I'm worried about Final Fantasy XIII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hm360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hm360
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

With the new trailers that were released a few days ago about FFXIII and FFvsXIII I thought that both the games looked stunning. All the characters look really amazing, but especially Lightning. She has a sort of 'coolness' about her.

My worry is that she'll be spoiled by some bad voice acting. In my opinion, that could hit Lightning significantly.

I really am looking forward to these games, don't get me wrong. This has just been lurking at the back of my mind the whole time.

Your thoughts?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Im more worried about the game story line. I hope its not another "I must save the world" story line...I've had enough of those, I want a more personal one.
mubarakibnumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mubarakibnumar
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts
Im more worried about the game story line. I hope its not another "I must save the world" story line...I've had enough of those, I want a more personal one.II_Seraphim_II
Yeaah riight and sony is gonna announce a $200 price cut for the ps3 2moro.
red0584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 red0584
Member since 2008 • 4040 Posts
Bad voice acting could spoil it, but the gameplay and story are all I really care about.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
i guess im the only one that noticed unoriginal looking characters, awh well.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
well Sarah Silvermen is her VO so its gonna be awesome!
mubarakibnumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mubarakibnumar
i guess im the only one that noticed unoriginal looking characters, awh well. Rahnyc4
Not only that im more worried about the games length
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Im more worried about the game story line. I hope its not another "I must save the world" story line...I've had enough of those, I want a more personal one.mubarakibnumar

damn...always gotta come in an cut down a brothers dreams :cry: :P
mubarakibnumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mubarakibnumar
[QUOTE="mubarakibnumar"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Im more worried about the game story line. I hope its not another "I must save the world" story line...I've had enough of those, I want a more personal one.II_Seraphim_II

Well some people like the storys in ff games...personally i think they suck and with Nomura leading this project expect another ff7 like concucsion , after all lightning is a female version of Cloud.
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts
I actually lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII, not only is that a ps3 exclusive but it's developed by the FFVII compilation and Kingdom Hearts team, it's an action RPG though.. But from that recent trailer.. The game just seems more mature and FFVII type.. I love the main character and the music OH GAWD!:P
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="mubarakibnumar"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="mubarakibnumar"] Yeaah riight and sony is gonna announce a $200 price cut for the ps3 2moro.

Well some people like the storys in ff games...personally i think they suck and with Nomura leading this project expect another ff7 like concucsion , after all lightning is a female version of Cloud.

I thought Nomura was leading Versus XIII, not XIII.
sebastieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 sebastieon
Member since 2008 • 119 Posts

well Sarah Silvermen is her VO so its gonna be awesome! LibertySaint

GOD tell me your kidding she isnt actually going to be doing her vo is she.

shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 shemrom
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

The only thing i worry about is being lost in another world ways away from the reality we live in now playing this game on the 360. :-)

Finally get my first chance to play and complete a Final Fantasy game, beside the Tacitcs one for the Game Boy a few years back

mubarakibnumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mubarakibnumar
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="mubarakibnumar"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] damn...always gotta come in an cut down a brothers dreams :cry: :P

I thought Nomura was leading Versus XIII, not XIII.

Ma bad the game is directed by Motomu Toriyama(FFX-2) but it features nomuras designs...well i think this just confirms that ff13 wount be as good as ff13VS considering the director of ffx-2 is directing this game. The only saving grace of ff13 is that it is being produced by yoshinari kitase(Chrono trigger,ff6, etc).
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
The only thing I'm worried about is the dev time. This game is taking way to long to come out. It could potentially be the most expensive game ever made. :P
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
ye, i agree. i'm also glad they went with a 100% girl this time rather than a really really girly guy.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
Im more worried about the game story line. I hope its not another "I must save the world" story line...I've had enough of those, I want a more personal one.II_Seraphim_II
As long as its nothing like FFXII where the main charracter doesn't realy have any role in the story at all. Give me a FFVIII like story.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

I actually lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII, not only is that a ps3 exclusive but it's developed by the FFVII compilation and Kingdom Hearts team, it's an action RPG though.. But from that recent trailer.. The game just seems more mature and FFVII type.. I love the main character and the music OH GAWD!:Psanim02

That is a pathetic reason to like a game more, shows how serious people should take your posts from here on out.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]I actually lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII, not only is that a ps3 exclusive but it's developed by the FFVII compilation and Kingdom Hearts team, it's an action RPG though.. But from that recent trailer.. The game just seems more mature and FFVII type.. I love the main character and the music OH GAWD!:Pspinecaton

That is a pathetic reason to like a game more, shows how serious people should take your posts from here on out.

