In response to the general SEGA hate I've been seeing around here.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
In recent weeks I've noticed a lot of hate directed at SEGA, for whatever reason. People seem to think that SEGA is incapable of making a good game anymore, because there have been some sub-par Sonic games floating around. I don't necessarily care about review scores, but this is System Wars, and that seems to be how we decide things here. All of these games were published and/or developed by SEGA and its subsidiaries. The multiplatform games were only listed once, and the higher score was taken (for example, if a game has an A score for Xbox 360 and a B score for PC, the Xbox 360 version is listed in the A category and the B PC version is omitted). Only games released in the United States were listed. All games are from this console generation, and cover the PC, DS, PSP, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. The arcades, cell phones, XBLA, PSN, Virtual Console, and all games not yet released in the United States were omitted. Their status is determined by their Gamerankings scores, and all scores are rounded up to the nearest whole number (79.5 would round to AA, 79.0 would not). AA SEGA games: Virtua Fighter 5 Online Bleach: The Blade of Fate Condemned 2: Bloodshot Condemned: Criminal Origins Crush Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms Medieval II: Total War NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion SEGA Genesis Collection Sonic Rush Sonic Rush Adventure Total War: Eras Virtua Tennis 3 Virtua Tennis: World Tour Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005 Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 A SEGA games: Sonic and the Secret Rings Ghost Squad SEGA Superstars Tennis After Burner: Black Falcon Chromehounds Feel the Magic: XY/XX Full Auto Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer Rome: Total War Alexander SEGA Rally REVO Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz The Club The Rub Rabbits! Universe at War: Earth Assault Viking: Battle for Asgard B SEGA games: Armored Core 4 Charlotte's Web Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars Full Auto 2: Battlelines Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Phantasy Star Universe Puyo Pop Fever SEGA Bass Fishing Sonic Rivals Sonic Rivals 2 The House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return Remember how the Gamespot scale works: AA=Great A=Good B=Fair So, in total, SEGA looks like this so far this generation: 22 great games 15 good games 12 fair games SEGA has been nothing short of outstanding as a publisher and developer this generation. They are still a great asset to the video game industry, and I pity anyone who can't see that. People whine that their current games don't measure up to the standards set by the Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast. That may be true, but how many games actually do? Learn to measure a company's quality based on its own merits. They've put out some of the most original and innovative titles of any company this generation.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts

The problem with sega is that all those games (or msot of them atleast) were AAA+ games sometime, now they are all just average, besides look what happend to Sonic, pure bull**** now, and even worse.

Phantasy Star Universe, i cant believe they took ALL the PSO servers down for this horrible crap, so far all those classics that made sega awsome are now crappy games and the only one to blame is sega, i really cant wait to MS or anyone to buy Sega and put those IPs to good use.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 famicommander

The problem with sega is that all those games (or msot of them atleast) were AAA+ games sometime, now they are all just average, besides look what happend to Sonic, pure bull**** now, and even worse.

Phantasy Star Universe, i cant believe they took ALL the PSO servers down for this horrible crap, so far all those classics that made sega awsome are now crappy games and the only one to blame is sega, i really cant wait to MS or anyone to buy Sega and put those IPs to good use.

Kirlok
I'm just going to assume that you didn't read what I wrote, and instead just glanced at the list.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kirlok
[QUOTE="Kirlok"]

famicommander

I'm just going to assume that you didn't read what I wrote, and instead just glanced at the list.

I did.

And what i posted is true.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 famicommander
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="Kirlok"]

Kirlok

I did.

First of all, to say that most of those IPs were once AAA is ridiculous because most of those IPs are relatively new. Second, there are many more review sources now than there were in the days of the Saturn and Dreamcast, making it more difficult to obtain a cumulative AAA score. Third, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic and the Secret Rings are all quality titles. Fourth, which cIassic IPs would you be referring to that are now "crappy"?
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Some of those games weren't made by Sega they were just the publishers. Like Condemned games were developed by Monolith. Moolith has made games such as Blood and F.E.A.R. Or how Armored Core 4 is made by FROM Software.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

They have also made the most next gen games. At least as of like 2 months ago when I read that.

