I treat my 360 very bad and it.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

My 360 is sitting right now in my entertainment center, its a small cabinet with a 56" hdtv ontop of it. In the cabinet on the bottom shelf is my surround reciever, the heat vents to the reciever are on top of it and as you all should know...heat rises.... this makes the top shelf itself become very hot from the heat created by the reciever.....sitting on that top shelf is my x360 and my orig xbox..... I have a really nice 7.1 surround with a very big center speaker... the hdtv itself is thin ontop so i cant place the speaker ontop of the tv.... so.... my center speaker sits in my entertainment cabinet DIRECTLY ontop of the 360... they are touching eachother...... my 360 sits between a rock and a bad place as one could say as it is smothered next to alot of equipment that stays on and becomes hot 6-10 hours a day. While i take care of the tv and shut it off when im done.... i usually just leave my 360 on all the time....overnight....for a few days....when im at school...its just on so when i get home i can just turn the tv on....im lazy like that...

the 360 has not ever had the 3 red rings and i am suprised about that. It does however freeze sometimes (mabye 2-3 times a month). and only on certain games.

this is my 2nd 360.... the first one i had stopped reading discs all together and i got a new one with the warranty BUT the first 360 i had was in an entirely different enclosure....the first one was stored and kept as one should keep it and it was THAT one which got the problems.

This leads me to believe that if a 360 is defective... there was something wrong with it on day 1, and something just needed to be the catalyst to push it over the edge and break it.

i should be getting a ps3 sometime soon and YES...i will cram that in the same enteratinment cabinet that is already filled....

EDIT- i have a slim ps2 sitting ontop of the reciever which makes the whole situation more hot and compact....

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
Id watch your 360 next to your ps3. There have been stories of people having their ps3 next to their 360s and the ps3's heat killed it.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
According to the GS poll on the main page about 1/4 of our users have had one or more defective boxes. Lets say some people are faking and knock the number down to about 1/5. Unacceptable if true.