Intel & Nvidia has something to say to all Console Fans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Painballz
Member since 2008 • 1058 Posts

Intel says consoles are weak and old

http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/videos/home.aspx?fn=1459

Intel said, that they don't want to move back (consoles), they move ahead (PC)

Intel bought Project Offset Dev's which makes it a PC exclusive and it will probably dethrone Crysis in graphics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nvidia

As good as consoles are, they are so far behind the PC gaming experience that there is no comparison.

"In terms of raw processing power, the high-end PCs are at least three times more powerful."

Nvidia provides the graphics grunt for the PlayStation 3, while rival ATI provides the imaging hardware for the Xbox 360.

Mr Taylor points out that the latest graphics cards can draw twice as many pixels, twice the screen resolution, as a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

The latest games are employing DirectX 10 tools developed by Microsoft, which are used by developers to get the best out of the high-end and middle-range graphics cards.

Mr Taylor said the new tools and the new hardware had given developers a library of effects to play with.

Nvidia's latest high-end graphics cards, the 8800 series, can easily produce graphical effects that tax the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, such as motion blur, depth of field and volumetric smoke.

Playing Crysis with the screen resolution set at 1920x1200 with all effects switched up to very high and anti-aliasing turned on, the game is breathtaking to look at and puts consoles titles like Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 into the shade.

Mr Taylor said: "Fog, smoke or mist in games until now have been flat and don't respond to objects. Volumetric effects mean they are dynamic - a helicopter can now displace cloud or smoke, or a character can step through the fog realistically."

The PC is finally back up where it belongs," said Mr Diemer.

He added: "The innovation is happening on the PC; but that's always been the case."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there both right on the money, Gears of War maxed out 360 and MGS4 maxed out PS3 (576P) with downgrade, and the Wii is just an abomination,Mario Galaxy maxed out the Wii while still looking like a high end Xbox 1 game which is sad.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I fell asleep halfway through. Until a product or game ships color me completely unimpressed.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

Awesome!!!!

Now that you have proved it to me, I will sell my PS3, my HDTV, my stereo, my entertainment stand, my speakers, my controllers, my Blu-Ray movies, my DVD's, my PSP, my PSP games, my PSP case, and everything other than PC and PC games just because PC dominates allzorz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fail because this is an opinion argument at best.

Some like PC, some like consoles, it's nothing to lose sleep over if some people don't like your PC games.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts
thanks for your weekly pc is best thread.
Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

Well shoot, as others have said, I will now go out and sell my PS3, 360, Wii, DS, PSP, and all of the games I have for them. Seriously Paint, do you ever ever just get tired of being such a fan boy? Its getting somewhat ridiculous now...

AR

Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

thanks for your weekly pc is best thread.doobie1975

Weekly? Ha! I wish. Try more like, hourly...

AR

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

Intel says consoles are weak and old

http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/videos/home.aspx?fn=1459

Intel said, that they don't want to move back (consoles), they move ahead (PC)

Intel bought Project Offset Dev's which makes it a PC exclusive and it will probably dethrone Crysis in graphics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nvidia

As good as consoles are, they are so far behind the PC gaming experience that there is no comparison.

"In terms of raw processing power, the high-end PCs are at least three times more powerful."

Nvidia provides the graphics grunt for the PlayStation 3, while rival ATI provides the imaging hardware for the Xbox 360.

Mr Taylor points out that the latest graphics cards can draw twice as many pixels, twice the screen resolution, as a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

The latest games are employing DirectX 10 tools developed by Microsoft, which are used by developers to get the best out of the high-end and middle-range graphics cards.

Mr Taylor said the new tools and the new hardware had given developers a library of effects to play with.

Nvidia's latest high-end graphics cards, the 8800 series, can easily produce graphical effects that tax the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, such as motion blur, depth of field and volumetric smoke.

Playing Crysis with the screen resolution set at 1920x1200 with all effects switched up to very high and anti-aliasing turned on, the game is breathtaking to look at and puts consoles titles like Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 into the shade.

Mr Taylor said: "Fog, smoke or mist in games until now have been flat and don't respond to objects. Volumetric effects mean they are dynamic - a helicopter can now displace cloud or smoke, or a character can step through the fog realistically."

The PC is finally back up where it belongs," said Mr Diemer.

He added: "The innovation is happening on the PC; but that's always been the case."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there both right on the money, Gears of War maxed out 360 and MGS4 maxed out PS3 (576P) with downgrade, and the Wii is just an abomination,Mario Galaxy maxed out the Wii while still looking like a high end Xbox 1 game which is sad.