With that in mind how many games did they have below a B? Because Sonic for the PS3 is just plain bad.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 famicommander

Some of those games weren't made by Sega they were just the publishers. Like Condemned games were developed by Monolith. Moolith has made games such as Blood and F.E.A.R. Or how Armored Core 4 is made by FROM Software.

istreakforfood
I clearly listed that SEGA published and/or developed all of the games. I'm trying to highlight SEGA's contributions to the industry as a whole, not just their contributions as a developer (which are still impressive).
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 famicommander

They have also made the most next gen games. At least as of like 2 months ago when I read that.

With that in mind how many games did they have below a B? Because Sonic for the PS3 is just plain bad.

HarlockJC
There are probably 10 or so sub-B games, most of which are movie licenses developed by other studios and published by SEGA. And yeah; Sonic '06 was terrible.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kirlok
[QUOTE="Kirlok"][QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="Kirlok"]

famicommander

I did.

First of all, to say that most of those IPs were once AAA is ridiculous because most of those IPs are relatively new. Second, there are many more review sources now than there were in the days of the Saturn and Dreamcast, making it more difficult to obtain a cumulative AAA score. Third, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic and the Secret Rings are all quality titles. Fourth, which cIassic IPs would you be referring to that are now "crappy"?

No please play those games b4 commenting on them. Heres the list:

Sonic series= quality games? ROFL:lol:

Phantasy Star series = worst of all

Mario and Sonic = new low

And alot more that i havent played yet the reviews are low at best.

jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
That list is laughable. when you have to count B-titles you're getting desperate. I can't remember the last time someone counted and A title as a positive, let alone a B-title. Also; soccer manager 2005-2008? really?
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 famicommander

Kirlok
I've played every title SEGA has relased this generation. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure are two of the highest-rated third party DS games, as was Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii when it came out. Sonic Rush Adventure was even a nominee for 2007 platformer of the year. Phantasy Star Online isn't as good as the Dreamcast version, but it's certainly not a bad game. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games was good for what it tried to be. It is one of the best minigame compilations for the Wii, and certainly better than the likes of Mario Party 8, Carnival Games, WiiSports, WiiPlay, etc. If you don't like minigame compilations, that's fine. But Mario and Sonic is a well-made game.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kirlok
[QUOTE="Kirlok"]

famicommander

I've played every title SEGA has relased this generation. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure are two of the highest-rated third party DS games, as was Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii when it came out. Sonic Rush Adventure was even a nominee for 2007 platformer of the year. Phantasy Star Online isn't as good as the Dreamcast version, but it's certainly not a bad game. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games was good for what it tried to be. It is one of the best minigame compilations for the Wii, and certainly better than the likes of Mario Party 8, Carnival Games, WiiSports, WiiPlay, etc. If you don't like minigame compilations, that's fine. But Mario and Sonic is a well-made game.

Wow you must have -AAA standards to think like that.

Sorry but Sega sucks now.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 famicommander
[QUOTE="jack_russel"]That list is laughable. when you have to count B-titles you're getting desperate. I can't remember the last time someone counted and A title as a positive, let alone a B-title. Also; soccer manager 2005-2008? really?

Just read the Gamespot guidelines. It clearly says "good" and "fair" under scores of those ranges. I'm not trying to tell you that every game on that list is game of the year quality. But I am saying that there is certainly a good time to be had with many such titles, and to wish death upon a company that produces them is ludicrous.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

I love a lot of sega games, and of course, my blog banner is a sega text, love their consoles.

I can't believe someone said phantasy star sucks as a series, I mean, I-IV were fantastic, and PSO was fanstastic, PSU does kinda suck, but, so does XI you know?

Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kirlok

[QUOTE="jack_russel"]That list is laughable. when you have to count B-titles you're getting desperate. I can't remember the last time someone counted and A title as a positive, let alone a B-title. Also; soccer manager 2005-2008? really?famicommander
Just read the Gamespot guidelines. It clearly says "good" and "fair" under scores of those ranges. I'm not trying to tell you that every game on that list is game of the year quality. But I am saying that there is certainly a good time to be had with many such titles, and to wish death upon a company that produces them is ludicrous.

When you still play classics like PSO even today and then Sega takes a crap on their fans and names it PSU then there its when you realize how bad it is.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 famicommander

Wow you must have -AAA standards to think like that.

Sorry but Sega sucks now.

Kirlok
What's your basis for thinking that? Games in the 6.0-8.9 range are now unplayable?
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="jack_russel"]That list is laughable. when you have to count B-titles you're getting desperate. I can't remember the last time someone counted and A title as a positive, let alone a B-title. Also; soccer manager 2005-2008? really?Kirlok

When you still play classics like PSO even today and then Sega takes a crap on their fans and names it PSU then there its when you realize how bad it is.

How does a bad PS game subtract from the quality of titles like Medieval II and Virtua Fighter 5?
Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts
The only thing I'd like to see Sega do is give more important Roles to Tails and Knuckles in the Sonic series. IT sad to see how low they fallen. =(
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="jack_russel"]That list is laughable. when you have to count B-titles you're getting desperate. I can't remember the last time someone counted and A title as a positive, let alone a B-title. Also; soccer manager 2005-2008? really?

"good" doesn't cut it anymore. Most games that people are excited about are above "good" (read: average). Even games like Ninja Gaiden 2 (which got panned for it's terrible camera, lack of innovation, and cheap enemies) got an 8. Nobody wishes that sega would die, they just wish that their games would get better.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 famicommander
The only thing I'd like to see Sega do is give more important Roles to Tails and Knuckles in the Sonic series. IT sad to see how low they fallen. =( DragonQuestHero
I disagree. I think Sonic Heroes could've been great if Sonic wasn't weighed down by his friends.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I don't hate Sega. My favorite game series of all time is Shenmue. I just hate the Sega fanboys like Kevin Perrera on G4's Attack of the Show who are always attacking Nintendo. They are worse than Sony fanboys in that regard.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kirlok
[QUOTE="Kirlok"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="jack_russel"]That list is laughable. when you have to count B-titles you're getting desperate. I can't remember the last time someone counted and A title as a positive, let alone a B-title. Also; soccer manager 2005-2008? really?famicommander

How does a bad PS game subtract from the quality of titles like Medieval II and Virtua Fighter 5?

Because Phantasy Star Online has one of the biggest and most loyal fanbase of fans, just below diablo and wow etc.

Phantasy Star Online ep.1 and 2 + is my favorite game of all time and PSU is just mediocre at best when compares to its older bro.

Also sonic is depressing now. Not worth sacrificing those 2 for virtua fighter that btw wasnt even made by Sega.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 famicommander

Because Phantasy Star Online has one of the biggest and most loyal fanbase of fans, just below diablo and wow etc.

Phantasy Star Online ep.1 and 2 + is my favorite game of all time and PSU is just mediocre at best when compares to its older bro.

Also sonic is depressing now. Not worth sacrificing those 2 for virtua fighter that btw wasnt even made by Sega.

Kirlok
Please don't embarrass yourself any further. Virtua Fighter 5 was developed by SEGA AM-2 and published by SEGA Corporation. SEGA AM-2 is one of SEGA's largest and most established internal (that's right, INTERNAL) teams.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kirlok
[QUOTE="Kirlok"]

famicommander

Please don't embarrass yourself any further. Virtua Fighter 5 was developed by SEGA AM-2 and published by SEGA Corporation. SEGA AM-2 is one of SEGA's largest and most established internal (that's right, INTERNAL) teams.

My bad, still not worth sacrificing sonic and PSO for virtua fighter.

Fanboys like you are probably the reason why sega continues with the crappy sequels, you will just buy it anyway, even if its the worst game ever you will still force yourself think it average.

DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DragonQuestHero

[QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]The only thing I'd like to see Sega do is give more important Roles to Tails and Knuckles in the Sonic series. IT sad to see how low they fallen. =( famicommander
I disagree. I think Sonic Heroes could've been great if Sonic wasn't weighed down by his friends.

I did not like SOnic Heroes at all. I jsut want them to make a Soinc game, where I can play Tails and have him fo Super again like he does in the comics. Sega focusing to much on the hedgehogs and leaving there old classic characters in the dust. They need to make a game where Tails and Knuckles play a big role in the story. It boring just playing Soinc...

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Sega isnt such a third class developer as some people make it seem. I Liked Virtual Fighter and im looking forward to valkirie of the battlefield later this year so I agree with you partially famicommander :D
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 famicommander
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="Kirlok"]

Kirlok

My bad, still not worth sacrificing sonic and PSO for virtua fighter.

Fanboys like you are probably the reason why sega continues with the crappy sequels, you will just buy it anyway, even if its the worst game ever you will still force yourself think it average.

That's ridiculous. You don't see me here defending Sonic '06 or The Golden Compass, because those are genuinely bad games. I am completely able and willing to recognize when SEGA makes a bad game. I don't buy games that I think are bad. And what about the part where Sonic Rush Adventure was nominated for platformer of the year 2007, and took second place to Super Mario Galaxy? SEGA is still around because they produce a steady stream of quality titles. Did you even see the list of AA games (which, by the way, was longer than the list of A and B games)?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]The only thing I'd like to see Sega do is give more important Roles to Tails and Knuckles in the Sonic series. IT sad to see how low they fallen. =( DragonQuestHero

I did not like SOnic Heroes at all. I jsut want them to make a Soinc game, where I can play Tails and have him fo Super again like he does in the comics. Sega focusing to much on the hedgehogs and leaving there old classic characters in the dust. They need to make a game where Tails and Knuckles play a big role in the story. It boring just playing Soinc...

I am sure if Shadow would have done better they may have. I did not think Sonic Heroes was that bad of a game "Never completed it." But I did watch my son do so, at least I think it was Sonic Heroes it was a long time ago.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 famicommander
Sega isnt such a third class developer as some people make it seem. I Liked Virtual Fighter and im looking forward to valkirie of the battlefield later this year so I agree with you partially famicommander :DAgentA-Mi6
Good to see that someone actually takes the time to play games from a developer before passing judgment on it.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Sega has completely sucked since the Dreamcast died. Why even try?
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 famicommander
Sega has completely sucked since the Dreamcast died. Why even try?Lazy_Boy88
Did you even read the list of AA games they've developed and published this generation?
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonQuestHero
[QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]The only thing I'd like to see Sega do is give more important Roles to Tails and Knuckles in the Sonic series. IT sad to see how low they fallen. =( HarlockJC

I am sure if Shadow would have done better they may have. I did not think Sonic Heroes was that bad of a game "Never completed it." But I did watch my son do so, at least I think it was Sonic Heroes it was a long time ago.

It was nice that Tails and Knuckles at least did something in Heroes. I hate how in Sonic Rush they made Tails a cheerleader instead of having him follow SOinc like he would do. It sounds like in Soinc Unleashed there not goign to be doing anything...again. The reason I bet they put them in there jsut so they make there fans of them characters happy. =( Still...it would be great to see a Tails game....not one they put on a handheld that was a failure. I could have seen that game working out really well, if it was a a stronger system with more support. The game fet Tails character and also gave a different gaming experence, so it did not feel like a Soinc game just with Tails. It felt like a game that was done around Tails character.

Segaswirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Segaswirl1
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts
I don't know how anyone could "hate" Sega. Alot of their new stuff is pretty good... and i'm really looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines. Even if you don't like the Sega of today there is always Sonic 1 & 2 and Streets of Rage 2 on the Xbox Live Arcade. :P
jmorey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 jmorey01
Member since 2004 • 2637 Posts

SEGA has always been a fantastic developer, every famous franchise that has gone on for a respectable amount of time (Mario, Sonic) has had bad games, but both have had superb games as well.

