Is Halo 4 the greatest love story in gaming this gen? *spoilers*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Can't touch up on Myth, not into RTS games like that. But Marathon was fun action game when? never. Exactly.
One hit wonder? Maybe in terms of SP. But dat MP? Sogood.DarkLink77
True, but I like the knock that 343 is a Bungie imitation at best right now.
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

I say yes, and the ending made me cry. I haven't cried in years, and never to a video game.

Avian005
Halo, Halo 4's ending made you cry? LMFAO!
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Actually, I'd have to agree with the Black Ops thing. the storytelling is pretty on point. It's the actual story it tries to tell that's the problem.

Do tell, as I am interested in Black Ops II's campaign.

Haven't played Black Ops 2 yet, talking more about Black Ops 1. I just felt that with the surprising amount of crap being thrown my way every thirty seconds, I could comprehend it all. Mileage may vary on the enjoyment of the story of Black Ops 1, but all that pulp alternative history stuff was brain numbing for me. I always felt the Call of Duty titles told their stories pretty well. Whether or not it's a product of its heavily scripted linearity is irrelevant.

I was a sucker for the setting. Also, Black Ops had that moment where Hudson is being all serious and puts on his sunglasses inside, in a building that's running on emergency power. :lol: It is a product of heavily scripted linearity. Which makes the story less fun to play through, but also means it makes way more f*cking sense.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] There is no reason to yell, you being wrong is an expectation.

As far as it stands it might as well have been a Bungie game, because on a purely gameplay level nothing really separates the two. The kicker is presentation stuff, and on that side 343 is a little bit better. The only thing I could see being slightly different is that 343 through in some more guided scenarios than Bungie.

MP wise it comes with enough upsides that it makes up for it.

As it stands one is a glorified one hit wonder(bungie) is a f*cking tribute band to that one hit wonder.FrozenLiquid
Not wrong. Just stupid biased and I have no problems admitting it. I'll be honest, I preferred Bungie's overall presentation overall. I mean, 343's game nailed the graphics, but otherwise... yeah. Liked what Bungie did better in terms of overall audio, cutscene direction, story (no infodumps!), etc. But hey, I'm in the minority, I think. Either that or the honeymoon period ain't over yet. One hit wonder? Maybe in terms of SP. But dat MP? Sogood.

You guys are forgetting that Bungie also made Marathon and Myth. They all have strong single player campaigns. And f*ck the haters, ODST and Reach were good. Reach may have been disappointing (how the f*ck they could miss the opportunity to reveal the Covenant invading Reach in shocking fashion is beyond me), but it's still great to play.

Agreed and agreed. Stepping away from the Chief was one of the best things they ever did. They also told significantly better stories in those games.

I actually really like Marathon. It's aged, but it's still remarkably playable.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] True, but I like the knock that 343 is a Bungie imitation at best right now.

So do I. :P But I like Marathon a lot, actually.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#106 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Can't touch up on Myth, not into RTS games like that. But Marathon was fun action game when? never. Exactly. [QUOTE="DarkLink77"]One hit wonder? Maybe in terms of SP. But dat MP? Sogood.jg4xchamp
True, but I like the knock that 343 is a Bungie imitation at best right now.

I thought we were knocking Bungie for having weak single player campaigns i.e compelling narrative-driven missions. There's legit points on a lot of the issues Bungie has had with the Halo sequels' single player stuff. Being fun action games isn't one of them.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Lol yeah, like lems said Gears of war 2 Maria scene was sad :lol:. Don't even have to watch it myself, guess it's corny as fvk.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#108 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Lol yeah, like lems said Gears of war 2 Maria scene was sad :lol:. Don't even have to watch it myself, guess it's corny as fvk.rjdofu
No one said the Maria scene was sad. But that Cortana scene at the end isn't tear jerk worthy.
Avatar image for everythingtrash
everythingtrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 everythingtrash
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

That ending...:cry:

chaotzu
That would be mario
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]Lol yeah, like lems said Gears of war 2 Maria scene was sad :lol:. Don't even have to watch it myself, guess it's corny as fvk.FrozenLiquid
No one said the Maria scene was sad. But that Cortana scene at the end isn't tear jerk worthy.

Oh just go to youtube, tons of kids claiming he shed a "man tear" lol
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="chaotzu"]

That ending...:cry:

everythingtrash
That would be mario

Got banned again, I see? Or did you just forget your password?
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#113 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Do tell, as I am interested in Black Ops II's campaign. DarkLink77
Haven't played Black Ops 2 yet, talking more about Black Ops 1. I just felt that with the surprising amount of crap being thrown my way every thirty seconds, I could comprehend it all. Mileage may vary on the enjoyment of the story of Black Ops 1, but all that pulp alternative history stuff was brain numbing for me. I always felt the Call of Duty titles told their stories pretty well. Whether or not it's a product of its heavily scripted linearity is irrelevant.

