I swear being on SW you would think the 360 is about to be discontiued

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

I mean all I hear is PS3 has potential while the 360 is maxed out. 2008 isPS3 year the 360 has nothing. The PS3 shows it graphical progression the 360 can't even beat the Gears of War after a year.

You guys need to calm down. The 360 is far from being maxed out and it has plenty for 2008. Just because one system has more popular well known games doesn't mean it is going to be that system year. It could be, but that is all just speculation now.

How about you guys wait until the next gaming conference to see what the 360 has in store. I picked the 360 over the PS3 because it isn't an establish console and doesn't have staple games to call them xbox's ips. I like new ips and generally choose them over established franchise if they are fun, and I consider the established franchise stale( I have nothing against sequals I like sequals too). Not saying the PS3 doesn't have new IPs, but the 360 has more and they seem far interesting.

However this doesn't mean I do not want a PS3. I do and will be getting one when FFXIII comes out unless level 5 finds a way to make the battle system awesome again in WKS.

Microsoft might have alot of surprises for you. Sucks that people only want to see Sony succeed. During the Nintendo Sega era I preferred Sega, but never felt that Nintendo was utterly crap and had no games I could ever enjoy. I don't see why people were like that last gen and this gen.

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
Developers never "max-out" consoles. That's just idiotic. Don't even bother - fanboys will be fanboys.
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
strange i get the feeling that the 360 is glorious when i come to SW. People just have various opinions.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

I mean all I hear is PS3 has potential while the 360 is maxed out. 2008 isPS3 year the 360 has nothing. The PS3 shows it graphical progression the 360 can't even beat the Gears of War after a year.

You guys need to calm down. The 360 is far from being maxed out and it has plenty for 2008. Just because one system has more popular well known games doesn't mean it is going to be that system year. It could be, but that is all just speculation now.

How about you guys wait until the next gaming conference to see what the 360 has in store. I picked the 360 over the PS3 because it isn't an establish console and doesn't have staple games to call them xbox's ips. I like new ips and generally choose them over established franchise if they are fun, and I consider the established franchise stale( I have nothing against sequals I like sequals too). Not saying the PS3 doesn't have new IPs, but the 360 has more and they seem far interesting.

However this doesn't mean I do not want a PS3. I do and will be getting one when FFXIII comes out unless level 5 finds a way to make the battle system awesome again in WKS.

Microsoft might have alot of surprises for you. Sucks that people only want to see Sony succeed. During the Nintendo Sega era I preferred Sega, but never felt that Nintendo was utterly crap and had no games I could ever enjoy. I don't see why people were like that last gen and this gen.

too_much_eslim

I don't know what your front page looks like but until November most of the front page threads here in SW were talking bad about PS3, saying it has no good games and other myths. I am glad you chose the 360 for yourself but you kind of contradict yourself in your post. You say you avoid sequels and chose new IPs but then say you will get a PS3, not for Little Big Planet, HS, Uncharted, Warhawk, or many other solid new Ips but for FFXIII. The freakin 13th entry into this series and you complain about sequels?

Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

too_much_eslim

are you sure you don't mean :I swear being on SW you would think thePS3 is about to be discontiued

The PS3 gets bash more than the 360 in SW

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
yeah i feel like the ps3 gets more beef here, not that the 360 doesnt get its share
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts
When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I don't think it going anywheres. But you have to wonder what going on.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
The 360 is the most hated console because it's the best value on the market right now. Everyone is jealous of HALO3 and the achievement system so they are constantly spewing bile at both. It's really quite remarkable. Everyone should love it.
NaturalDeezism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaturalDeezism
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

I know what you mean.

Its cause of the hermits and their elitist views. They always brag about how PCs are so ahead of the game and blah blah blah.

Combine that with the fact that Blu-Ray provides gaming experiences beyond our imagination with 25GB (or 50GB dual-layer) and that puts the PS3 in second place.

