IGN Podcast says that Nintendo will revive a Long dead franchise.

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johncraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 johncraven
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
how about Punch Out!! ?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I kind've want a new Mach Rider because it was released in 1985 without a sequal its been almost 22 years since the original was released.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
Maybe they'll revive Excite Bite. I'm sure i would be excited about that.
0starter0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 0starter0
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Kid Icarus.

I hope so too. Metroid wasn't "great" yet all it's sequels were.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#55 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

starfox!!!!

would you consider that, "long dead"?

KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Seeing how bad recetn games were, yes, I would clal a fun new addition to that a revival of it.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

It isn't going to be Earthbound. That game just had a sequel come out last generation on the GBA in Japan. My bet is on Kid Icarus.

Hopefully, instead of screwing around like with their other games, they'll treat this revival just like they treated Metroid and Zelda.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PoppaLemming
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts
BLASTER MASTER!!!!!!!
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
A pilotwings game would be great for the Wiimote.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Why do people care so much about Kid Icarus? The first one sucked. Finale-

So did MG NES.. But somehow that didn't kill MGS...

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

I didn't slam the guys entire career. Just his one lame game.

Bread_or_Decide

It is pretty overrated, you're right. But it was a meteroid clone with it's own flavour and that alone has got to get you salivating about the possibility of a next gen version

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
I don't care for Kid Icarus, unless they make an M rated game. But in all seriousness. A new STARFOX game but this time make it good. Starfox hasn't been good since Lylat Wars AKA Starfox 64.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

Funny how Kid Icarus gets such a big hype. The original game blew super chunks.

But heck they already modeled him for SSBB why not just throw him into his own game while they're at it.

The kid gets my vote. Even if the original game is the most over rated trash ever.

Bread_or_Decide

The only people that didn't like the original are the complete n00bs of the platforming genre because they cryed about it being too hard. But yes it is over-rated there have been much better platformers.

So did MG NES.. But somehow that didn't kill MGS...

GundamGuy0

Agreed but Kojima created MG2 for the MSX which IMHO is amongst the top 10 or even 5 games of the 16-bit era. It surpassed MGS in pretty much everyway, hell MGS did nothing but copy and paste the formula only putting it in 3D adding a lazer to your gun, dragging enemies, and hiding in lockers if you took those three things out it literally was the exact same game only less of everything.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Kid Icarus. Has to be all sings say its him. I mean hes one of the new characters in smash bros. i cant see anything else really.
Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Funny how Kid Icarus gets such a big hype. The original game blew super chunks.

But heck they already modeled him for SSBB why not just throw him into his own game while they're at it.

The kid gets my vote. Even if the original game is the most over rated trash ever.

Dencore

The only people that didn't like the original are the complete n00bs of the platforming genre because they cryed about it being too hard.

Word.
It was one of my favorite NES games.
The songs were awesome in it.
The only thing that bothers me are the enemies.
The enemies were like huge eyeballs and stuff. It wouldnt work in 3D.
I hope they bring in new "realistic" enemies.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
As far as already-mentioned games go: Crystalis: I would almost KILL for an update to this game. Wipes the floor with Zelda 1, if you ask me(though probably not ALttP or later). However, that's a SNK title. StarTropics: Never played it. Apparently very Zelda-ish, and had a puzzle which required you to get the solution by soaking a piece of paper in water or something. It's an actual Nintendo property, so I can see it happening. Kid Icarus: If the posters in this thread have their way, it'll be Kid Icarus that gets the revival. Mother/Earthbound: I don't think it's dead, not with Mother 3 around. (I just wonder what happened to the N64 version...that's right, it was originally going to be a 3D N64 title before it moved on to the GBA!) Mach Rider: I don't really see how they could make a worthy update to this game. Blaster Master: Not a Nintendo property, so it's probably not happening. I just wonder what franchise it is, and how they're going to revive it.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

I don't care for Kid Icarus, unless they make an M rated game. But in all seriousness. A new STARFOX game but this time make it good. Starfox hasn't been good since Lylat Wars AKA Starfox 64.Riviera_Phantom

I havent liked any of the recent Star Fox games at all, if they do make a new one I hope its like StarFox 64. That game was epic for its time, hell I have it on VC and I still play it.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
I think we are all forgetting one major name that hasn't had a sequel for 5 years. This game would work wonders with the Wiimote, you could point the Wiimote to where you wanted the flashlight to go and aim your vaccuum at the ghosties! Luigi's Manson would be an awesome game for the Wii! It would be like you are actually there sucking up ghosts! OMG THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS! Oh wait, I'm seeing a trend!
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

It's 100% A new Kid Icarus game.

Sollet

That's my guess too..

