If PS3 was ,ore powerfull it would have shown it from day one.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

real_madrid_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 real_madrid_99
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Just like the xbox did, it lookedmuch better from day one to the end of this gen, if all the sony hype would have been real we would already have games that looked much better than the games available in the xbox 360, so i'm gonna have to think that the 360 is more powerfull.

.....Butseriouslydoyouthinkthatsonycouldbeatmicrosoftinatechnologystandpoint?itwasquiteobviousthatMShadmore

resourcestoworkwith.....

real_madrid_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 real_madrid_99
sorry about the end of the post some kind of glitch made all words together
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

It suffers from the same condition as the ps2....

the hidden power

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Yeah this has always been Sony's problem
real_madrid_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 real_madrid_99

It suffers from the same condition as the ps2....

the hidden power

2FacedJanus

lol

real_madrid_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 real_madrid_99

You're stupd if you don't think the games aren't going to look any better. Developers are still finding new ways to get more power out of the PS3, obviously they haven't used all of it yet. /facepalm bleehum

lol i said that if the PS3 was more powerfull it would have been clear since launch just like the case with the Xbox1 it

looked better than the PS2 form day one.............oh and try to avoid the selfownage in the future

Avatar image for Bill_McBlumpkin
Bill_McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bill_McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts

.....Butseriouslydoyouthinkthatsonycouldbeatmicrosoftinatechnologystandpoint?itwasquiteobviousthatMShadmore

resourcestoworkwith.....

real_madrid_99

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

kniveshurt18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kniveshurt18
Member since 2005 • 1506 Posts
Sony consoles all have one thing in common: Difficult architecture to utilize by developers. PS1 had this problem, PS2 had this problem, and now the PS3. X-box and 360 are much more developer friendly, which is why the system's games looked better from day 1.
das_beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 das_beck
Member since 2004 • 1204 Posts
I've been saying this from day 1!!! I'm so tired of Cows waiting for this hidden power! The truth is, and has always been in every gen, that if you rank the consoles in terms of graphics at any point int time, those rankings will be true at any other point in time. PS3 should have looked much better from day 1 but it didn't and it never will. Guess what people, there's 'hidden' power in the 360 and Wii too. All of the consoles are going to keep getting better and better.
das_beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 das_beck
Member since 2004 • 1204 Posts
How many 360 games use all 3 cores? Just wait until the 360 2 additional cores start running circles around the PS3's 7 additional DSPs... No contest.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

Just like the xbox did, it lookedmuch better from day one to the end of this gen, if all the sony hype would have been real we would already have games that looked much better than the games available in the xbox 360, so i'm gonna have to think that the 360 is more powerfull.

resourcestoworkwith.....

real_madrid_99

Not true. Xbox 360, at day one, garnered criticism for looking like Xbox 1.5 according to a few people. Took almost a year for the graphical beauty that is Gears to drop. Next.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CyanX73

I've been saying this from day 1!!! I'm so tired of Cows waiting for this hidden power! The truth is, and has always been in every gen, that if you rank the consoles in terms of graphics at any point int time, those rankings will be true at any other point in time. PS3 should have looked much better from day 1 but it didn't and it never will. Guess what people, there's 'hidden' power in the 360 and Wii too. All of the consoles are going to keep getting better and better.das_beck

I never understood this about lems. You care so much about Cows and what we do. What do you care if we're waiting for PS3 to show its power? Your 360 already did and you have a plethora of games :D. Stop spending so much time focusing on us.

real_madrid_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 real_madrid_99
[QUOTE="real_madrid_99"]

resourcestoworkwith.....

CyanX73

Not true. Xbox 360, at day one, garnered criticism for looking like Xbox 1.5 according to a few people. Took almost a year for the graphical beauty that is Gears to drop. Next.

yeabutxbox1lookedbetterthanPS2fromdayone,nowifPS3wasmorepowerfullthanxbox360itwouldhavelooked

betterthan360formdayone.

real_madrid_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 real_madrid_99
[QUOTE="CyanX73"][QUOTE="real_madrid_99"]

resourcestoworkwith.....

real_madrid_99

yeabutxbox1lookedbetterthanPS2fromdayone,nowifPS3wasmorepowerfullthanxbox360itwouldhavelooked

betterthan360formdayone.

