If Japan Plays 1 Million Hours On Xbox 360, Microsoft Will Give Free Stuff

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

If Japan Plays 1 Million Hours On Xbox 360, Microsoft Will Give Free Microsoft Points

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/if-japanese-gamers-play-a-million-hours-on-xbox-360-everybody-gets-free-microsoft-points/

Microsoft Japans Aim to Do It! One Million Hours Campaign will reward all Xbox Live members free and gold subscribers with Microsoft Points for playing Xbox 360 between April 20 and June 19.
....If Japan makes it to a million hours, Microsoft Japan will give 400 MSP to gold members (enough to get some older XBLA games) and 30 MSP for free members.

The catch is not all Xbox 360 games are counted towards Japans Xbox 360 play time. You have to be playing one of these 20 games:

Battlefield 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon
Halo 4
Dance Central 2
Skyrim
Gears of War Judgment
Crysis 3
Far Cry 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge
Caladrius
Dodonpachi: Saidaioujou
Child of Eden
Monster Hunter Frontier G or Monster Hunter Frontier

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]That's a pathetic reward but it's Microsoft so expected. Japanese gamers won't be biting on this.FlamesOfGrey
How is it pathetic giving every single player in Japan 400 points if they are gold and 30 if silver? Even if Microsoft does something good you people still find a reason to whine about it. That is around 1.5 million people getting some amount of free points to use.

400 Points for Gold Members :D. You mean the people who're paying $60 for their online only on this platform... um okay. 30 Points for Silver members, yeah this reward is lame but that's just my opinion. Serious question since I haven't used my 360 in awhile, does the 360 have the buy rewards that PSN does?

Better yet has Microsoft ever give $10 to PSN members for being loyal customers? This gesture and the 20 points on your birthday are more insulting than generous.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] 400 Points for Gold Members :D. You mean the people who're paying $60 for their online only on this platform... um okay. 30 Points for Silver members, yeah this reward is lame but that's just my opinion. Serious question since I haven't used my 360 in awhile, does the 360 have the buy rewards that PSN does?razgriz_101

Better yet has Microsoft ever give $10 to PSN members for being loyal customers? This gesture and the 20 points on your birthday are more insulting than generous.

whats even more insulting is the fact you expect a massive corporation to give you something on your birthday, nowadays im happy with a day off work a few beers and any old game i decide to play.

20 points is 20 points, you'll end up using it one time, but mind you i expect nothing more sicne a fair majority of your posts = derp.

No I am saying they shouldn't give you anything if you are going be given something so useless. I have never expected Sony to give me anything at any point. The $50 for $10 was nice promotion that I took adavantage of though....something I doubt you would ever get on Xbox. Can you buy anything in the MS store for 20 points?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

$.49 cents to everyone!!!!!!!!

woho thank you MS

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Tell me I'm completely misunderstanding this, but... have the 360 gamers in Japan NOT logged 1 million hours on Live in all this time?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

'Desperate New Low' Achievement Unlocked

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine

Is this some sort of desparate attempt to get into the Japanes market with 720? Most of the hours on Xbox 360 are spent playing Halo, Gears and COD. I don't see those games doing well over there.

ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ImJESUS-PROam
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Is this some sort of desparate attempt to get into the Japanes market with 720? Most of the hours on Xbox 360 are spent playing Halo, Gears and COD. I don't see those games doing well over there.

StrongBlackVine
Looking at Media Create, A japanese tracker you can find their website on google, Gears tops the charts every single time. For more than one week as well. it also seems to be the only game series over there that had done that.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongBlackVine

ImJESUS-PROam

Looking at Media Create, A japanese tracker you can find their website on google, Gears tops the charts every single time. For more than one week as well. it also seems to be the only game series over there that had done that.

You mean Xbox game series to do that?

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

microsoft trying get japan achievement, so 720 get a boost in popularity launch.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

woho thank you MS

finalstar2007

$5 to gold members.

ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ImJESUS-PROam

[QUOTE="ImJESUS-PROam"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

You mean Xbox game series to do that?

Yep which is quite strange. Fable, lost odyssey, Guilty Gear, Idol Master, Halo, COD, Elder Scrolls, Full Auto, Forza, Kinect games, Spliinter cell, Infinite Undicovery, Magna Carta 2, Dead or Alive etc, even the ones with no Xbox 360 or 360/PC game, has done better than Gears over ther according to MC. Which makes me wonder: Why?
epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 epicgameplayer
Member since 2013 • 882 Posts

woho thank you MS

finalstar2007
Haha exactly this And there is also the fact that they will have to start paying for 60$ a year fees just in order to be elgible for this lame "promotion" Talk about pathetic! M$ - "Pay us 60$ a year for basic online play, and if you play for the amount of hours we want you to, then you win M$ points worth 50 cents" Big deal. Whoopty doo! LOL the trolls cant even play devils advocate here because you wouldnt be able to buy anything with the M$ points you win lol Completely worthless! Here is a better idea M$, how about you STOP charging for basic online play and stop hiding apps behind the xbl pay wall fees. M$ is shady on so many levels F!ck Microsoft. Maybe some American sheep might have falled for this/ loved this, Many more and more people in America however are not willing to put up with M$ any longer and thats a good sign... But for damn sure the Japenese are way too smart to fall for any of Microsoft's b.s This will fail miserably lol
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
That's a pathetic reward but it's Microsoft so expected. Japanese gamers won't be biting on this.
ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ImJESUS-PROam
That's a pathetic reward but it's Microsoft so expected. Japanese gamers won't be biting on this.FlamesOfGrey
They did in 2008.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
That's a pathetic reward but it's Microsoft so expected. Japanese gamers won't be biting on this.FlamesOfGrey
How is it pathetic giving every single player in Japan 400 points if they are gold and 30 if silver? Even if Microsoft does something good you people still find a reason to whine about it. That is around 1.5 million people getting some amount of free points to use.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]That's a pathetic reward but it's Microsoft so expected. Japanese gamers won't be biting on this.CanYouDiglt

What can you do with 30 points? And you are already paying more than you should if you have a Gold subscription so youa are just getting money back that you ripped off of earlier.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

Microsoft...please stop trying.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]That's a pathetic reward but it's Microsoft so expected. Japanese gamers won't be biting on this.CanYouDiglt

400 Points for Gold Members :D. You mean the people who're paying $60 for their online only on this platform... um okay. 30 Points for Silver members, yeah this reward is lame but that's just my opinion. Serious question since I haven't used my 360 in awhile, does the 360 have the buy rewards that PSN does?
epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 epicgameplayer
Well, Japan does have the highest consoles sold vs Xbox Live accounts ratio. Not many people have an Xbox but I think the ones that do play it quite a bit. Maybe this will work out.hexashadow13
LOL The xbox is a massive failure in Japan on every level. This is a lame scheme like "promotion" by M$ Its going to fail especially hard in Japan because the Japenese are very smart and dont fall for B.S like this
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]How is it pathetic giving every single player in Japan 400 points if they are gold and 30 if silver? Even if Microsoft does something good you people still find a reason to whine about it. That is around 1.5 million people getting some amount of free points to use.StrongBlackVine

whats even more insulting is the fact you expect a massive corporation to give you something on your birthday, nowadays im happy with a day off work a few beers and any old game i decide to play.

20 points is 20 points, you'll end up using it one time, but mind you i expect nothing more sicne a fair majority of your posts = derp.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
i don't think a single fvck was given.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

non japanese gaming consoles will never successed in japan. japanese people are very proud and loyal to there brands. at work a japanese wanted to buy airconditions from us he wanted teh lowest price and was bargaining alot then when he found out we had japanese a/c's daikin, he stopped bargaining and purchased it directly even tho it was the most expensive 1 available for purchase and maintenance.

no matter how great a console is even if it was 10 tiem more opowerful than the japanese counterparts in japan it will never successed

pc-ps360

That's BS. The Japanese are used to good quality products the 360 is $hit quality. Also if apple releases a console they'll surely buy it since they love their products and apple products normally don't break every week.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

StrongBlackVine

No I am saying they shouldn't give you anything if you are going be given something so useless. I have never expected Sony to give me anything at any point. The $50 for $10 was nice promotion that I took adavantage of though....something I doubt you would ever get on Xbox. Can you buy anything in the MS store for 20 points?

its not the point, its like moaning that tesco shouldnt give you clubcard vouchers for 10p off a product because its only 10p...way i see it really is that its essentially a wee discount off your next purchase on the marketplace. But then again, you'll fail to grasp it and rather be sitting with nothing, 30p in my book is 30p its still a wee discount at the end of the day.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So about 200.000 / 24... / 365...
Cya in about 20 years Japan.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
400/30 msp? LOL for a multi billion dollar company, Microsoft are VERY VERY tight.
epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 epicgameplayer
[QUOTE="campzor"]400/30 msp? LOL for a multi billion dollar company, Microsoft are VERY VERY tight.

This x100
epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 epicgameplayer

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]How is it pathetic giving every single player in Japan 400 points if they are gold and 30 if silver? Even if Microsoft does something good you people still find a reason to whine about it. That is around 1.5 million people getting some amount of free points to use.StrongBlackVine

Also this x1000
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuraimen
Why would Japanese people want to torture themselves that way?
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="deangallop"]

$5 to gold members.

sts106mat

After paying $60.

bit like PSN+ letting you play games for free after you have paid your fee.

You mean saying "psn+ gets you free gamez!" is a stupid as deangallop's statement? Yes.
The difference though is you get nothing back for paying for xblg. Only this severly limited rebate that is not even certain. In Japan.

Goes to show chimp boys don't get any love back if their company is doing good in the us. :lol: You only get price hikes. :cool:

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
Well, Japan does have the highest consoles sold vs Xbox Live accounts ratio. Not many people have an Xbox but I think the ones that do play it quite a bit. Maybe this will work out.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]bit like PSN+ letting you play games for free after you have paid your fee.sts106mat
You mean saying "psn+ gets you free gamez!" is a stupid as deangallop's statement? Yes. The difference though is you get nothing back for paying for xblg.

well yes actaully I do, since i am part of the rewards programme, i get points back all the time, just had 150 deposited last month. if i didn't pay for Gold i wouldn't qualify sure, but your statement is incorrect. approaching 2000 points awarded personally.

How many mountain dew ads did you watch and how much saliving at doritos-sponsored games had to be done to get 2000? :cool:
XLBG is now a ad-watching service? :lol:

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FlamesOfGrey
Also, looking at the list, half of those games aren't in popular in Japan at all. 1 Million hours? Riight....
epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 epicgameplayer
Also, looking at the list, half of those games aren't in popular in Japan at all. 1 Million hours? Riight....FlamesOfGrey
Haha pretty much And for 1 million hours M$ is only giving away 50 cents worth of M$ points This is a scheme
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

If you have to bribe people to play your product then you have a serious problem.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
I failed at reading and didn't notice the catch. This ain't gonna work.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

If you have to bribe people to play your product then you have a serious problem.

PublicNuisance
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44292 Posts

Shant be a problem since one can spend that much time on just a few saweet Rare games like the VP's and Banjo N&B. :twisted:

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

MS trying to bribe gamers into paying for their sh!tty wothless service.  If MS really wants gamers to play on their service they need to make it free.  Japanese gamers are stupid enough to buy into this garbage because MS doesn't have any exclusive games worth owning the service for.  look at that list 90% of that can be played on PS3 for free.  Now MS is begging japanese gamers to pay for it but all they can offer them is Halo and Forza...GTFO MS.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

non japanese gaming consoles will never successed in japan. japanese people are very proud and loyal to there brands. at work a japanese wanted to buy airconditions from us he wanted teh lowest price and was bargaining alot then when he found out we had japanese a/c's daikin, he stopped bargaining and purchased it directly even tho it was the most expensive 1 available for purchase and maintenance.

no matter how great a console is even if it was 10 tiem more opowerful than the japanese counterparts in japan it will never successed

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

'Desperate New Low' Achievement Unlocked

Zaibach
lolololol
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice

pc-ps360

Sadly, U... are correct sir :? whelp, never say never I guess but ummmm, yeah. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

kuraimen

That's BS. The Japanese are used to good quality products the 360 is $hit quality. Also if apple releases a console they'll surely buy it since they love their products and apple products normally don't break every week.

Nadas, name the equivalent Nintendo, Sony Japanese competitors to Apple that were selling the same sort of devises Apple is selling for multiple generations before Apple showed up in Japan ? :shock: Heck, up until this gen, Japan was always, always considered the gaming capital of the world with the likes of Nintendo, Sega, Sony - Two very different worlds my friend, very different indeed. :P

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

woho thank you MS

finalstar2007

:lol: Well least the gold members are getting something that has some worth.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

S'up there with the 0,49$ you get for your birthday.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

SecretPolice

Nadas, name the equivalent Nintendo, Sony Japanese competitors to Apple that were selling the same sort of devises Apple is selling for multiple generations before Apple showed up in Japan ? :shock: Heck, up until this gen, Japan was always, always considered the gaming capital of the world with the likes of Nintendo, Sega, Sony - Two very different worlds my friend, very different indeed. :P

The sort of devices apple is selling? You mean phones. There are many Japanese companies who sell phones including Sony. Yet the iPhone is a best seller in Japan. Historically Japanese products tend to be of better quality than US products so Japanese people are used to that. Japanese people also love pop culture so the iPhone which has good quality and is a pop fad is popular there. The 360 is bad quality and not really a pop icon so why would they buy it? It has nothing to do with nationality, the 360 is just crappy.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
admit it, MS. you can't Japan.