Id like to argue Resident Evil 5, best in class of 2009?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22859 Posts

I feel like this game, although recieved well by both critics and fans, kinda got safted this year. So, im gonna argue a couple perks of this game that I believe rank it amungst the best of 09.

1. Graphics. Um, Perfect. Can anyone find a flaw, a single flaw in the graphical presentation of this game? didn't think so. Buttery smooth framerate and wonderful animation. AND Ohhhhh, those cut scenes... brilliant.

2. Co-op. Again, perfect. Not only was the game concieved around co op, but it actually makes you involved in what the other player is doing. It makes you stick close, it makes you cover your buddies back. Ive played a lot of co-op games where its a "you go your way, ill go mine" type of thing, but Resident Evil 5 seemlessly makes you strategize and care about the other controller. And oh, by the way, have you ever seen such competant A.I.? I hope all those Ubisoft R6V type games took note.

3. The Carrot. Anyone who didnt just play the game for its 10 hour campaign and shelve the game know wxactly what Im talking about. The games extras were like waving a carrot in front of a stick. You're always within reach of something. Upgrades, treasure, bonus's, BSAA symbols... whatever. The game paces out the extras in a way where a second, third and fourth playthrough are almost a give in.

Im not suggesting that RE5 is perfect. The controls are still a little clunky at times, though once you get in a grove you dont feel inhibited often and the story is eh, not bad, but not Mass Effect. All in all, however, I'm standing by this game as being in the top 5 of 09'. I didn't create this thread to attack any other game, but if you disagree, why?

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
it got shafted for good reason. A plethora of better games came out that also evolved with the times ...
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
I actually have to be one of the few RE fans that liked it.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I thought RE5 was bad ass. I probably have it as my favourite of the year that I played. Its battling NSMBWii (which is also really damn amazing)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEroica  Moderator

I actually have to be one of the few RE fans that liked it.SpiritOfFire117

I wouldnt consider myself a RE fan, I beat the first one on PS1 when I was like 15 and never really got in to the other ones. But I will say that they seem to always evolve in some way to keep them fresh. The co-op was brilliant.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
RE5 is one of most badly designed games I've played this gen, the co-op and graphics being just about the only things of merit.
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts
i have not played re5 much but from what i did play, it was very fun an amzing. i enjoyed th tense atmosphere it creates. i liked co-op a lot becuse it is alway more fun to team up w/ somone for 1 on 1 help because you can only rely on your parnter. team based games co op is not as exciting because like 4 on a team, i can be lousy an rely on others. with 2 player coop, i only have 1 person to rely on , and my partner can only rely on me as well. bonus points if its a hot guy im coop with (lol j/k :P) id rank it in top 10 of 2009
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Best of 09?? lol, no.

The sole fact that it forces you to co-op with a broken AI makes it fail getting that title.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silent-Hal

Best of 09?? lol, no.

The sole fact that it forces you to co-op with a broken AI makes it fail getting that title.

GreenGoblin2099

Indeed. Why Capcom thought that would be smart design decision I'll never know. It's definitely one of the main things that ruined the game for me anyway.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator

RE5 is one of most badly designed games I've played this gen, the co-op and graphics being just about the only things of merit. Silent-Hal

wow... you didnt defend yourself AT ALL!!! Give me something brother. Thats like me saying Abraham Lincoln was a lousy womanizing drunken baffoon... bye.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheEroica  Moderator

Best of 09?? lol, no.

GreenGoblin2099

Broken AI... Ive played through the game a few times with AI and I have nothing but glowing things to say about it.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ActicEdge

RE5 is one of most badly designed games I've played this gen, the co-op and graphics being just about the only things of merit.Silent-Hal

In complete honesty, that is the reason to play RE5. what else were you playing it for? Story? AI? depth? It basically presented itself as a adrenline pumped mindless action fest that's fun for 2 and I think it did that very well in its own style.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silent-Hal

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]RE5 is one of most badly designed games I've played this gen, the co-op and graphics being just about the only things of merit. TheEroica

wow... you didnt defend yourself AT ALL!!! Give me something brother. Thats like me saying Abraham Lincoln was a lousy womanizing drunken baffoon... bye.

Being forced into playing with a terrible AI in single-player, the clunky controls, the illogical inventory system, the all-over-the-place pacing... overall I found the things to hate far outweighed the things to like.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

Best of 09?? lol, no.

TheEroica

Broken AI... Ive played through the game a few times with AI and I have nothing but glowing things to say about it.

