Is Halo 4 the greatest love story in gaming this gen? *spoilers*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]It's Gears of War 2 all over again. Oh boy.

Make it stop, skrat! Make it stop! :cry:

The tears, the tears must flow! Just let me angle this goblet under your head... Delicious.
Avatar image for everythingtrash
everythingtrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 everythingtrash
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
the only game i ever felt attached to characters was unreal 2 the awakening because you are on a ship/crew and they take you to different planets whole game and when they get blown up you're like goddamn son lol.
everythingtrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 everythingtrash
you are interacting with the crew the whole game untill they die reason i felt attached.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
the only game i ever felt attached to characters was unreal 2 the awakening because you are on a ship/crew take you to different planets whole game and when they get blown up you're like goddamn son lol.everythingtrash
lol, I was glad to see the ship go personally. It was the only part of the game that my videocard had trouble with. Hell, not even my voltmodded & liquid cooled 7900gt could handle the ship portions of the game...
everythingtrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 everythingtrash
[QUOTE="everythingtrash"]the only game i ever felt attached to characters was unreal 2 the awakening because you are on a ship/crew take you to different planets whole game and when they get blown up you're like goddamn son lol.superclocked
lol, I was glad to see the ship go personally. It was the only part of the game that my videocard had trouble with. Hell, not even my voltmodded & liquid cooled 7900gt could handle the ship portions of the game...

i felt sorry azzhole betrayed em
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

LOL, no. That last cutscene was sooooo corny. I about puked.

DarkLink77

Did you finish the campaign?

Represent
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL love story in FPS?? wait ppls saying ending make cry?? *watch ending on youtube* It doesnot make me cry. only girlies cry over fictional characters. real man not

So sexist.

its true. Kids cry, girls cry, girly males cry over FICTIONAL CHARACTERS OF MOVIES, BOOKS AND GAMES

So you're confirming that you're sexist.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL love story in FPS?? wait ppls saying ending make cry?? *watch ending on youtube* It doesnot make me cry. only girlies cry over fictional characters. real man notSNIPER4321
So sexist.

its true. Kids cry, girls cry, girly males cry over FICTIONAL CHARACTERS OF MOVIES, BOOKS AND GAMES

SO MANLIFUL !!! :lol:

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

It's Gears of War 2 all over again. Oh boy.skrat_01

wait people thought there was an emotional part in that game?

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#161 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] So sexist.

So you're confirming that you're sexist.

Sure is. I seriously hope his whole attitude on here is just one big act :|.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#162 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

TaTdV.gif

The most plausible reaction

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's gears 2 all over again up in here.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
LOLNO. "They're going to replace me with a new version of me.... but it wont be me." "Yeah, close enough though. See ya." More realistic ending.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]LOLNO. "They're going to replace me with a new version of me.... but it wont be me." "Yeah, close enough though. See ya." More realistic ending.

The best part is that they can't actually replace Cortana (she's unique, no other AI was created in the same way, and AI's choose their own personalities anyway), so 343 botched that one up big time because she actually isn't replaceable according to the EU.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]LOLNO. "They're going to replace me with a new version of me.... but it wont be me." "Yeah, close enough though. See ya." More realistic ending.

The best part is that they can't actually replace Cortana (she's unique, no other AI was created in the same way, and AI's choose their own personalities anyway), so 343 botched that one up big time because she actually isn't replaceable according to the EU.

well, couldn't halsey just make a new cortana? cortana is a clone of her brain. so it would be a new version but with its own personality.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]LOLNO. "They're going to replace me with a new version of me.... but it wont be me." "Yeah, close enough though. See ya." More realistic ending.

well, couldn't halsey just make a new cortana? cortana is a clone of her brain. so it would be a new version but with its own personality.

I mean, I guess she could. But it still wouldn't be Cortana. Hell, it'd probably call itself something else and act differently.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] The best part is that they can't actually replace Cortana (she's unique, no other AI was created in the same way, and AI's choose their own personalities anyway), so 343 botched that one up big time because she actually isn't replaceable according to the EU.

I mean, I guess she could. But it still wouldn't be Cortana. Hell, it'd probably call itself something else and act differently.

