In 2008 PS3 will have.. FFXIII, Gran Turismo, Jak and Socom. 360 will have...

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ahammer80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ahammer80
Member since 2007 • 325 Posts

Nothing announced at the moment for 360. What im trying to say is, after Halo 3, forza, mass effect ETC comes out this year, I think we wont be seeing that much more coming from MS. I mean you would think if they really had some AMAZING titles in the works for 08 they would have already announced them. I mean Gears was announced MONTHS before even the 360 launched.

Oh and even IF Final Fantasy XIII goes multiplat. Socom and Gran Turismo are enough to make PS3s fly off shelves and not including all the great 07 games such as lair, heavenly sword, Warhawk, MGS4 and killzone, throw Gran turismo and socom into the mix along with uncharted and you have Sony dominating 08. I mean dont get me wrong, MS might have a coupole titles worth picking up in 08 but its like phil harrison said, MS bases the 360 of just one franchise and thats Halo, after halo then what?!

And you cant say "its to early to tell" because like I said Gears was shown at E3 2005, 2 years before the game even came out, trust me if MS had another groundbreaking game in the works like gears for 2008. they would have announced it by now. Sure Gears 2 is coming out, but probably not until 09

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

"I think we wont be seeing that much more coming from MS. I mean you would think if they really had some AMAZING titles in the works for 08 they would have already announced them."

thats what E3 and X7 are for. 

l_The_DetoX_l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 l_The_DetoX_l
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Nothing announced at the moment for 360. What im trying to say is, after Halo 3, forza, mass effect ETC comes out this year, I think we wont be seeing that much more coming from MS. I mean you would think if they really had some AMAZING titles in the works for 08 they would have already announced them. I mean Gears was announced MONTHS before even the 360 launched.

Oh and even IF Final Fantasy XIII goes multiplat. Socom and Gran Turismo are enough to make PS3s fly off shelves and not including all the great 07 games such as lair, heavenly sword, Warhawk, MGS4 and killzone, throw Gran turismo and socom into the mix along with uncharted and you have Sony dominating 08. I mean dont get me wrong, MS might have a coupole titles worth picking up in 08 but its like phil harrison said, MS bases the 360 of just one franchise and thats Halo, after halo then what?!

And you cant say "its to early to tell" because like I said Gears was shown at E3 2005, 2 years before the game even came out, trust me if MS had another groundbreaking game in the works like gears for 2008. they would have announced it by now. Sure Gears 2 is coming out, but probably not until 09

Ahammer80

That sounds horribly untrue, well the last part. What makes you think that they won't announce another Gears this year? 

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts
360 will have the lead in 2008 - and thats what is important
Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
lol i think by THIS years end microsft will have enough to last through 2008. no waiting too long like the ps3
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
E3 2007 and X07, hugh game lineups are always shown at press events to get peoples attention.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Wow, with that logic then what does sony have for 2009 :roll:
thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

Hm... hm.... wait wait I can guess this...

Um.......

Banjo kazooie 3 and Alan Wake.....

ew. 

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
:lol: Because the 360 is focused on the good games coming this year.......unlike the PS3 which is focusing on the next (I mean, you implied it yourself).
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Wow, with that logic then what does sony have for 2009 :roll:Led_poison

:lol:

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#11 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

:lol: Because the 360 is focused on the good games coming this year.......unlike the PS3 which is focusing on the next (I mean, you implied it yourself).Tulak_Hord

Exactly, I'll be playing good games on my 360 this year, while waiting for more good games next year...

PS3 owners will be waiting for good games next year. 

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darth_Stalin
Besides, announcing titles too much in the future can steal the thunder of the title coming sooner. MS won't be asleep.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts

What is the Wii going to release in 2010!?

TSHBO!!1Q11!q11!! 

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Stalin

By the way, nice self-ownage there, TC.

/Thread. 

Cazzidy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cazzidy_basic
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

THINK ABOUT THE PRESENT PS3 fans!!!!!!!!

BUT TEH e3, BUT TEH DECEMBER

BUH TEH 07 march

BUT TEH JUNEZ LAIR etc..

NOW TEH 2008 SERiously stop this trend PS3 fanatics

superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 superkoolstud
Member since 2004 • 2800 Posts

Ahammer80

Socom ain't that Great. GRAW eats it alive as does Rainbow Six. 

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SemiMaster

TSHBO!!1Q11!q11!!

duncanvk

Um... "Wait for it?" 

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Some of those will probably hit in 2009.

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

Besides, announcing titles too much in the future can steal the thunder of the title coming sooner. MS won't be asleep. Tulak_Hord
That doesn't make any sense at all. You should always have one title to look forward to in the future at least a year. That's why they announced a new zelda is coming to the wii, and other various games.

SquareEnix announcing a new FF MMO isn't going to steal thunder from FFXIII, in fact, it makes people hyped, and ready to suuport that respective studios games.

