I'm thinking of making the WOW plunge! Should I do it?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Guys, I'm not a PC gamer but I have to admit I've been curious about the whole World of Warcraft craze. I'm thinking of trying the trial. What do you guys think? Should I open up these doors, . . . . or should I stay away?
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts

Its so 3 years ago. If you escaped the trend, be glad and move on.

Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

Guys, I'm not a PC gamer but I have to admit I've been curious about the whole World of Warcraft craze. I'm thinking of trying the trial. What do you guys think? Should I open up these doors, . . . . or should I stay away? Zerostatic0

if u have friends that plays wow and show you the ropes then i say u do it , but to start on wow on yourself forget it ..you will quit before u reach level 10

level 70 undead rogue on killrog server

level 70 human mage on arthas server

level 60 undead priest (twinked out)  on burning legion server

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Its really fun. I just recently started and I have to admit its all its cracked up to be. Imagine Diablo with more RPG focus and a huge environment.

Plus you can play it for free for 10 days, and if you agree to buy it ($20) you get another month for free, then its 13-15 dollars a month afterwords. 

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zerostatic0

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]Guys, I'm not a PC gamer but I have to admit I've been curious about the whole World of Warcraft craze. I'm thinking of trying the trial. What do you guys think? Should I open up these doors, . . . . or should I stay away? Kakarot00769

if u have friends that plays wow and show you the ropes then i say u do it , but to start on wow on yourself forget it ..you will quit before u reach level 10

level 70 undead rogue on killrog server

level 70 human mage on arthas server

level 60 undead priest (twinked out) on burning legion server

Actually my cousin told me he'll show me the ropes and he's level 70.
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Guys, I'm not a PC gamer but I have to admit I've been curious about the whole World of Warcraft craze. I'm thinking of trying the trial. What do you guys think? Should I open up these doors, . . . . or should I stay away? Zerostatic0

Its a extremely well made and very fun MMO, all around its awesome. I definitely recommend getting it and at least trying it out for yourself.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

whoisryanmack

I agree. It's a complete waste of time and life.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts

DOnt touch it, waste of money and time

WoW = Waste of Wompom

for the maount of money you would put into WoW your better off buying a new game every once in awhile

becides with Forza 2, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Too Human, Bioshock, GTA4, DMC4 and Halo 3 coming out, youll need your $$

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Choga
Member since 2006 • 2377 Posts
DO NOT PLAY THIS HORRIBLE GAME! It has no substance whatsoever. End-game is a joke, because it forces you to spend about 30+ hours a week doing end-game to get your 1337 gear. The whole point of the game is to get better gear, which totally takes away from the skill/fun factor of the game. Not only that, but the "pvp" is a bloody joke, because it, like the rest of the game, is based on gear, not on skill. Coming from sombody who has played WoW for over a year, and somebody who has tested out, and is a beta tester of Warhammer online, you should wait for Warhammer.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Avoid it. You pay for level grinding, fetch quests and weird "internet-style" socializing.

You want a good RPG. Play Fallout, Baldur's Gate II or Morrowind.
PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSBox3SixWi
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts

No. Play Lord of the Rings Online. if you preorder and enter your preorder cd code before the 24th(hurry) you subscription will be $10 instead of $15(or you can pay a one time fee of $200 to play till they close the servers, which will be a long time from now.) It plays like warcraft except that its more fun. Do it. Seriously. Make a Character on brandywine. ill hook you up with mad silvers bro. lol madness

jaycouvera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaycouvera
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts
Dude, dont let these people sway you away from the game. WoW is a great MMORPG, instead of listening to these guys. Why dont you just download the 10 day trial ? If you like it then become a full member, if not then dont. Period, It's that simple. I like the game. But then again everyone has their opinion of things. Whats more important is yours.
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts

so many noobs in this thread its unbelivable.

they all probably got ganked on their lvl 20's lol!

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
No, avoid it at all costs, before you put your (social) life in jeporady. One of my best friends life is just playing that game. How can people get so addicted? It's sickening. And for the record, I tried it, for 10 days for free. Played with some pals. Didn't seem all that great.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
It's a good game to play with friends but don't let it replace your friends and destroy your life (same can be said of any MMORPG).  It's a matter of willpower.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zerostatic0
Thanks for the replies, I decided to listen to the majority of the opinions, so I'm going to stay away.
Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]

BioShockOwnz

I agree. It's a complete waste of time and life.

indeed. avoid at all costs.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I did not like the endgame, but if you have some friends that want to play it with you then you should get it.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

Been playing WoW for over 2 and a half years and I plan to continue. I say make the dive.

