If kojima was not behind silent hills I am bettings fans would not give 2 cents about it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Commiesdie
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

Talk about ass kissing

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

k, im sure it has nothing to do with being a good demo

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Any subtlety the game had would be out the door.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Lets see how Kojima goes now that he isn't bank rolled by Konami, because reports are that MGSV's budget eclipsed 80 million dollars.

Kojima's money tree is gone

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

The problem was Silent Hill fans didn't care about it even with Kojima, it was Kojima fans that hyped it up.

It doesn't matter what it is, people hype anything this guy is attached to.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Lets see how Kojima goes now that he isn't bank rolled by Konami, because reports are that MGSV's budget eclipsed 80 million dollars.

MGSV was also developed for 5 different platforms and had an engine built from scratch. Not exactly comparable.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

P.T. was super popular on YouTube.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

one of the most celebrated developers in history announces he's working on the next silent hill game. then he puts out P.T. as a demo for silent hills and it scares the shit out of everyone.

the hype wasn't unfounded. or are you complaining that not everyone hates kojima as much as you?

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Commiesdie

@princeofshapeir:

I have loved silent hill even before this new one besides must of his other. work outside of metal gear sucked

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Your opinion. Also shitty username. I should make one: Fascistsdie.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

I didn't give two shits about Kojima being associated with the game

I thought it was a genuinely scary experience, which is hard to come by in games these days.

I wanted more...but you know...Konami is made up of a bunch of dickbags.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Commiesdie

@biack_goku said:
@i_p_daily said:

MGSV was also developed for 5 different platforms and had an engine built from scratch. Not exactly comparable.

that his choice to port it to xb1 and PS4 he could easily just canned both games from 360 and PS3 if he wanted to save money

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

We know you're just trying to act like a special snowflake and don't actually believe that, get your hipster ass out of here, no one cares.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Commiesdie

@putaspongeon said:

We know you're just trying to act like a special snowflake and don't actually believe that, get your hipster ass out of here, no one cares.

then why bother to reply if u don't care?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@Commiesdie said:
@putaspongeon said:

then why bother to reply if u don't care?

Because I'm a sadist.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BIack_Goku

@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:

that his choice to port it to xb1 and PS4 he could easily just canned both games from 360 and PS3 if he wanted to save money

You mean Konami's choice?

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Commiesdie

@biack_goku said:
@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:

nope it was kojima and his company

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BIack_Goku

@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:
@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:

Nope it was the company that used to own Kojima's company and still owns the Metal Gear IP.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

PT was pretty convincing. But it should have been a new ip, and not Silent Hill. Not just because Kojima is a terrible fit for Silent Hill, a franchise built on subtlety, but also because sequels are lame. Do new things, and Kojima not being shackled to what is and what isn't Silent Hill would be dope. So all things considered I'm glad he's on Death Stranding now. Even though it's clearly more an action game than a horror game.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Commiesdie

@biack_goku said:
@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:
@Commiesdie said:

Nope it was the company that used to own Kojima's company and still owns the Metal Gear IP.

no it was his company he just was not independent at the time MGS can't go anywhere bcuz it's been with konami since the 8-bit era

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aigis

@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:
@Commiesdie said:
@biack_goku said:
@Commiesdie said:

no it was his company he just was not independent at the time MGS can't go anywhere bcuz it's been with konami since the 8-bit era

source pls

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

Are you kidding me? The demo was amazing!

It could have been made by Scrotie Mcboogerballs and I still would have bought the full game.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Commiesdie

@aigis: @aigis:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Because people trust Kojima the guy has yet to make a bad game in his whole career which lasted over 30 years if a franchise is in a bad hand no matter how good it was it will never be good.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I wasn't even that excited with Kojima's involvement, though intrigued by that he collaboration with Guillermo del Toro, interested in seeing how that would have panned out. On the sad side we haven't seen a decent Silent Hill game, but I really liked Siren Blood Curse on PS3, so sad Sony hasn't tried promoting this series more. They didn't even release the sequel to the first PS2 game in North America, and when they did release Blood Curse on PS3 it was digital only in North America. I'd take a proper Siren game over Silent Hill at this point. Unfortunately Sony's Japan Studio isn't as active as they have been in previous years. No more LocoRoco or Patapon games, no more Siren games, they have their hands busy with Gravity Rush 2 right now but would love to see some return to older franchises if ever given the chance, especially Siren / Forbidden Siren.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Well.. so far the trailers of his new game look like absolute garbage... I know I know... here come the "blah blah's" to tell me the gameplay was amazing....

