Is Hellblade 2 the needed proof that games made for gamepass are a pass, and pure shovelware?

• 199 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

hardwenzen  Online

Poll Is Hellblade 2 the needed proof that games made for gamepass are a pass, and pure shovelware? (61 votes)

Absolutely 43%
No 57%

As you know, i have been saying this since at least 2021, but most lems were (probably still are, lets be honest) in denial. But now, i think that they're beginning to wake up, and see the whole picture.

Why would you put effort into a game, especially the AA/AAA titles that are very expensive to produce, when said game can be rented for $1? That's right, there's no reason whatsoever. In fact, when you think of how ridiculous this is, anyone with a head on their shoulders would understand that it makes no sense.

The disaster began with Halo Infinite, then Redfall, Starfield, etc, etc. Even the newest Forza, one of the very few MS's IP's that survived it all, has rotten on gamepass doorstep. Its clear as day to me that ever since Microsoft's focus became a "please rent our game and forget to unsub" instead of "please buy our game", the quality of their games has significantly fallen below expections.

I guess its time to port everything to the PS5 if you want over 300K sales🤷‍♂️

• 
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9162 Posts

will some please update me on this:

i'm an OG system wars guy who hasn't been on here in like over 10 years. back in the day, we only used GS scores for arguments, but it looks like we have moved on to Metacritic. is this true?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2682 Posts

@ogvampire said:

i'm an OG system wars guy who hasn't been on here in like over 10 years. back in the day, we only used GS scores for arguments, but it looks like we have moved on to Metacritic. is this true?

No.

Only folks that refuse to play by the rules (both Lems and Cows) like to flip flop to MC.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

@ogvampire said:

Nowadays people just pick and choose which one matters more based on their biases.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39709 Posts

@ogvampire said:

Of course its not true, but when your game received a miserable score on GS, you move to other sites to damage control the situation. Not gonna help, tho, they did the same with Starfield, and now even the biggest Xbox channels on youtube call the game as a massive failure.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9162 Posts

@fedor: @ghostofgolden: ah. got it. thanks for the info!!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8411 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@ogvampire said:

No.

Only folks that refuse to play by the rules (both Lems and Cows) like to flip flop to MC.

i know right.. some folks even make bets to "leave System Wars forever" and then continue to stay after they lose..

🤡

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6206 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@tdkmillsy: What are you trying to prove? The game got a 6/10, and GS scores is all we're going by. A 6/10 is considered shovelware status, so deny it all you want, but its not like the score will change just for you.

Nice try but it don't wash.

The bet was Metacritic alone by your choice.

I don't need to deny, just to repeat the facts.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

Cows are the worst.

Making bets about scores and company strategy vowing to leave SW and then sticking around.

They are a pathetic bunch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

@tdkmillsy: What are you trying to prove? The game got a 6/10, and GS scores is all we're going by. A 6/10 is considered shovelware status, so deny it all you want, but its not like the score will change just for you.

I am so tired of your shit, tdkmillsy. You simply do not, at any cost, want to believe me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 hardwenzen  Online
@kuu2 said:

Cows are the worst.

Making bets about scores and company strategy vowing to leave SW and then sticking around.

They are a pathetic bunch.

You can't even hide behind your Deck this time around cuz this on rails game can't run on it.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

I am so tired of your shit, tdkmillsy. You simply do not, at any cost, want to believe me.

nobody is going to believe your lies or anything else you have to say.

You lost the bet and cannot even be a man about it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

I did indeed lost the bet. I expected a 7 here, and it got lower🤷‍♂️

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

81 is way higher than you thought.

you lost

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:

81 is way higher than you thought.

you lost

Higher on meta, and lower on GS. I am straight in the middle.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: If only you had said gamespot and not meta. You are so desperate to change narrative it must be eating you inside.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: If only you had said gamespot and not meta. You are so desperate to change narrative it must be eating you inside.

I said the gs and meta score in the scores prediction thread🤦‍♂️Pretty close on both, unfortunately.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@ogvampire said:

No.

i know right.. some folks even make bets to "leave System Wars forever" and then continue to stay after they lose..

🤡

I‘m sorry, did you think I was talking about you?