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

As far as already-mentioned games go: Crystalis: I would almost KILL for an update to this game. Wipes the floor with Zelda 1, if you ask me(though probably not ALttP or later). However, that's a SNK title. StarTropics: Never played it. Apparently very Zelda-ish, and had a puzzle which required you to get the solution by soaking a piece of paper in water or something. It's an actual Nintendo property, so I can see it happening. Kid Icarus: If the posters in this thread have their way, it'll be Kid Icarus that gets the revival. Mother/Earthbound: I don't think it's dead, not with Mother 3 around. (I just wonder what happened to the N64 version...that's right, it was originally going to be a 3D N64 title before it moved on to the GBA!) Mach Rider: I don't really see how they could make a worthy update to this game. Blaster Master: Not a Nintendo property, so it's probably not happening. I just wonder what franchise it is, and how they're going to revive it.NamelessPlayer

Pilot Wings... don't forget Pilot Wings.

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 gesi1223
Member since 2004 • 2117 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

THANK YOU. Go read the IGN review of Kid Icarus on the VC for confirmation of that one.

Starfox is not dead tho.

NorthlandMan

Kid Icarus was made by Gunpei Yoko. He invented the game boy.

THE GAME BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

He also made the Virtual Boy which almost killed Nintendo. So gtfo.

I hope it's Mother 4 or a game from the original Rare guys, which is unlikely.

Although a new Kid Icarus seems like the most reasonable thing since Pit was remade for SSBB.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]I don't care for Kid Icarus, unless they make an M rated game. But in all seriousness. A new STARFOX game but this time make it good. Starfox hasn't been good since Lylat Wars AKA Starfox 64.goodlay

I havent liked any of the recent Star Fox games at all, if they do make a new one I hope its like StarFox 64. That game was epic for its time, hell I have it on VC and I still play it.

The Company that made the First two Star Foxs with Nintendo Disbanded but the company that made the Star Fox for the DS was made up of the team that made the original and Star Fox 64, Rare only made Adventures it was fun (but that was the first Star Fox I ever played) Assault was made by Namco. so if the company that made the DS one makes one for the Wii it might be good they made the Star Fox and Star Fox 64, but that was a different company same people though.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
whats star tropics? anyway i'd also like kid icarus i enjoy the NES despite the fact its impossible to beat.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nintendo_Ownes7

whats star tropics? anyway i'd also like kid icarus i enjoy the NES despite the fact its impossible to beat.AsadMahdi59
Star Tropics is aAction/Adventure gamefor the NES that was only released in North America and Europe, the 2nd Link is for the Sequal which was released in 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tropics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoda%27s_Revenge:_StarTropics_II

I edited it because I had it listed in the wrong Genre.

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
Donkey Kong! Wasn't the last one DK64? D K... donkey kong!
Lyude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lyude77
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Maybe they'll revive Excite Bite. I'm sure i would be excited about that.LongshotX2
That's really unlikely. They already made Excite Truck. I think we'll just have to wait for Excitebike 64 to come out on the VC.

I want StarTropics. Kid Icarus in 3D would likely be a copy of Zelda. Sure, the bow would be more important, but that's all I see from that. It could turn out differently if the kept it in 2D though, but that's pretty unlikely.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Nintendo_Ownes7
Donkey Kong! Wasn't the last one DK64? D K... donkey kong!DoctorBunny
The last traditional DK Platformer the last DK platformer was Jungle Beat, but the newest DK games is DK Jet, and also when the Wii was first announced there was rumours of a DK Platformer coming onto the Wii when it was first announced.
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"]Donkey Kong! Wasn't the last one DK64? D K... donkey kong!Nintendo_Ownes7
The last traditional DK Platformer the last DK platformer was Jungle Beat, but the newest DK games is DK Jet, and also when the Wii was first announced there was rumours of a DK Platformer coming onto the Wii when it was first announced.

A rhythm game? might as well call mario strikers a platformer :) there hasn't been a console platformer of DK since 64. He has had appearances and spin off', but the actual franchise he is known for has been dead since n64 :(

Bartz_Has_Bite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bartz_Has_Bite
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
I would hope Earthbound (Whatever happened to the N64 one?) or LOST VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
But knowing Nintendo it'l probaly be uniracers.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="LongshotX2"]Maybe they'll revive Excite Bite. I'm sure i would be excited about that.Lyude77

That's really unlikely. They already made Excite Truck. I think we'll just have to wait for Excitebike 64 to come out on the VC.

I want StarTropics. Kid Icarus in 3D would likely be a copy of Zelda. Sure, the bow would be more important, but that's all I see from that. It could turn out differently if the kept it in 2D though, but that's pretty unlikely.