Well, good for you, but I don't agree just as much as you don't agree with my opinion ;)

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I think an8.5 is a good score for RE5, also most of the textures were HORRIBLE, at least on the PS3 version I played, character models were unreal, but some eviroment textures...Well I shudder the thought.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
1. I can find problems, namely the insane bloom at times, a lot of enemies looked like they were made of tin foil. But yes the graphics are some of the best around. 2. Hell No. The co-op is far from perfect, try playing with a friend offline and then tell me its perfect. Online was good, but it was just like any other co-op game, the covering a buddy was fine but also ruined the difficulty in some places, just staying right next to each other meant you could just constantly stop each other dieing. 3. 10 hour campaign, try 8 max, and I do agree that the collectibles and achievements were addictive, hence why I got 1000/1000G on it. BUT, and this is a humongous, massive, J-Lo sized BUT, I completed RE4 around about 13 times, and not once did I do it for collectibles, I did it because the gameplay was amazing, the story was amazing, everything about the game was amazing, it's my favourite game of all time, and everytime I went back to RE5 to get some gamerscore I couldn't help but feel that if it didn't have achievements I wouldn't have completed it more than twice.
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts
their going for innoaation wih the coop..............
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I actually have to be one of the few RE fans that liked it.SpiritOfFire117

Same here. I haven't not loved a main series RE game, although the Survivor and Outbreak series can just die.

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#20 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

No. Co-op was horribly implemented in a game that should be singleplayer in the first place. Also, no horror in any way is a pretty big letdown.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ActicEdge

1. I can find problems, namely the insane bloom at times, a lot of enemies looked like they were made of tin foil. But yes the graphics are some of the best around. 2. Hell No. The co-op is far from perfect, try playing with a friend offline and then tell me its perfect. Online was good, but it was just like any other co-op game, the covering a buddy was fine but also ruined the difficulty in some places, just staying right next to each other meant you could just constantly stop each other dieing. 3. 10 hour campaign, try 8 max, and I do agree that the collectibles and achievements were addictive, hence why I got 1000/1000G on it. BUT, and this is a humongous, massive, J-Lo sized BUT, I completed RE4 around about 13 times, and not once did I do it for collectibles, I did it because the gameplay was amazing, the story was amazing, everything about the game was amazing, it's my favourite game of all time, and everytime I went back to RE5 to get some gamerscore I couldn't help but feel that if it didn't have achievements I wouldn't have completed it more than twice.bobbetybob

I only played it off line and while nothing in RE5 was perfect in any sense, the split screen was completely fine.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Hate the controls, despise the inventory system, but I still had some small level of fun playing co-op with another human being. For a little while, anyway. Not on my 'favorites of '09' list.

maziso2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 maziso2
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

While i agree its a great game, the fact that they put so much emphasis on coop and multiplayer means it was never destined to be greater than RE4 in my opinion, and it isnt reallly, not even close. While it has great gameplay, the emphasis on coop ruined the single player, making it a much more inferior RE game than 4, and one of the worst in the series in my opinion. Thats why it got overlooked, Capcoms greediness to garner more sales by including half assed multiplayer and a decent coop.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

I didn't like it. It seemed repetitive.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ActicEdge

What was everyone's problem with the inventory exactly?

maziso2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 maziso2
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

THe one cateogry it really should be nominated, although not necesarily win, is in the biggest dissapointent. RE4 is one of the greatest games of all freakin time, while this game was simply ok. To be expect something in the magnitude of RE4 was a given, but definitely not met.

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
Resident Evil 5 is a terrible game and that's comming from a huge Resident Evil 4 fan. Bad game design, poor A.I, outated gameplay, lackluster boss fights, short singleplayer, annyoing menus and so on.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bobbetybob

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]1. I can find problems, namely the insane bloom at times, a lot of enemies looked like they were made of tin foil. But yes the graphics are some of the best around. 2. Hell No. The co-op is far from perfect, try playing with a friend offline and then tell me its perfect. Online was good, but it was just like any other co-op game, the covering a buddy was fine but also ruined the difficulty in some places, just staying right next to each other meant you could just constantly stop each other dieing. 3. 10 hour campaign, try 8 max, and I do agree that the collectibles and achievements were addictive, hence why I got 1000/1000G on it. BUT, and this is a humongous, massive, J-Lo sized BUT, I completed RE4 around about 13 times, and not once did I do it for collectibles, I did it because the gameplay was amazing, the story was amazing, everything about the game was amazing, it's my favourite game of all time, and everytime I went back to RE5 to get some gamerscore I couldn't help but feel that if it didn't have achievements I wouldn't have completed it more than twice.ActicEdge

I only played it off line and while nothing in RE5 was perfect in any sense, the split screen was completely fine.

