Is GTA V too good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I am not a huge fan of the gta world but compared to other games I just keep replaying this game because overall it has the most things to do and quality wise and attention to detail it is just the best there is. I play assassins creed as well but between those 2 games there really isn't anything worth playing. That's how I feel about this game. Other open world sandboxes just aren't worth it in comparison. I'll just replay this and mess around in it.

AC has parkour and the combat and a little more variety to the missions imo........ I like how you can approach missions differently as well. I also like the interiors in Unity. Watch dogs was ok with stealth but I cant get past the fact you cant shoot from vehicles.... Interacting with the world and the amount of stuff to explore in GTA is also just more immense.. I don't even think GTA is a perfect game. I wish there were better reasons to explore and the side content and missions and characters are a bit too GTAish if you know what I mean but ah well.

I like games that are a good mix of story, open world, content and fun factor and everything and GTA as far as it's driving mechanics and just fun stuff to do is not being outdone.. It seems like it could be but it just isn't.

There isn't anything i'm looking forward to in 2015 either on my ps4 minus Uncharted. I finished Unity and will get the next AC game, but the replay value there isn't too good. I'll just keep playing this for a year.

Thing is I think AC Unity graphics wise is a more next gen experience but overall the leap in graphics isn't that great where this is kind of an issue. I feel like GTA V is really all that's worth playing and it's a last gen game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I thought it was disappointing. I still had a good time with it though.

I prefer GTA4+expansions.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Celtic_34

I don't understand where playing lesser games is appealing though. I guess different story and some different mechanics involved with other games but as far as a huge open world and stuff to do and attention to detail what is better? GTA has kind of ruined gaming in that regard to me. It's like why spend more money for something I will enjoy less. AC unity also got really poor reviews but I still feel like as far as a next gen experience it's about as good as anything out there. AC at least differentiates itself enough with the parkour mechanics and combat from the other sand box games. I can see where someone might enjoy bioware rpgs or Bethesda games but a lot of these games don't differentiate themselves enough.

Even racing games like the crew or squad based shooters. I can do all that here. It's even a first person shooter now. GTA starts adding coop to it's heist missions and real squad based play it's game over. They've already started to do that with GTA online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

No need to run.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

It bored me. Free roam is absolutely boring outside of the city, minus Chilliad, and the missions are all around pretty meh.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I love love love this game. Moreso than any other GTA bar San Andreas and it's about a tie.

I've found three excuses so far to restart it just so I can prolong the experience.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:

No need to run.

Thank you.

Saints Row is my God now.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Meh. I think it's a bit overrated.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. But aside from the huge game world and amazing animations/voice acting, not much has changed. Same gameplay with a few new additions. Great game, but not the best game ever.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Yes, yes it is.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

I love love love this game. Moreso than any other GTA bar San Andreas and it's about a tie.

I've found three excuses so far to restart it just so I can prolong the experience.

Yup I got near the end then just decided to restart it. Its as good the 2nd and 3rd time. All the little touches RS put in this game is amazing. Easily one of the best games I ever played and so much better than 4.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Definitely my 2nd Favourite GTA game behind San Andreas which was my first GTA game ever. I had a blast spending over 100hours on the SP and will do it all over again when I get it on the PC.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It's one of the best games i have ever played, yes.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

GTA V rules, Rockstar Rocks :)

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cyclops10
Member since 2004 • 696 Posts

It's a hundred times better than 4. You know the people who claim 4 is better are the same guys who complain about FF 7 or OoT being overrated. Just for the sake of being ''that guy''.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I've never had interest in the GTA games because it's been in third-person view. But, the first-person view with GTA V has me intrigued....very intrigued which means there's a high certainty I'll buy it (for the PC).

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

@indzman said:

GTA V rules, Rockstar Rocks :)

This

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I thought it was a great game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

GTA V on PS3 and 360 sucked donkey balls, but on PS4 and Xbone it's awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Eh, so far it doesn't feel much like a game. It is impressive as to what they accomplished but the gameplay is just soso.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

this.

and I'm not running.

gta 4 was just better.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

It's probably the best game out of the whole ps3/wii/360 era. It's the epitome of open world games and just has style. You can't please everyone and some people just have bad taste

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

GTA V is the best game of last gen so yeah

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I find AC: Unity to be far superior to GTA 5. Feels more alive, npc's have more variety of animations, more npc's onscreen, more detail per square foot, more enterable buildings, more side missions. Downfalls would be lack of vehicles and ability to kill any NPC but that stuff got old way back in Vice City. Yet here we are in part 5 and still not much more to do outside of main mission than to do the same crap we've all been able to do in the series for a very long time..some things removed since San Andreas, but certainly to a degree some of that same ol' could be said for AC as well but it's not so exactly the same like GTA series has been. Oh I forgot, they added First person and peyote trips....ooooh, let me run right out and slap down $60 on that.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The only thing that lets GTAV down is the car handling, hope modders fix that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Im not a fan of game that has a bunch if distractions as its onky hook.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Best game I played in 2013. Its outstanding, period. If it ruins other games for you, then it isn't the game's fault. Its your weird, games must meet this invisible line I draw in my head in order to be fun. Get out of your head and just enjoy playing games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

In terms of the quality of the detail in the world, it's amazing... but other than that, I found it quite bland to be honest (like GTA 4).