Go here and try out the free trail.

Oh, and ignore the haters in this thread. WoW is one of the best MMOs and one of the best games ever made. 9 million people can't be wrong (LOL at those who continue to call it a "trend") 

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

no. its overated garbage thats not worth your time.

kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
I have a level 70 and a 62 and the game just seems to get really boring at 70.  It was more fun when the level cap was 60 for some reason.
poovine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 poovine
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

Its really fun. I just recently started and I have to admit its all its cracked up to be. Imagine Diablo with more RPG focus and a huge environment.

Plus you can play it for free for 10 days, and if you agree to buy it ($20) you get another month for free, then its 13-15 dollars a month afterwords.

TacoJelly

You did not just mention Diablo and WoW in the same breath. BLASPHEMY. That's like comparing gold bullion to dog turd. 

ShockerD19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShockerD19
Member since 2005 • 1978 Posts

matters what youre looking for in an MMO.

i play Everquest 2 because it has a better focus on grouping (i solo a lot too).  also, i enjoy the lore and direction theyre going with the storylines of the game.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
I cancelled my subscription a while ago. I plan to renew it, though, when I get my MacBook Pro. Opinions on the Macbook? Anyone?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Redmoonxl2

I have a level 70 and a 62 and the game just seems to get really boring at 70. It was more fun when the level cap was 60 for some reason.kodex1717

Are you kidding? WoW at lv 70 is an infinitely better game than WoW at 60 when that was the cap.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crunchman

I have a level 70 and a 62 and the game just seems to get really boring at 70. It was more fun when the level cap was 60 for some reason.kodex1717

A level cap of 80 just seems like a sinister idea. 

evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
MMO's FTL.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
If you have friends that play it sure, go ahead. But if you don't then forget it, WoW isn't much fun alone.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Redmoonxl2

If you have friends that play it sure, go ahead. But if you don't then forget it, WoW isn't much fun alone.TyrantDragon55

Which is probably why there are so many haters of WoW in this thread.  

Yoruichii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yoruichii
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts

[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]If you have friends that play it sure, go ahead. But if you don't then forget it, WoW isn't much fun alone.Redmoonxl2

This is system wars. Everyone hates everything =P

I dont hate WoW tho, I hate people who hate on FFXI. It was the best MMORPG tell WoW came out in my opinion

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]If you have friends that play it sure, go ahead. But if you don't then forget it, WoW isn't much fun alone.Yoruichii

Good point. Just trying to dig deeper is all. 

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

My roommate is hooked on WoW to the point where it's like having a full-time job.  So if you're going to take the plunge, be prepared for a possible addiction.

Of course, I've never played it myself so I can't say whether the game is good or bad.

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
I think so, I  got the free trial in January and I subscirbedby the 5th day
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

I played WoW and wasn't addicted. I found levels 0-50 really fun and enjoyable then after that it went right down hill. When you hit 60(or should I say 70 now) its just a horrible grind of nothing. Sorry I just don't find 3-4 hour raids where its the same crap over and over and over and over until you get to a boss that fun.

The geeks in WoW really annoy me as well. Some take it so seriously like if they miss out on an item their life or over or something.

I dunno try it out but in my opinion it's just a waste in the end, you do all this stuff but there is never an ending so whats the point?
Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Crunchman
[QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]If you have friends that play it sure, go ahead. But if you don't then forget it, WoW isn't much fun alone.Redmoonxl2

Good point. Just trying to dig deeper is all.

If you switch around the numbers in your post count...you could have...1337 posts!!!...rolflmao...
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts

It's a pretty good game, but my big beef with it is that it's way too easy, and you can play the whole game without talking to another player if you want.

I'd wait for Warhammer Online to come out and then pick between WaR and WoW. 

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Redmoonxl2

It's a pretty good game, but my big beef with it is that it's way too easy, and you can play the whole game without talking to another player if you want.

Skippyj9

Actually, you'd be bypassing content if you played alone. You'd miss out on dungeons, which is basically the heart and soul of WoW. 