It wasn't the actual split screen that was the problem, it was setting up the thing, you had to make two accounts, and then you had to do God knows what to make it let you both play, and then the second person data would never save, so any time you quit and came back they'd only have a pistol...
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GreenGoblin2099

Last week, I replayed REmake and I can honestly say I like that game way better than RE5.

I'd wish Capcom went back to the RE roots and quit the mainstream crap

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
I would like to disagree
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]1. I can find problems, namely the insane bloom at times, a lot of enemies looked like they were made of tin foil. But yes the graphics are some of the best around. 2. Hell No. The co-op is far from perfect, try playing with a friend offline and then tell me its perfect. Online was good, but it was just like any other co-op game, the covering a buddy was fine but also ruined the difficulty in some places, just staying right next to each other meant you could just constantly stop each other dieing. 3. 10 hour campaign, try 8 max, and I do agree that the collectibles and achievements were addictive, hence why I got 1000/1000G on it. BUT, and this is a humongous, massive, J-Lo sized BUT, I completed RE4 around about 13 times, and not once did I do it for collectibles, I did it because the gameplay was amazing, the story was amazing, everything about the game was amazing, it's my favourite game of all time, and everytime I went back to RE5 to get some gamerscore I couldn't help but feel that if it didn't have achievements I wouldn't have completed it more than twice.bobbetybob

It wasn't the actual split screen that was the problem, it was setting up the thing, you had to make two accounts, and then you had to do God knows what to make it let you both play, and then the second person data would never save, so any time you quit and came back they'd only have a pistol...

That I agree with. Setting up Co op in RE5 is stupidly ccomplicated. My friend nd his girl friend were trying to do it and it took god knows how long before they finally gave up and let someone do it for them. When you learn it isn't hard but it shouldn't be difficult to begin with. As for your saving problem, don't know what you were doing, I have never had that happen before.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ActicEdge

On a side note, is it just me or does it seem that everyone hates RE5 because it wasn't RE4?

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I feel like this game, although recieved well by both critics and fans, kinda got safted this year. So, im gonna argue a couple perks of this game that I believe rank it amungst the best of 09.

1. Graphics. Um, Perfect. Can anyone find a flaw, a single flaw in the graphical presentation of this game? didn't think so. Buttery smooth framerate and wonderful animation. AND Ohhhhh, those cut scenes... brilliant.

2. Co-op. Again, perfect. Not only was the game concieved around co op, but it actually makes you involved in what the other player is doing. It makes you stick close, it makes you cover your buddies back. Ive played a lot of co-op games where its a "you go your way, ill go mine" type of thing, but Resident Evil 5 seemlessly makes you strategize and care about the other controller. And oh, by the way, have you ever seen such competant A.I.? I hope all those Ubisoft R6V type games took note.

3. The Carrot. Anyone who didnt just play the game for its 10 hour campaign and shelve the game know wxactly what Im talking about. The games extras were like waving a carrot in front of a stick. You're always within reach of something. Upgrades, treasure, bonus's, BSAA symbols... whatever. The game paces out the extras in a way where a second, third and fourth playthrough are almost a give in.

Im not suggesting that RE5 is perfect. The controls are still a little clunky at times, though once you get in a grove you dont feel inhibited often and the story is eh, not bad, but not Mass Effect. All in all, however, I'm standing by this game as being in the top 5 of 09'. I didn't create this thread to attack any other game, but if you disagree, why?

TheEroica

Im going to go against your reasons for it being best 09'

1: The graphics, yes nothing is wrong with them but they ain't exaclty special or anything. The african enviroment is welcome but when the sun goes down it looks boring.

2: The Co-Op, yes its ok but no where near as good as L4D which was made around the co-op element

3: I dont know what you mean by 'a carrot'

Here are some of my own reasons:

2009 was one of the better year for games so it was hard for RE5 to be the best

It hyped too much and then didnt turn out to be that good.

