I've been in the hospital having major surgery since E3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

And I just got back last night.

Am I the only one disappointed for the fate of the PS4 and X1 (I currently can't afford a gaming PC)?

It seems all the games introduced were games we're already knew about. Just the usual yearly Assassin's Creed and Batman games. These are not my cup of tea at all. Hardly any new IP's were introduced for the X1 or PS4 (and these were barely enough to raise an eyebrow).

I was somewhat surprised by Phil Spencer coming out and saying more RTS are needed for consoles. Guess how many console RTS I counted? 0.

Please tell me I'm wrong. That this gen won't be repeat of last gen crappiness.

My brain is a little swollen right now, but that's not enough to deny the shit I'm witnessing.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Don't think this belongs in system war

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3  Edited By majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

The more expensive the games become to develop the frequency of the same shit we'll see over and over will increase. Hope you like indie games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

The Order, Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound, Destiny, Alien Isolation (although is a stablished IP, its still a new take on the franchise), The Evil Within, lots of interesting indie stuff like No Man's Sky, Ori and the Blind Forest, Inside, Not a Hero, Broforce, etc, etc. There were some interesting new things at E3

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boddicker

@Vatusus said:

The Order, Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound, Destiny, Alien Isolation (although is a stablished IP, its still a new take on the franchise), The Evil Within, lots of interesting indie stuff like No Man's Sky, Ori and the Blind Forest, Inside, Not a Hero, Broforce, etc, etc. There were some interesting new things at E3

How many of those did we not know about pre-E3? I can only name 2.

@majadamus said:

The more expensive the games become to develop the frequency of the same shit we'll see over and over will increase. Hope you like indie games.

Sad but true.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

News about MGS 5 and Bloodborne has excited me the most, every other aaa release just seems fairly meh compared to those two beasts.

On the indy side No mans sky looks absolutely brilliant however, overall this E3 hasn't been the best but it certainly hasn't been the worst. lots of cool games for everybody, especially from Nintendo. Nothing I'd label best of show but they certainly helped me change my mind on the WiiU.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 majadamus

@Vatusus said:

As far as AAA games go, I've hear about a lot of these games already. Out of those aforementioned games, Bloodborne, and Scalebound are the only games I haven't heard about. I was happy to see a new Platinum game, though.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

ITT Gamers continuing to complain about the inevitable evolution of the industry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@majadamus said:

@Vatusus said:

As far as AAA games go, I've hear about a lot of these games already. Out of those aforementioned games, Bloodborne, and Scalebound are the only games I haven't heard about. I was happy to see a new Platinum game, though.

I meant that new IPs were present in full force in this years E3. Now if they were surprises or not is a whole another matter

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 majadamus

@Vatusus said:

@majadamus said:

@Vatusus said:

I meant that new IPs were present in full force in this years E3. Now if they were surprises or not is a whole another matter

I'm answering Boddicker's question, and I'm also pointing out why this E3 wasn't such a big deal or nothing to be really excited about. Overall, it was a dull disappointing E3.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boddicker

@parkurtommo said:

ITT Gamers continuing to complain about the inevitable evolution of the industry.

ITT? In their thirties?

@majadamus said:

@Vatusus said:

@majadamus said:

@Vatusus said:

I'm answering Boddicker's question, and I'm also pointing out why this E3 wasn't such a big deal or nothing to be really excited about. Overall, it was a dull disappointing E3.

Again, sad but true. So few reasons to be excited for the PS4 and X1 in 2015.

Then again if my motor skills don't significantly improve my gaming days will be over. I start physical therapy Tuesday. I know nobody cares, but cross your fingers for me.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Hey dude, have a speedy recovery...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I hope you're okay, man.

Hell, if you need anything to do during your recovery, check out Lock 'n Load on Youtube with Lee Ermey. It's him talking about weapons and vehicles, and showing them off.

Who doesn't wanna fucking see Mr. Ermey host a show like that? I'll tell you who.. Communists!

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I'm disappointed that publishers are no longer willing to take risks on AA and AAA budgeted games. That's why I'm loving the indie movement. Games that are allowed to be creative and different and fill the gulf between $10 games and $60 games. I can only see diversity having a positive overall impact throughout the industry, and am pretty optimistic regarding the future of PC, PS4, X1, and WiiU gaming.

Will you provide them with the $50 million required to produce a AAA budget title to allow them to take more risks?

There is crowd sourced funding for a reason.

Star Citizen's budget is approaching $50 million.

As the adage goes, put your money where your mouth is.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Boddicker said:

And I just got back last night.

Am I the only one disappointed for the fate of the PS4 and X1 (I currently can't afford a gaming PC)?

It seems all the games introduced were games we're already knew about. Just the usual yearly Assassin's Creed and Batman games. These are not my cup of tea at all. Hardly any new IP's were introduced for the X1 or PS4 (and these were barely enough to raise an eyebrow).

I was somewhat surprised by Phil Spencer coming out and saying more RTS are needed for consoles. Guess how many console RTS I counted? 0.

Please tell me I'm wrong. That this gen won't be repeat of last gen crappiness.

My brain is a little swollen right now, but that's not enough to deny the shit I'm witnessing.

I guess you and I weren't watching the same E3.

During the E3 I watched, I saw Ori and the Blind Forest, Inside, Scalebound, Entwined, Bloodborne, Abzu, The Talos Principle, Splatoon and other brand new IPs announced.

Which E3 were you watching?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Boddicker: In this thread.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Hope you have a fast recovery. As far as games go,it's never been better from New Ips, to returning sequels to amazing indies.

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

one of the shittiest e3's ever.

e3 didnt start to suck untill last gen.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts