Is Destiny worth playing on PS 3 or 360?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Do people play Destiny online very much on last gen systems? Despite the game getting critical negetive reviews users on SW seems to praise it much, the new DLC intrigues me. Is it worth picking up Destiny on PS 3 or 360 ( Don't own One or PS 4 mind it guys).

What you suggest warriors :)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

It's not worth it on any system.

Otherwise, I'm sure it did relatively well on the older consoles and has an active community.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I dont own the game myself but i heard from other people the game is very repetitive, but sure if you like grinding and do the same stuff every day so sure get it

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

No.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I dunno. I think it's essentially the same game on PS3 as it is on PS4 save some graphics and such. I'm enjoying it. I know what it is and what it isn't. Doing the raids every week is pretty awesome to me.. .

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@indzman: Yeah absalutetly not worth it on any system. I blew 60 quid on that POS, Random change for drops? locking off nightfall missions and other stuff to DLC, practically forcing you to pay 20 quid for DLC and even then its still enitrely random whether you get the new stuff out of it

I'm shocked and increadbly disapointed that some of my friends continue to play this god aweful money grabbing garbage. Their reason? "good shooting mechanics and the raid reminds me so much of COD Zombies in terms of teamwork"

Thats great and all, Zombies is one of the best Co-op games you can get, but i still couldn't suffer that red hot bungie poker up my ass all f**king day long

In short no, don't bother, don't support such a dispicable company

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

PS4

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@RedentSC said:
blah blah blah......and more blah

If you buy the season pass, you get all the DLC.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Stay the hell away from that game. Seriously.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

To put it simple, no.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

It looks really good on the ps4 and x1.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I played the beta for about an hour on the PS3.

Turns out, that hour pretty much reflected what the entire game was about from start to finish.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

No, it's destiny

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Okay, skipping it for now guys:(

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@indzman said:

Do people play Destiny online very much on last gen systems? Despite the game getting critical negetive reviews users on SW seems to praise it much, the new DLC intrigues me. Is it worth picking up Destiny on PS 3 or 360 ( Don't own One or PS 4 mind it guys).

The PS3/PS4 versions have extra content. Other than that, Destiny is the same on all the machines. The Next gen versions offer a resolution bump, but essentially Destiny is a last gen game.

Personally I didn't buy it. I played the Destiny Alpha and Beta and I KNEW it was a stinker (at least to me). I tried for months to warn people in SW. It was heavily marketed, so in that sense Activision did their job. I didn't get caught up on the HYPE and blow any money on it. However, I know others that seem to enjoy the bare-bones style of Destiny. Not me though. I think it's trash and I'm thankful the Beta existed to warn me.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

There are very few times when I regret purchasing a game, Destiny is one of those times I regret purchasing a game.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

It's not worth it on any system.

QFT

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's not worth playing at all.

I recommend some actual good games instead.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

It's a love it or hate it game. If you love grinding for gear, leveling up gear, and co op with friends its a solid buy. But if you don't then you're gonna hate it. The story is garbage and the grind is very similar to free 2 play games, but without the microtransactions.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

**** these guys. If what you've seen/played of the game interests you, check it out you might like it. I like it a lot and have a ton of friends that play it every single day and enjoy the hell out of it. Don't let review scores or what people say on the internet overly influence your decision. If the game is fun to you, that's all that matters. No matter how good a game is, it doesn't appeal to everyone. And the voices of critics always come off as louder than the voices of fans.

I'll be the first to actually answer what you wanted the know: My nephew has Destiny on PS3 so I've seen it first hand. It looks very good for last gen, runs surprisingly great, and has a huge active community from what I can tell.

You can download a trial version of the game on the PSN/XBL store and try it out for yourself, see if you like it before purchasing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@raugutcon said:

There are very few times when I regret purchasing a game, Destiny is one of those times I regret purchasing a game.

I regret purchasing Destiny at full price but I would be lying if I said I didnt took some fun out of it. The proper gunplay save it for me. Still not worth $60 thats for sure

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I wouldn't play that game on any system the game is so boring I regret buying the dam game.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@indzman said:

I got friends playing on the 360 and on the one, apparenlty they all like it very much

something i just can't understand

I played on both systems and it's just not my style, and i for one like rpg shooters

So yes a lot of people do still play it on the old systems

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The only good thing about this game is the two raids. Everything else without exceptions is bad

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

It's not good no matter what system you play it on.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Doesn't seem like it's worth playing even on an Xbox One or PS4.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

I think it sucks, I am shocked that so many people still play it - and play it often. I got it the day it came out hoping that it would be as good as we all hoped it would be. I had some fun for about a week then haven't really had much desire to play again. I also can't stand shooters that are 30fps so that's another major turn-off for me.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

**** these guys. If what you've seen/played of the game interests you, check it out you might like it. I like it a lot and have a ton of friends that play it every single day and enjoy the hell out of it. Don't let review scores or what people say on the internet overly influence your decision. If the game is fun to you, that's all that matters. No matter how good a game is, it doesn't appeal to everyone. And the voices of critics always come off as louder than the voices of fans.

I'll be the first to actually answer what you wanted the know: My nephew has Destiny on PS3 so I've seen it first hand. It looks very good for last gen, runs surprisingly great, and has a huge active community from what I can tell.

You can download a trial version of the game on the PSN/XBL store and try it out for yourself, see if you like it before purchasing.

Your nephew has Destiny, you don´t, So your opinion is based on what you have seen and not on what you have experienced, so -----> **** your opinion.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

If you have Redbox (or if not, maybe Gamefly) in your area rent a copy for the 360 or PS3 and check it out. That's what I did when it first came out. I played the crap out of the game, and found it to be a lot of fun. (I ended up buying it on my PS4 and that's where I play it now.

As far as the 360 version goes. I was just playing it on a friend's 360 the other night and there are still plenty of people online playing it if you are looking to find a party. So finding people to go on raids with is no problem. The performance on the 360 was good also. Never noticed any slow downs, and the game looks almost as good as the PS4 version. I can't really speak for the PS3 version, since I've never played it on there. I would expect it to be about the same.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Only play it on PS4.

But the better advice is to not play it at all.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Core gameplay is good. Everything around it is a clusterfuck

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

its not worth any money on any system

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

It's a horrible game. Worst game of the year for me. I could tell it was going to be horrible a year ago and had no hype for it. I just tried the demo a week ago and it was even WORSE than I thought it was going to be.

I played through the missions. Beat them fairly quickly. Then I just sat there like....that's it? So I tried replaying them and you couldn't even do anything. They are just barren maps and a couple enemies show up every 10 minutes. You just walk around in circles mindlessly killing things. It was the most boring thing I have ever played.

I don't understand the appeal. People who claim to like the game must have very low standards or they are just lying to themselves thinking it's fun because they refuse to admit they wasted $60-80 on it.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

No, you should y'know instead, get a GOOD game.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@dalger21: No, you get 2 DLC..... i guarantee you by the time Destiny 2 has come out you've payed more for DLC than you did the original game... its not Blah, this is basic math

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Like others said, it isn't worth it on any console. Its a grindfest with no originality or soul. It is a terrible game