RE4 is a tought act to follow

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#34 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Resident Evil 5 was a big dissapointment. Against the likes of Uncharted 2 it doesn't have a chance.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

It was a good game, but it is not one of the best games of 2009. The story presentation was hilariously bad, the cover-system they decided to jam into the game 3/4 of the way through it wasn't particularly intuitive, the fact that it's totally an action game but they still don't let you walk and shoot, the "charge at you then waltz slowly around you" AI is the exact opposite of engaging combat, and the co-op is forced.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Its a good game and top 10 or top 15 of hte year, but not best game of the year.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator

1. I can find problems, namely the insane bloom at times, a lot of enemies looked like they were made of tin foil. But yes the graphics are some of the best around. 2. Hell No. The co-op is far from perfect, try playing with a friend offline and then tell me its perfect. Online was good, but it was just like any other co-op game, the covering a buddy was fine but also ruined the difficulty in some places, just staying right next to each other meant you could just constantly stop each other dieing. 3. 10 hour campaign, try 8 max, and I do agree that the collectibles and achievements were addictive, hence why I got 1000/1000G on it. BUT, and this is a humongous, massive, J-Lo sized BUT, I completed RE4 around about 13 times, and not once did I do it for collectibles, I did it because the gameplay was amazing, the story was amazing, everything about the game was amazing, it's my favourite game of all time, and everytime I went back to RE5 to get some gamerscore I couldn't help but feel that if it didn't have achievements I wouldn't have completed it more than twice.bobbetybob

Fine, with the graphics, if you're comparing it to real life. As far as where video games have taken us, RE5 is incredible.

I played with a friend offline once and while it is clearly not the best way to play, it didnt bug me that much.

I say 10 hour because well, thats how long it took me. I admit, I am a "search every nook and cranny in the room" type player though.

Sounds like you really like the game brother.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEroica  Moderator

Resident Evil 5 was a big dissapointment. Against the likes of Uncharted 2 it doesn't have a chance.

chocolate1325

I want to stress the point that Im not saying its the GOTY... I just think, for me, It was in my top 5 of 09. I could play it anyday of the week twice on sunday.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

And oh, by the way, have you ever seen such competant A.I.? I hope all those Ubisoft R6V type games took note.

Slashkice

You have got to be kidding. The mind-numbingly-retarded A.I. really hampered the offline experience.

hahaha... nope. Completely serious. I never ran into one issue where the AI was "that" bad.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bobbetybob

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]1. I can find problems, namely the insane bloom at times, a lot of enemies looked like they were made of tin foil. But yes the graphics are some of the best around. 2. Hell No. The co-op is far from perfect, try playing with a friend offline and then tell me its perfect. Online was good, but it was just like any other co-op game, the covering a buddy was fine but also ruined the difficulty in some places, just staying right next to each other meant you could just constantly stop each other dieing. 3. 10 hour campaign, try 8 max, and I do agree that the collectibles and achievements were addictive, hence why I got 1000/1000G on it. BUT, and this is a humongous, massive, J-Lo sized BUT, I completed RE4 around about 13 times, and not once did I do it for collectibles, I did it because the gameplay was amazing, the story was amazing, everything about the game was amazing, it's my favourite game of all time, and everytime I went back to RE5 to get some gamerscore I couldn't help but feel that if it didn't have achievements I wouldn't have completed it more than twice.TheEroica

Fine, with the graphics, if you're comparing it to real life. As far as where video games have taken us, RE5 is incredible.

I played with a friend offline once and while it is clearly not the best way to play, it didnt bug me that much.

I say 10 hour because well, thats how long it took me. I admit, I am a "search every nook and cranny in the room" type player though.

Sounds like you really like the game brother.

I did really like it, but I'm still confused as to how much I liked it, it's weird, because it's one of the only games I can't attach a score too, because if I look at it objectively, as it is, ignoring ties to RE4 and how I feel about that game, it's still a fantastic game, which I'd probably give a 9-9.5 too, but if I look at it subjectively, taking into account RE4 and the thing I said about the achievements, I sometimes feel like I'd rate it as low as a 7.5. It's quite a strange one is RE5.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

RE5 was full of fail. Not a bad game but certainly doesn't deserve GotY nomination at all. The story was cliche and predictable. The bosses were rehashes of the same old stuff we have been doing in games for atleast a decade. The inventory system made no sense at all (a hand gun takes up same space as a rocket launcher??? I have to pick up ammo for my gun to go into my inventory before I could load it really???) The partner and enemy AI was brain dead. Sheva would use the wrong guns at wrong times, waste herbs, and shoot at the wrong targets. The enemies would rush then stop at a certain point and take turns attacking. The controls were unneccessarily outdated (you have to hold a button to run and turn around, you can't move and shoot at same time). Don't give me it builds tension crap because good game designers would create tense situations that don't require that you battle the controls. The scripting of the last boss battle was so horribly unintuitive that it's just mind baffling. Sure the game was fun in coop but so was army of two. Ontop of the game design flaws, the game featured some extremely questionable imagery (the tribal zombies). The series needs to evolve to be GotY quality.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ActicEdge

