Introducing the GAMEBUDDY! $99

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Link is here: http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/gamebuddy-streams-any-game-to-any-screen-via-your-home-network-video-21-01-2014/

Video is at the bottom of the page for demonstration here is the info, bolded important parts for tl:dr:

Ken Filliter has created a new device called the GameBuddy which is being designed to allow gamers to stream their games from a computer, console, smartphone or tablet through their home network via either cable or wirelessly, to any other screen, with no discernible lag during play.

The screen you finally view your gaming content on can be a HDTV, laptop, tablet or similar and the GameBuddy allows you to enjoy any game on any screen of your choice. Watch the video after the jump to learn more about the GameBuddy project and see it in action.

“We all love playing video games on smartphones and PCs. But can we play our favorite smartphone or PC games on a big screen while sitting comfortably on the couch? We also love playing console games on our XBox or Playstation – but face annoying interruptions when other family members want to watch TV. Can we pause and move to another room to continue playing the console game?”

“It wasn’t possible until we created GameBuddy. GameBuddy is an innovative HD video transmitter and receiver. It can stream any game to any screen anywhere with full HD quality and no detectable delay. It can also stream HD video across different platforms including Windows, Android and iOS devices. Powered by our innovative NoLAG technology, GameBuddy means you won’t feel any lag even when playing the most demanding first-person-shooting games.

In order to make sure every home can use our technology, we have tested our product to work with Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Homeplug and MOCA. As long as you have Wi-Fi or Ethernet network coverage, you are ready to go.”

The GameBuddy project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production. So if you think GameBuddy is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help GameBuddy become a reality with prices no starting from $99 for the device.

There again, is a video at the bottom of the site for demonstration.

This is basically the Xbox One snap but physical, and can work across multiple devices with a screen. Although i am questioning some aspects of the device here.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Completely lag-free stream of games from your PC?

Highly doubt it

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

From the name "Gamebuddy" I was totally expecting a Fisher Price toy-like device.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

awesome.

now I can stream my console games to my monitor and play from the comfort of my desk, rather than that annoying couch.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ill get a wii 3 and ds3 thank you very much

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Gamebuddy? Just give me a damn Gameboy Color.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@mariokart64fan said:

ill get a wii 3 and ds3 thank you very much

wii3?

ds3?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

@Sword-Demon: lol

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

So...........like a mobile Chromecast?

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Not sure I believe the no lag/latency. I'll need to see this thing in action before I can pledge to it.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Gamebuddy? That sounds like a really awful peripheral from the 1980's. Who the hell named that thing?

And jesus that commercial is just awful. It looks like a parody video. Watching the two "bros" hitting elbows together while laughing and randomly mashing buttons was just embarrassingly awful.

That thing is going to be a half assed piece of shit and will not work properly. Someone is just trying to grab some kickstarter money is all.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I'd rather just get a long HDMI cable.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Worthless garbage.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@trugs26 said:

From the name "Gamebuddy" I was totally expecting a Fisher Price toy-like device.

I was thinking the same thing.