If anything hermits shouldn't criticize XBL...

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

Yes hermits , while you gloat PC gaming is free how much better is it ?

Sure there are 64 player games and many games support dedicated servers but slowly consoles move in that way too. Not to mention there are so many cheaters on PC games and viruses and whatnot .

But it's free right ? Well not entirely ..you still have to pay for antiviruses ...which is easily the cost of xbox live.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
PC gaming is not my cup of tea but what in the blue hell are you talking about:|
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
AVG Free = /thread
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Oh god.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Man this board has hit an alltime low.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

PC gaming is not my cup of tea but what in the blue hell are you talking about:|DanteSuikoden

LOL so true

AVG Free = /threadcarlisledavid79

He fails again

Man this board has hit an alltime low.mo0ksi

I agree...what a stupid topic.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

Sure there are 64 player games and many games support dedicated servers but slowly consoles move in that way too. Not to mention there are so many cheaters on PC games and viruses and whatnot .

But it's free right ? Well not entirely ..you still have to pay for antiviruses ...which is easily the cost of xbox live.

AtrumRegina

Good lord.:|

I think I just lost some IQ points.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

AtrumRegina

:lol: . everytime you have a go at PC gamers, you fail epicly, this is no exception.

Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts
You can't be serious. How did you post this thread? Through a PC with an internet connection no doubt.
LastRedMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LastRedMage
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not true
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not trueLastRedMage

Um..they do in every single game in mankind...

but dont act like every player on CS is hacking..and dont pretend that Console gamers dont cheat/hack too because they do.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Yeah and nobody cheats on consoles do they? Oh wait yes they do. Also his others points are just silly, you don't get viruses playing online...

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

In my many years of online PC gaming, only twice have I encountered a cheater. Both these times they were dealt with swiftly by the admin.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

AtrumRegina

Ho God you are so cluless. Ever heard of free anti-virus lol!!!

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

Cheaters are rare and you can't get viruses by playing online.

It's funny because there are actually free anti-virus programs.

LastRedMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LastRedMage
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not truebobbetybob

Yeah and nobody cheats on consoles do they? Oh wait yes they do. Also his others points are just silly, you don't get viruses playing online...

No they don't, they can't,

what games on consoles are hackable? list one

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
My word....what is this madness!
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not truePinkyimp

Um..they do in every single game in mankind...

but dont act like every player on CS is hacking..and dont pretend that Console gamers dont cheat/hack too because they do.

Very true. Best hack has been the coloured names in cod4 ps3.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not trueArsuz

In my many years of online PC gaming, only twice have I encountered a cheater. Both these times they were dealt with swiftly by the admin.

Even though I think the OPs topic is completely stupid, I have encountered tons of hackers in CS, they might not be obvious ones, but when you see a person that has 87/4 KD ratio, its pretty obvious.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Not only is PC online gaming free... but so is every other form of online gaming that has ever come into existence. XBLG should be free as well and have all it's upkeep costs covered by advertisements. As a silver member I refuse to pay for something that should be free. Heck, Windows Live Gold is free on PC now. The only thing you pay for is online gaming... and you don't even get dedicated servers but peer-to-peer connections which allow for a host-advantage and a large detriment to the experience.

Not only should hermits criticize XBL, everyone else should too.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

AtrumRegina

Nothing to see here folks, move along

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox
Even though I think the OPs topic is completely stupid, I have encountered tons of hackers in CS, they might not be obvious ones, but when you see a person that has 87/4 KD ratio, its pretty obvious.albi321

Even though hacking is rampant in Counter Strike I have personally been able to achieve similar kill/death ratios in Day of Defeat: Source by simply playing well or finding a public server with a bunch of novices. Just because someone is playing well doesn't inherently make them a cheater, you have to prove through other methods that they are cheating, like spectating them and seeing if they know where you are without being normally able to, or having their aim stick to your head, etc.
Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not trueArsuz

I guess you don't play online games that often.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
[QUOTE="albi321"]Even though I think the OPs topic is completely stupid, I have encountered tons of hackers in CS, they might not be obvious ones, but when you see a person that has 87/4 KD ratio, its pretty obvious.foxhound_fox

Even though hacking is rampant in Counter Strike I have personally been able to achieve similar kill/death ratios in Day of Defeat: Source by simply playing well or finding a public server with a bunch of novices. Just because someone is playing well doesn't inherently make them a cheater, you have to prove through other methods that they are cheating, like spectating them and seeing if they know where you are without being normally able to, or having their aim stick to your head, etc.

The KD is usually an indication, after that I just spectate them, and see if they are wall hacking or aim bots etc, I dont just assume they hack right away.
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

Not all people with godlike K/D ratios are hacking. ;)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 foxhound_fox
Not all people with godlike K/D ratios are hacking. ;)

*BF2 pic*Wartzay

Indeed, those guys are just whoring out the jets and bombing spawns.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
TC, your thread is floppier than my username.
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wartzay

[QUOTE="Wartzay"]Not all people with godlike K/D ratios are hacking. ;)

*BF2 pic*foxhound_fox

Thats a screenshot from Project Reality, a BF2 mod, where there is no such thing as spawn camping or jet whoring. I got that K/D ratio groundpounding and shooting down a couple fully loaded low flying choppers with a vodnik.

There are jets on a bunch of maps, but they are virtually useless without several spotters with limited special forces kits and an officer kit to put laser markers and guide the jets onto the target. Also, anti-aircraft is very effective now. shoulder fired stingers or SA7 AA launchers are the bane of low flying jets.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

*Waves hand* (He can't be series)

Paying for Virus Protection? There are tons of free programs man.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I've never got a virus off online gaming, i don't think it's even possible. I don't pay for my antivirus and 2 of the top 3 are free. I've only found that about 1 in every 1000 players cheats on online games and most of them get kicked straight away due to VA or punkbuster.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 markop2003

[QUOTE="Wartzay"]Not all people with godlike K/D ratios are hacking. ;)

*BF2 pic*foxhound_fox

There were 8 people on that team that were in the same clan and only two on the other. Clan members have better teamwork, know the game better and are generally more hardcore so it's not really surprising they trashed them. Also their fragscore isn't that high and their teamwork scores on two of them are really high so they were proberbly medics or in an APC as an engineer which explains thesmall amount oof deaths and the structure of BF means if you can just hold out for a while and not get sent back to the spawn point then you can get the objectives (destroying artillery UAV ect or capturing points) easily which is what gets you most of the points.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Wartzay"]Not all people with godlike K/D ratios are hacking. ;)

*BF2 pic*markop2003

There were 8 people on that team that were in the same clan and only two on the other. Clan members have better teamwork, know the game better and are generally more hardcore so it's not really surprising they trashed them. Also their fragscore isn't that high and their teamwork scores on two of them are really high so they were proberbly medics or in an APC as an engineer which explains thesmall amount oof deaths and the structure of BF means if you can just hold out for a while and not get sent back to the spawn point then you can get the objectives (destroying artillery UAV ect or capturing points) easily which is what gets you most of the points.

Clans > solo noobs. I like it that way :D It doesn't always happen on 360 games though :(

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 markop2003
[QUOTE="Arsuz"]

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not truealbi321

Even though I think the OPs topic is completely stupid, I have encountered tons of hackers in CS, they might not be obvious ones, but when you see a person that has 87/4 KD ratio, its pretty obvious.

that's usually an exploit not a cheat, i managed to get a 21/2 KD ratio by simply playing late when the bots were on.

Nex_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nex_Rex
Member since 2008 • 341 Posts
[QUOTE="albi321"][QUOTE="Arsuz"]

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not truemarkop2003

that's usually an exploit not a cheat, i managed to get a 21/2 KD ratio by simply playing late when the bots were on.

Well couldn't exploiting a game be cheating though as it was not something the devs didn't intend to do?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
This thread made me :lol: Don't you know you can get free Antivirus like AVG?
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wartzay

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Wartzay"]Not all people with godlike K/D ratios are hacking. ;)

*BF2 pic*markop2003

Teamscore in Project Reality doesnt mean anything because there is no stats tracking. I agree that being with a group helps, since you know all the people you are playing with. However, BF2 has a Squad system (still in PR, but you cannot spawn on your squad leader, you can only spawn on "rally points" placed at any location the SL desires as long as he has 3 people in his squad) and built in VOIP that allows anyone who wishes to play as a team.