that stupid glitch happened again but i hope ypu can understand it

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts
If the 360 was so powerful, it would have shown it from day one, insteaad of having last-gen games look so close to it's games....
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#17 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
the xbox wont get better. xbox owners are wetting their pants to see how great gears of war 2 looks but it isnt gonna be much better. it may have used 20% of the xboxes power but the game had like 15mins of story mode. dvds have limits now its gonna be good graphics and short story or long story bad graphics. the ps3 can have the best of both and will have it. all ye xbox kids will be dumping it for a ps3
LSU242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LSU242
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
Seeing as PS3 launched well after 360, your logic is flawed saying it should have been more powerful from launch.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

real_madrid_99

Would this stupid glitch involve you forgetting where the spacebar is? :P

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CyanX73

If the 360 was so powerful, it would have shown it from day one, insteaad of having last-gen games look so close to it's games....tocool340

Exactly. Halo 3 for instance. Not all games are going to be graphical works of art but I guess TC doesn't know that :roll:

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CyanX73

Just like the xbox did, it lookedmuch better from day one to the end of this gen, if all the sony hype would have been real we would already have games that looked much better than the games available in the xbox 360, so i'm gonna have to think that the 360 is more powerfull...

real_madrid_99

IMO, the PS3 launch games look better than the 360 launch games. You wanna compare launch games to Gears then of course you'll say the PS3 has not proven itself to be the most powerful. How about you wait to the next crop of games to make this comparison? Let's see what teh PS3 can do after devs have had a good amount of time to work with it. If these next games fail to impress then I'll be the first to say PS3 was an overhyped blu-ray player and not a true gaming console. But fair is fair. Give em the same amount of time that MS got to release Gears. Now had Gears been a launch game this would be a non issue and I'd be a 360 owner right now. Probably with a broken 360 too ;).

LSU242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LSU242
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
[QUOTE="real_madrid_99"]

2FacedJanus

Would this stupid glitch involve you forgetting where the spacebar is? :P

I'd have to save that is the case, seeing as no one else, as for as I know, hasn't experienced this so called "glitch."

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#23 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

I agree with the TC.

I own the PS360 and the PS3 hasn't shown anything superior to what I've seen on the x360. RFoM looks no better than CoD2 or GRAW.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
without gears of war the xbox would be in the same position as the ps3..............................WAITING. gears of war is the only thing the 360 has goin for it
kamuix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kamuix
Member since 2003 • 777 Posts
what launch 360 game looked as good as resistance? the amount of stuff going on onscreen at some points is insane.
kamuix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kamuix
Member since 2003 • 777 Posts

without gears of war the xbox would be in the same position as the ps3..............................WAITING. gears of war is the only thing the 360 has goin for itd_ano

Very true...lemmings fail to see that gears is the biggest exclusive and one of the only games making 360 a must have at this point. Sure there are alot of good games on the 360. Ghost recon, r6, oblivion but most of these games are going to ps3. I think if you compare exclusives ps3 has a wider variety.

FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
[QUOTE="real_madrid_99"]

resourcestoworkwith.....

CyanX73

IMO, the PS3 launch games look better than the 360 launch games. You wanna compare launch games to Gears then of course you'll say the PS3 has not proven itself to be the most powerful. How about you wait to the next crop of games to make this comparison? Let's see what teh PS3 can do after devs have had a good amount of time to work with it. If these next games fail to impress then I'll be the first to say PS3 was an overhyped blu-ray player and not a true gaming console. But fair is fair. Give em the same amount of time that MS got to release Gears. Now had Gears been a launch game this would be a non issue and I'd be a 360 owner right now. Probably with a broken 360 too ;).

And thats the problem!!!! Take off the Sony standard issued "moo moo" goggles and take a look at what the gaming community as a whole sees in the PS3....bland, washed out, low detail yet high resolution games. You are so stuck on Gears comparisons that you dont see that the PS3 has yet to offer anything that looks on par with the 360 launch titles. All ports launched simultaneously on 360 and PS3, the PS3 version looks like trash compared to its conterpart...But dont take my word, look at the reviews of the games across all gaming sites!!!

The PS3 was touted as God's gift to Sony to hand down to us mere gamers for the "reasonable" fee of $600. Instead its a lackluster machine that the industry as a whole has completely ignored. Where are the "only on blu-ray" exclusives that shows the world Sony holds the key to gaming salvation? The games that make devs envious for not creating the content on the Sony machine and gives PS3 owners eternal bliss with thier gaming console?

Game On...

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

very true..it would have.......

sony will as always depend on its games library..

