Is killzone 3 the next console graphics king?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts

Is killzone 3 the next graphics king?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Does it really matter? This is like watching soccer moms fight over the fastest mini-van.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

Who cares?

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
It's in HD i'll tell you that.
Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

This won't end well...

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

Most likely.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Console Graphics King doesn't exist but even if it is, it won't have that fake title for long since GEOW 3 / Mass Effect 3 / The Elder Scrolls V / Uncharted 3 are coming out not too long after and one of those will take it.
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
A contender.
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

Rage or crysis 2

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

ff-leader
Console graphics king = console owners desperation at winning second place...
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="ff-leader"]

dommeus

10th place maybe
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="ff-leader"]

MFDOOM1983

10th place maybe

Really, really this is tiresome. You people care about graphics so much get a PC, max out Crysis and Arma and Metro, and whatever. PS3 and 360 are identical with power. Accept it.
incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
All I know is the previews I've seen for it have been more visually impressive than any other preview I've seen for a console game. IMHO of course.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I don't know, and I don't really care. Honestly, two of my favorite games this gen, Demon's Souls and Fallout: New Vegas, are far from the most graphically impressive games out there, in my opinion. I think games are the sum of their parts, not just one aspect.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Easly a contender for the best visuals but, in my opinion, RDR will remain with that tittle until a more impressive open world game comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

Easly a contender for the best visuals but, in my opinion, RDR will remain with that tittle until a more impressive open world game comes out.

PAL360
Rage? :)
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Orchid87

Probably! It looks great but for some reason doesnt look very open to me.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

ff-leader
The game looks like KZ2, so I say no.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="ff-leader"]

dommeus

Not really since a PC is not a console. Unlike a PC, console's hardware can't be modified and upgrade by the users. So when they say console graphic kings, it only relates to this generation game consoles. How come there are never any comparisons in graphics for a MAC & PC game? Who would be KING between PC and MAC? If this is system wars, what would we call MAC users? Zebras maybe?

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Yes, it will be the next Console Graphics king, its the best looking game on limited technology and no mulitplatform or exclusive on consoles can beat it in that department.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="ff-leader"]

blackace

The game looks like KZ2, so I say no.

The game looks like KZ2 in the sense that it uses the same engine. Apart from that though, there have been numerous tweaks in the lighting, textures, animations, colour palette, AA method (it uses MLAA instead of that blurry QAA), and it overall just looks crisper.

Quite a decent step up from KZ2.

Avatar image for MIYAMOTOnext007
MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MIYAMOTOnext007
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

does every thread in system wars really need to be about console graphics king??? This is like fighting over which NFL team is the best....out of the teams that didn't even make the playoffs :lol:

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
[QUOTE="ff-leader"]

dommeus

or an attempt to keep sw interesting, rather than having no graphics discussion at all due to the PC's superiority. I think it's good to have arguments between comparable systems
NWA90s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NWA90s
Member since 2010 • 859 Posts
Console Graphics King doesn't exist but even if it is, it won't have that fake title for long since GEOW 3 / Mass Effect 3 / The Elder Scrolls V / Uncharted 3 are coming out not too long after and one of those will take it.FlamesOfGrey
GEOW 3 / Mass Effect 3 / The Elder Scrolls V will have better graphics then killzone 3? made me LOL and elder scrolls v? are you Fing serious?
emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Orchid87

Rage looks terrible, it may be technically good, animations are brilliant, so is art. But from the screens i've seen, not that impressive. They also want it to look the same across ALL platforms.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50610 Posts
KZ3 looks like the best looking game on consoles for this year at least.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

LOL, Mass Effect 3? I just played the mass effect 2 demo on the ps3, and once again empty eyes, unexpressive facial features, people are literally zombies or robots in skin. Mind you I played Mass Effect 1 on the pc and it didn't impress me any at all. So for ME3 to do anything, it needs alot of work, besides trying to water me up by some shiny outfits lol.

P.S. And that look from ME series, is the look I hate about most pc games, they just look so sterile and that is the way games on the 360 felt when I had it for a bit. Some parts just look great, but then they leave out the stuff that brings it to life. Sony and its exclusives know how to bring the game to life and not as robotic in action or looks.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="dommeus"] Console graphics king = console owners desperation at winning second place...

10th place maybe

Really, really this is tiresome. You people care about graphics so much get a PC, max out Crysis and Arma and Metro, and whatever. PS3 and 360 are identical with power. Accept it.

Makes comparison more fun, if i was a supporter if say A football team, which is alot better then B or C, would i go to the towns of B and C and say they should stop rooting for their team because someone else there is alot better?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PAL360

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Console Graphics King doesn't exist but even if it is, it won't have that fake title for long since GEOW 3 / Mass Effect 3 / The Elder Scrolls V / Uncharted 3 are coming out not too long after and one of those will take it.NWA90s
GEOW 3 / Mass Effect 3 / The Elder Scrolls V will have better graphics then killzone 3? made me LOL and elder scrolls v? are you Fing serious?