😂🤣🤡🥉

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

35%+ of gamepass games score same or higher than Sony's biggest release this year.

nearly 60% of gamepass games score higher than 75% making them a good game by the TC own measurements

less than 14% is lower than 70% making only 14% being shovelware by TC own measurements.

so what xbox game scored higher in 2024 over sony exclusives in 2024?

The only first party game that Sony has had out this year is Helldivers 2, which has an 83. Hellblade 2 is an 83. 🤷‍♂️

Stellar Blade is first party

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#119  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

I think games made by Xbox team themselves is pretty shit I meam imagine buying xbox to play xbox exclusive that is the most braindead decision you could ever make.

But gamepass (and PS+) do have a great selection of games to play. I personally will sub a month of PC gamepass for games that interest me like the upcoming suikoden remaster (but more tempted to purchase physical on PS for that sweet Platinum Trophy tho).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#120 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44686 Posts

Loving it so far, pretty much what I'd expected if you've ever played the first game.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@ogvampire said:

No.

🤡

😂🤣🤡🥉

Nope..

Was just further illustrating how some "folks refuse to play by the rules"..

Good job outing yourself tho.. 😂🤣🤡🥉

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#122 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70414 Posts

@Antwan3K: Headshot.😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Pedro

@lamprey263: The game definitely met expectations but I was hoping for a deviation. Ah well.🤷‍♂️

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6723 Posts

Where was this thread when games like Forza Horizon 5, Hifi Rush, Halo Infinite etc scored 9's on here?

Silence from the OP then, screams to the rooftops when a game scores a 7 or lower, made for Gamepass blah, blah, blah.

It's beyond stupid 🤦‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#125  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@above_average said:
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

35%+ of gamepass games score same or higher than Sony's biggest release this year.

nearly 60% of gamepass games score higher than 75% making them a good game by the TC own measurements

less than 14% is lower than 70% making only 14% being shovelware by TC own measurements.

so what xbox game scored higher in 2024 over sony exclusives in 2024?

The only first party game that Sony has had out this year is Helldivers 2, which has an 83. Hellblade 2 is an 83. 🤷‍♂️

No.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:

No.

🤡

😂🤣🤡🥉

Nope..

Was just further illustrating how some "folks refuse to play by the rules"..

Good job outing yourself tho.. 😂🤣🤡🥉

I lost a bet, deleted my account and came back months later under a different name with mod approval. That’s not breaking any System Wars rules. You’re well documented all over this board flip flopping on the System Wars rules because no matter how hard you tried, no rule change could get Xbox out of the System Wars gutter.

After all those acquisitions, let’s look at how Phil’s plan has paid off…

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

@Antwan3K: Headshot.😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@above_average said:

No.

Ok, 2nd party with assistance from Sony including funds and development (developing the game operating as 1st party in all but ownership by Sony).

Same thing! As long as Shift Up operate in 2nd party Status to Sony games will be made with the same proviliges as 1st party Studios and IP's will be owned by Sony

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

🤡

[...]

[/...]

I lost a bet, deleted my account and came back months later under a different name with mod approval. That’s not breaking any System Wars rules.

[...]

did you make an account bet with me where the loser was to "leave System Wars forever"?.. the bet wasn't "leave and came back months later under a different name with mod approval"..

the bet was to leave System Wars forever..

did you lose that bet?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44549 Posts

@Antwan3K: But he HAD to come back. He has to make Lems pay for ruining System Wars. He is a man on a mission. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Pedro

My headshot triggered the third generation alt.😂

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#132 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44686 Posts

All I gotta say is that if you loved the original then there's really no good reason not to like this one every bit as much. Just remember that just like the original this is a cinematic story driven psychologically immersive walking sim intermixed with serviceable combat and puzzles.

I actually think the combat despite being very much the same is a lot more gratifying and brutal this time around, and they did an excellent job with the motion capture there as well, a substantial improvement over the original and makes every fight and every kill feel unique. Add to that its stunning visuals, complimented by an every bit as accomplished audio design, and the overall seamless construction of everything, it all really captivates you, if you let it.

It's still the same physical and emotional romp through grief, guilt, mustering the energy to push on despite constantly being beat down. It's a gritty game in many ways. Visually, emotionally. Senua's Saga does everything that Ninja Theory did right with Senua's Sacrifice and cranks it to 11.

