Is it worth $720+ to play Resistance & Warhawk?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MrEpyx
Member since 2007 • 716 Posts

Cows, you know that Resistance & Warhawk are about the only games worth paying for on the PS3. For those of you that paid full price for the PS3, knowing what you know now, would you have just waited till the PS3 dropped by $100 before getting it? Because otherwise you are saying that those two games are worth forking out $720 to play. And yes, I am aware that there are other games for the PS3, but we all know noone buys games with broken controls (LAIR) or 4 hours of gameplay (Heavenly Sword), or rehashes (R&C).

deavincalhoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deavincalhoun
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

Well for my ps3 im buyin in november im getting ratchet and clank, eye of judgement, folklore, and uncharted.

not either of the two titles u mentioned so its all opioin.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gilv3r
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
he mentioned ratchet and clank...
Avatar image for AchievementNuts
AchievementNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AchievementNuts
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts
it's truely sad how much ps3 fails in the game department
Avatar image for anotherhaloguy1
anotherhaloguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anotherhaloguy1
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

Cows, you know that Resistance & Warhawk are about the only games worth paying for on the PS3. For those of you that paid full price for the PS3, knowing what you know now, would you have just waited till the PS3 dropped by $100 before getting it? Because otherwise you are saying that those two games are worth forking out $720 to play. And yes, I am aware that there are other games for the PS3, but we all know noone buys games with broken controls (LAIR) or 4 hours of gameplay (Heavenly Sword), or rehashes (R&C).

MrEpyx
I had both of those games for about a week. Then I sold them and got R&C.:D
MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrEpyx

Well for my ps3 im buyin in november im getting ratchet and clank, eye of judgement, folklore, and uncharted.

not either of the two titles u mentioned so its all opioin.

deavincalhoun

ok but you missed the part where I was asking the cows who already bought their PS3 at full price.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gilv3r
He missed all of your post he said he didnt mention any games you mentioned and yet he did.
MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrEpyx

He missed all of your post he said he didnt mention any games you mentioned and yet he did.gilv3r

its ok, anyone who openly admits they are going to get eye of judgement well.. lets just say to each their own.

FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FreeMan5407
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

rehashes?

so by your logic halo 3 is a rehash too lol there im done , you are very blind and biased

Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts
IDT even Crazy kaz would say the PS3 was worth $600 the first year. Glad they had a price drop I can pick up a better version + motorstorm for even less
hailltoyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hailltoyou
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts
So those ppl that bought PS3 at launch should do what ???
i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts

ratchet is the best in the series by far,heavenly sword is about 9 hours of gameplay and its fun enough to play it again,you also have ridge racers,mototr storm,folklore,ninja gaiden, eye of judgement, and mlb the show(exlusive)

coming up uncharted and haze....definatly worth the money

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.
SageJMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SageJMP
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts
I stopped reading after he said resistance and warhawk were the only games worth playing.
gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gilv3r
You have Kratos as your avatar....ew.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50699 Posts

MrEpyx

I bought it at full price and would do so again in a heartbeat. Although Lair was a huge disapointment(seriously, how can you mess up a game so badly dealing with freaking dragons!), R:FOM and Warhawk are worth it, along with all the other features. R&C is awesome, I don't give two **** if you think it's a rehash(halo...). HS, also an awesome game with Ninja Gaiden and Motorstorm along with all the extra features on the Ps3 makes it freaking awesome in my book.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gilv3r

Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.ChrisMun

God I want that game.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
If you don't have money to blow....just wait! The Ps3 is really not worth $400-$500 unless you really want a high definition player. Wait for MGS4, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, and so on.
MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrEpyx

rehashes?

so by your logic halo 3 is a rehash too lol there im done , you are very blind and biased

FreeMan5407

Yeah because new graphics, new levels, new story, new weapons, new enemies, new vehicles, the first matrix-style video recording system, new gameplay modes, new 4-way online co-op, and new forge mode = rehash. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"]

Chutebox

I bought it at full price and would do so again in a heartbeat. Although Lair was a huge disapointment(seriously, how can you mess up a game so badly dealing with freaking dragons!), R:FOM and Warhawk are worth it, along with all the other features. R&C is awesome, I don't give two **** if you think it's a rehash(halo...). HS, also an awesome game with Ninja Gaiden and Motorstorm along with all the extra features on the Ps3 makes it freaking awesome in my book.

If that's all it takes to impress you, the 360 would probably make your head explode.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

If that is all you're are ever going to play for the ps3in the next 5-7 years then probably not.

Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sonic_on_crack

Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.ChrisMun

IDK ideally I want a killer game when I buy my system but buying a system in march/april isnt really ideal either.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrEpyx

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.Sonic_on_crack

IDK ideally I want a killer game when I buy my system but buying a system in march/april isnt really ideal either.

Why bother with MGS4 when you can rent a movie and a book. At least the book won't put you to sleep.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

Please TC, come up with better material to try and bash the PS3. It gets boring seeing the same old garbage from every poster. It seems like youfanboys just copy someone else's post and makea few minor changes.

Honestly, before I opened this thread I guessed what you were gonna say and oh my god what a surprise..I was right.

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChrisMun

Idealy, it's the best time. Tax returns ;)

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
It is worth it, btw, I bought my PS2 for $600 back in 2000, it was a slow year also after that everybody know what happened, I have also 360 and I don't have anything to play on both consoles, Im "just waiting" for the big bang games to come, oh I forgot, actually Im playing PES 2008 and Folklore on PS3. :) Warhawk, RE: FOM, Heavenly Sword, NG: S and Folklore are worth paying for if you are aiming only on exclusives.
MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrEpyx

Please TC, come up with better material to try and bash the PS3. It gets boring seeing the same old garbage from every poster. It seems like youfanboys just copy someone else's post and makea few minor changes.