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
Also, I suppose if you're a fan of Warcraft Lore, I would recommend playing through the game for that at the least (then quit once you've got the plot and progress of the world figured out).  There are some good quest hubs that have nice storylines to them.  However, at the same time, there are some really unintresting ones as well.  At any rate, I think a lot of people blaze through the game too quickly, not bothering to indulge in the story.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
I guess you don't realize that you're saying "So there's this streetdrug called crack, and all the cool kids are doing it; and this local dealer is giving out free samples! Do you guys think I should smoke some of the free crack?"
CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
eb games sell a 14 day trial disk for 2$.  just get that and see if you like it.  if you get addicted and have fun then invest in the purchase.  i bought the disk but didnt like the game too much.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

9 million people can't be wrong (LOL at those who continue to call it a "trend")

Redmoonxl2

62 million people voted for GW Bush in the 2004 election,  I don't think I'd trust the populous.

Anyway if you play games for 4-8 hours a day anyway than WOW is good, if not you'll probably just be wasting money.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

9 million people can't be wrong (LOL at those who continue to call it a "trend")

jrhawk42

62 million people voted for GW Bush in the 2004 election, I don't think I'd trust the populous.

Anyway if you play games for 4-8 hours a day anyway than WOW is good, if not you'll probably just be wasting money.

I'm sorry but to use WoW subscription numbers and compare it to an election to prove some bias political point is completely ignorant and shows signs of one without class. 

By the way, any investment in gaming is "a waste of money." Who are you to judge what is less wasteful to gamers? On a side note, you don't have to play WoW for insane amounts a day to be worth it. That's a common misconception that people love to bring up as a point, even when they don't know a damn thing about the game.

Cheers. :) 

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

If I were you I would pass.  I am mostly a console gamer, but I play PC now and then cuz I have a laptop that can run games.  Anyways I was not impressed whatsoever with WoW.  It just seemed so pointless to me.  And to get any enjoyment out of it you seriously need to play a ridiculous amount of hours on it.

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
wow so much wow haters but you know wow can be very fun talking to friends making new friends helping people out with quest fighting other alliances its a very great way to have fun. wow is the best game ever im not much of a gamer anymore think the system wars drove me out of the fun factor but im really into wow and reccomend it to anyone.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#45 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts
I wouldn't. I played it for a couple months and all you do is just do monotonous quests and the game really isn't that fun especially for the amount of money u pay.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
MMO's are such time wasters. I don't remember the last time I had "fun" with an MMO.
Magical_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Magical_Guy
Member since 2003 • 1673 Posts
I played WoW for about 16 months and just recently quit. Your not missing much from the game. If you have no life or have a lot of spare time then play it. The game is full of pointless grinds, it takes forever to travel, BG queues take a long time, the hardcore dungeons take several hours to complete, just to have a small chance of getting loot. It's a big waste of time and money. After I quit I didn't miss it. It is fun at first but after a while it's the same boring poop over and over again. I recommend you play it for a month, as the first month is the funnest. But after playing that first month you may get addicted. It's just a big grindfest and timewaste.There is no end to the game also.
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
If you want to play a MMO, look no further than WoW.
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
i just think the wow is like one of the best online games you can play sure it cost but 30$ for 3 months and 20 for wow its self not a bad deal i dont think. but thats only without expansion i wouldnt buy expansion though until i was 57. so it just up to the topic reator wether he wants to spend that kind of money on wow. i did and im loving it.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

You should try it out.  Even if you don't like playing with other people, which you will, you can play the game like a single player. 

DOnt touch it, waste of money and time

WoW = Waste of Wompom

for the maount of money you would put into WoW your better off buying a new game every once in awhile

becides with Forza 2, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Too Human, Bioshock, GTA4, DMC4 and Halo 3 coming out, youll need your $$

supermechakirby

You mean 4 months of WoW saves more money than one game? 

DO NOT PLAY THIS HORRIBLE GAME! It has no substance whatsoever. End-game is a joke, because it forces you to spend about 30+ hours a week doing end-game to get your 1337 gear. The whole point of the game is to get better gear, which totally takes away from the skill/fun factor of the game. Not only that, but the "pvp" is a bloody joke, because it, like the rest of the game, is based on gear, not on skill. Coming from sombody who has played WoW for over a year, and somebody who has tested out, and is a beta tester of Warhammer online, you should wait for Warhammer.Choga

I guess someone emo'd out of a guild. Drama.Â