IGN Game Scoop Podcast- Says that the 199.00 360 is a dumb idea.

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts

And being a 360 owner of the original launch 20gig 360, i must agree with them. now i know lemmings will say, this is the best thing MS has ever came up with . but IGN reasons of calling MS being shady on this sku is.

1. Its good that they are targeting casuals. but what happens when these CASUALS want to DL Casuals games such as UNO, geometry wars and all the other cool arcade dl games?

2. There is not alot of Casuals games you can buy for the 360 out side of Arcade DL's.

3. Casusals that wish to dl the casusal games will be forced to buy a HD that is over priced.

4. How would causuals dl Conent for their games they own. Such as GTA4, Halo Maps, GEOW Maps. etc. are they SOL?

so what are your thoughts? me i think its stupid, and i know lemmings will say casuals dont need to dl casusal games for their systems. then my question woudl be why even buy it, when the Wii you can play causals games from wii channel etc. any how what are your thoughts.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
lolwuts a memory cards
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

I agree but :

1. It's still a damn good deal for a 360 owner that doesn't need Live. e.g. alot of casuals

2. It's still a good idea since lots of people who would just buy the cheapest model without properly researching would still get it.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 spike6566
lolwuts a memory cardsSSCyborg
lmao, so causuals are only allowed to dl up to 512mb of storage? wow so much for casuals taking advantage of all the cool causual games you can get from arcade dl's. way to go SSCYborg, glad you dont run MS. oh wait, your ideas of being milked is pretty much good enough to run their company. since they love milking their customers.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]lolwuts a memory cardsspike6566
lmao, so causuals are only allowed to dl up to 512mb of storage? wow so much for casuals taking advantage of all the cool causual games you can get from arcade dl's. way to go SSCYborg, glad you dont run MS. oh wait, your ideas of being milked is pretty much good enough to run their company. since they love milking their customers.

lawl

you can't even talk about milking without talking about the Gamecube with a Wii-mote.

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
There is just no pleasing you people...
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Wait.. what? You mention in your original post how casuals can download all these games for the Wii, but the Wii also has only 512 MB of storage.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spike6566

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]lolwuts a memory cardsMyopicCanadian

Wait.. what? You mention in your original post how casuals can download all these games for the Wii, but the Wii also has only 512 MB of storage.

so if a causal wants to buy GTA4 for the 360, are they SOL on the Content for GTA4? and they are better of buying the wii, since most of their GAMES ARE CASUAL'S.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]lolwuts a memory cardsspike6566

so if a causal wants to buy GTA4 for the 360, are they SOL on the Content for GTA4? and they are better of buying the wii, since most of their GAMES ARE CASUAL'S.

Dude, a casual can pick up an arcade and Gears or Halo 3 and have no problem with memory. I have a load of casual gamer friends who only play games like Halo 3 or fifa. They dont even have them hooked up to live, so all the memory they need is for game saves. Seriously...i find it hilarious people complaining about a price cut. I mean, if it doesnt suit you, then get the pro. Common sense my friend...

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spike6566
[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]lolwuts a memory cards-DrRobotnik-

Dude, a casual can pick up an arcade and Gears or Halo 3 and have no problem with memory. I have a load of casual gamer friends who only play games like Halo 3 or fifa. They dont even have them hooked up to live, so all the memory they need is for game saves. Seriously...i find it hilarious people complaining about a price cut. I mean, if it doesnt suit you, then get the pro. Common sense my friend...

i am not talking about saves. reasons i got my friends from work to buy the 360 instead of the ps3, is becasue they love GTA4, and also i told them about the content that 360 version will get. now if i told them to buy the arcade only, how and heck will they be able to dl the content for GTA4. yes i know you can save on the memory card. but if you read my post carefully, you would of seen the word CONTENT.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

And being a 360 owner of the original launch 20gig 360, i must agree with them. now i know lemmings will say, this is the best thing MS has ever came up with . but IGN reasons of calling MS being shady on this sku is.

1. Its good that they are targeting casuals. but what happens when these CASUALS want to DL Casuals games such as UNO, geometry wars and all the other cool arcade dl games?

2. There is not alot of Casuals games you can buy for the 360 out side of Arcade DL's.

3. Casusals that wish to dl the casusal games will be forced to buy a HD that is over priced.

so what are your thoughts? me i think its stupid, and i know lemmings will say casuals dont need to dl casusal games for their systems. then my question woudl be why even buy it, when the Wii you can play causals games from wii channel etc. any how what are your thoughts.

spike6566

First off, you can buy a 512 MB memory card for the Xbox 360 which is equivalent to the amount of free space available on the Wii. Frankly, if a casual gamer wanted to download Geometry Wars 2 (which is about 40 MB), Uno (which far less than 50 MB, can't remember the exact number though) and for good measure, Castle Crashers (140 MB) they could and have plenty of space left over.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

memory cards... they can buy multiple cards, and DLC will fit onto a single card, so multiple downloads works on multiple cards. or buy the HDD.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spike6566

memory cards... they can buy multiple cards, and DLC will fit onto a single card, so multiple downloads works on multiple cards. or buy the HDD.

