I think I know why people hate call of duty

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

because most people on the net are sony lovers...and call of duty is the reason ps3 lost this generation to the xbox...

this affected sonys plan of games to release which ended up being mostly shooter or shooter type games..trying to come up with a game that was a big a hit as CoD..gone are the rpgs and other creative stuff.

am i right?

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

OR.... COD is simply terrible.:shock:

Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

Nope.

Me being a PC gamer that hates SONY with a passion makes your argument invalid.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

el3m2tigre
Gonna have to say no to both of ya'll.
Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

Nope.

theshadowhunter

i really dont get how someone can hate a company WITH a passion? thinking your energy might be better spent doing something more worthwhile?:?

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts
I think you're a bit off. :/ I dislike (not hate; nazi zombies is cool) CoD because its influence constantly rubs off on games' sequels to which I look forward, and that kills my hype. I know it's also the devs' faults, but if it weren't for CoD being so redundant with each sequel, nothing changing and people flocking to it like stink on poo, then devs wouldn't be so eager to copy and steal some market share. My two cents :)
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KBFloYd

Nope.

theshadowhunter

my post has you covered...point 1 was that it cost sony the sales war..

but part was that it killed creativity of other games..isthis why for you?

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
so much wrong
Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
Well the focus on FPS games this gen is kind of bad because I'm mainly an RPG player. I do love my shooters, don't get me wrong. There is just too many of them this gen. I blame that on COD but that's not the main reason why I dislike COD. COD is just simply not good to me, to simplistic in its gameplay. I like to use squad based tactics, vehicles, things you find in a Battlefield game. Teamwork is another thing I really enjoy. It's much for satisfying winning a game by working together than lone wolfing it and getting tons of kills.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

I think you're a bit off. :/ I dislike (not hate; nazi zombies is cool) CoD because its influence constantly rubs off on games' sequels to which I look forward, and that kills my hype. I know it's also the devs' faults, but if it weren't for CoD being so redundant with each sequel, nothing changing and people flocking to it like stink on poo, then devs wouldn't be so eager to copy and steal some market share. My two cents :)Weird_Jerk

thats the 2nd point in my post..i guess it didnt just kill sonys creativity...but everyone elses too.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

I hate CoD because it's terrible.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts
Well seeing as Call of Duty is the most popular series on the Playstation 3, I tend to disagree.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KBFloYd

so much wrongTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

your a manticore right?

but maybe you prefer sony out of your consoles ..and your mad call of duty killed the ps3?

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dotWithShoes

[QUOTE="theshadowhunter"]

Nope.

Blaze-Agent

i really dont get how someone can hate a company WITH a passion? thinking your energy might be better spent doing something more worthwhile?:?

Sony killed his puppy as a child. I've always wondered why the complete hatred of any company or game series happens.. but oh well, thats System Wars.
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

..What?

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]so much wrongKBFloYd

your a manticore right?

but maybe you prefer sony out of your consoles ..and your mad call of duty killed the ps3?

Sony is still alive. Exclusive wise.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Most people hate it because it is popular. Not exactly because it is popular, but because popular things set the trends. The trends that COD has put into place is something other devs will follow, and down the line it won't be healthy for the industry. While it was started by Microsoft, COD took full advantage of DLC. It is getting rather ridiculous. Give me a FULL game, and when there is demand for more content, give me that. The way things are at the moment is total BS. Not to mention COD devs failing to fix balance(camping?) issues for MP. The funny thing is that the engine isn't bad at all, and the game has the potential to be good.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

People hate it for the same reason apple gets hated on. It's popular.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

el3m2tigre

thats not right either

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

You'd think after all the threads and the discussions about Call of Duty, the reasons would be obvious by now.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KBFloYd

Well the focus on FPS games this gen is kind of bad because I'm mainly an RPG player. I do love my shooters, don't get me wrong. There is just too many of them this gen. I blame that on COD but that's not the main reason why I dislike COD. COD is just simply not good to me, to simplistic in its gameplay. I like to use squad based tactics, vehicles, things you find in a Battlefield game. Teamwork is another thing I really enjoy. It's much for satisfying winning a game by working together than lone wolfing it and getting tons of kills.Randoggy

so your not a CoD hater.... you just dont like it...

do you call it terrible and garbage? because thats the people im trying to understand.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dotWithShoes

Most people hate it because it is popular. Not exactly because it is popular, but because popular things set the trends. The trends that COD has put into place is something other devs will follow, and down the line it won't be healthy for the industry. While it was started by Microsoft, COD took full advantage of DLC. It is getting rather ridiculous. Give me a FULL game, and when there is demand for more content, give me that. The way things are at the moment is total BS. Not to mention COD devs failing to fix balance(camping?) issues for MP. The funny thing is that the engine isn't bad at all, and the game has the potential to be good.