Some people just don't know how to have fun perhaps. I knew how to set the mood. I waited for it to get dark out. I made myself a bubble bath, turned down the lights, lit some candles, slipped into something more comfortable, loaded greens, cranked the audio up, got my chips and soda and controller by my side, and my body is ready... wowza, I've been having a blast.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Pedro

@lamprey263 said:

All I gotta say is that if you loved the original then there's really no good reason not to like this one every bit as much. Just remember that just like the original this is a cinematic story driven psychologically immersive walking sim intermixed with serviceable combat and puzzles.

I actually think the combat despite being very much the same is a lot more gratifying and brutal this time around, and they did an excellent job with the motion capture there as well, a substantial improvement over the original and makes every fight and every kill feel unique. Add to that its stunning visuals, complimented by an every bit as accomplished audio design, and the overall seamless construction of everything, it all really captivates you, if you let it.

It's still the same physical and emotional romp through grief, guilt, mustering the energy to push on despite constantly being beat down. It's a gritty game in many ways. Visually, emotionally. Senua's Saga does everything that Ninja Theory did right with Senua's Sacrifice and cranks it to 11.

Some people just don't know how to have fun perhaps. I knew how to set the mood. I waited for it to get dark out. I made myself a bubble bath, turned down the lights, lit some candles, slipped into something more comfortable, loaded greens, cranked the audio up, got my chips and soda and controller by my side, and my body is ready... wowza, I've been having a blast.

I would argue that some people like when games are games and not a poor version of a movie and/or game. Simply pushing forward is not engaging. It works out to be like holding the play button on a broken VHS in-order for a movie to continue to play.

Currently shifted to Alan Wake 2 and it is a better implementation.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3508 Posts

@lamprey263: The game is exactly what I wanted from a sequel. It's just Hellblade improved in every single way.

My main concern after their acquisition was that Hellblade 2 was going to be turned into a another formulaic 3rd person adventure but I was wrong.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: you said meta scores only when asked how you would measure. I asked and confirmed multiple times.

You lost

You loser

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1411 Posts

@above_average:

It's not first party..but I did enjoy reading your story.

2nd party 🤣😂

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Clutching at straws 100%

Show us where they state NT is in danger in any way.

If anything an insider has said they got the next game sorted.

Clutching at straws?! A year ago you clowns were claiming all these studios had major financial security by being assimilated by MS, now look what's happening. Xbox devs are all saying they're on pins and needles feeling like they're waiting for the shoe to drop. Having a game lineup doesn't mean damn thing when the current one isn't moving the needle.

@Pedro said:

Tell me, when was Ninja Theory under Bethesda and Zenimax?🤭

You think they're immune just because they're not under Bethesda? Bethesda no longer has autonomy, Matt Bootycheeks is directly in charge now since the shake ups. And Xbox is STILL going to be cleaning up starting in July. The sky is falling over there.

@Antwan3K said:

I think we can all agree an 80+ game is a solid release.. with that said, for the last year and a half, these titles were released into Game Pass, Day One, by Xbox 1st party along with their Metacritic scores:

• HiFi Rush: 87 - Closed studio
  • RedFall: 56 - Closed studio
  • Starfeild: 83 - Safe because of the other IPs
  • Forza Mototsport: 84 - Flop. Turn 10 sweating bullets
  • Hellblade II: 81 - Current flop.Most likely to be on the chopping block next

So outside of RedFall (a massive failure), every other release for the last 18 months has been solid.. again, these fake narratives from cows continue to be fake..

Good scores aren't saving Xbox these days. They're shedding a whole lot of dead weight and porting shit to other consoles because MS wants revenue now, not to be Phil Spencer's personal list war factory

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Clutching at straws 100%

Show us where they state NT is in danger in any way.

If anything an insider has said they got the next game sorted.

Clutching at straws?! A year ago you clowns were claiming all these studios had major financial security by being assimilated by MS, now look what's happening. Xbox devs are all saying they're on pins and needles feeling like they're waiting for the shoe to drop. Having a game lineup doesn't mean damn thing when the current one isn't moving the needle.