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Too Good??????

There is absolutely naff all today in single player than play the story missions and side missions, some tennis, golf, yoga????? it's a game of just Eye Candy, all those people on the street and non of have anything about them, I go and hit a person in the gym on the beach and they all run away, Franklin gets given a house, in which you can't do anything in it, you can't buy property except some shops which give you money but not much else, there are gangs in the world which seems like there just there in the background, there is the Ocean to explore, but I'm playing GTA not deep sea diver. it's a great game for what does in the story missions but even then it falls flat, the heists are pretty dull and there is actually only 1 maybe 2 actual heists, the rest are just to move the story on, can't even rob shops in the single player game unless you glitch the game so you can walk in, it's a game full of eye candy but no real interaction. I've been all over the map finding small out of the way places which look amazing and seem like they have a story behind it, but there is nothing there to do, so many mansions you should be ables to buy or rob at least but there just fronts, there's a prison which has nothing to do with the main game nor is there a reason for it, army base which has no relevance. it's a showpiece at best, the online is good fun tho.

AC don't even get me started on that, all i can say is, handholding at it's best, the whole map has every secret and thing you can get right on the map so exploring is out the question because all you do is tag the thing you want and make your way there, combat is awfully is, with block block counter kill, harder enemies are block block counter hit block block counter kill, the rest is pretty boring for me.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I honestly could never get myself to play a GTA game. I like open world games, but I just have no interest in a current day setting. I'm more in to historical or fantasy open world.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

It's too good for its own good :P

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

to good for turd race yes

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's great, but it's no Skyrim.

I haven't gone back to GTAV since beating the main story.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's great, but it's no Skyrim.

I haven't gone back to GTAV since beating the main story.

You should play it again, you have 3 different endings + you have multiple ways to make some mainquest missions :D

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@aroxx_ab: oh I will. Just not on PS3

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I play assassins creed

____

You're everything wrong with gaming. Get out.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

I loathe GTA V. If you don't like the story, the game becomes hideously painful. Can't skip the story. Die in a mission and you have to hear it all again. So much of the doing of stuff is delayed so you can hear cop killers whine on and on about their stupid freaking problems. Aww, you killed fifty cops and twenty civilians today and when you get home your family isn't appropriately respectful. Boo hoo, boo hoo. So dramatic.

The shooting of things is and always has been subpar. While it is the absolute best sand box full of fun minigames, when the actual game it's self feels like a chore, that doesn't seem like enough of a reason to bother.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

@Stringerboy said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

The games a masterpiece. Hate the gunplay and deadzones though.

lol how is it a masterpiece then?

if you want a game with that large a scale, then you have to expect that it won't excel on the little things. It's so much easier for a smaller scale linear shooter to get these details down. Compared to Bethesda open world games, Rockstar has done an incredible job getting the mechanics as good as they are.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

best game I played last gen. I finished it twiced and put in over 300 hours in gta online, no games come close to that for me.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By -CC-

@kittennose said:

Die in a mission and you have to hear it all again. So much of the doing of stuff is delayed so you can hear cop killers whine on and on about their stupid freaking problems.

Maybe you confused IV for V. There are several check points in 5 for missions so you only have to replay a small part of it. 4 was when you had to start all over if you failed IIRC.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -CC-

^^ Thats on PS4 though so maybe the 360/ps3 are diff. Just played the missions hauling the cars on the 18 wheeler and decided to try other ways of losing the cops. Always failed and always restarted in the car with the spikes without having to drive the whole way.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@-CC- said:

@kittennose said:

Die in a mission and you have to hear it all again. So much of the doing of stuff is delayed so you can hear cop killers whine on and on about their stupid freaking problems.

Maybe you confused IV for V. There are several check points in 5 for missions so you only have to replay a small part of it. 4 was when you had to start all over if you failed IIRC.

All is a exaggeration. I should have used the phrase too much.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I couldn't even finish the story to the halfway point. It wasn't as bad as GTAIV, but it was nowhere near as good as Vice City or San Andreas.

The disappearance of the zany action and over-the-top ridiculousness ruined it for me.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#47 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I couldn't even finish the story to the halfway point. It wasn't as bad as GTAIV, but it was nowhere near as good as Vice City or San Andreas.

The disappearance of the zany action and over-the-top ridiculousness ruined it for me.

You must have been playing a completely different game. Flying a crop duster into a cargo plane isn't over-the-top enough for you? lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@foxhound_fox said:

You must have been playing a completely different game. Flying a crop duster into a cargo plane isn't over-the-top enough for you? lol

I didn't get far enough into V to find it. I just wish you could skip all the stupid story crap and get access to all the items and places like flight school.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Celtic_34

There was a segway when i changed to michael and jimmy was getting out of the car and started walking down the street. I ran him over then shot him several times. The paramedics came and said everything was going to be alright but he didn't look too good. I tried calling but no answer. I'm there thinking I hope he's alright?

about an hour later I got a call from jimmy saying he was in the hospital and wanted me to pay his bills. That's awesome. Little touches like that make this game.