I was a sucker for the setting. Also, Black Ops had that moment where Hudson is being all serious and puts on his sunglasses inside, in a building that's running on emergency power. :lol: It is a product of heavily scripted linearity. Which makes the story less fun to play through, but also means it makes way more f*cking sense.

You both need to play Black Ops 2's campaign right neow. I'm curious to hear your opinions on it. I thought it was pure f*cking greatness, and pretty much the exact opposite of the online multiplayer which is becoming quite the headache with all of it's lagging and disconnects and typical Treyarch bullsh*t.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL love story in FPS?? wait ppls saying ending make cry?? *watch ending on youtube* It doesnot make me cry. only girlies cry over fictional characters. real man not

You're so sexist I'm surprised you have the gumption to knock Duke Nukem.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 jg4xchamp

I thought it was pure f*cking greatness

Master_ShakeXXX

And that's exactly what it is. Treyarch proving to the masses that when they flex their muscle they can deliver on a heart pounding, barn burning, pedal to the medal, world cIass, one of a kind work of excellence that just isn't achieved in shooters these days beyond wonderful works like Resistance 2 and Vanquish.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

jg4xchamp

And that's exactly what it is. Treyarch proving to the masses that when they flex their muscle they can deliver on a heart pounding, barn burning, pedal to the medal, world cIass, one of a kind work of excellence that just isn't achieved in shooters these days beyond wonderful works like Resistance 2 and Vanquish.

:lol: Yes. YES. Though you sound like Heil when you do this.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Is this going to be a repeat of Gears of War 2 where a bunch of fanboy's blinded by hype thought the story was emotional and then after a short while when the hype died down they realised how terrible the story actually was?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

DarkLink77

uh duh, it's a lot of his wording. Heil's gimmick might be played out pretty quick, but that sh1t he does about sonys world cIass exclusives is a gem.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DarkLink77

Is this going to be a repeat of Gears of War 2 where a bunch of fanboy's blinded by hype thought the story was emotional and then after a short while when the hype died down they realised how terrible the story actually was?

toast_burner
God, I hope so. Because if everyone keeps praising how 343 handled the story in Halo 4, they won't f*cking learn.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] And that's exactly what it is. Treyarch proving to the masses that when they flex their muscle they can deliver on a heart pounding, barn burning, pedal to the medal, world cIass, one of a kind work of excellence that just isn't achieved in shooters these days beyond wonderful works like Resistance 2 and Vanquish. jg4xchamp

uh duh, it's a lot of his wording. Heil's gimmick might be played out pretty quick, but that sh1t he does about sonys world cIass exclusives is a gem.

No sh!t that's a lot of his wording. It's still funny, though.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL love story in FPS?? wait ppls saying ending make cry?? *watch ending on youtube* It doesnot make me cry. only girlies cry over fictional characters. real man not

You're so sexist I'm surprised you have the gumption to knock Duke Nukem.

I hate duke nukem too.

I know. That's what I said. I was pointing out irony.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
It's Gears of War 2 all over again. Oh boy.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]It's Gears of War 2 all over again. Oh boy.

Make it stop, skrat! Make it stop! :cry:
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#127 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

jg4xchamp

lol

You should be a salesman. I bet you would be good at it.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 PannicAtack

jg4xchamp

"Barn burning"?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

PannicAtack

"Barn burning"?

Never heard of the expression a barn burner? I took that, except made it barn burning. Don't be Jelly, B
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Master_ShakeXXX

lol

You should be a salesman. I bet you would be good at it.

I am wonderful at it.
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
:lol: lemmings tryna get a good story like ps3 exclusives
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
:lol: lemmings tryna get a good story like ps3 exclusivesPinnacleGamingP
:lol: delusional cows that thinks ps3 games have good stories :lol:
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

To The Moon.

Haven't played Halo 4, don't need to.

To The Moon.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

With the new gen having started with the release of the Wii U, isn't it time that these threads be moved to the Legacy Platform forum?

Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

Seriously people, nothing against Halo 4, its good fun, but the story is definetly not one of its strong points, its as cliche and as straightforward as it gets, and thats fine, Halo has never been about the narrative...

Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

DarkLink77

God, I hope so. Because if everyone keeps praising how 343 handled the story in Halo 4, they won't f*cking learn.

Learn what??? Nobody buys a Halo game because of its great story, heck, plenty of people dont even play single player...

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts

With the new gen having started with the release of the Wii U, isn't it time that these threads be moved to the Legacy Platform forum?

tenaka2
halo been using an engine from 2 gens ago, it shoulda already been legacy all last gen
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#148 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Twilight's awesome.

kuraimen

:| No wonder you're a lem your standards are 6 feet under...

It seems you're so butthurt you try to associate me with the lems.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Twilight's awesome.

SNIPER4321
I hate twilight

That's good for you.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL love story in FPS?? wait ppls saying ending make cry?? *watch ending on youtube* It doesnot make me cry. only girlies cry over fictional characters. real man not

So sexist.