Painballz

Blah Blah Blah all i see is Graphics, i can enjoy games enough with GOW, Halo 3, Call of Duty, GTA and Bioshock graphics.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
They never directed anything toward console fans, they are just merely stating console are super limited and that PO is going to be PC exclusive as well as the PC has better graphics.. stuff we all know. Anyway I agree with the part that alot of innovation comes from the PC.. most of it actually but consoles should be put up there as well.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Of course they are going to say that, they are all about pumping out faster, newer, and expensive chipsets. That's fine with me, whatever technology they come out with today will be on the consoles 1-2 years from now. To bad games require more than good graphics to be good.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

Translation: Consoles are behind PC's in power.

We already know that, tell us something we don't know.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
In other news, who cares.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angelkimne

Well shoot, as others have said, I will now go out and sell my PS3, 360, Wii, DS, PSP, and all of the games I have for them. Seriously Paint, do you ever ever just get tired of being such a fan boy? Its getting somewhat ridiculous now...

AR

scoobiesnackarf

He seems to think you cant enjoy any games without a k/m,quad core CPU, 4gb Ram and atleast an 8800gt

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
hopefully this will produce some great pc graphics, of corse without good games its fruitless. i just wish they would concentrate on making games scale better or preform better on lower requirements,
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
On behalf of PC gamers everywhere I apologize. Now please move along, this stuff is months old.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Painballz

hopefully this will produce some great pc graphics, of corse without good games its fruitless. i just wish they would concentrate on making games scale better or preform better on lower requirements, thegoldenpoo

One of the many things the PCGA is working on

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jangojay

Of course they are going to say that, they are all about pumping out faster, newer, and expensive chipsets. That's fine with me, whatever technology they come out with today will be on the consoles 1-2 years from now. To bad games require more than good graphics to be good.DaBrainz

Gears of War? I mean if the game came out looking like Cod3 I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten such high ratings.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

Nvidia and Intel

Jethro Vegas has something to say to Intel and Nvidia:

Grand Theft Auto IV.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nagidar

Grand Theft Auto IV.

jethrovegas

That doesn't take away what the article is stating.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jangojay

[QUOTE="Nvidia and Intel"]

jethrovegas

Grand Theft Auto IV.

All GTAs have been on PC.. so..

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Painballz

I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.flazzle

PC has the most AAAE's so yea PC= Gameplay+Graphics

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 angelkimne

[QUOTE="flazzle"]I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.Painballz

Maybe thats because its existed for like 20+ years. Most of the AAA's are really old and have been outdone now

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jethrovegas
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

Grand Theft Auto IV.

Painballz

Will be on PC

But it isn't, and neither are tons of excellent, generation defining titles that are already out, like Dead Rising or games that are coming out soon, like Ninja Gaiden 2.

How can console gaming be such an inferior experience when the consoles have such great games available for them that aren't on PC?

the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts

Yes all in all PC is ahead of consoles in practically every aspect. They don't really compare but y do we keep comparing them?

I know PC is included in fact I spend alot of time defending it. But I prefer comparing and discusing games on systems(PC wins there too IMO) rather then the systems themselves AND features, the only two that are anything like each other is Ps3 and x360. Nearly every gen PC is alot diffrent (duh) and this gen nintendo is alot diffrent.

The only time pc should be metioned as a system is when someone spews out false info about it. (ex. Pc can't do HD or PC cost $3000 just to enjoy the lowest quailty experience)

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

Grand Theft Auto IV.

jethrovegas

Will be on PC

But it isn't, and neither are tons of excellent, generation defining titles that are already out, like Dead Rising or games that are coming out soon, like Ninja Gaiden 2.

How can console gaming be such an inferior experience when the consoles have such great games available for them that aren't on PC?

Dude Consoles always play catch up, PC has always been revolutionized each genre it steps it foot in.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jangojay
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

[QUOTE="flazzle"]I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.angelkimne

Maybe thats because its existed for like 20+ years. Most of the AAA's are really old and have been outdone now

It's still like that even if you count from the beginning of the 360s cycle :|

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

Grand Theft Auto IV.

jethrovegas

Will be on PC

Superior is a matter of opinion, but the fact is, PC's have the ability to do what consoles do, except they can do more and better than consoles.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Painballz
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"][QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

Grand Theft Auto IV.

Nagidar

Will be on PC

Superior is a matter of opinion, but the fact is, PC's have the ability to do what consoles do, except they can do more and better than consoles.

yes, i agree for an example multiplats on PC have mods, Custom maps, higher player counts etc.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="flazzle"]I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.Painballz

..PC gaming has been around longer than console gaming has :|

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 angelkimne
[QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="Painballz"]

[QUOTE="flazzle"]I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.jangojay

It's still like that even if you count from the beginning of the 360s cycle :|

Is it? Thanks for proving me wrong, i will be looking forward to that pc upgrade in July :D

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I have nothing against consoles, but I'll continue to prefer console gaming over pc gaming. Just a question Painballz, what do you have against consoles? I swear I see at least one thread a day from you about why consoles suck. If pc gaming is so great why aren't you doing that instead of constantly trying to convince others of pc's greatness?