Im guessing thats what she means by, "new version of me".
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]LOLNO. "They're going to replace me with a new version of me.... but it wont be me." "Yeah, close enough though. See ya." More realistic ending.mems_1224

Cortana was the second time Halsey made an A.I. using a flash clone of her brain. Both ended up with different personalities.

So yeah thats pretty much what would happen, if a third A.I. was made.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] well, couldn't halsey just make a new cortana? cortana is a clone of her brain. so it would be a new version but with its own personality.

Pretty much. But saying "they'll probably just give you a new Cortana model" was mad stupid for a studio that worships the EU like 343 does.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I mean, I guess she could. But it still wouldn't be Cortana. Hell, it'd probably call itself something else and act differently.

Pretty much. But saying "they'll probably just give you a new Cortana model" was mad stupid for a studio that worships the EU like 343 does.

Meh, I hope they don't do that. I wouldn't mind another AI but I definitely don't want to see another Cortana model.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] The best part is that they can't actually replace Cortana (she's unique, no other AI was created in the same way, and AI's choose their own personalities anyway), so 343 botched that one up big time because she actually isn't replaceable according to the EU.

Maybe [spoiler] The Librarian used Space Magic to send Cortana to some sort of A.I. graveyard, possibly on the Greater Ark. Oh and Johnson has been composed. :lol: Heck, Primordium confirmed the Librarian is still alive. [/spoiler] But really, 343 dropped the ball with this Ancient Evil thing. They really should have made it [spoiler] A Precursor or even the Master Builder [/spoiler] Although if my [spoiler] Didact building an army to fight the Precursors [/spoiler] theory is true, that would redeem the game for me.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#173 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Im guessing thats what she means by, "new version of me".mems_1224

Meh, I hope they don't do that. I wouldn't mind another AI but I definitely don't want to see another Cortana model.

Agreed.

I'd like to see a completely different model for Chief that replaces Cortana, and how Chief reacts to this this new AI in Halo 5.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 TheDidact
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Im guessing thats what she means by, "new version of me".

Maybe Mendicant Bias or Chakas could be an A.I. Partner for Chief in Halo 5, at least until Cortana returns.....
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Im guessing thats what she means by, "new version of me".

I don't either. It would really cheapen it. I mean, it's not like the ending was perfect anyway, but there's no reason to make it worse.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Pretty much. But saying "they'll probably just give you a new Cortana model" was mad stupid for a studio that worships the EU like 343 does.

I don't either. It would really cheapen it. I mean, it's not like the ending was perfect anyway, but there's no reason to make it worse.

I didn't think the ending was bad but there were some cheesy parts. I wasn't a fan of the multiple Cortanas
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#177 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
I keep hearing To the Moon in this thread. Is there anyone with good taste that recommends it? I'm a little bit sceptical of gamers furiously jerking off to video game narratives.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 PannicAtack

I keep hearing To the Moon in this thread. Is there anyone with good taste that recommends it? I'm a little bit sceptical of gamers furiously jerking off to video game narratives.FrozenLiquid
At ten dollars I'll certainly recommend it. It's a short game, I beat it in 3.6 hours, but it was totally worth it.

I'd say watch the trailer. If that you're interested after that, then get it.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#179 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Meh, I hope they don't do that. I wouldn't mind another AI but I definitely don't want to see another Cortana model.mems_1224

I didn't think the ending was bad but there were some cheesy parts. I wasn't a fan of the multiple Cortanas

The fact that they made the final "battle" a massive QTE was pretty underwhelming and lame too.

Although that's more of a gameplay thing than a narrative thing. Still though, they could have made finishing off the Didact actually epic or satisfactory.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 TheDidact

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I don't either. It would really cheapen it. I mean, it's not like the ending was perfect anyway, but there's no reason to make it worse.DJ-Lafleur

The fact that they made the final "battle" a massive QTE was pretty underwhelming and lame too.

Although that's more of a gameplay thing than a narrative thing. Still though, they could have made finishing off the Didact actually epic or satisfactory.

Duel War Sphinx Fight? :D
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I keep hearing To the Moon in this thread. Is there anyone with good taste that recommends it? I'm a little bit sceptical of gamers furiously jerking off to video game narratives.FrozenLiquid
What? How would you judge that exactly?