There is no repairing of other vehicles from your own vehicle.Vehicles can only be repaired manually by an engineer who cannot drive.If you want to drive an APC, you need 2 men with crewmen kits, one to drive and the other to man the gun. Its the same for tanks as well.

Medics only have 4 charges in their shock paddles, and then they must rearm from a supply crate dropped by a transport truck (can only be driven by an engineer or officer).

No UAV in PR

There is limited artillary in PR, but it can only be called in once every 60 minutes.

You cannot spawn on most of the "flags" (excepting your main flag you start from). You can only spawn on bunkers built by your team or rally points laid by by your squad leader.

NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts

w8 what? huh? i just lost some IQ points

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"]

*BF2 pic*Wartzay

Teamscore in Project Reality doesnt mean anything because there is no stats tracking. I agree that being with a group helps, since you know all the people you are playing with. However, BF2 has a Squad system (still in PR, but you cannot spawn on your squad leader, you can only spawn on "rally points" placed at any location the SL desires as long as he has 3 people in his squad) and built in VOIP that allows anyone who wishes to play as a team.

There is no repairing of other vehicles from your own vehicle.Vehicles can only be repaired manually by an engineer who cannot drive.If you want to drive an APC, you need 2 men with crewmen kits, one to drive and the other to man the gun. Its the same for tanks as well.

Medics only have 4 charges in their shock paddles, and then they must rearm from a supply crate dropped by a transport truck (can only be driven by an engineer or officer).

No UAV in PR

There is limited artillary in PR, but it can only be called in once every 60 minutes.

You cannot spawn on most of the "flags" (excepting your main flag you start from). You can only spawn on bunkers built by your team or rally points laid by by your squad leader.

Yeah... regardless, playing with people you know pretty much = instant total annihilation of the other team if there's 3 of you. If there's 8, I can't even imagine how bad it would be. :D
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
okay, now i think they should raise the minimum topic creation level to 15.
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AtrumRegina
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

Franko_3

those are crap...

they are terrible and few and far between.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AtrumRegina

Mochyc

again those are total crap pretty much...and if you download something like additional maps there is a chance of getting a virus.

wow this board is in complete denial , most of the posters can't even come up with decent arguements so they resort to " omg fail"

Avatar image for soiheardyoulike
soiheardyoulike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 soiheardyoulike
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

>Face palm picture, any will do<

If your not an internet porn addict or you don't pirate software on limewire or click on the FREE IPOD add, then you are pretty safe from viruses.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Franko_3"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

AtrumRegina

those are crap...

they are terrible and few and far between.

I don't even have an anti virus program running right now, I just run Spybot once in a while(which is free)

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

AtrumRegina

again those are total crap pretty much...and if you download something like additional maps there is a chance of getting a virus.

wow this board is in complete denial , most of the posters can't even come up with decent arguements so they resort to " omg fail"

This thread is a fail.

Seriously. Anti-Virus came with my computer, actually two different kinds of anti-virus. I meet the occasional hacker on Call of Duty, but so what? Leave the game or wait for the admin to get rid of them. Its not like they slaughter the entire game and you refuse to play it again because of a few hackers. And I have never gotten a virus or whatnot on my computer from gaming online.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

AtrumRegina

no, you will never get a virus from downaloding additional maps...they are not .exe files.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

AtrumRegina

No...

You realize that PC has done more than XBL and better for the past 10 years and you somehow bring yourself to make up that garbage?

I'll just assume this is a joke thread.

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Um, what? :|. You act like people don't cheat on consoles. IE Halo 3 (standbyers, bridgers, DDOS).
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]

[QUOTE="LastRedMage"]yeah People cheat on pc games, don't pretend its not trueLastRedMage

No they don't, they can't,

what games on consoles are hackable? list one

FAIL

I played socom 3 back when I was playing PS2 and their was a cheater/hacker everytime I played on Devil's road map.

really don't try to think yer spewing out facts because you are not.