Heirren
You do realize camping will happen in ANY MP shooter.. it's all about terrible players, and bad level design.
Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts

[QUOTE="Weird_Jerk"]I think you're a bit off. :/ I dislike (not hate; nazi zombies is cool) CoD because its influence constantly rubs off on games' sequels to which I look forward, and that kills my hype. I know it's also the devs' faults, but if it weren't for CoD being so redundant with each sequel, nothing changing and people flocking to it like stink on poo, then devs wouldn't be so eager to copy and steal some market share. My two cents :)KBFloYd

thats the 2nd point in my post..i guess it didnt just kill sonys creativity...but everyone elses too.

At this point though, I feel my "dislike" for CoD has dimished a lot, as so many genres are now taking the perks and streaks into consideration. That IGN article on what Zelda can learn from TES was sort of an example of what I'm talking about. People don't have standards for games based on creativity. They have standards based on how similar it is to something they like.

Again though, I don't hate CoD at all; I just feel that it is like a road block on the path to something new.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KBFloYd

Well seeing as Call of Duty is the most popular series on the Playstation 3, I tend to disagree.ShadowDeathX

no but see thats my point..

people are upset that thats the best game on ps3(in popularity) where last gen there was more variety on playstation.

Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts
[QUOTE="Blaze-Agent"]

[QUOTE="theshadowhunter"]

Nope.

dotWithShoes

Sony killed his puppy as a child. I've always wondered why the complete hatred of any company or game series happens.. but oh well, thats System Wars.

How did you know? Sony makes the worst DRM and it has damaged PC gaming in many ways. (Securom)
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
CoD isnt TERRIBLE....per se. It is just .....rehashed. Its the fact that so many people LOVE this rehash and are blinded by that that they dont notice that they are paying for the same product the year before. People hate on it because...its overrated. Simple as that.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#27 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I think it may have more to do with the average gameplay and bad online community.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]so much wrongKBFloYd

your a manticore right?

killed it? COD is the most played game on ps3 as well. people hate it because of the way its badly influenced other games, simple as that
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

fueled-system

thats not right either

What are you talking about, of course i'm right.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

el3m2tigre

thats not right either

Yes you are. *brofist*

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

That's not the truth, but people hate it because it's broken online multiplayer in terms of connection and gameplay,it incredibly linear MP and Activsion's insane control over the franchise.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]thats not right either

mmmwksil

Yes you are. *brofist*

What...... is with your sigs.....

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Nope. PC fan first and foremost, and CoD just plain sucks. BF is where its at. That said, MW1 was pretty fun, although overrated. I had not played 3, 2, and 1 though.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]so much wrongTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

your a manticore right?

killed it? COD is the most played game on ps3 as well. people hate it because of the way its badly influenced other games, simple as that

well which is it?

its popular and everyone overhypes it and it makes you mad..

or is it because it killed all the creativity and it changed your favorite franchises?

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kris9031998

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

your a manticore right?

KBFloYd

well which is it?

its popular and everyone overhypes it and it makes you mad..

or is it because it killed all the creativity and it changed your favorite franchises?

I dont know....both maybe?
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShadowDeathX

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]Well seeing as Call of Duty is the most popular series on the Playstation 3, I tend to disagree.KBFloYd

no but see thats my point..

people are upset that thats the best game on ps3(in popularity) where last gen there was more variety on playstation.

That is true. Variety is a rare thing this generation compared to previous generations on both consoles. I don't blame Call of Duty for it though, even though that is what sparked it. Variety however is kicking very well on PC these couple of years. So I'm happy about that. Hopefully this means that the consoles will get variety again in the next couple of years since consoles tend to have a time lag. Most things that happen on consoles, occurred 4+ years ago on PC.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

It has nothing to do with being a Sony fan. In fact it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that since CoD 4 we have had (3) CoD games and hardly anything has changed outside of some cosmetic fluff that in the grand scheme means squat. As ground breaking as CoD 4 was, the series has gone stale as its devs. are simply taking the "if it aint broke, then why fix it" approach. Problem is there is alot that is broken with CoD!!

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

ABCarmine

Yes you are. *brofist*

What...... is with your sigs.....