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

[QUOTE="flazzle"]I'd care if i was a graphic whore. but instead im a gameplay whore.lawlessx

..PC gaming has been around longer than console gaming has :|

he meant this gen :| and its true btw
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jethrovegas

Dude Consoles alwaysplay catch up, PC has always been revolutionized each genre it steps it foot in.

Painballz

Is that a fact? Because in terms of the present, you are the ones who are playing the 6-12 months waiting game with titles like, oh say, GTA IV, a game that us poor, inferior, console goobers have been playing for a week.

And in terms of the past, consoles have shared just as much of the innovation pie as the PC, if not more, with Zelda I, Ocarina of Time, GTA III, Super Mario 64, and many other titles that "revolutionized" entire genres.

And in this generation there are tons of great games that are not available on PC, so how are consoles playing catch up again? Please, do tell.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Painballz
So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...Zero5000X
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

Dude Consoles alwaysplay catch up, PC has always been revolutionized each genre it steps it foot in.

jethrovegas

Is that a fact? Because in terms of the present, you are the ones who are playing the 6-12 months waiting game with titles like, oh say, GTA IV, a game that us poor, inferior, console goobers have been playing for a week.

And in terms of the past, consoles have shared just as much of the innovation pie as the PC, if not more, with Zelda I, Ocarina of Time, GTA III, Super Mario 64, and many other titles that "revolutionized" entire genres.

And in this generation there are tons of great games that are not available on PC, so how are consoles playing catch up again? Please, do tell.

Dude, I'll let the LONG list of AAA's on PC do the talking

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

Thats all up to each individual, do you buy the inferior console version now, or wait for the superior PC version later?

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
As far as graphics go, newer games on PC still have little appeal to me than console games, and the best graphics aren't going to help if the game itself is mediocre.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

That would be better than useless threads.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nagidar

As far as graphics go, newer games on PC still have little appeal to me than console games, and the best graphics aren't going to help if the game itself is mediocre.Supafly1

I agree 100% with this, but lets get one thing straight, how a game plays is up to the devs, not the PC itself.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jethrovegas
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

Spamming me with a bunch of AAA title names doesn't change anything.

You said consoles "always play catch up", and I said "O RLY" and provided evidence to show that consoles stand shoulder to shoulder with PC when it comes to games and innovation, and now all you can do is defend your original statement by pointing to critical scores for titles on the PC, something we weren't talking about in the first place?

Nice cop out. :|

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="Zero5000X"]So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...jethrovegas
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

You said consoles "always play catch up", and I said "O RLY" and provided evidence to show that consoles stand shoulder to shoulder with PC when it comes to games and innovation, and now all you can do is defend your original statement by pointing to critical scores for titles on the PC, something we weren't talking about in the first place?

PC's have higher standards than console games.

No PC game has ever gotten a 10 when many should have.

But on consoles games like Tony Hawk 3 get a 10/10

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="Zero5000X"]So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...jethrovegas
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

Consoles have different standards than PC's, its not a copout, its a FACT, games are scored based off of the platform it was made for, and power wise, consoles do play catch up to PC's.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"][QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="Zero5000X"]So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

PC's have higher standards than console games.

No PC game has ever gotten a 10 when many should have.

But on consoles games like Tony Hawk 3 get a 10/10

Selfownage much?

dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
High end PCs only 3 times powerful than the consoles ;). This is bad news for fanboys who say that "High end" PCs are 10-20 times powerful.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Painballz
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"][QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="Zero5000X"]So basically they are saying graphics are what makes games good...Nagidar
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

jethrovegas

Consoles have different standards than PC's, its not a copout, its a FACT, games are scored based off of the platform it was made for, and power wise, consoles do play catch up to PC's.

agreed

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jangojay

As far as graphics go, newer games on PC still have little appeal to me than console games, and the best graphics aren't going to help if the game itself is mediocre.Supafly1

I'll bring it up again.. Gears of War.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nagidar

High end PCs only 3 times powerful than the consoles ;). This is bad news for fanboys who say that "High end" PCs are 10-20 times powerful. dk_2007

"In terms of raw processing power, the high-end PCs are at least three times more powerful"

Read the bold.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts

Awesome!!!!

Now that you have proved it to me, I will sell my PS3, my HDTV, my stereo, my entertainment stand, my speakers, my controllers, my Blu-Ray movies, my DVD's, my PSP, my PSP games, my PSP case, and everything other than PC and PC games just because PC dominates allzorz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fail because this is an opinion argument at best.

Some like PC, some like consoles, it's nothing to lose sleep over if some people don't like your PC games.

RotaryRX7

But you cows always think that ps3 is better than a high end PC what happened now? not even the cell is going to save your weak hardware :lol: