IF ps3 is #1 this gen the gaming industry is going to go down hill!!!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnimeXas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AnimeXas
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

***Read before you post please***

Ok before you get the "Your a fanboy!!!" im just going to say a few things. Sony has made a console with a 600$ price tag and thats expensive!!! Of course the little kids 13 and under have most likely no idea what money means and most of them just ask there moms and dads for ps3's

However a 600$ console is going over the edge! I dont care what any sony fanboy has to say about the xbox360 being 700$ because of live because thats a load of bull! Paying 600$ up front  is diffrent then paying 50$ a year for live....thats like saying buying a game for xbox360 is making the console more money.

Anyways to get to my point! If sony wins this gen they will just release another console over 600$ that could reach the thousands and guess whos fault thats going to be?? People dum enough to pay 600$ on a console.

Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
If you want the best, you have got to pay for it!
kutaragism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kutaragism
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Shu76
Or steal it out of a parked loading van.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
it will just show that people never change
AnimeXas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AnimeXas
What?? are you serious!!! Ps3 isnt even that much better in terms of graphics....hell it might even be worse and i can feed you a few links if you want just to show you that xbox360's GPU matches and in some way surpasses ps3's gpu. Ps3 has blu-ray player which half the people buying this console wont even need....if sony dropped the blu-ray player i would consider buying one
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
That's why PC is dominating, despite what console fanboys might believe.
AnimeXas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AnimeXas
it will just show that people never changedeadmeat59
Yah not to mention the fact that ps4 will probably be 1000$+ dollars
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.
AnimeXas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AnimeXas
[QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Boba_Fett_3710

uhh...PC dominating??? If you count the little kid games like put put saves the zoo mabey....
AnimeXas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AnimeXas
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.

Soz ill take you up on the bet that sony wont win!! Wii has this one despite the fact what i believe or you belive wii has already almost reached xbox360 in terms of sales...ps3 isnt even close yet
kutaragism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kutaragism
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! AnimeXas

uhh...PC dominating??? If you count the little kid games like put put saves the zoo mabey....

You got a problem with put put?
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! AnimeXas

...or if you count all of the PC ports that go to 360 (that's right, child, xbox games were designed for PC first).
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Ok before you get the "Your a fanboy!!!" im just going to say a few things. Sony has made a console with a 600$ price tag and thats expensive!!! Of course the little kids 13 and under have most likely no idea what money means and most of them just ask there moms and dads for ps3's

However a 600$ console is going over the edge! I dont care what any sony fanboy has to say about the xbox360 being 700$ because of live because thats a load of bull! Paying 600$ up front  is diffrent then paying 50$ a year for live....thats like saying buying a game for xbox360 is making the console more money.

Anyways to get to my point! If sony wins this gen they will just release another console over 600$ that could reach the thousands and guess whos fault thats going to be?? People dum enough to pay 600$ on a console.

AnimeXas
If Sony wins this gen its because people found the PS3 worth paying for and the hardware it provided worth the price. People arent gonna pay thousands of dollars for a product if they dont find it worthwile. Your arguement can work for every system. "If the Xbox 360 wins then MS will just keep getting in the habbit of rushing consoles and then remaking them a year after launch milking the consumers, on top of charging for online and tons of add ons." Or the Wii "If Nintendo wins then that means that consoles will be released with little improvements hardware wise from the previous generation. That means console devs. can sell you a new console and drop support of the old one and not really offer you much more power graphically." If Sony wins its because the gaming public liked what it delivered hardware and game wise. That means the gaming industry wont go downhill because the gaming industry voted for its success with its wallet.
uforaverwill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uforaverwill
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

[QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! kutaragism

I LOL'D 

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Boba_Fett_3710

[QUOTE="kutaragism"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! uforaverwill

I LOL'D

I don't see anything wrong with stealing if you can't afford it.
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.

I like ur crystall ball :lol: poor cows they always think that playstation is the best.. but guess what there are two more companies MS and Nintendo and both of them are killing sony :(
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.