Skyrim will most likelly be too complex to be in the graphics race and going by Mass Effect 2 on PS3, Mass Effect 3 wont be a huge improvement. What makes you think that Gears3 wont look as good as KZ3?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Console Graphics King doesn't exist but even if it is, it won't have that fake title for long since GEOW 3 / Mass Effect 3 / The Elder Scrolls V / Uncharted 3 are coming out not too long after and one of those will take it.NWA90s

So in other words you disagree?
eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
Its certainly a strong contender; has as good a chance as Gears 3, Rage, and Uncharted 3. And yes i excluded Crysis 2 (console only if that wasnt clear) as it hasnt impressed me nearly as much as the other games i mentioned if at all. Forza 4 may surprise too in visuals i am expecting.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
[QUOTE="emperorzhang66"][QUOTE="Orchid87"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

Rage looks terrible, it may be technically good, animations are brilliant, so is art. But from the screens i've seen, not that impressive. They also want it to look the same across ALL platforms.

Wait, so RAGE looks terrible, but the animations and the art are brilliant, and it is technically good...but at the end of the day...terrible...what?
KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="dommeus"] Console graphics king = console owners desperation at winning second place...

10th place maybe

lol no matter how much you say they are identical with power, the 360 still doesn't have the games to prove it while the PS3 does
Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

LOL, Mass Effect 3? I just played the mass effect 2 demo on the ps3, and once again empty eyes, unexpressive facial features, people are literally zombies or robots in skin. Mind you I played Mass Effect 1 on the pc and it didn't impress me any at all. So for ME3 to do anything, it needs alot of work, besides trying to water me up by some shiny outfits lol.

P.S. And that look from ME series, is the look I hate about most pc games, they just look so sterile and that is the way games on the 360 felt when I had it for a bit. Some parts just look great, but then they leave out the stuff that brings it to life. Sony and its exclusives know how to bring the game to life and not as robotic in action or looks.

GreyFoXX4

I agree with you on this. I've been enjoying Operation Flashpoint on the PS3, and somebody told me that Arma II on the PC was far superior. Checked out some vids and the character animations just look so lacking in vitality. Everything looked very mechanical and the expressions of the character models had no...expression. I don't think I could enjoy playing something like that.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreyFoXX4
[QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"]

I agree with you on this. I've been enjoying Operation Flashpoint on the PS3, and somebody told me that Arma II on the PC was far superior. Checked out some vids and the character animations just look so lacking in vitality. Everything looked very mechanical and the expressions of the character models had no...expression. I don't think I could enjoy playing something like that.

I've played Arma II, while it could be fun overall, well not really fun but something different. The AI in that game is just horrendous lol. I mean trucks just running into fence posts, backing up and running into it again, and again and again lol.
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NEStorianPriest

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"]

GreyFoXX4

I've played Arma II, while it could be fun overall, well not really fun but something different. The AI in that game is just horrendous lol. I mean trucks just running into fence posts, backing up and running into it again, and again and again lol.

Got a good laugh out of that. Thanks.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PAL360

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] 10th place maybeKevinButlerVP

lol no matter how much you say they are identical with power, the 360 still doesn't have the games to prove it while the PS3 does

Maybe it´s just me but i find RDR proof enough.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

yes.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GreyFoXX4

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

Oh one last thing, the reason I quit playing it and don't know if they ever got a patch out for it was that the game couldn't use more than like 3gb's of RAM with Vista. So in the game my textures wouldn't load up. So I would have to manually tell vista not to use 6gb's of my RaM, (which I bought for ArmaII) and only then the textures in the game would load up. Got to love pc gaming huh lol.
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NEStorianPriest

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"] I've played Arma II, while it could be fun overall, well not really fun but something different. The AI in that game is just horrendous lol. I mean trucks just running into fence posts, backing up and running into it again, and again and again lol.GreyFoXX4

Oh one last thing, the reason I quit playing it and don't know if they ever got a patch out for it was that the game couldn't use more than like 3gb's of RAM with Vista. So in the game my textures wouldn't load up. So I would have to manually tell vista not to use 6gb's of my RaM, (which I bought for ArmaII) and only then the textures in the game would load up. Got to love pc gaming huh lol.

Man that sucks. Last weekend I had a friend over and we played Borderlands for hours. At the end of the day his wife came into the room and turned off a light switch on the wall to turn off a lamp. Unfortunately that swtich turned off theTV and the PS3...and I happened to be dying at the time. 20 hours of gameplay was lost as I found that my character had been wiped from the hard drive.

Fortunately this is the worst thing that's happened to me in 30 years of gaming on consoles. Sometimes gimpy console is worth the gimpness.;)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
that or uncharted 3 gears 3 has a chance but after playing and seeing gears 2 with my own eyes i doubt it. Though they have had 3 years so its possible either way those 3 games are the only contenders imo
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
I guess nobody, really cares. But there's a chance. Honestly UC3 and GeoW don't compare to FPSes in the graphical department.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#44 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I don't know you tell me.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
It matters about the same as Console Exclusivity...... However yes it would be a contender along with Gears 3, U2, Crysis 2
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Nah, you could call it that and agree to it with a bunch of SW posters because you may think it looks better, but it's just in your own little world.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Does it really matter? This is like watching soccer moms fight over the fastest mini-van.MFDOOM1983
I LOL'd. So true. Why does the whole second fiddle graphics award even matter to some? If graphics are that important to some why are they even gaming on consoles?
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

Rage or crysis 2

Medic_B
Crysis 2 didn't look all that great judging from the beta anyway. Back ot though. Yes KZ3 looks to be the next console graphics king.
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
It's in HD i'll tell you that.johny300
HAHA...good one.
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
well, K3 is sure to win trailer of the year...as for graphics..most likely, unless Crysis 2 can iron out it's graphical issues.