Is Halo 3 the next Twilight Princess?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts

I'm not trying to take anything away from either franchise here, but they are both pretty similar.

1 - Each game was made for fans of the original franchise in mind(aka fan service).

2 - Neither game really moved the series forward, they are both built on a successful yet ageing structure. 

3 - Both had incredible amounts of hype and were each guaranteed AAA status at Gamespot(people refuse to believe Halo 3 could get AA, like TP).

4 - The artistic style has not changed whatsoever.

5 - Visuals were not pushing the system hardware like they could be. 

Twilight Princess was a great game, just like Halo 3 will be. OOT style of gameplay lasted 3 series, will Halo 3 also suffer from this fate? I mean how many times can you buy Halo before you're ready to move on?

zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
I don't think we've seen enough of Halo's single player to judge that yet. Although, I could see that happening.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
I hope Halo 3 is as good as TP. That would be great.
jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
It`s looking that way. But I will always love both series. I dont usually go by Gamespot or any other rating site...unless it gets below a 6.9
Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Could happen, the similarites are there in terms of hype. But I think Halo 3 will get a 9.1 or 9.2. I don't think its different enough from Halo 2 to make it revolutionary and amazing.
Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ganon_919
Member since 2007 • 2016 Posts

Is Halo 3 an original XBox game?

It could happen.. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Halo 3 was 8.8'd
I'm not hyping it AAA, that's for sure.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

"The artistic style has not changed whatsoever."

huh? look at the windwaker and look at TP again please 

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
how is halo not changing? THe new weapons even seem to be- we havent even seen anything on the campaign yet. hell, you guys dont know enoguh about any halo make assumptions about that
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iunderstand

lawlessx

WW is not considered a OOT sequel. WW was a redesign of the franchise whereas TP pretty much followed the same route as Orcarina of Time and Majoras Mask. 

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

iunderstand

WW is not considered a OOT sequel. WW was a redesign of the franchise whereas TP pretty much followed the same route as Orcarina of Time and Majoras Mask.

oh..my mistake.  

terrellpakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 terrellpakeman
Member since 2003 • 1326 Posts
Halo 3 is AAA by default. Sigify me if you want!
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

iunderstand

Rather than complain about artistic style not changing, could you care to explain how it could have been done differently? Should Link have worn a pink tutu or something? 

Avatar image for PotatoSandWitch
PotatoSandWitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 PotatoSandWitch
Member since 2007 • 843 Posts

Naah, Halo's gameplay is still evolving just enough to be new. TP felt wayyy wayyy behind to me.

I hadn't played Zelda in forever and was unpleasantly surprised at how old the controls felt. I mean, nowadays, I don't want to have to stop moving to look around 360 degrees. And of course the graphics were pretty damn bad too.

Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
I hope Halo 3 is as good as TP. That would be great.web966
-Beowulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Beowulf
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Nope.
Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
If Halo 3 is as good as TP, I will be so happy. TP was incredible. But then again, I liked Hitman: Blood Money better than TP. If Halo 3 is as good as Hitman then I will be really happy. But then again...
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iunderstand

how is halo not changing? THe new weapons even seem to be- we havent even seen anything on the campaign yet. hell, you guys dont know enoguh about any halo make assumptions about thatEducated_Gamer

You received new tools and such in TP as well. Are the changes enough to revitalize the series however? Or are the new additions just branching out on an already successful formula? 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
The main response I see is "we've hardly seen anything yet." And that is exactly why I'm not hyping. >_>
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Halo3 is the next

Halo 3

Avatar image for PotatoSandWitch
PotatoSandWitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 PotatoSandWitch
Member since 2007 • 843 Posts

Halo 3 is AAA by default. Sigify me if you want!terrellpakeman
Even if it doesn't get an AAA on sites, it's going to be many peoples' favorite game when it comes out.

I wouldn't be TOO surprised if GameSpot (who care way too much about "innovation" even when the gameplay experience isn't nearly as good as past styles) gave Halo3 an AA due to not changing enough from Halo2.

But the game is probably going to improve a lot in the small gameplay things... and online portion, which are far better to improve upon than making the game have wave-your-arm controls, in my opinion. 

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Hmmmm...

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iunderstand
[QUOTE="iunderstand"]

thinicer

Rather than complain about artistic style not changing, could you care to explain how it could have been done differently? Should Link have worn a pink tutu or something?

I never complained about it, I'm just talking about the similarities between the franchises. WW did great things for the series, whereas TP catered to the same fanbase with the same old formula and was judged harshly as a result.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I'm not "calling it" or anything, but if Halo 3 does get less than AAA, I am going to laugh >_>
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Looks so.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]how is halo not changing? THe new weapons even seem to be- we havent even seen anything on the campaign yet. hell, you guys dont know enoguh about any halo make assumptions about thatiunderstand

You received new tools and such in TP as well. Are the changes enough to revitalize the series however? Or are the new additions just branching out on an already successful formula?

you do relize that halo is basically what makes console shooters? Other shooters steal from it so much. it brought about the first real good control scheme to console FPS and really basically everything good youll find in console shooters nowadays. And then theres the stuff that no one expected theyd put in which everyone loves (boarding, independent firing of dual weilded guns, etc.

Halo 2 evolved a lot from halo 1 while still being obviously halo, im sure halo 3 will do the same 

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
Halo 3 could never reach the masterpiece known as Twilight Princess
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iunderstand
[QUOTE="iunderstand"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]how is halo not changing? THe new weapons even seem to be- we havent even seen anything on the campaign yet. hell, you guys dont know enoguh about any halo make assumptions about thatEducated_Gamer

you do relize that halo is basically what makes console shooters? Other shooters steal from it so much. it brought about the first real good control scheme to console FPS and really basically everything good youll find in console shooters nowadays. And then theres the stuff that no one expected theyd put in which everyone loves (boarding, independent firing of dual weilded guns, etc.