I agree 110% with you Famicommander.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 famicommander

SEGA has always been a fantastic developer, every famous franchise that has gone on for a respectable amount of time (Mario, Sonic) has had bad games, but both have had superb games as well.

I agree 110% with you Famicommander.

jmorey01
You're mah bestest friend, Wyatt.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Sega has some games that looks pretty cool coming out. I don't really buy a lot of Sega games but when I do end up buying a Sega game it doesn't disappoint me(I got high hopes for Valkyria Chronicles.)
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks that SEGA was ALWAYS a bad developer?

2D sonics were ahead of their time... as in... they should not have tried to make a super fast platformer when you can't see what's coming up ahead. There was no skills in performing well the first time through, what one had to do was memorize the levels. Despite of this... the games were easy... why? they played themselves.

3D sonics... god i only bothered with the first 2 adventure games, apparently the best ones... they are so unpolished and awkward. Again, most of it plays itself.

PSO was alright... when it was free to play online. it is not worth any fee

Original Phantasy star games were no were near as good as any square or enix rpg.

The one game I they have done well was F-Zero GX. Not only was it good, it was a better F-Zero game then Nintendo has ever made. I hope the same team is working on the Wii version.

WTF is with this spellcheck on these boards?!?!? Microsoft and Sony are known words but Nintendo is not?!?!

FloWeN-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FloWeN-UK
Member since 2004 • 693 Posts

Regardless of what most of the games scored on that list. I think most of those games are average at best. Nothing special in that list what so ever. If Sega keep churning out all these average games, then as far as I'm concerned they deserve all the hate.

It's the Sonic games that get the most attention anyway. Not there other shoddy games. If they can't even deliver a great Sonic game then they fail. Sonic's there mascot for crying out loud. Btw the sonic rush games are total crap compared to the Sega Mega Drive ones which where a 100 times better. I'm uncertain about Sonic Unleashed, it looks more like the Sonic Rush games where you have basically run through everything with hardly any platforming elements.

-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
This thread reminds me to buy Virtua Fighter.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
SEGA's just not what they used to be. Sad......Effort.....Gaming.....Associates
komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 komdosina
Member since 2003 • 4972 Posts
The response of most posters here shows that preception rather the logic or reality is the rule for so called gamers. Seriously those scores from those game are pretty good, but I guess people here don't buy less then GS 9.0 games :roll:.
komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 komdosina
Member since 2003 • 4972 Posts

In recent weeks I've noticed a lot of hate directed at SEGA, for whatever reason. People seem to think that SEGA is incapable of making a good game anymore, because there have been some sub-par Sonic games floating around. I don't necessarily care about review scores, but this is System Wars, and that seems to be how we decide things here. All of these games were published and/or developed by SEGA and its subsidiaries. The multiplatform games were only listed once, and the higher score was taken (for example, if a game has an A score for Xbox 360 and a B score for PC, the Xbox 360 version is listed in the A category and the B PC version is omitted). Only games released in the United States were listed. All games are from this console generation, and cover the PC, DS, PSP, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. The arcades, cell phones, XBLA, PSN, Virtual Console, and all games not yet released in the United States were omitted. Their status is determined by their Gamerankings scores, and all scores are rounded up to the nearest whole number (79.5 would round to AA, 79.0 would not). AA SEGA games: Virtua Fighter 5 Online Bleach: The Blade of Fate Condemned 2: Bloodshot Condemned: Criminal Origins Crush Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms Medieval II: Total War NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion SEGA Genesis Collection Sonic Rush Sonic Rush Adventure Total War: Eras Virtua Tennis 3 Virtua Tennis: World Tour Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005 Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 A SEGA games: Sonic and the Secret Rings Ghost Squad SEGA Superstars Tennis After Burner: Black Falcon Chromehounds Feel the Magic: XY/XX Full Auto Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer Rome: Total War Alexander SEGA Rally REVO Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz The Club The Rub Rabbits! Universe at War: Earth Assault Viking: Battle for Asgard B SEGA games: Armored Core 4 Charlotte's Web Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars Full Auto 2: Battlelines Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Phantasy Star Universe Puyo Pop Fever SEGA Bass Fishing Sonic Rivals Sonic Rivals 2 The House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return Remember how the Gamespot scale works: AA=Great A=Good B=Fair So, in total, SEGA looks like this so far this generation: 22 great games 15 good games 12 fair games SEGA has been nothing short of outstanding as a publisher and developer this generation. They are still a great asset to the video game industry, and I pity anyone who can't see that. People whine that their current games don't measure up to the standards set by the Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast. That may be true, but how many games actually do? Learn to measure a company's quality based on its own merits. They've put out some of the most original and innovative titles of any company this generation.famicommander