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
But Wii showed its power from day one! The power of the Gamecube!
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LosDaddie

without gears of war the xbox would be in the same position as the ps3..............................WAITING. gears of war is the only thing the 360 has goin for itd_ano

Actually, the x360 already had 1mil+ sellers at this point in its life: CoD2, GRAW and Oblivion

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LosDaddie

what launch 360 game looked as good as resistance? the amount of stuff going on onscreen at some points is insane.kamuix

CoD2 is easily on par with RFoM.

hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

these threads are stupid....im happy to shoot down any arguments you throw up

1. multiplats look better on 360...

answ= and there all mostly made by ubisoft who seem to have not even tried to do well on the ps3.....and look at oblivion on ps3= better:P

2. 360 games look better.....

answ= 360 been out longer, u fail

3. 360 was released first so its games will always look better....

answ= wrong simply because it is.....

4. 360 has better hardware.....

answ= wrong!...and it seems less reliable.

5. ps3 games look bad now so they always will...

answ= not only is that wrong but it dosnt make sense, tell me launch ps2 games were the same as the ones realsed years later

6. ps3 would have shown its self better

answ= theres no doubt that 360 and ps3 are close on graphics..the ps3 seems better on power. but we will never know at this moment because the ps3 has only been out world wide for 3-4 months :| so how are we deciding anything now?

il try to keep with this thread and reply to any not so clever people.....

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

resourcestoworkwith.....

real_madrid_99

Ok, I bash PS3 a lot. However, what you said is just wrong. No console in history has shown its true power ON DAY ONE!

Launch games vs. Some of the finalgames on consoles

1. Atari 2600 -- Combat, Enduro

2. NES -- Kung Fu., Kirby's Adventure

3. SNES -- Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 3

4. N64 -- Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64

5. PS2 -- Fantavision, God of War 2

6. Xbox -- Halo, Ninja Gaiden Black

No console in history has ever shown its true power on day one.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
it's obvious to me that if the ps3 is better, it isnt better by much. Oh, and I know about the words together glitch. It happens to me on this site recently for some reason
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

Lets give the Sony fanboys a lil break, they arent use to seeing bump mapped graphics, more than a handful of characters of the screen, while having detailed models (i.e. fingers instead of a slab for a hand!!!) all on the screen at once. They now have a machine that can produce these graphics and since its a Sony it must be the best right?!?!?

Game On....

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="real_madrid_99"]

resourcestoworkwith.....

CyanX73

When it's closest competition was it's predecessor and the Gamecube, it wasn't that hard for it to top them.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
the xbox wont get better. xbox owners are wetting their pants to see how great gears of war 2 looks but it isnt gonna be much better. it may have used 20% of the xboxes power but the game had like 15mins of story mode. dvds have limits now its gonna be good graphics and short story or long story bad graphics. the ps3 can have the best of both and will have it. all ye xbox kids will be dumping it for a ps3d_ano
Then explain Mass Effect.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HuusAsking
Okay, cows. Challenge for you. What was the highest-rated PS3 launch game? The highest-rated Day One game? I bet you none of them beat either Kameo (which which a Day Zero--it beat the consoel to launch) or Call of Duty 2, both of which garnered high 8's. I'll even leave Perfect Dark Zero, a 9.0, out of the argument so you don't call bias.
PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PDark_Prodigy
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

Theoretical vs Actual...if a developer is talented enough to ever reach or use the cell and RSX together in a way that reaches the Theoretical power of the combination then perhaps the PS3 could pull off some fancy pretty spectacular graphics but for now ports and the complexity of ever reaching a theoretical peak performance is probably time consuming and not worth the time in the end so the games don't come out in the end as anything that hasn't already been done.

In the end we may find out that the cell is better suited for servers and Toshiba HDTV's, for history has shown that CISC architecture, i.e. Intel and AMD x86 processors, are usually favored over RISC architecture, i.e. CELL.

I don't know that is just CE perspective not a Sony fanboy perspective for Im not even really a sony fan.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HuusAsking

Theoretical vs Actual...if a developer is talented enough to ever reach or use the cell and RSX together in a way that reaches the Theoretical power of the combination then perhaps the PS3 could pull off some fancy pretty spectacular graphics but for now ports and the complexity of ever reaching a theoretical peak performance is probably time consuming and not worth the time in the end so the games don't come out in the end as anything that hasn't already been done.

In the end we may find out that the cell is better suited for servers and Toshiba HDTV's, for history has shown that CISC architecture, i.e. Intel and AMD x86 processors, are usually favored over RISC architecture, i.e. CELL.

I don't know that is just CE perspective not a Sony fanboy perspective for Im not even really a sony fan.

PDark_Prodigy

You do know that all three current-gen consoles use RISC-based processors (all Power-based).

I think what you mean to say is that sometimes simpler is better (like a basic multicore).

