ass before US intervention. So if it stayed as just a 2v1 without the US, Germany would probably have came out on top.

Stick to your conventional lemming logic, because clearly, that's more of your 'specialty'. Leave the factual and historical analysis out from your lemming BS

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

there is nothing to stop sony doing the same thing if they wish: from streaming PS4 games on the local network to streaming PS1, 2, PSP, vita and PS3 games from gaikai to the PC or whatever else they fancy. they could proably update the vita and PS3 firmware to enable streaming to a PC on a local network also if they wanted. its technically possible...its just a business decision whether it happens or not.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We all know what happened the last time someone fought a two front war.

If you're trying to act smart, you're actually proving quite the contrary. Are you forgetting that Germany conquered the whole of Europe by themselves?

And let's compare the Allied vs Axis superpowers on European soil at that time. The Allies had US, Britain, Russia. The Axis only had Germany. So it's 3v1. And Germany was kicking Britain & Russia's ass before US intervention. So if it stayed as just a 2v1 without the US, Germany would probably have came out on top.

Stick to your conventional lemming logic, because clearly, that's more of your 'specialty'. Leave the factual and historical analysis out from your lemming BS

I didn't know anyone would analyze my simple point to the number of troops and tanks on the battlefield. Apparently, you did and proven nothing with your babbling.

I will not take your advice. I enjoy history and find it quite interesting. If I want to use if to make a cross reference point, I will.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I knew this thread would be horse shit the moment I scrolled down to see Phel Spancey stacked up against Kaz Hirai. Looks like OP's drugs started to kick in when he was looking for pictures.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

I didn't know anyone would analyze my simple point to the number of troops and tanks on the battlefield. Apparently, you did and proven nothing with your babbling.

I will not take your advice. I enjoy history and find it quite interesting. If I want to use if to make a cross reference point, I will.

But actually he is right:

Everyone who is familiar with 20th century history knows that the U.S. entered both world wars for the same primary reason: Because Germany most likely would have won both wars without U.S. intervention.

The world wars were not lost by Germany, because they were two-front wars, but rather because of the U.S. intervention. Thus, the world wars do not prove that two-front wars are hopeless in general.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@robert_mueller said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

But actually he is right:

Everyone who is familiar with 20th century history knows that the U.S. entered both world wars for the same primary reason: Because Germany most likely would have won both wars without U.S. intervention.

The world wars were not lost by Germany, because they were two-front wars, but rather because of the U.S. intervention. Thus, the world wars do not prove that two-front wars are hopeless in general.

It think people took what I was using to make a point, a little too seriously. I used probably the most famous two front war to make a humorous connection to Sony losing.

But since everyone is so serious around here I will entertain. Germany was winning and when they decided to go after the Soviet Union was their demise. It was supposed to be a quick victory that summer but ended up killing them into the winter. The Soviet Union and being unprepared for the winter cost them the majority of their troops. Germany was already broken when America entered.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

But since everyone is so serious around here I will entertain. Germany was winning and when they decided to go after the Soviet Union was their demise. It was supposed to be a quick victory that summer but ended up killing them into the winter. The Soviet Union and being unprepared for the winter cost them the majority of their troops. Germany was already broken when America entered.

You seem to forget something very important: U.S. intervention started long before the U.S. officially entered the war.

In total, the US deliveries through Lend-Lease amounted to $11 billion in materials: over 400,000 jeeps and trucks; 12,000 armored vehicles (including 7,000 tanks, about 1,386[25] of which were M3 Lees and 4,102 M4 Shermans);[26] 11,400 aircraft (4,719 of which were Bell P-39 Airacobras)[27] and 1.75 million tons of food.[28]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease#US_deliveries_to_the_USSR

Russia was totally dependent on U.S. supply. Without U.S. intervention they would have been starving.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#118  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

WWII had many pivotal turning points for many different reasons. The economic might of the US and it's anti-war policies allowed it the freedom to refrain from direct combat until the moment of impact.

Hitler's betrayal of the Soviet-Nazi non-agression pact, Lend-Lease, Stalingrad, Normandy are all important but don't forget Pearl Harbor and the luck of the aircraft carriers being missed, Battle of Britain, Tobruk, cryptoanalysis of the enigma, and Italy's inability to hold their own.

Allies were a better team against Axis. That was the crux. Teamwork.

---

There are no teams in this case since Xbox is monetizing DX and PC in order to garner royalties from each transaction. It's a walled-garden of sorts. So the two-front WWI-II analogy is poor.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

They've been fighting a two front war...

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#120  Edited By onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5271 Posts

It would be interesting what comes out of this "two-front" war.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Hasn't sony always battled PC, Xbox, and Nintendo?

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

Why should Sony worry about Windows 10?

Sony does not make OS's for PC's ... so not in competition.. I'm pretty sure almost all Sony's corporate machines will be running windows :)

Nothing that Windows 10 has will be remotely relevent to the Console big picture. Even streaming from PC to XBO is remotely impactiful enough to make Sony concerned. Also ctoss platform gaming? that will be specific to MS only games... not third party exlcusives. Why would they bother with the extra work? especially when its not required