Heck they might make Kid Icarus a FPA like Metroid Prime since both games started out the same just with different settings and Weopons it could happen to Kid Icarus but no Scanning stuff also it would have flying aswell. (maybe it might not work I never played the original I just know they used the Metroid Formula and made Kid Icarus.
Lyude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Lyude77
Donkey Kong! Wasn't the last one DK64? D K... donkey kong!DoctorBunny
They're already making DK Bongo Blast. I really doubt they'll restore it to being a platformer. That would rule though, as long as they improve the Diddy Kong jetpacking segments.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"]Donkey Kong! Wasn't the last one DK64? D K... donkey kong!DoctorBunny

A rhythm game? might as well call mario strikers a platformer :) there hasn't been a console platformer of DK since 64. He has had appearances and spin off', but the actual franchise he is known for has been dead since n64 :(

Jungle Beat was a Platformer but you had to use the Bongos to play it you could of played it without the bongos but it wasn't that fun.
FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
Earthbound please! it would justify a Wii purchase.
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

wonder what it could be

kid icarus? earthbound? pilotwings?

akif22
Couldn't be Earthbound..Mother 3 just came out in 2006.. I hope its Pilot Wings, the Kid Icarus games weren't that great..
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
DK platformer *dreams*
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
I would hope Earthbound (Whatever happened to the N64 one?) or LOST VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
But knowing Nintendo it'l probaly be uniracers.Bartz_Has_Bite
The N64 game became a GBA game that came out in 2006.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Fingers crossed for Kid Icarus at E3
Lyude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lyude77
One that I haven't seen anyone mention is Balloon Fight. Yeah, I doubt it too, but it has a shot with the playable WarioWare mini-game.
jhockey9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 jhockey9
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts
You have to think that if it's been long dead, it's something that people haven't seen in a long time either in the U.S. or anywhere. That eliminates Earthbound, because of Mother 3 last year for Japan GBA. Kid Icarus is a popular choice on this board. That one has been dead for a long time. Punch Out makes sense as well. The Wii-mote is perfect in Ninty's eyes for a game like Punch Out to be brought back. The last one of those was 1994 or something close to that. Pilotwings seems reasonable since the N64 version came out around what, 1996 or 97? Who knows what they have planned, Nintendo is pretty sneaky. I like Icarus as the choice because of SSBB, it seems coincidental. But, Punch-Out is standing out in my mind as what they may be pulling out here.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

[QUOTE="AsadMahdi59"]whats star tropics? anyway i'd also like kid icarus i enjoy the NES despite the fact its impossible to beat.Nintendo_Ownes7

Star tropics is a RPG for the NES that was only released in North America and Europe, the 2nd Link is for the Sequal which was released in 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tropics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoda%27s_Revenge:_StarTropics_II

It wasn't an RPG. It was more like and zdventure/action/platformer. It had it all. Excellent story, boss fights, level design, puzzles, sense of adventure, tons of enemies, and weapons. Check them out if the two StarTropics make it to the vc people. It's a must have Ninty game!
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Please be Pikmin.Stabby2486

Pikmin isn't long dead. I vote Earthbound. :D
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
I think they'll revive Mario. That franchise has been dead since Mario 64, but they keep on applying shock paddles to the corpse. Mario Strikers? Mario Tennis? Mario Soccer? Mario Golf? Mario in SSB? Mario in every game out there? Mario in over 200 games?!?!!? So I look foward to Mario being another jolt with the paddles and another twitch of the corpse.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#93 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

LISTEN TO THE DAMN PODCAST PEOPLE!

Matt wasn't being serious AT ALL when he said that. He also wasn't being serious when he said that the Wii would receive a Tale of Symphonia sequel. He was joking on BOTH.

Jeeze. >_>

Now i'm not saying that Nintendo won't reveal a new game based off of a long-gone franchise, but in this Wiik in Review, he was not being serious when he said that. Matt has said it numerous times that the Wii will receive a game based off of a dead franchise. Those idiots a NeoGaf of whatever need to pay attention to how it was said.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
quality donkey kong game? donkey kong bongos was ok but not really keeping the series alive
youngthug69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 youngthug69
Member since 2005 • 1060 Posts
What ever it is I bet its not gonna be good, dont get me wrong I like nintendo but look at their recent games like that new Mario and that new Donkey Kong is a joke.
TheBigDrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheBigDrat
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
Earthworm Jim? lol
youngthug69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 youngthug69
Member since 2005 • 1060 Posts

Earthworm Jim? lolTheBigDrat

Althought that sounds like a good idea I prefer they didnt let some one else make the game.

Blind0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Blind0825
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts
**** kid icarus, seriously, who cares?? I want a sequel to EARTHBOUND, perhaps one of the greatest rpg's in existance....yea I said it.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
I'm leaning towards Kid Icarus due to Pit being in SSBB.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

DK platformer *dreams*6matt6

That would be great, enough of these dumb bongo games Nintendo!