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]If the 360 was so powerful, it would have shown it from day one, insteaad of having last-gen games look so close to it's games....CyanX73

Exactly. Halo 3 for instance. Not all games are going to be graphical works of art but I guess TC doesn't know that :roll:

Or in the PS3's case, not any games...
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
Take a look at Heavenly Sword and shove it, TC. False premise. The upcoming games (nearly all of them) stomp the 360 lineup.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HuusAsking
Take a look at Heavenly Sword and shove it, TC. False premise. The upcoming games (nearly all of them) stomp the 360 lineup.Redfingers
Mass Effect and Halo 3 beg to differ. The average 360 game scores higher than the average PS3 game, and GS has said that they'll hold both systems to the same standard.
PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PDark_Prodigy
[QUOTE="PDark_Prodigy"]

HuusAsking

You do know that all three current-gen consoles use RISC-based processors (all Power-based).

I think what you mean to say is that sometimes simpler is better (like a basic multicore).

http://www.amigau.com/aig/riscisc.html

When I say CISC im talking Complex Instruction Set Computer and RISC Reduced Instruction Set Computer, if you look at the link or google CISC or RISC you will find that the Intel processors are CISC based. Please prove me wrong but I was certain that the 360 uses intel based processors or is it using PowerPC. if thats the case then I am wrong and then in that case yes I will use your term...basic multicore;).

PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PDark_Prodigy
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="PDark_Prodigy"]

PDark_Prodigy

http://www.amigau.com/aig/riscisc.html

When I say CISC im talking Complex Instruction Set Computer and RISC Reduced Instruction Set Computer, if you look at the link or google CISC or RISC you will find that the Intel processors are CISC based. Please prove me wrong but I was certain that the 360 uses intel based processors or is it using PowerPC. if thats the case then I am wrong and then in that case yes I will use your term...basic multicore;).

Yeah you are right IBM did use the powerPC architecture for the TRIO cpu design in the 360, either way the PS3s combo RSX and CELL is a lot more complex when coding then just coding for standard hardware.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
The PS3 is more powerful than the PS2 and has shown it from day one.. There you go. It doesn't need to prove it has better graphics than the 360... Graphics don't effect sales whatsoever... proven fact throughout the last generations of gaming..
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

resourcestoworkwith.....

real_madrid_99

You make zero sense. First off, the Xbox came out almost 2 years later than the PS2 and was in development at a later time and therefore had access to newer hardware. The PS3 and 360 were in development at the same time and the PS3 was only delayed due to Sony's massive failure of a manufacturing process.These delays also screwed over devs and many got their alpha dev kits late...most didn't get final dev kits until right before the console came out or even later. Two totally different scenarios.

Second, the difficulties with the new PS3 hardware create another barrier for developers to over come.The original xbox was built almost identically to a PC and therefore devs had access to full power practically from day one. Advancements in graphics were made by making the coding more efficient. The most reasonable comparison I think is that the launch titles for PS3 look noticeably better than the launch titles for the 360. Only a fanboy would deny it. But to expect a difficult console with production problems to be hugely better in graphics in not just unfair but completely unreasonable.

IN short...you are wrong.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CyanX73
[QUOTE="CyanX73"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"]If the 360 was so powerful, it would have shown it from day one, insteaad of having last-gen games look so close to it's games....AfterShafter

Or in the PS3's case, not any games...

None of the games coming out impress you?

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="real_madrid_99"]

resourcestoworkwith.....

ZIMdoom

You make zero sense. First off, the Xbox came out almost 2 years later than the PS2 and was in development at a later time and therefore had access to newer hardware. The PS3 and 360 were in development at the same time and the PS3 was only delayed due to Sony's massive failure of a manufacturing process.These delays also screwed over devs and many got their alpha dev kits late...most didn't get final dev kits until right before the console came out or even later. Two totally different scenarios.

Second, the difficulties with the new PS3 hardware create another barrier for developers to over come.The original xbox was built almost identically to a PC and therefore devs had access to full power practically from day one. Advancements in graphics were made by making the coding more efficient. The most reasonable comparison I think is that the launch titles for PS3 look noticeably better than the launch titles for the 360. Only a fanboy would deny it. But to expect a difficult console with production problems to be hugely better in graphics in not just unfair but completely unreasonable.

IN short...you are wrong.

So you're saying GameSpot is a fanboy? Then explain why not one game scored higher than the 360's Day Zero game: Kameo--with GS saying they're holding both consoles to the same standard?
Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
I agree, and thats why I consider PS3 a flop! It was supposed to blow everything out of the water from launch, just like all the Sonny sheeple aid it would. It is STILL playing catch up in every regard, and Sony sheeple have a whole new slogan, "Just wait". You gotta wait for years for the PS3 to be worth buying. Im still not getting one, though, no matter if there's a price drop or not. I will invest my funds into my Three Six Oh!