Honestly, before I opened this thread I guessed what you were gonna say and oh my god what a surprise..I was right.

xDonRobx

Wow, you mean you could somehow tell that this thread wasn't going to be pro-PS3 before you opened it? Did you also know that Ratchet & Clank was going to flop before the review came out?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="MrEpyx"]

MrEpyx

If that's all it takes to impress you, the 360 would probably make your head explode.

No, it didn't. I had one and sold it a couple weeks ago. The exclusives don't interest me at all.

Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sonic_on_crack
[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.ChrisMun

actually a good point but spring generally isnt prime for gaming IMO

new_pc_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 new_pc_gamer
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts
[QUOTE="FreeMan5407"]

rehashes?

MrEpyx

Yeah because new graphics, new levels, new story, new weapons, new enemies, new vehicles, the first matrix-style video recording system, new gameplay modes, new 4-way online co-op, and new forge mode = rehash. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

No offense but are u ( are we allowed to say stupid)? He responded to theOP about stating R&C is a rehash game and so he kept the OP's logic with an example...

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChrisMun
[QUOTE="ChrisMun"][QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]

True. But I know for a fact of two games that will keep me busy no doubt. And others I'm sure. MGS4 (of course) and DMC4. Not to mention Warhammer Online. Woot!

actually a good point but spring generally isnt prime for gaming IMO

FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FreeMan5407

thanks new pc gamer at least someone in here with intelligence and w/o fanboyism

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"][QUOTE="FreeMan5407"]

rehashes?

new_pc_gamer

No offense but are u ( are we allowed to say stupid)? He responded to theOP about stating R&C is a rehash game and so he kept the OP's logic with an example...

thats a really bad example when R&C flopped for the very reason it wasa dull rehash. Halo 3 scored AAA because it WASN'T.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

To Epyx.

No, I meant I knew basically word for word what your post was going to say..

Next time, why don't you try something more original then the same dull crap that every fanboy uses against the PS3.

If your not that creative, then don't go near the new topic button.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts
lol I first bought a HDTV than a PS3 but I never got RFM or Warhawk! I dont like shooters. The games I had the most fun with are Heavnly Sword, Ninja Gaiden, Tekken 5 DR and FIght Night!
snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="FreeMan5407"]

rehashes?

MrEpyx

R&C has new graphics, new levels, new story, new weapons, new enemies too so i guess its not a rehash too then huh? ;)

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
it's truely sad how much ps3 fails in the game departmentAchievementNuts
its sad how people know so little about it, specially people who bash it blindly. I have both systems (xbox 360 and ps3) and so far I have given them equal time, and after all the extra purchases of xbox live, chargers, batteries, etc, my 360 costs more than my ps3
FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FreeMan5407

halo 3 got those score because is overrated , alot of marketing and did i mention bribe some reviewers

i can say the same thing for r & c

Yeah because new graphics, new levels, new story, new weapons, new enemies, new gameplay modes, Whatever helps you sleep at night. 8)

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"][QUOTE="FreeMan5407"]

rehashes?

snipe2004

R&C has new graphics, new levels, new story, new weapons, new enemies too so i guess its not a rehash too then huh? ;)

If that's pretty much all that's new, that WOULD make it a bonafide rehash.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Every time I see Heavenly Sword mentioned the hours of gameplay go down..now its 4. :|
snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.MrEpyx

Why bother with MGS4 when you can rent a movie and a book. At least the book won't put you to sleep.

why bother reasoning with you when youll just shoot everyone down with your fanboyism.

did you make this thread just to be an a$$?

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrEpyx

Every time I see Heavenly Sword mentioned the hours of gameplay go down..now its 4. :|Heil68

1 if you cut out all the dialog.. then again, thats the only part of the game worth watching.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"][QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. That is all.snipe2004

why bother reasoning with you when youll just shoot everyone down with your fanboyism.

did you make this thread just to be an a$$?

No I made it so you could be one.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

No...Resistance and Warhawk are not particularly worthy games...Sigma and VF are...but one's a remake and the other an inferior version. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be worth it though...

Nirvana0511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nirvana0511
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
It is worth it if you want a blu-rey player that plays games too. And of course if you like those games or really want them. I don't think it is, but some poeple might. Some people buy big dining tables that can seat 20 people and have 2 or 3 people living in the house. To me it doesn't make sense to do that either, but if you have a lot of parties it might.
B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#46 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
I'm very happy with my purchase. And HS is longer than 4 hours, i beat it in the same amount of time I beat Halo 3 (so about 8 hours)
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Sigma, R6:V, Oblivion, R&C (Yeah, rehashes just like Halo 3 and MP3 :roll:), GRAW 2, FNR3, and Madden aren't good games? And yes, all but one are multiplat but that wasn't the question TC posed.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Every time I see Heavenly Sword mentioned the hours of gameplay go down..now its 4. :|MrEpyx

1 if you cut out all the dialog.. then again, thats the only part of the game worth watching.

Bro, with each post you are looking worse and worse. You obvoiusly haven't played anyting Ps3 related.

mentzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mentzer
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts

Wait a minute, didn't other games like Motorstorm, NG Sigma, R6 Vegas, GRAW 2, Tekken 5 DR Online also come out???

What a stupid thread......really.

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

it's truely sad how much ps3 fails in the game departmentAchievementNuts

Yea 360 got its best games in the first year. Why can't PS3?