Phazevariance

so in other words, BE MILKED?

so you honestly think a 10 hour exclusive content that Rockstar is putting out for the 360 is under 512mb? are you that serious? please dotn tell me that you are.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -DrRobotnik-

i am not talking about saves. reasons i got my friends from work to buy the 360 instead of the ps3, is becasue they love GTA4, and also i told them about the content that 360 version will get. now if i told them to buy the arcade only, how and heck will they be able to dl the content for GTA4. yes i know you can save on the memory card. but if you read my post carefully, you would of seen the word CONTENT. spike6566

Well, if you had any common sense, you wouldnt tell your friends to get the arcade if theyre interested in the DL content:roll: FAIL.

I mean seriously, its like buying the cheapest model of a car and afterwards complaining that theres no CD player. Well well done captain obvious, you did get the lowest spec model.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spike6566

[QUOTE="spike6566"] i am not talking about saves. reasons i got my friends from work to buy the 360 instead of the ps3, is becasue they love GTA4, and also i told them about the content that 360 version will get. now if i told them to buy the arcade only, how and heck will they be able to dl the content for GTA4. yes i know you can save on the memory card. but if you read my post carefully, you would of seen the word CONTENT. -DrRobotnik-

Well, if you had any common sense, you wouldnt tell your friends to get the arcade if theyre interested in the DL content:roll: FAIL.

I mean seriously, its like buying the cheapest model of a car and afterwards complaining that theres no CD player. Well well done captain obvious, you did get the lowest spec model.

but do you think Gamestop ppl will tell customers NOOOOO DONT BUY THE ARCADE VERSION. even though the casual has GTA 4 in his hand? come on man.
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

IGN Game Scoop Podcast was a stupid idea but it didn't stop them....

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"] i am not talking about saves. reasons i got my friends from work to buy the 360 instead of the ps3, is becasue they love GTA4, and also i told them about the content that 360 version will get. now if i told them to buy the arcade only, how and heck will they be able to dl the content for GTA4. yes i know you can save on the memory card. but if you read my post carefully, you would of seen the word CONTENT. spike6566

but do you think Gamestop ppl will tell customers NOOOOO DONT BUY THE ARCADE VERSION. even though the casual has GTA 4 in his hand? come on man.

Honestly, i dont care if people are foolish enough to spend $200 without doing some research first. If they do get stuck, then they'll have to buy a HDD separate. But thats not M$'s fault, its their fault.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spike6566
[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"] i am not talking about saves. reasons i got my friends from work to buy the 360 instead of the ps3, is becasue they love GTA4, and also i told them about the content that 360 version will get. now if i told them to buy the arcade only, how and heck will they be able to dl the content for GTA4. yes i know you can save on the memory card. but if you read my post carefully, you would of seen the word CONTENT. -DrRobotnik-

Honestly, i dont care if people are foolish enough to spend $200 without doing some research first. If they do get stuck, then they'll have to buy a HDD separate. But thats not M$'s fault, its their fault.

and that is why they are called casuals. they dotn spend time researching. they just go what by what the hype is for a certain game.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]

spike6566

so you honestly think a 10 hour exclusive content that Rockstar is putting out for the 360 is under 512mb? are you that serious? please dotn tell me that you are.

i fail to see how we are being milked when over here you can buy a 60 gig 360 for 200 quid a years xbox live for 50 quid and it's still 50 quid cheaper than a ps3 which is 300 quid for the cheapest model, that's not called being milked that's called a good buy cos i saved 50 quid.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts
They probably turn to ebay and scoop up a 20 GB HDD for around 30 Bucks from the huge pile they are dumping on there .
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spike6566
[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="Phazevariance"]

delta3074

i fail to see how we are being milked when over here you can buy a 60 gig 360 for 200 quid a years xbox live for 50 quid and it's still 50 quid cheaper than a ps3 which is 300 quid for the cheapest model, that's not called being milked that's called a good buy cos i saved 50 quid.

i guess you didnt read, this for the ARCADE SKU. glad someone didnt read the oringal post .
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -DrRobotnik-

and that is why they are called casuals. they dotn spend time researching. they just go what by what the hype is for a certain game. spike6566

I really dont see where you are going with this. Are you trying to say M$ is bad for reducing the Arcade price to $200? Its not the only SKU available, and they are not forcing anyone to buy it. It also clearly states on the box what is included, so i fail to see the problem here.

Oh and saying casuals dont research is such a generalisation. Its not true.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"] i am not talking about saves. reasons i got my friends from work to buy the 360 instead of the ps3, is becasue they love GTA4, and also i told them about the content that 360 version will get. now if i told them to buy the arcade only, how and heck will they be able to dl the content for GTA4. yes i know you can save on the memory card. but if you read my post carefully, you would of seen the word CONTENT. spike6566

Are GameStop employees are forbidden from recommending the better system or something? :?