They are there for your amusement or disdain. You be the judge :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

dotWithShoes

You do realize camping will happen in ANY MP shooter.. it's all about terrible players, and bad level design.

The second can be fixed. I'm aware players are bound to find exploits in just about any map, but it is just so blatant in COD that you'd think the devs would work on that. I'm not a huge fan of the series, however, I'd be willing to bet that even people that really like the game have complained about it on COD fan forums. The poor mp is what keeps me from the series.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dotWithShoes

It has nothing to do with being a Sony fan. In fact it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that since CoD 4 we have had (3) CoD games and hardly anything has changed outside of some cosmetic fluff that in the grand scheme means squat. As ground breaking as CoD 4 was, the series has gone stale as its devs. are simply taking the "if it aint broke, then why fix it" approach. Problem is there is alot that is broken with CoD!!

ShoTTyMcNaDeS
What are they supposed to have changed that would make you happy? Adding new games modes EVERY single game means nothing? What are they supposed to change?
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KBFloYd

Nope. PC fan first and foremost, and CoD just plain sucks. BF is where its at. That said, MW1 was pretty fun, although overrated. I had not played 3, 2, and 1 though.

NaveedLife

why so much hate though? thats what i dont get... if i dont like a game i say its whatever or i didnt like but this...this is you taking it personal.

all the people at school make fun of you battlefield guys?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadowDeathX

ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Not really. It keeps on selling more and more each year. Why would you risk changing a lot of things when you are doing so well?
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kris9031998
[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]

dotWithShoes
What are they supposed to have changed that would make you happy? Adding new games modes EVERY single game means nothing? What are they supposed to change?

A Coherent story, better fixes towards the buggy engine, fix the online connections, balance the weapons/perks/killstreaks, Add ACTUALLY NEW game modes, etc. They dont do a single thing. The "new game modes" are really just slightly changed versions of game modes from other games.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dotWithShoes

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

The second can be fixed. I'm aware players are bound to find exploits in just about any map, but it is just so blatant in COD that you'd think the devs would work on that. I'm not a huge fan of the series, however, I'd be willing to bet that even people that really like the game have complained about it on COD fan forums. The poor mp is what keeps me from the series.

Dunno if you can tell but I am a COD fan, and I do find the map design to be more camper friendly with each COD that goes on, starting with WaW(and somewhat on COD4). What I find funny, not saying you, but a lot of people on this game spam how bad COD is compared to BF, and BF:BC2 maps are campers paradise. And I am really still hating the fact I shot a guy center mass with a .50 cal sniper rifle and got a hit marker. I do like BF however.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

i like the gameplay, i like the campaigns, i like the competitiveness, i like the setting, the feel and generally like the game itself, but all of that is outweighed by the worse possible thing an online foccused game can have going for it, i hate its community, the majority of its community is full of elitist pricks

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

that's horrible reasoning. I don't hate COD, but I think it's really overrated, especially the online that's supposed to be the best thing ever even with its apparent lag issues. I'd still rather play battlefield, but have no problem with COD since it's a different type of game.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

People just don't like CoD that much. At least on this site. :P

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

It's the year 2011. Yet people continue in denial that both the PS3 and 360 got owned by the Wii and continue to ignore it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"] You do realize camping will happen in ANY MP shooter.. it's all about terrible players, and bad level design.dotWithShoes

Dunno if you can tell but I am a COD fan, and I do find the map design to be more camper friendly with each COD that goes on, starting with WaW(and somewhat on COD4). What I find funny, not saying you, but a lot of people on this game spam how bad COD is compared to BF, and BF:BC2 maps are campers paradise. And I am really still hating the fact I shot a guy center mass with a .50 cal sniper rifle and got a hit marker. I do like BF however.

I am more of a Halo player, but lately all the BS sniper players(that betray you if you grab "their" weapon) are starting to draw me away. For this reason I have moved to MAG somewhat, and plan on picking up BF3 because of this. But my point is that players HAVE complained. The developers know this, yet instead of improving the game they continue to reward instant gratification to the fullest extent. The game is going to sell anyways, so why not? Really, in the time these games have been released, the engine could have been improved perhaps to allow for more variation. As a fan of COD, would you like to have what you have now, in addition to perhaps 32 vs 32 player battles on larger maps? Maybe even more?

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dotWithShoes

i like the gameplay, i like the campaigns, i like the competitiveness, i like the setting, the feel and generally like the game itself, but all of that is outweighed by the worse possible thing an online foccused game can have going for it, i hate its community, the majority of its community is full of elitist pricks

linkin_guy109
Sadly the Battlefield community is as well.