How is that pathetic ? :|

Exclusives are more often than not of higher quality than most games, because they are optimised for the console its on. That's a COMPL:ETELY valid reason.

skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts
i am worried about the battle system,since we havent seen battle gameplay yet......plz be atb turned based and not the crappy autoplay xii was.also no random encounters is bad for me too,i love the random battles,
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
i WOULD'ENT worry about Lightning, Nomaru whatever said he's giving her the same type of personality as Cloud which is a good thing to me.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamer4Iife

i WOULD'ENT worry about Lightning, Nomaru whatever said he's giving her the same type of personality as Cloud which is a good thing to me. CoreoVII

He's talking about her voice-actress, not personality.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#23 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Im more worried about the game story line. I hope its not another "I must save the world" story line...I've had enough of those, I want a more personal one.trasherhead
As long as its nothing like FFXII where the main charracter doesn't realy have any role in the story at all. Give me a FFVIII like story.

The story is probably the only thing I disliked about Final Fantasy XII. Its not that the story was bad, but I wanted it more on a personal level like Seraphim said. If Final Fantasy XIII does this, it could possibly take the cake of being my favorite game. Or if Final Fantasy Versus XIII has a mature plot-line with action akin to Kingdom Hearts but deeper and more difficult, that has the chance of taking it as well.

I have such high hopes for both of these titles, and I honestly think both have the potential to be incredible.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Only thing im worried about is FF Versus. Im worried it will have the same boring combat that ruined KH for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="sanim02"]I actually lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII, not only is that a ps3 exclusive but it's developed by the FFVII compilation and Kingdom Hearts team, it's an action RPG though.. But from that recent trailer.. The game just seems more mature and FFVII type.. I love the main character and the music OH GAWD!:PGamer4Iife

Exclusives are more often than not of higher quality than most games, because they are optimised for the console its on. That's a COMPL:ETELY valid reason.

Like Haze, Lair, and Too Human?
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gamer4Iife
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"][QUOTE="spinecaton"]

Aljosa23

Exclusives are more often than not of higher quality than most games, because they are optimised for the console its on. That's a COMPLETELY valid reason.

Like Haze, Lair, and Too Human?

"More often than not" - Do you know what that means ? :| Obviously, just because it's exclusive does not automatically make it a high-quality game.

I was thinking more along the lines of Gears of War 1 and 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles and all the awesome exclusives of the previous generations.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 II_Seraphim_II
Only thing im worried about is FF Versus. Im worried it will have the same boring combat that ruined KH for me.-DrRobotnik-
KH1 was awesome, KH2 was boring. I know the combat is basically the same, but by the time KH2 came out, it had gotten pretty stale :? Im hoping they can have an Action RPG fighting system to Versus, but more exciting. Maybe something like the God of War/ Ninja Gaiden/ DMC fighting system, but input a chance to miss and the enemy to block/parry and all that according to your stats/gear. And if you want to do some of the more complex attacks, you press a button that stops (or maybe slows the game down, for sum more difficulty) and you have to pick the skill you want to use. So lets say you want to do the crazy "jump over the enemy's head and shoot him" finisher. You have to actually jump, and at the right time press the "slow down" button. When that button is pressed a menu comes up and you have to select the skill you want and a moving bar appears. You have to press X at the right time (when the bar is full) to achieve maximum damage (anything below 50% full causes the skill to fail) and all this must be done before your character (who is moving in slow-mo) lands from his jump or crosses the sweet spot of the jump where you can pull of the move. Is this system perfect? No, but atleast its different :P
ace52387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ace52387
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

Depending on what you mean, either all FF's have this same story line and you should look elsewhere, or most FF's don't have this storyline, and XIII won't be an exception.