I like ur crystall ball :lol: poor cows they always think that playstation is the best.. but guess what there are two more companies MS and Nintendo and both of them are killing sony :(

Yes, last gen they said that its the sales that matter, not graphics. Now that Wii is beating the PS3 in sales and the 360 in graphics, the poor cows have resorted to fanboyish claims. Attention cows: There is no light at the end of the tunnel.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
If Sony won this generation after all the negative press and bad luck they are having, I would have to commend them, and I'm not even a cow. And I don't understand why you just point out the PS3. The 360 is no cheap sucker either, especially now that you have the Elite. Seriously, if either the 360 or PS3 win this generation, it is going to show MS and Sony that people are willing to fork over $400 to $600 dollars for a console. So you can bet next generation, there will even more expensive consoles if they come in 1st and 2nd.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

The PC is doing well but in order to be "dominating" you have to have something to dominate. The PC is not really in any competition, consoles war amongst themselves, they don't really affect the PC, or vice versa.
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.

sounds like words of a Jealous Man. insecure much?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spartan070
[QUOTE="uforaverwill"]

[QUOTE="kutaragism"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Boba_Fett_3710

I LOL'D

I don't see anything wrong with stealing if you can't afford it.

I'll trust that was poorly laid out sarcasm...
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Spartan070

The PC is doing well but in order to be "dominating" you have to have something to dominate. The PC is not really in any competition, consoles war amongst themselves, they don't really affect the PC, or vice versa.

I guess you're right, I just meant to say that PC is still going strong. Although, PC is dominating Mac, if that counts for anything. I'm a Shermit so I likes me some Nintendo and PC.
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
[QUOTE="Uzburacuz9"][QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.

sounds like words of a Jealous Man. insecure much?

sounds like someone doesnt like the truth :roll:
Citan_Uzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Citan_Uzuki
Member since 2002 • 1865 Posts

well I would rather spend $600 on a console that lasts 6+ years than buy a $400 console that last 4 years or less. Sony at least supports its older hardware after it launches its new console whereas Ms abandoned the xbox months before the 360 launched I mean besides a few 3rd party games in the mothes leading up to and after the 360 launch there was nothing released for the xbox. Ms effectively killed their console after less than 4 years(nov 2001-2005).

ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts
[QUOTE="AnimeXas"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Boba_Fett_3710

...or if you count all of the PC ports that go to 360 (that's right, child, xbox games were designed for PC first).

What ?? Like crackdown, Dead rising, Vegas?? I have 360 and a PC, and i can safetly say that i have great games on both. And no i woulden't buy Prey on 360 just like a woulden't buy Vegas on PC. But thats ok if you want endles Japanese RPG sequels with effeminate people for a story that is about as compelling as a smelly sock.. And yes you can praise your MGS4. How many re-hashes do you need? Infact Japanese developers are still in their arcade routes of yesteryear. Time to move on to a more varied console for gaming methinks.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boba_Fett_3710
It's give and take for most PC-360 games, though usually the PC version is better because it's not confined to limited hardware. BTW, Prey for PC is INCREDIBLE!
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spartan070
though usually the PC version is better because it's not confined to limited hardware. Boba_Fett_3710
That's true but often they are subjected to the "average" settings of many PC gamers. Probably not for you but for many. There will probably be many people who buy UT on one of the consoles because it'll run better there then it would on "their" PC. UT on consoles....***shivers***:P
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]though usually the PC version is better because it's not confined to limited hardware. Spartan070
That's true but often they are subjected to the "average" settings of many PC gamers. Probably not for you but for many. There will probably be many people who buy UT on one of the consoles because it'll run better there then it would on "their" PC. UT on consoles....***shivers***:P

I agree. PC to console doesn't translate well, we learned this when Diablo was released for Playstation and C&C and Starcraft was released for N64.
Citan_Uzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Citan_Uzuki
Member since 2002 • 1865 Posts