Nice, may i just remind you that Super Monkey Ball: Banna Blits got 8.3 here in GS therefore AA. I just thought I mentioned that to you. Oh and JSFR and Panzer Dragoon Orta are still some of the best post-Dreamcast Sega games out there.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
This may sound kinda strange but I'm starting to get off on all this SEGA hate. I like it.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

IMNSHO, I have been a SEGA fan much longer then most and will first say, SEGA has been sick for about a decade.

What would cure this illness ?

Stop being stubborn and become a first party dev for MS where loads & loads of dev. funding and twenty first century gaming expertise will put SEGA back in their rightful place.

At the top of the gaming food chain ! :D

Then and only then can I ever hope to ever finish the Story & Adventure of:

Shenmue Picture

PS: Whoever made the comment of:

SEGA never should have shut down the PSO servers in favor of PSU was absolutely correct.

Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kirlok

The response of most posters here shows that preception rather the logic or reality is the rule for so called gamers. Seriously those scores from those game are pretty good, but I guess people here don't buy less then GS 9.0 games :roll:.komdosina

Fail, the average sega games score before they started to suck was AAA. So yea it could be.

Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kirlok

IMNSHO, I have been a SEGA fan much longer then most and will first say, SEGA has been sick for about a decade.

What would cure this illness ?

Stop being stubborn and become a first party dev for MS where loads & loads of dev. funding and twenty first century gaming expertise will put SEGA back in their rightful place.

At the top of the gaming food chain ! :D

Then and only then can I ever hope to ever finish the Story & Adventure of:

Shenmue Picture

PS: Whoever made the comment of:

SEGA never should have shut down the PSO servers in favor of PSU was absolutely correct.

SecretPolice

I cant believe i still play PSO on my wii, i hope someone comes up with a patch to play PSO online on private servers. DAW WIFI!

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Sega suck.
WhoaNellie32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WhoaNellie32
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts

Please don't embarrass yourself any further with your ridiculous amount of SEGA knowledge. Thats a title to be proud of....

And you even stated earlier you had played every single one of those games and can vouch for their quality.... Do you just play SEGA games? That was quite a long list... Go out, smell the breeze, run your hand along the top of a wheat field, play on a tire swing, go to a baseball game... find a balance. Such a devoted, fervent thread topic and hubris of your rebuttals on behalf of a sub-par game company can't be healthy...

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

The main problem is that SEGA was NEVER as great a game developer as people have turned them into over time. And now that SEGA is doing what they've always done, people are slowly coming to grips with the reality that maybe the legend is really just a myth...and not everything SEGA put out was AAA or AAAA.

On the other hand, people here complain about lazy devs and short games and poor ports. And SEGA was one of the companies that started this trend last gen. They rushed many of their games onto console with only 6 months development time resulting in sub-ar graphics (VF) and then released a 2.0 version later on with improved graphics AND added characters. They mastered the art of releasing 4 or 5 hour games that could be beaten in a single rental. But people sucked it up and loved it last gen because they were still living within the myth.