Anyways though, it might be cool, but what a strange pile of convoluted wtf....

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#27 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I dont care a bit about MG and Kojima, and still loved PT. But ye, maybe, we'll never know.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I don't care much for MGS games, thus I don't care much for Kojima. Guillermo del Toro is awesome however and the P,T demo was genuinely good. There hasn't been a really good Silent Hill game since Silent Hill 3 (the Room and downpour were decent).

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aigis

@Commiesdie said:

@aigis: @aigis:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima

did you honestly just pull the wiki page?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Commiesdie said:

Talk about ass kissing

First off, did you type your post in latin and then run it through google translator. Secondly, the demo was great. Its fine if you have such a lady hateboner for Kojima, but maybe give him a little f*cking credit.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Commiesdie

@clone01:

It was a fucking tech demo get over yourself it was all right but outside of metal gear he has not made 1 game I give 2 shots about secondly I am texting on my phone which is

hard to do since it has no spell checker:

edit also Castlevania Lord of shadows sucked s as and ruined a lot of things good about the series

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

I'm not sure that's so clear, OP. Regardless of who made it, P.T. was utterly amazing. I think it would have received sizable recognition even without being attached to Kojima and del Toro.

I mean, the previous Silent Hill games weren't made by Kojima, yet they were already very popular.

Although I agree that there's a certain narcissistic element surrounding Kojima - and that it's quite a turn-off at times - I also can't deny that he has such a status for good reason. He is, after all, one of the more accomplished game directors on the planet.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Commiesdie said:

@clone01:

It was a fucking tech demo get over yourself it was all right but outside of metal gear he has not made 1 game I give 2 shots about secondly I am texting on my phone which is

hard to do since it has no spell checker:

edit also Castlevania Lord of shadows sucked s as and ruined a lot of things good about the series

Was this post written in feces? Sorry, I don't understand feces.

And why would I have to "get over myself?" It was a good demo. Might wanna smack that lady boner down, dude.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#34  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I found P.T. to be pretty lame to be honest. Hallways with little gimmicks and tricks. It was weak like Layers Of Fear.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@djura said:

Although I agree that there's a certain narcissistic element surrounding Kojima - and that it's quite a turn-off at times - I also can't deny that he has such a status for good reason. He is, after all, one of the more accomplished game directors on the planet.

See, I think that this is where many others tend to hop on the short bus.

Like you, I can like a thing, or respect a thing, without liking the person who provides said thing.

I like the performances of many actors and musicians who happen to be douche bags. I can enjoy works of many sculptors and painters who happen to think that they're gods gift to the world. In the realm of video games, a guy like Itagaki is kind of an asshole and a dork. Doesn't stop Ninja Gaiden Black from being one of the best action games ever. Doesn't stop Ninja Gaiden II from having one of the best battle systems in an action game.

Kojima likes the smell of his own farts, so what? Lots of creative types do, more often than not it goes with the territory. I'd wager that Kojimas quirks aren't too far different from many other game directors in the industry, difference being that he has enablers in his fanbase and in the industry at large. He's been given a platform to show everyone just how egotistical he can be. But he only has such a platform because regardless of his personality quirks, he delivers the goods.

At the end of the day, the dude has directed some great games. Over the course of 3 decades he went from the trenches to the top.

And as for Silent Hills, it was an amazing glimpse of what might have been. It would've made some waves no matter who was behind it. Probably would have made bigger waves if it came from a nobody tbh, simply because of how expertly crafted it was.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Commiesdie

@BassMan: I would not call it lame above average at best also I tend to avoid anything by del Toro I mean have u seen his recent movies

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#37 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@Commiesdie said:

@BassMan: I would not call it lame above average at best also I tend to avoid anything by del Toro I mean have u seen his recent movies

I guess some credit needs to be given... They did take a very basic and boring environment and find multiple ways to make it interesting. It just wasn't that impressive of an experience overall for me. With Layers Of Fear... you really see how that formula fails when trying to make it into a full game. The game wasn't even long and I got so bored. It was a struggle to find motivation to finish it.

As for del Toro... I do have a lot of respect for the man. He has made a lot of good movies over the years.