Is PC coming up with something new VS WiiU,PS4 and Xbox 720?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Like DirectX 12 enabled G.P.U's for awesome graphics or more exclusive IP's?

PC should introduce new G.P.U's or IP's to compete against WiiU, upcoming PS4 and Xbox 720.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

dx 11.1 capable cards in a few months and a few years dx 12 new graphic cards release every year so consoles will be technically outdated within a few months of release date

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

The "PC" isn't a company that is in direct competition with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

There will be new new GPUs from Nvidia and AMD next year like there is every year and then Intel and AMD will put out their new processors. Everybody else will put out more powerful/capable computer hardware (motherboards, harddrives, RAM, optical drives).

One thing coming to the PC next year (maybe) is the Oculus rift.

PC gaming doesn't follow console generations. Since DX11 came out, Microsoft's 3D API has been capable of doing some crazy things. Finally here in 2012 are we seeing some games trying to take advantage of that.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

If you mean hardware i guess we'll probably see new cards being announced/launched next year by ATI & NVIDIA but not cause they want to compete against the new consoles... I do believe that current high end PCs will be on par if not better than what PS4 & Next Xbox will be at launch...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

The "PC" isn't a company that is in direct competition with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

There will be new new GPUs from Nvidia and AMD next year like there is every year and then Intel and AMD will put out their new processors. Everybody else will put out more powerful/capable computer hardware (motherboards, harddrives, RAM, optical drives).

One thing coming to the PC next year (maybe) is the Oculus rift.

PC gaming doesn't follow console generations. Since DX11 came out, Microsoft's 3D API has been capable of doing some crazy things. Finally here in 2012 are we seeing some games trying to take advantage of that.

Wasdie

i just read oculus rift on wiki, john carmack and gabe newell endorsing it .seen them in movies no idea if they were used for playing games or not before. revolutionary concept for PC gaming i must say.

zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts

Best laugh I have had all day, worst trolling I have ever seen though.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Wii U? Hahahah, at best that thing has the strenght of a 5 year old PC. Hell, PS3 and 360 are superior to that thing.

As for PS4 and Xbox 720 we've no idea how strong they'll be, but there's no way in hell it'll be anywhere near today's top PC, 'cos then consoles would cost like a thousand dollars for just the basic version and nobody's gonna buy that.

So why come up with something new when top PCs are already far stronger than anything PS4 or Xbox 720 can throw at it.

And besides, every year new GPUs and CPUs get released

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

:lol:

Consoles will be outdated in a minute after release.

Seriously, they will never surpass the PC. Ever.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

PC should introduce new G.P.U's or IP's to compete against WiiU, upcoming PS4 and Xbox 720.

indzman

the pc gets a new IP practically every day and its hardware is always improving. what are you worried about?

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Terrible troll attempt.

PC has more new IP's per year than all consoles put together could dream of having in a generation.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Umm you have it backwards. PCs are far ahead of current consoles and next gen consoles have a lot of catching up to do.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

zenszulu
Yeah, it's pretty funny. PC's aren't in competition with PS4, XBox 720 or Wii U in terms of hardware.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

I think the Wii U gamepad has alot of potential that makes some games on it better than in PC.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1080pOnly

I think the Wii U gamepad has alot of potential that makes some games on it better than in PC.

nitekids2004

That sentence made my head hurt.

I think you meant 'it has the potential to be used well in games and give the Wii U something the PC doesn't have'. That is possibly true but more likely it will be used badly (by devs) and turn into just another gimmick that doesn't add much.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

1080pOnly

I think you meant 'it has the potential to be used well in games and give the Wii U something the PC doesn't have'. That is possibly true but more likely it will be used badly (by devs) and turn into just another gimmick that doesn't add much.

I was typing fast lol.

Its really hard to mess it up though.

Even if devs just give you access to your map/inventory in your controller, it enhances the gaming experience exponentially.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
PC gaming is just waiting for 4K,8K,and 16K auto stereoscopic 3D displays to come out at affordable prices and support at least 60hz at the native resolution current graphics hardware can do this currently but the display tech is lacking sorely behind but won't be long before we break the 2560x1600 wall that we have been stuck out for almost a decade for single monitors.
1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 1080pOnly

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

nitekids2004

I was typing fast lol.

Its really hard to mess it up though.

Even if devs just give you access to your map/inventory in your controller, it enhances the gaming experience exponentially.

Not vs a PC where you do that with a M/KB anyhow. Sure you save some screen space but then you have to look down at your hands everytime you want to check your inv.

I do agree though that it has some interesting uses, but not enough to make a sea change in the way we play games. Couple that with really limited hardware that is already outdated and I feel it's going to cause more performance issues that anything else.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

zenszulu

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I actually recently visited the PC headquarters, and they've got a few games coming out, but their design philosophy is really off. I don't think I saw any explosions, or cinematic set pieces which is an industry standard. I think they're trying to target an non-existent market.

Also I don't think are any tablet controllers being made though, but they did have some nice keyboards to play with. This one I saw even had a volume control right on the keyboard. Day 1 whenever that comes out. I think they said 2014 because that's when the tech will be cheap enough for the mass market to purchase.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
PCs are old, they came out when?? PS4 tho hasnt even been released yet!!
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

PC should introduce new G.P.U's or IP's to compete against WiiU

indzman

PC introduce new GPU's in 2006 that compete against WiiU :|

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

PC will get more advancements soon enough. IT is more of a curve then line like consoles. PC is always way ahead and consoles are always playing catch up.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

nitekids2004

The only thing I like better about the WiiU tablet is the wireless streaming of the game. Otherwise, I think multiple game windows, some within the main game screen and some in windows of their own can be done better on the PC. Only FSX does it though.

FSXWindowedUndocked.jpg

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
No. PC gaming still using digital keyboards lol.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I also visited PC headquarters recently, they said they got some things lined up.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

indzman

GDDR6 sometime in 2014 with AMD Radeon HD 9970 or NVIDIA Geforce GTX 880. http://www.legitreviews.com/news/13477/

"GDDR6 memory are currently being worked out by AMD working with memory industry standards body, JEDEC" "GDDR6 is expected to be launched in 2014"

http://vr-zone.com/articles/gddr6-memory-coming-in-2014/16359.html

Enter GDDR6. This is the memory standard that will take us to the 2020 and beyond, i.e. third decade of the 21st century. GDDR6 is being built with a lot of changes and accent on the driving silicon, that we expect this part to last, if not outlast the GDDR3 memory, which launched in 2004 and still makes for vast majority of GDDR memory shipments.

The hard work at AMD is still going strong, with the effort now is starting to be on certifying the standard through AMD-chaired organizations at JEDEC. There is a big number of interested parties, such as NVIDIA, Intel, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, CISCO and others. However, this is the field where AMD is the company in charge, and regardless for whom are you rooting for, without AMD's memory team - our present (and the future) would look significantly different.

PS; AMD Radeon HD 4770 was the world's first GPU with GDDR5.

DDR4 sometime late 2013.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

indzman

You mean Microsoft ?

Because Microsoft defines DirectX

PC gaming is Microsoft Windows 8 gaming now that all other systems have no DirectX11.1 support

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Why does PC need something "new"? It's been doing pretty great so far