FF's always boil down to saving a planet/nation/population. Always. On the other hand, None of the main characters ever think they're going to save the world from the Getgo, and they each have some personal motivations that spiral them down the inevitable path to saving the world.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
Bad voice acting is a part of the game but no way is it the deciding factor of how great a game it is. To me the gameplay is the most important factor and without it the game gets really boring really fast. Another important component is the story or narrative of the game, with this the game keeps you hook on it to continue playing it.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="sanim02"]I actually lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII, not only is that a ps3 exclusive but it's developed by the FFVII compilation and Kingdom Hearts team, it's an action RPG though.. But from that recent trailer.. The game just seems more mature and FFVII type.. I love the main character and the music OH GAWD!:PGamer4Iife

Not the way he validated it, he lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII because it is exclusive. Seems like a pathetic reason to lose interest in a game just for going multiplat.

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
I really hope they pick up the Final Fantasy series again. If their fasting selling title and game came out in 1999 you know there is something wrong here with the newer ones. I hope they actually go to the roots of the Final Fantasy series with a story line that is compelling and unoriginal. FF7 was great the first time, but to play clones over and over again is actually hurting the name. I hope for the best of the FF13 and FFV13. I do like the approach of FFV13 because Tetsuya Nomura stated the game will combine fantasy and realism just as they did with Final Fantasy 8. This I found interesting after Tetsuya Nomura said that because it was said earlier that FF13 was trying to reach to the core of FF7. What I am worried about is clones, I don't want FF13 to be a FF7 clone and I don't want FFV13 to be a FF8 clone, but who knows it might turn out great.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamer4Iife

Not the way he validated it, he lost interest in FFXIII and got more interested in FFVXIII because it is exclusive. Seems like a pathetic reason to lose interest in a game just for going multiplat.

spinecaton

Still, I understand where he's coming from. As a owner of both consoles, I couldn't care less about multiplatforms, I just want my game as good as possible.

The FF XIII announcement did upset me a little. Of course, I wouldn't lose interest in a game JUST for that.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Im more worried about the gameplay -- why hasn't it been shown yet? why is it CGI still? I find it rather pathetic that there is nothing to talk about for the game and it's been announced since 2005 -- three years later, more CGI clips.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
im worried to FF XII was worst selling main FF game at 5.5million i want FF 13 to sell at least 8 mill like the best FF X
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
i WOULD'ENT worry about Lightning, Nomaru whatever said he's giving her the same type of personality as Cloud which is a good thing to me. CoreoVII
Cloud's personality was lame. I hope her personality is not like his.
MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MarthRingman
Member since 2008 • 1104 Posts
I haven't anticipated a FF game since X. Seems there was nothing good in the series made after IX.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

ye, i agree. i'm also glad they went with a 100% girl this time rather than a really really girly guy.mistervengeance

Were you refering to this guy (or girl who really knows), Tidus?

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts

With the new trailers that were released a few days ago about FFXIII and FFvsXIII I thought that both the games looked stunning. All the characters look really amazing, but especially Lightning. She has a sort of 'coolness' about her.

My worry is that she'll be spoiled by some bad voice acting. In my opinion, that could hit Lightning significantly.

I really am looking forward to these games, don't get me wrong. This has just been lurking at the back of my mind the whole time.

Your thoughts?

hm360
FFX's voicacting was satisfactory, and FFXII's was great. I wouldn't be worried. SE knows this game means a lot.
-MaskedMan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -MaskedMan-
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
if square takes its time with this game, then i am sure it will be a GOTY whatever year it comes out
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
Im more worried about the gameplay -- why hasn't it been shown yet? why is it CGI still? I find it rather pathetic that there is nothing to talk about for the game and it's been announced since 2005 -- three years later, more CGI clips.Haziqonfire
Saquare has never released gameplay of one of their main ff titles until a demo came out
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Im more worried about the gameplay -- why hasn't it been shown yet? why is it CGI still? I find it rather pathetic that there is nothing to talk about for the game and it's been announced since 2005 -- three years later, more CGI clips.black_tempest
Saquare has never released gameplay of one of their main ff titles until a demo came out

personally i love the way they are advertising. too much information can kill the game.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Were you refering to this guy (or girl who really knows), Tidus?

ramboturd72
FF 12, look it up.