Halo is considered the flagship title for console shooters like Zelda is for action adventures.

got_systems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 got_systems
Member since 2004 • 1203 Posts
I really hope its not the next Twilight Princess, but the possibility is always there.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

im not even a cow

but after all the flack resistance took for not reinventing the wheel

i dont see anything that really defines next gen in halo

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

Halo 3 could never reach the masterpiece known as Twilight PrincessDencore

:lol: Masterpeice, that game was a dissapointment

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

[QUOTE="Dencore"]Halo 3 could never reach the masterpiece known as Twilight Princess-Sora

:lol: Masterpeice, that game was a dissapointment

Highest rated Zelda besides OoT on Gamerankings and multiple 10 out of 10's and GOTY say different ;) 

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

Judging from the gameplay videos, Halo 3 looks fun.

/thread 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The hype for Halo 3 seems to be diminishing at the moment. TP's hype was high-AAA GOTY 2006 up until the review was released.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thinicer

The hype for Halo 3 seems to be diminishing at the moment. TP's hype was high-AAA GOTY 2006 up until the review was released.foxhound_fox

How is Halo's hype diminishing? Everybody is talking about the multiplayer beta.

kapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kapp1
Member since 2004 • 1138 Posts
Meh. I don't care what it scores. Me and my friends will have a good time with it regardless.
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
I don't understand why people are upset about the graphics.  The look awesome, look at the most recent screenshot on bungie.net is totally mind bottling check it out plz, to tell me what you think, it's the one on snowbound.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thinicer

I don't understand why people are upset about the graphics. The look awesome, look at the most recent screenshot on bungie.net is totally mind bottling check it out plz, to tell me what you think, it's the one on snowbound.RCade3

I think what people don't like about them is that they seem "plain". It's still a multiplayer beta available for download, and I don't think that Bungie bothered to make it look all lush and beautiful to be excessively large in size when you download it.  All kinds of details can always be added later.

I took a look at the screen shots and I feel that the models are really good. The core of the game, graphics wise, seems pretty solid. It just needs polish.

Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts
Can I say something lol?  To be completely honest...a game isn't decided to be triple A based off of GS's score alone.  Looke around at ALL of the reviews.  All of them...whether it be al review sites, magazines...and then decide whether a game is triple A or not.  I love how some people claim TP isn't triple A, and that it flopped..and yet it's one of the highest reviewed games of all time.  C'mon guys...don't be so close minded.  And Halo 3?  I've been playing the Beta since saturday...and it's GREAT.  Hell that might be an understatement...but regardless of the graphics..i absolutely LOVE it.  
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox
How is Halo's hype diminishing? Everybody is talking about the multiplayer beta. thinicer

I have not seen as many rampant "Halo 3 is teh GOTY 2007" threads/comments since the new videos came out.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

"Definitely worthy of being called a sequel, but multiplayer doesn't scream "next gen" to me."

the difference is, TP wasn't exactly touted as 'next gen' 

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thinicer

[QUOTE="thinicer"]How is Halo's hype diminishing? Everybody is talking about the multiplayer beta. foxhound_fox

I have not seen as many rampant "Halo 3 is teh GOTY 2007" threads/comments since the new videos came out.

That's what you base it on? Lack of stupid fanboy threads?

Just wait. Unfortunately, we're going to see many of those threads near, at, and after Halo 3's release. 

RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

[QUOTE="RCade3"]I don't understand why people are upset about the graphics. The look awesome, look at the most recent screenshot on bungie.net is totally mind bottling check it out plz, to tell me what you think, it's the one on snowbound.thinicer

I think what people don't like about them is that they seem "plain". It's still a multiplayer beta available for download, and I don't think that Bungie bothered to make it look all lush and beautiful to be excessively large in size when you download it.  All kinds of details can always be added later.

I took a look at the screen shots and I feel that the models are really good. The core of the game, graphics wise, seems pretty solid. It just needs polish.

thx for looking at the shot it looks beautiful to me and i don't know how to link it or post on here for others to look at. I would be totally content if the final graphics looked like that, which they probably will with just a little more polish.
WIIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WIIRUS
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts
lol, halo will never be as good as zelda.
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

i disagree in regards to what you may possibly be implying of twilight princess.  I'd also like to state that the art style for TP was much different then any previous zelda, it's comparable to ocarina's only in that it's more mature, other then that everything is very different.  The art style of TP is generally accepted as great by reviewers, even gamespot.  ALso, twilight princess is currently the highest rated next gen game so far.  Most review sites do seem to think twilight princess was something absolutly incredible.  I agree.  If halo is like zelda in that regards, it will be astounding

ANyways, halo 3 could be just more of the same, refined to near perfection.  That's not a bad thing.  Innovation and a new direction to a series is always welcome, but refining it is also not a bad thing at all.

BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
How is Halo 3 not moving the series forward? They're adding weapons, vehicles, and changing key parts of game-play from previous titles. And, all the other things you mentioned had nothing to do with TP getting AA. 
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Halo 3 will get all TENS!  No way will it get anything LESS! AAA all the WAY!
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

The hype for Halo 3 seems to be diminishing at the moment. TP's hype was high-AAA GOTY 2006 up until the review was released.foxhound_fox

To use a kitchen analogy: The hype has been set to simmer and the hate has been set to boil.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Halo 3 is AAA by default. Sigify me if you want!terrellpakeman

That's the attitude that got a lot of sheep owned. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 foxhound_fox
That's the attitude that got a lot of sheep owned. goblaa

"A lot" being a drastic understatement.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

Just like TP, Dosnt matter what is scores here, Millions will still buy it.