RE5 was full of fail. Not a bad game but certainly doesn't deserve GotY nomination at all. The story was cliche and predictable. The bosses were rehashes of the same old stuff we have been doing in games for atleast a decade. The inventory system made no sense at all (a hand gun takes up same space as a rocket launcher??? I have to pick up ammo for my gun to go into my inventory before I could load it really???) The partner and enemy AI was brain dead. Sheva would use the wrong guns at wrong times, waste herbs, and shoot at the wrong targets. The enemies would rush then stop at a certain point and take turns attacking. The controls were unneccessarily outdated (you have to hold a button to run and turn around, you can't move and shoot at same time). Don't give me it builds tension crap because good game designers would create tense situations that don't require that you battle the controls. The scripting of the last boss battle was so horribly unintuitive that it's just mind baffling. Sure the game was fun in coop but so was army of two. Ontop of the game design flaws, the game featured some extremely questionable imagery (the tribal zombies). The series needs to evolve to be GotY quality.

jyoung312

Really, while you make some decent points I feel people over dramatize when talking about big games. This game is hardly full of fail. The story was not worth mentioning yes. I'm sorry though, when was the story a big component of action shooters again? the inventory sytem didn't make sense yes. But so what? I don't exactly know why it has to make sense, it jhust needs to get the job done. The inventory of RE% was not meant for micro management like it was in 4 with the rearranging and stuff, it was meant to hold your stuff and give you quick access to your weapons. It wasn't suppose to do anything more which is why it was realtime and easily pulled up. The loading was a good point though that was done so you couldn't just power your way through areas with all the extra ammo. Of course they could have just put in less ammo but that defeats a lot of the purpose of having tons of monsters in an action game if you have limited ammo. Remembering of course RE5 is an action game, not a survival horror. AI, didn;t play the game in SP so no comment but the enemies were adequate for myself and those I played with. Controls, meh, I am not going to whine about this, those that feel it was a bother have that right though. Last boss was unimpressive I agree. Its no GOTY but it was a damn good game imo.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
It's a great game and I loved it :) The versus mode was bs though.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="jyoung312"]

ActicEdge

Really, while you make some decent points I feel people over dramatize when talking about big games. This game is hardly full of fail. The story was not worth mentioning yes. I'm sorry though, when was the story a big component of action shooters again? the inventory sytem didn't make sense yes. But so what? I don't exactly know why it has to make sense, it jhust needs to get the job done. The inventory of RE% was not meant for micro management like it was in 4 with the rearranging and stuff, it was meant to hold your stuff and give you quick access to your weapons. It wasn't suppose to do anything more which is why it was realtime and easily pulled up. The loading was a good point though that was done so you couldn't just power your way through areas with all the extra ammo. Of course they could have just put in less ammo but that defeats a lot of the purpose of having tons of monsters in an action game if you have limited ammo. Remembering of course RE5 is an action game, not a survival horror. AI, didn;t play the game in SP so no comment but the enemies were adequate for myself and those I played with. Controls, meh, I am not going to whine about this, those that feel it was a bother have that right though. Last boss was unimpressive I agree. Its no GOTY but it was a damn good game imo.

Ok the game wasn't all fail; I was being dramatic. It was fun in coop but it had lots of issues and design flaws that prevent it from being top of the class. I'd rate it a 8.0-8.5 but must say I had more fun in Dead Space and even Dark Sector than I did in RE5
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

On a side note, is it just me or does it seem that everyone hates RE5 because it wasn't RE4?

ActicEdge
No it's not just you. It feels like I am one of the few people who loved both RE5 and RE4.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

SilverChimera

No it's not just you. It feels like I am one of the few people who loved both RE5 and RE4.

I'm getting that feeling too. I don't understand it. They're both incredible games.

blackstace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blackstace
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

i thought the game was a fun "game"' with a friend, but over all as a re fan, it was a dumn lame identity crisis re game. i think when re4 was made and they had a nice game engine and probally expensive one, capcom was afraid to throw it in a new ip so they ruined the franchise to sell off the name of re

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

Best of 09?? lol, no.

This! And it really shouldn't have been a problem - they should've been able to make a true single player thats as good as the co-op.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Its a generic co-op shooter. I only enjoyed it when playing with friends. I dislike the fact that there is absolutely no horror in the game.