IF one of the big three were to quit gaming forever.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

which one would you notice/care about the least? Btw When I say microsoft this only means games, windows would still be usable for gaming on PC obviously.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Microsoft.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Microsoft.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Microsoft, not even close.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Toss up between nintendo and microsoft for me.. I'd probably give the nod to nintendo.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Aw man, voting one off the island is hard. But honestly, I would hate to see any of them go. I'd have to go with microsoft, but the exclusives that I love move over to the Playstation.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inb4uall

Aw man, voting one off the island is hard. But honestly, I would hate to see any of them go. I'd have to go with microsoft, but the exclusives that I love move over to the Playstation.

verbtex

you can't do that the entire point is having to say good bye to your fav games lol :lol::P:(

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
If MS left, would anything of value be lost?
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

Probably Microsoft, and primarily because nostalgia factors in for the other two. Although that first time playing Halo:CE is an awesome gaming memory, as is the first time playing Gears of War.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 verbtex  Moderator

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

inb4uall

you can't do that the entire point is having to say good bye to your fav games lol :lol::P:(

Oh, well if that's the case then I guess I can't enjoy Halo, Gears, Forza, Alan Wake and others anymore.

By the way, is there a sequel to Kameo? I remember playing this game, but I don't remember if there would ever be a successor.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

Sony could leave right now, and I wouldn't notice.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

By the way, is there a sequel to Kameo? I remember playing this game, but I don't remember if there would ever be a successor.

verbtex

There was,but it got canned.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
M$
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inb4uall

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

verbtex

Oh, well if that's the case then I guess I can't enjoy Halo, Gears, Forza, Alan Wake and others anymore.

okay poor choice of words on my part. your xbox and 360 would still exsist along with their games but there would be no future halo, gears, forza alan wake. We're assuming the company just quits and spitfully takes all of their games with them.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

Nintendo

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 verbtex  Moderator

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

[QUOTE="inb4uall"] you can't do that the entire point is having to say good bye to your fav games lol :lol::P:(

inb4uall

okay poor choice of words on my part. your xbox and 360 would still exsist along with their games but there would be no future halo, gears, forza alan wake. We're assuming the company just quits and spitfully takes all of their games with them.

Ah, so based on what is released today, if one were just to decide to give everything up TODAY I have to make a choice? Let me think about that.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Microsoft.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Definitely Microsoft.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inb4uall

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

verbtex

Ah, so based on what is released today, if one were just to decide to give everything up TODAY I have to make a choice? Let me think about that.

correct they can't take games you already have but you will get no new games from them

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I'd hate to see any of them go.Competition is good. Say what you want about Microsoft, but they shook things up this gen.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaveedLife

I'd hate to see any of them go.Competition is good. Say what you want about Microsoft, but they shook things up this gen.

heretrix

Yeah they did. There were red lights everywhere! :P

Seriously though, how did either Sony or MS "shake things up"?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Microsoft I would say I would miss the least. Nintendo I would miss the most. Microsoft is the best insured against leaving gaming. They have lost Billions and Billions on The Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox 360 S/Kinect. Very few corperations can withstand that.

Sony and Nintendo are more likely to exit the gaming business. Nintendo is the most at risk if the 8th generation does not go well, Then Sony next is at Risk should PS4 not do well.

Nintendo I would miss the most if the company went under. They are the only videogame only company. Microsoft and Sony have other things to fall back on.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

I'd hate to see anyone go, but i'd have to say Microsoft

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
Nintendo .... or ms though i would like Nintendo to go 3rd party because the last there console were underwellming the only games i liked were first party games
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Though I love them all, I have to admit that I have the least history with Microsoft, and they aren't really making me go back to my Xbox with the Kinect focus lately.