If the customer doesn't buy it at that point then it's their fault.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I think a lot of Wii and PS3 owners will also go for a 360 now , especcially the cheap Arcade version .

199,- add a 30,- second hand ebay 20 Gig HDD , now beat that price !

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts
Can the Wii download demos? does the Wii have a hard drive?Can the Wii do anything besides play some terrible games? The system is selling faster than the two combined.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
And I say what they say is "dumb". It's marketed at a different crowd. It's a smart idea to offer choice. People need to relax and let Microsoft do their thing.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

There is just no pleasing you people...SpinoRaptor

Gotta go with this.

CrisVill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CrisVill
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well it is a pretty good deal. u can buy the arcade SKU for 199 with the memory card, 5 arcade games, and wireless controller. If u want a HDD u could buy the 120 Gig for 150. The total being $350 which is cheaper than the elite. Not a bad deal IMO
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

how much internal memory does the Wii come with?

and I can't even expand that for Wiiware/VC games.

CrisVill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CrisVill
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]lolwuts a memory cardsDreams-Visions

how much internal memory does the Wii come with?

and I can't even expand that for Wiiware/VC games.

it comes with 512MB of internal memory

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]There is just no pleasing you people...Chutebox

Gotta go with this.

gotta co-sign. people will always find a way to complain.

meanwhile, the new, better made 360 coupled with the new OS (which is sure to get some buzz) will probably mean high 360 sales this fall.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
I think the original stupid idea took place three years ago when MS thought "seperate SKUs" were a good idea.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Man I am starting to worry my normal 360 will not have enough space....I could not imagine someone having an Arcade 360
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 svetzenlether

Can the Wii download demos? does the Wii have a hard drive?Can the Wii do anything besides play some terrible games? The system is selling faster than the two combined.Jamex1987

Yeah, it can play some pretty great games, too, but that's besides the point. This thread's about the 360.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Listening to the IGN podcast is a dumb idea also.
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts
The only thing I like about the arcade is I can buy it for cheep and then just take my existing hdd and put it on there. Don't need a second hdd. It's good if you have two 360's and wanna play lan or stuff. Instead of buying a premium. But if it's your first 360 then it's kinda limited. Planing on buying one for gears 2 :)
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 heretrix
and that is why they are called casuals. they dotn spend time researching. they just go what by what the hype is for a certain game. spike6566
First of all that's TOTAL BS. Most casuals usually know other more experienced gamers and can go to them for advice, just like PC casuals do.I can't count how many people have asked me my opinion on the any of the consoles. Thinking that casuals are complete morons is ridiculously stupid.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 svetzenlether

Man I am starting to worry my normal 360 will not have enough space....I could not imagine someone having an Arcade 360HarlockJC

And this brings up another point: it was a blatant money-grabbing idea by MS (among others, like charging people money to play online) to use proprietary hard drives instead of standards or notebooks.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 svetzenlether

[QUOTE="spike6566"] and that is why they are called casuals. they dotn spend time researching. they just go what by what the hype is for a certain game. heretrix
First of all that's TOTAL BS. Most casuals usually know other more experienced gamers and can go to them for advice, just like PC casuals do.I can't count how many people have asked me my opinion on the any of the consoles. Thinking that casuals are complete morons is ridiculously stupid.

Agreed. People DO research things alot of the time before making a decision.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

199 is an awesome price for a 360

if your the mother of all casuals its for you, if you want to upgrade, just upgrade...its not that hard, just make sure you have someone there to slap you for not buying the good sku in the beginning

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
It comes with a memory card. So if you want to downlaod arcade games you just use that. :|
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

Eh.... The Wi... Nuff said.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="spike6566"] and that is why they are called casuals. they dotn spend time researching. they just go what by what the hype is for a certain game. svetzenlether

Agreed. People DO research things alot of the time before making a decision.

Man, around Christmas time it can really be a pain in the ass. Not only am I asked about games and consoles, but I'm also the HD TV/Audio dude and the PC guru..It's nonstop and casuals ask a LOT of questions. They WANT to know stuff before they walk in the store.

Casuals are casuals not because they are idiots, it's because gaming isn't their primary focus.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
The Pro should be $199.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
The Pro should be $199.Zhengi
And the Wii should be $100
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
You know, there are a lot of people who will buy the arcade version and put it in their kid's rooms and it will never go online. This is a great deal. Complaining that it doesn't happen to fit your particular needs is stupid as there are other SKU's marketed for you in the first place.
littlealien8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 littlealien8
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts
There is just no pleasing you people...SpinoRaptor
what do you mean "you people"?
Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts
What do you want them to do? Reverse the Pro and Arcade SKU prices? Think about it, its not like they have just announced the arcade.