[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="AnimeXas"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! ardylicious

What ?? Like crackdown, Dead rising, Vegas?? I have 360 and a PC, and i can safetly say that i have great games on both. And no i woulden't buy Prey on 360 just like a woulden't buy Vegas on PC. But thats ok if you want endles Japanese RPG sequels with effeminate people for a story that is about as compelling as a smelly sock.. And yes you can praise your MGS4. How many re-hashes do you need? Infact Japanese developers are still in their arcade routes of yesteryear. Time to move on to a more varied console for gaming methinks.

you do realiza dead rising was made by a japanese developer......... I love how you use the rehash argument yet you use a rainbox six game which has had how many sequels and expansions(at least 5 by my count). Also I hate how people like you who don't even play the games judge japanese rpgs by bashing character designs ands stories you haven't even experienced in full. what you and the TC don't realize is sony is the reason the games industry has grown so much by creating a casual fanbase that helps drive console sales by having such high install bases devs will try more ideas that may not have risked in the past because the potential market is much bigger games like guitar hero and katamari were successes because the ps2 had such a high fanbase that they were able to reach a sizable audience evenm though they were experimental games in nature.

what I fear happening is not so much sony becoming too successful but MS because MS doen't understand the dynamics of the industry they try to apply PC thinking to consoles and thus we would have shortened lifespans of consoles(essetially they have a whats good right now mentality they don't think ahead very much which is why the xbox only had a 4 year lifespan and why we are now seeing the elite 360 coming out they adapt but do not anticipate the changes in the industry).The 360 and xbox were and are great systems but I feel MS becoming the leader by a wide margin in any gen would be worse than sony winning again. every gen sony have won the industry has grown. Complain about $600 pricetag now and lack of games but the fact is sony 's goal is to sell steadily over the entire lifespan and I have no doubt they will sell a hefty amount of ps3 when its all said and done they may not regain the lead but nobody will dominate this gen like they did last gen.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]though usually the PC version is better because it's not confined to limited hardware. Boba_Fett_3710

I agree. PC to console doesn't translate well, we learned this when Diablo was released for Playstation and C&C and Starcraft was released for N64.

Yeah, Diablo was 1000x better on PC. C&C3 will probably be a lot worse on 360, although I haven't tried it yet on PC.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Yeah, if you want the best (Wii60), you've got to pay for it. :D
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts

MMM yeah anyways PS1 and PS2 were pretty much at top and by a huge difference and nothing went that wrong in fact things have gotten better. Nintendo would've never made the Wii if it wasn't for sony.

They knew going the old way (improving graphics improving the console's power) isn't enough to compete against 2 big money makers, they inovated instead and are now going for the "non-gamers" Why do you think nintendo claims the Wii new-gen, and that they are not competing against the PS3 nor the X360... anyways see it as you like.

And of course Sony will do "bad" things for gaming (the price tag like you suggest) but so will any other company, Nintendo if its first won't be a huge difference either, don't you remember hwo expensive the snes or n64 were back in the days. And MS well seems like they want to try to put consoles on a optional upgrade thing like pc... anyways as long as there are games I could care less.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

AnimeXas
Of course the next time Sony releases a console it will be more expensive. One, there's inflation involved that affects every aspect of game making. Two, they always add more technology that costs more. Did you expect all game systems to stay at the NES price set back in '86? Give us a break. Besides, a ton of the 360 owners I talk to own a HDTV. That TV alone costs more than $600 in most cases. Do you own a HDTV? If you don't and can;t afford it, maybe you should be looking at the Wii, PS2, or Xbox. This next-gen, the HD gen, is for big boys. Just stick to your sandbox. Heck, I can;t afford the car I want. Do I run around crying about how Mercedes should drop their price for me? No. Why? Becuase they have buyers who know quality costs something.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
If the PS3, or even 360, win this gen we will see a marked shift towards multimedia where gaming is simply a facet of the overall package rather than the focal point.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]who should be #1 then? MS? 3 different X360 versions. $180 for 120GB, lots of add-ons, if they win, they will increase XBL fees. Nintendo? do you want play mini-games all your life? Sony is best. and they will win.AnimeXas
Soz ill take you up on the bet that sony wont win!! Wii has this one despite the fact what i believe or you belive wii has already almost reached xbox360 in terms of sales...ps3 isnt even close yet

I would take that bet but because you can't even afford 600 bucks, it isn't even worth placing a bet!!!

HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HazeNPopes
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts

lol, poor hermits, trying to squeeze themselves into console wars.
KILLERJAK702KA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KILLERJAK702KA
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
I been with Sony Since PS1 and little by little im starting to follow Sony Once again there actully turning around and making right decisions instead of talking but im gonna wait till end of 07 see how much there online improve and if FFXIII,Kingdom Hearts 3,and MGS4 are gonna be exclusives for sure cause if there not theres no point and i forgot the KILLER GAME no not the Crappy KILLZONE 2 which i was an owner of KILLZONE and it sucked but SOCOM 4 the True BIG SHOOTTER THAT WILL KILL KILLZONE 2 and everything that will offer.
ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts

[QUOTE="ardylicious"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="AnimeXas"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Citan_Uzuki

you do realiza dead rising was made by a japanese developer......... I love how you use the rehash argument yet you use a rainbox six game which has had how many sequels and expansions(at least 5 by my count). Also I hate how people like you who don't even play the games judge japanese rpgs by bashing character designs ands stories you haven't even experienced in full. what you and the TC don't realize is sony is the reason the games industry has grown so much by creating a casual fanbase that helps drive console sales by having such high install bases devs will try more ideas that may not have risked in the past because the potential market is much bigger games like guitar hero and katamari were successes because the ps2 had such a high fanbase that they were able to reach a sizable audience evenm though they were experimental games in nature.

what I fear happening is not so much sony becoming too successful but MS because MS doen't understand the dynamics of the industry they try to apply PC thinking to consoles and thus we would have shortened lifespans of consoles(essetially they have a whats good right now mentality they don't think ahead very much which is why the xbox only had a 4 year lifespan and why we are now seeing the elite 360 coming out they adapt but do not anticipate the changes in the industry).The 360 and xbox were and are great systems but I feel MS becoming the leader by a wide margin in any gen would be worse than sony winning again. every gen sony have won the industry has grown. Complain about $600 pricetag now and lack of games but the fact is sony 's goal is to sell steadily over the entire lifespan and I have no doubt they will sell a hefty amount of ps3 when its all said and done they may not regain the lead but nobody will dominate this gen like they did last gen.

My argument for Dead rising is that it was not available on PC, so my gaming is widened by choices. yes it is japanese developed and therfore is a non nonsence third person shooter. Not a technically innovative game you have to admit, but one of the best games on 360. Rainbow 6 has had many rehashes and all had many control methodfs changed. Rainbow six went down after Raven Sheild. A bit of Consolitis methinks. Now it takes on a linear bob up and down and shoot , etc, etc. True i haven't played FF games since IV because the plots just don't appeal.. If you want to keep playing them and they are playable for you then thats great. but its hardly going to make the industry make leaps, hence the original post. The plots and story lines just don't float my boat, but then i am 30 so my Nintendo days are over , although in truth they never begun.. The 360 has the most diverse games of any system. you have to admit? Sony's only prominence is lack of competition. The death of Sega and nintendos low budget consoles paved the way for Sony. Great games? Debateable. I have been playing games since the zx81 and the influx of the japanese market has steem rollered some of the greatest designers in the UK. Creating a market soley of run and jump affairs, car games and third person hack and slash(GoW and Okami spring to mind). If you like these games thats great but monoplosing the industry with nothing but, is a bad idea. Which is why i think M$'s introduction into this industry is a good one. Its a credit that the PC took over much of the Amigas success with more thought provoking games. So although we can insult each and everyones gaming preference the original post does has some food for thought
Jockss2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jockss2
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

you also have to realize the price of everything rises over time (inflation) so $600 now isnt like $600 10 years ago when the ps1 was $200 that seemed outrageous at the time too

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! HazeNPopes

I have to laugh at this, it's true lol.
joneh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 joneh2
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

[QUOTE="HazeNPopes"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Shu76"]If you want the best, you have got to pay for it! Spartan070

I have to laugh at this, it's true lol.