@Pedro said:

Tell me, when was Ninja Theory under Bethesda and Zenimax?🤭

You think they're immune just because they're not under Bethesda? Bethesda no longer has autonomy, Matt Bootycheeks is directly in charge now since the shake ups. And Xbox is STILL going to be cleaning up starting in July. The sky is falling over there.

@Antwan3K said:

I think we can all agree an 80+ game is a solid release.. with that said, for the last year and a half, these titles were released into Game Pass, Day One, by Xbox 1st party along with their Metacritic scores:

• HiFi Rush: 87 - Closed studio
  • RedFall: 56 - Closed studio
  • Starfeild: 83 - Safe because of the other IPs
  • Forza Mototsport: 84 - Flop. Turn 10 sweating bullets
  • Hellblade II: 81 - Current flop.Most likely to be on the chopping block next

So outside of RedFall (a massive failure), every other release for the last 18 months has been solid.. again, these fake narratives from cows continue to be fake..

Good scores aren't saving Xbox these days. They're shedding a whole lot of dead weight and porting shit to other consoles because MS wants revenue now, not to be Phil Spencer's personal list war factory

Acquisitions lead to restructures and often job losses, its sad but common practice in most scenarios.

People in the know understand this.

Forum pretend executives don't have a clue.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

Acquisitions lead to restructures and often job losses, its sad but common practice in most scenarios.

People in the know understand this.

Forum pretend executives don't have a clue.

You sound like Dutch from Red Dead Redemption 2 telling everyone to trust in his plan. There IS no plan. They snowed everyone into believing things would be better, the people at ABK were excited... and then some of them got the boot. Now Activision is actually successful. What do you think is going to happen to the peons that MS don't think are pulling their weight?

High... Impact... only

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

How many xbox site gave this game high score? Seems its very short of a game with alot of mix review. Anyway not my cup of tea.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: you said meta scores only when asked how you would measure. I asked and confirmed multiple times.

You lost

You loser

Nope, stop your imaginations. I stated my scores in the prediction thread. Deal with facts.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

@___gamemaster__ said:

How many xbox site gave this game high score? Seems its very short of a game with alot of mix review. Anyway not my cup of tea.

Think that last bit is key, this is absolutely not my type of game so a 6 from where I'm sat is probably right, but someone who likes these walking sims is probably over the moon with this type of title.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy: Also lets not pretend at how desperate Xbox focused sites giving this game a 10/10 which inflated the Meta score by at 10%🤭So in reality, my prediction on meta score is as close to being spot on as humanly possible.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:

You lost

You loser

Nope, stop your imaginations. I stated my scores in the prediction thread. Deal with facts.

The only thing happening here is your desperate wish to go back in time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy: The score is incredibly inflated. Imagine being a site that reviews nothing but Xbox games, and you give it a 10/10🤡Like imagine that🤣🤣🤣A linear af game with mobile grade combat system, and the whole package is 5h long🤡🤡🤡10/10 btw

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1411 Posts

@___gamemaster__:

Yea Xbox site's finally realised it's best to do what Sony sites do and give games full marks

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3508 Posts

@sonny2dap: That's actually something I really dislike in reviews. If "you" like a game genre, or not, should have little impact on a review. You cannot score a game low because you don't like "walking sims", you should review it based on what it aims to achieve and how successful is the execution of that vision.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BenjaminBanklin

@hardwenzen said:

@tdkmillsy: Also lets not pretend at how desperate Xbox focused sites giving this game a 10/10 which inflated the Meta score by at 10%🤭So in reality, my prediction on meta score is as close to being spot on as humanly possible.

Yeah, I can't imagine many pro-Xbox sites dinging 1st party games or console exclusives from this point on. The Xbox community is in desperation mode and will do whatever it takes to keep the ship from sinking. Even if it means over-inflating scores. Xbots talk about the Xbox tax when they give everything the Xbox curve. No way a walking sim game with zero replay value that's worse than the first scores over an 80.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By tdkmillsy

Excuses Excuses Excuses

You picked Metacritic

You picked the scores for a shite game

It scored much higher than that.

You lost

You are a loser.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

Excuses Excuses Excuses

You picked Metacritic

You picked the scores for a shite game

It scored much higher than that.

You lost

You are a loser.

Are you seriously denying the fact that 10/10 from almost all Xbox sites is delusional?