Internet connection help for the Wii ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I just bought a Wii, and I'd like to eventually get it online. The problem I have is that my computer and internet connections are in my bedroom, and my Wii is in my living room. If I purchase the Wii USB Wi Fi connector, will that work for me? Will the signal still work from another room? I have a PC that runs Windows XP.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts
yes it would work cuz i bought a wii and the computer at my brother room with the wifi connetor and it still work i'm useing it right now
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JDW_games
yes it would work cuz i bought a wii and the computer at my brother room with the wifi connetor and it still work i'm useing it right nowliljio14
So that's all I need to do? Just plug in the Wi Fi connector to my PC, and my Wii should be able to go online from my living room without plugging anything into the Wii?
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JDW_games
Anyone else?
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

[QUOTE="liljio14"]yes it would work cuz i bought a wii and the computer at my brother room with the wifi connetor and it still work i'm useing it right nowJDW_games
So that's all I need to do? Just plug in the Wi Fi connector to my PC, and my Wii should be able to go online from my living room without plugging anything into the Wii?

Yes. That is how it works.

You have to install some software for the USB connector onto your PC and set up some options etc, as far as I am aware, but other than this it should as simple as plugging in the USB connector to your PC and then the Wii should find and connect to it wirelessly it and work fine.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JDW_games
Cool. I just thought that mabye it wouldn't get the signal being in a different room in the house.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

Cool. I just thought that mabye it wouldn't get the signal being in a different room in the house. JDW_games

I think it has a distance of like 30 feet or something. Through walls and all...

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Wii forums.