And to SemiMaster PS3 has Rachet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Lair, and other various good games coming this year. Don't worry about your poor 360, I'm sure you'll get games for it. Just hope and pray they're actually good. We don't need to see another repeat of 99 Nights.

Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
oh yea and microsoft dosen't want to fill you with too much hope for 2008 just to let you down. thats why its actually focusing on what it can do now. all ps3 has is a bunch of promises
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanvk"]

TSHBO!!1Q11!q11!!

SemiMaster

Um... "Wait for it?"

Why wait for it then when I could speculate it now? My crystal ball is getting dusty, it's hard being such a fanboy.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SemiMaster

[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"]Besides, announcing titles too much in the future can steal the thunder of the title coming sooner. MS won't be asleep. thedarkomen

That doesn't make any sense at all. You should always have one title to look forward to in the future at least a year. That's why they announced a new zelda is coming to the wii, and other various games.

SquareEnix announcing a new FF MMO isn't going to steal thunder from FFXIII, in fact, it makes people hyped, and ready to suuport that respective studios games.

And to SemiMaster PS3 has Rachet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Lair, and other various good games coming this year. Don't worry about your poor 360, I'm sure you'll get games for it. Just hope and pray they're actually good. We don't need to see another repeat of 99 Nights.

Indeed, we also don't need anymore Motorstorms, Gundams or Genji's either. 

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

Ahammer80

Now this is getting just ridiculous..COME OOOOON, now ur refrencing 2008 to bash the 360? even if somehow all 360 games were shut down in 2008 i would STILL have more fun playing...

-Mass Effect

-Forza 2

-Alan Wake

-Bioshock

-DMC4

-Lost Oddysse

-Blue Dragon

-Halo 3

-Halo Wars

-Banjo Kazooie (might be out for 2008)

-Rainbow Six

-Still would be playing clan matches for Gears of War

-All the sports games

-Too Human

-GTA 4 

I know some of those are multiplats like DMC and GTA, but just showing why who cares about 2008, its 2007, the WAITSTATION 3 legacy continues 

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Darth_Stalin

[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"]Besides, announcing titles too much in the future can steal the thunder of the title coming sooner. MS won't be asleep. thedarkomen

Yes, it can. for example, if Tecmo were to announced NG2 early do you think people would have cared about the games that were to come in between. Timing of your announcements can be essential, if S-E were to announce an FF7 remake, it can steal FF13's thunder. Besides, a game can only be hyped for so long, after a while some people might stop caring about a specific game that got announced way back when.

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ultimas_Blade
Member since 2004 • 3671 Posts
Shouldn't Halo Wars be ready around 2008?  That doesn't matter anyway, at least I won't be waiting to be handed scraps.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="Ahammer80"]

superkoolstud

... :lol: Have you even played any of the SOCOM games? SOCOM is the best tactical shooter there is. Actually, just the fact that SOCOM is a third person shooter, while GRAW and R6 are First person shooters makes SOCOM better just off of that. Third person is much, much, MUCH better for tactile shooters than first person. And if you want to bring in all the other aspects of a tactile shooter, SOCOM excels in them all.

superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 superkoolstud
[QUOTE="superkoolstud"][QUOTE="Ahammer80"]

Not-A-Stalker

... :lol Have you even played any of the SOCOM games? SOCOM is the best tactical shooter there is. Actually, just the fact that SOCOM is a third person shooter, while GRAW and R6 are First person shooters makes SOCOM better just off of that. Third person is much, much, MUCH better for tactile shooters than first person. And if you want to bring in all the other aspects of a tactile shooter, SOCOM excels in them all.

I have Socom 1&2 and beat both. GRAW and Rainbow Six are both vastly superior. 

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

Shouldn't Halo Wars be ready around 2008? That doesn't matter anyway, at least I won't be waiting to be handed scraps.Ultimas_Blade

Fable 2 in 2008. I don't think NG2 will make 2007 And DoA 5 will probably make late 2008. 

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
HOW ABOUT....

we wait 'till 2008 to roll on by.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"][QUOTE="superkoolstud"][QUOTE="Ahammer80"]

superkoolstud

... :lol Have you even played any of the SOCOM games? SOCOM is the best tactical shooter there is. Actually, just the fact that SOCOM is a third person shooter, while GRAW and R6 are First person shooters makes SOCOM better just off of that. Third person is much, much, MUCH better for tactile shooters than first person. And if you want to bring in all the other aspects of a tactile shooter, SOCOM excels in them all.

Well ok I guess you're entitled to an opinion. But if a person is ever looking for a tactical shooter, I would reconmend SOCOM 8 days a week over GRAW and R6. 