That said, I would NOT want them to leave the gaming market.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

NaveedLife

microsoft set the sandard for online gaming, Personally I think Sony copied them and now provides a equally good service for free but watever. Sony didn't shake anything up but they pump out a crap ton of exculsives, and remain the only company dedicated to core gamers even if its because they failed with PSmove and are forced to do so. They also entered the handheld war this gen and were the first to oppose nintendo in that area. ( at least that I know of)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

*laughs hard*

we've had this poll many times before on system wars, and people actually think that system wars communal opinion even matters. by the way I didn't vote.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

I'd have to go with Microsoft. They don't offer anything in terms of first party games. Sony usually offers 2 or 3 great games each gen and Nintendo offered many excellent outings this gen as they always do.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Nintendo. If they left it wouldn't affect me at all.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 inb4uall

*laughs hard*

we've had this poll many times before on system wars, and people actually think that system wars communal opinion even matters. by the way I didn't vote.

WilliamRLBaker

lol putting that out there for future referance now are we? I sees wut u did thar;):P

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

microsoft...maybe if they had better in house studio's i'd pick ninty, but halo,fable and forza isn't enough for me to be impressed

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

inb4uall

microsoft set the sandard for online gaming, Personally I think Sony copied them and now provides a equally good service for free but watever. Sony didn't shake anything up but they pump out a crap ton of exculsives, and remain the only company dedicated to core gamers even if its because they failed with PSmove and are forced to do so. They also entered the handheld war this gen and were the first to oppose nintendo in that area. ( at least that I know of)

PC set the standard for online gaming. Consoles are always just playing catch up with PC.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 inb4uall

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

PC set the standard for online gaming. Consoles are always just playing catch up with PC.

my bad miscrosoft brought the online to console

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]microsoft set the sandard for online gaming, Personally I think Sony copied them and now provides a equally good service for free but watever. Sony didn't shake anything up but they pump out a crap ton of exculsives, and remain the only company dedicated to core gamers even if its because they failed with PSmove and are forced to do so. They also entered the handheld war this gen and were the first to oppose nintendo in that area. ( at least that I know of)

inb4uall

Sure, you could argue they are the pioneer of console online, I would just argue that that would happen no matter what, since it was the natural progression.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
MS
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
I wouldn't be hurt if Microsoft suddenly decided to quit since I've been doing fine without them (mostly anyway) so far, so I wouldn't lose anything. Whatever the Xbox would get, it would just be on whatever system Sony has, and maybe a few of them on Nintendo's systems. So in the end we'd still get just about all the same games, just on fewer systems. Not much of a loss really.
ps3theJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ps3theJT
Member since 2010 • 1137 Posts

Nintendo

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 inb4uall

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Sure, you could argue they are the pioneer of console online, I would just argue that that would happen no matter what, since it was the natural progression.

watever if I had said MS didn't do squat tho we would have had a riot on or hands

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="inb4uall"] my bad miscrosoft brought the online to console

inb4uall

watever if I had said MS didn't do squat tho we would have had a riot on or hands

lmao I hear ya. I will give them credit where credit is due, I just don't feel like there is all that much credit due :P. They strike me as awfully lazy. They could have fixed the RROD far before they did (if the slim is anymore durable) and worst of all, they don't try a whole hell of a lot with their games. halo...Halo...FORZA...Halo...Halo...That about sums it up for first party releases. Their variation in genres came from Rare (who went downhill anyway), who is now stuck making kinect junk.

VALikimlav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VALikimlav
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
I think Sony should. It seems as if all their first party games, while good, are derived from other games.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Microsoft.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#43 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Microsoft

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

If Sony left I wouldn't care much, but I have a feeling the overall console industry might get a little better, so it'd still affect me somewhat if I ever buy a console again.

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

I'd probably care least if Sony left. That said, I still wouldn't want any of them to leave.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Microsoft. Not an easy choice.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts
If I were to choose one, it would be Microsoft.
rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

6 votes for Sony

WilliamRLBaldface

loosingENDs

StrongDeadLift

HaloInventedFPSLULZ

Forzageassface

jimmypsn

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Sony. The only Sony exclusives I even care about are from third parties (like MGS4).
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Microsoft brings the least amount to the table. Halo and Forza can go multiplat. Next up would be Sony. Then Nintendo.