And yes if you appreciate good stories then get it. Best story 2011 and there's a whole spoilercast discussing it which basically means gamespot loves it too.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]I keep hearing To the Moon in this thread. Is there anyone with good taste that recommends it? I'm a little bit sceptical of gamers furiously jerking off to video game narratives.Vaasman

And yes if you appreciate good stories then get it.

I assume he means someone who's opinion he can trust.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]I keep hearing To the Moon in this thread. Is there anyone with good taste that recommends it? I'm a little bit sceptical of gamers furiously jerking off to video game narratives.DarkLink77

And yes if you appreciate good stories then get it.

Yeah, this. I knew it could have said it better lol.

The thing is, To the Moon just reminds me a lot of Voices of a Distant Star, 5cm Per Second, and The Children Who Chase Lost Voices. those Makoto Shinkai movies are in their own way fascinating, but it's like junior high league of stories and storytelling.

I swear, if To the Moon is written and designed by an Asian dude, I'mma throw a -

k2kdo4.jpg

.... :| .

I totally have psychic powers.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#184 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Not a Halo fan by any means, i haven't even played most of the games, but i like the lore and i like to read some of it...and, yes it was unexpected and even if the cutscene was a little bit corny i think it was well made for the most part and having in mind the rest of the Halo story...still, we all know she will be back for Halo 5 or 6 and that's a given.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]What? How would you judge that exactly?

And yes if you appreciate good stories then get it. FrozenLiquid

The thing is, To the Moon just reminds me a lot of Voices of a Distant Star, 5cm Per Second, and The Children Who Chase Lost Voices. those Makoto Shinkai movies are in their own way fascinating, but it's like junior high league of stories and storytelling.

I swear, if To the Moon is written and designed by an Asian dude, I'mma throw a -

you can always try the demo by going to freebirdgames.com. Goes through the first hour or so. Best stuff happens towards the end, but still if you don't like the first hour then you don't have to buy it.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#186 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
meh, I never liked cortana.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
lolno
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I assume he means someone who's opinion he can trust.

Vaasman

you can always try the demo by going to freebirdgames.com. Goes through the first hour or so. Best stuff happens towards the end, but still if you don't like the first hour then you don't have to buy it.

Oooh didn't know there was a demo. Will check it out then.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#189 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Cos apparently real man can't cry at games :roll:

seanmcloughlin

No. It's because apparently some of these people have no idea what quality storytelling is. Silent Hill 2, Planescape Torment, Nier, Bioshock, etc, those games have quality storytelling. Hell, even Black Ops 1 and 2 have better storytelling. Halo 4's is incredibly basic stuff.

Now you're just spouting sh!t.All those games have had similar things happen in TV, books and movies too. Also Blops? really? come on man. Saying that has great storytelling and Halo doesn't is a contradiction. Halo has great storytelling, great dialogue and characters. You just have some other reason for not thinking it. Like a petty resentment of the series or you don't like why so many others like it.

As far as quality goes, Halo has always been right up there.

I think you are confusing STORY with STORYTELLING
checkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 checkoff
Member since 2012 • 71 Posts
meh, I never liked cortana.lightleggy
original my little pony>>>horrible new cartoon with talentless drawing.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#191 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

+1 vote for To the Moon.

checkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 checkoff
they cant draw as precise as original artist's lol.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#193 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Sad but not that sad.

checkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 checkoff
Looks like stupid anime crap. This european cartoon mighty max has better drawing than anime horsespit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Q7a6SxIBk
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#195 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Yes. It was sad. That was true emotion unlike the weaboo "art" cows talk about.JohnnyCageMK
What games are you refering too as weaboo art?
checkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 checkoff
anime cartoons usually lack detail in the background all focus is put on the people and the background is talentless sh1t lol
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

MC and Cortana story is more of a love story of Brother and sister then anything romantic. It is sad, but it's not the love story you think it is.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
anime cartoons usually lack detail in the background all focus is put on the people and the background is talentless sh1t lolcheckoff
Do you even know how much work it is doing detailed background you think should be there. Do you even understand how pointless it is to go that far into detail on something no one really notices?
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 PannicAtack

Is the ban-dodging idiot seriously trying to derail by talking about My Little Pony?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]It's Gears of War 2 all over again. Oh boy.finalfantasy94

wait people thought there was an emotional part in that game?

Yep.

Players and Epic.