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
With that logic, none of the systems will have any games after 2008. :| Let's wait until we're a little closer to '08, shall we?
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Alan Wake, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, DoA 5. Add more games as they're announced and you've got happy gamers, thread fails.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts

"I think we wont be seeing that much more coming from MS. I mean you would think if they really had some AMAZING titles in the works for 08 they would have already announced them."

thats what E3 and X7 are for.

lawlessx

i applaud the fact that somebody is at least using their brain.  

superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 superkoolstud
[QUOTE="superkoolstud"][QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"][QUOTE="superkoolstud"][QUOTE="Ahammer80"]

Not-A-Stalker

Well ok I guess you're entitled to an opinion. But if a person is ever looking for a tactical shooter, I would reconmend SOCOM 8 days a week over GRAW and R6.

The only cool thing about Socom is the bigger list of voice commands. I would have bought Socom 3 but I developed an Accent and the PS2 couldn't recognize my pronounciations.

Areola54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Areola54
Member since 2006 • 1827 Posts

it's sad that you cows have to think about 2008 for good games. really how long have you guys been waiting? since 2005 :lol:

just wasted 3 years for nothing. who really getting owned here? 

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ultimas_Blade

[QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"]Shouldn't Halo Wars be ready around 2008? That doesn't matter anyway, at least I won't be waiting to be handed scraps.waynehead895

Fable 2 in 2008. I don't think NG2 will make 2007 And DoA 5 will probably make late 2008. 

True. And probably by the start of 2008 there will be a few more exclusives gone multiplat just to pad the list...
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts

You're so totally right. And if the PS3 actually had any good games coming out in 2009, they would have TOTALLY announced them by now too. After all it totally takes like 2-3 years to make a game now. So I guess that sucks for people who bought a PS3 since no games are coming out :-(

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Ahammer80

Look for the ps3 to start selling like crazy for the holidays, because by then all the big hitters will be out and the slow sales in japan and the u.s will pick up like crazy.

McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 McCool69
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

What im trying to say is, after Halo 3, forza, mass effect ETC comes out this year, I think we wont be seeing that much more coming from MS. I mean you would think if they really had some AMAZING titles in the works for 08 they would have already announced them.Ahammer80

They already have a killer summer/late year lineup with Halo 3, Forza 2, Mass Effect, GTA4 and Project Gotham Racing 4 being just a handful of the great titles released in 2007.

No need for focusing on 2008 and beyond yet - there's lots to come in the next half year. I fully understand why Sony/PS3 does it though; they won't even have a decent racing sim until late 2008 or even 2009,so the old 'just wait and see'-game is all they can do.

But hey; if you want to wait another year for good games, so be my guest. By then I have been having fun with my 360 for over 2,5 years already...

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
lets see... Banjo 3, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Jackson Halo Project, Alan Wake, PGR4 (although, its been stated to have a fall 07 release)
superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 superkoolstud
[QUOTE="Ahammer80"]

squallff8_fan

Look for the ps3 to start selling like crazy for the holidays, because by then all the big hitters will be out and the slow sales in japan and the u.s will pick up like crazy.

It didn't sell like crazy laste holiday season and it won't sell like crazy this Holiday season. $600 is too much money for any gaming console. 

Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
First worry about 2007 many titles can be announced from now to the end of the year for all we know developers can be annocing 14 new titles in e3 coming for 2008 to the 360 anything can happen. Just first care about 2007 and then when we get by the end of the year then we can talk about 2008 line up.
d3thm0nkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 d3thm0nkey
Member since 2006 • 615 Posts

Ahammer80

Alan Wake, Fable 2?

MantiCore2K8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MantiCore2K8
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts
They're not just going to stop making games for a console.  At least, not in this point in time for the "big three"
nhpb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nhpb
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts

360 will have the lead in 2008 - and thats what is importantvickissv2

Nice facts to back up your statement. 

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ultimas_Blade

[QUOTE="vickissv2"]360 will have the lead in 2008 - and thats what is importantnhpb

Nice facts to back up your statement. 

What do you want him to say?  With all the games coming out for the 360, what makes you think the PS3 or Wii can just slip ahead? 

The Wii IMO will only come within a million at best of the 360 lead, and that is a very big stretch.

BTW your counter arguement was no better than in the way of 'facts'.

El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
Fable 2?
frans636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 frans636
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
[QUOTE="superkoolstud"][QUOTE="Ahammer80"]

Not-A-Stalker

... :lol: Have you even played any of the SOCOM games? SOCOM is the best tactical shooter there is. Actually, just the fact that SOCOM is a third person shooter, while GRAW and R6 are First person shooters makes SOCOM better just off of that. Third person is much, much, MUCH better for tactile shooters than first person. And if you want to bring in all the other aspects of a tactile shooter, SOCOM excels in them all.

GRAW is third person  :|

dysturbed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dysturbed
Member since 2004 • 609 Posts
How long did we have to wait for the first trailer of GTA 4...and when is it releasing exactly?...yah i think its probably under a year there...Besides what about Huxley...or is that on ps too?