HAHAHA wassamatta you? YOu bin eatin da bad pie in my nickers?

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts

However a 600$ console is going over the edge! I dont care what any sony fanboy has to say about the xbox360 being 700$ because of live because thats a load of bull! Paying 600$ up front is diffrent then paying 50$ a year for live....thats like saying buying a game for xbox360 is making the console more money.

AnimeXas
There are ppl dumb enough to pay $400+ for a last gen consol possin as a next gen consol ......hint..........xbox180/xbox360. BTW the xbox360 elite is $480 with out the hd-dvd drive which is close to $200. But if SONY wins this consol war, which it most likely will cuz its a REAL next gen consol, I hope their next consol isn't as/or more expensive,
joneh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 joneh2
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
[QUOTE="AnimeXas"]

However a 600$ console is going over the edge! I dont care what any sony fanboy has to say about the xbox360 being 700$ because of live because thats a load of bull! Paying 600$ up front is diffrent then paying 50$ a year for live....thats like saying buying a game for xbox360 is making the console more money.

insomnia37

There are ppl dumb enough to pay $400+ for a last gen consol possin as a next gen consol ......hint..........xbox180/xbox360. BTW the xbox360 elite is $480 with out the hd-dvd drive which is close to $200. But if SONY wins this consol war, which it most likely will cuz its a REAL next gen consol, I hope their next consol isn't as/or more expensive,

Everyone poses nowadays, the world will end tomorrow because of PS3, thats just how bad it is then we will be saved by angelic xboxs wielding wiimotes who save us. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?!?

sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sunscorch
Member since 2004 • 2512 Posts
i think it will depend on when their sales peak. when they have a price drop i think their sales will incease and level off at a higher rate. i would be supprised if the next system they release will be higher then the current price.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]it will just show that people never changeAnimeXas
Yah not to mention the fact that ps4 will probably be 1000$+ dollars

:lol:

AnimeXas, the level 1 holder of Universal Truth, and his flawless forecasts.

dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dmaximum
Member since 2004 • 700 Posts
I see this console war as a transition period. I believe the next gen of consoles will be cheaper than this gen because both MS and Sony are trying to move the mainstream to hidef media this gen. Prices for this media will come down over the next five years, so theoretically next gen machines should be cheaper.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

AnimeXas
That is a great observation and the reason being is you can compare it to gasoline. Gasoline at one point when I first got my license was $1.05 a gallon and now its way over $2 a gallon. It will never go down past $2 every again, and you know why? Because people are willing to pay $2 for a gallong of gas. Now if PS3 goes off and wins this generation at $600 a pop, there is no doubt in my mind that their next system will be more expensive and they will say it has this and that, and the people that bought it at $600 will sit there and say well this new version has this and that and they will spend their money. Its basically on the same ground as gasoline, the martket will stay where it is at as long as consumers puchase it. If they do they just push it a little bit higher.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
TC go to hell becuase Nintendo runs the handheld game and the handheld game is fine. Sony can win again but it wont be as bad as the ps2's victory.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Well then you should buy a $5000 gaming PC, Mr Elitist. I'm no hermit, but there have been gaming rigs that could kill the PS3 for about a year. Now the gaming rigs available for those with the bread can kill the PS3 and then kill it's kids for good measure. PCs will always be the 'best' because they are modular. It's not like you can pop a new graphics card in your PS3 every 2 years.