So since consoles are inferior, the 360 is just more inferior than the PStriple with its puny little DVD9.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

I thought the Atari 2600 was king around here

crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crispytheone88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts

Developers never "max-out" consoles. That's just idiotic. Don't even bother - fanboys will be fanboys.Erkidu

HOW DARE YOU MAKE SENSE ON SYSTEM WARS

you use of logic and common sense has no place here in system wars, aka fanboy land

twags82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 twags82
Member since 2003 • 4531 Posts

According to SW: 360 will fail due to RROD (both in the market and hardware-wise) and crappy 2008 lineup, Wii's popularity will die soon and suck, and PS3's library sucks but will boom in 2008.

crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 crispytheone88

I thought the Atari 2600 was king around here

carlisledavid79

Nope Atari Jaguar WITH the CD attachment

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.King_of_Sorrow

Seeing your signature, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

Javy03

I don't know what your front page looks like but until November most of the front page threads here in SW were talking bad about PS3, saying it has no good games and other myths. I am glad you chose the 360 for yourself but you kind of contradict yourself in your post. You say you avoid sequels and chose new IPs but then say you will get a PS3, not for Little Big Planet, HS, Uncharted, Warhawk, or many other solid new Ips but for FFXIII. The freakin 13th entry into this series and you complain about sequels?

I would have bought ps3 by now if the games you mention where worth the $60. A 7 -9 hour experience for HS and a 12 hr experience Uncharted is not worth shelling $400 on a system when these two games my most highly anticipated games at that doesn't even break 30 hrs of gameplay combined. Once I beat a game I am done. Unless it has achievements that I want to get.

FFXIII is not really a sequal because it is an entirely new game. I stated WKS didn't I?

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Javy03

The 360 is the most hated console because it's the best value on the market right now. Everyone is jealous of HALO3 and the achievement system so they are constantly spewing bile at both. It's really quite remarkable. Everyone should love it. JiveT

I hope thats sarcasm?

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
What? PS3 hate is the new hotness right now.
NaturalDeezism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaturalDeezism
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

The 360 is the most hated console because it's the best value on the market right now. Everyone is jealous of HALO3 and the achievement system so they are constantly spewing bile at both. It's really quite remarkable. Everyone should love it. JiveT

Halo 3 is pretty bad, but ok.

You do realize we stepped outside of the Sixth Generation and Halo really isn't the best shooter out anymore correct?

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Combine that with the fact that Blu-Ray provides gaming experiences beyond our imagination with 25GB (or 50GB dual-layer) and that puts the PS3 in second place.

NaturalDeezism

Lair FTW!

King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 King_of_Sorrow

[QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.Sgt_Crow

Seeing your signature, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

What else my sig tells about me? Mrs. Cleo the sig-reader. :|

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 too_much_eslim
When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.King_of_Sorrow
Come on. You know most people say the 360 has the best games which technicaly based on reviews of game it is true. However one person 6 is someone elses 9. So in the end it is all opinion. For me Dreamcast is still king when it comes to games. Most fun I had with any console, but I must say the 360 is closing in if keeps pumping out the games. I was more excited for 2008 then 2007 and I am haveing a blast this year.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

too_much_eslim

I would have bought ps3 by now if the games you mention where worth the $60. A 7 -9 hour experience for HS and a 12 hr experience Uncharted is not worth shelling $400 on a system when these two games my most highly anticipated games at that doesn't even break 30 hrs of gameplay combined. Once I beat a game I am done. Unless it has achievements that I want to get.

FFXIII is not really a sequal because it is an entirely new game. I stated WKS didn't I?

The PS3 has many of the same games as the 360. Most of them run just as well on the PS3. Aside from the plentiful exclusives that give around the same gameplay time as many solid games like MGS, GOW, and the not so 40 hour ME, you can enjoy tons of multiplats like Need for Speed, Dirt, Oblivion, Rainbow Six, NGS, COD 4, etc.. Not to mention the fact that you can watch HD movies when you dont wanna game.

Oh and Warhawk, Resistence, COD 4,Motorstorm and Rainbow Six are all solid online games that easily give you more then 30 hours of gameplay. At the end of the day it comes down to preference. You chose the 360 because it was best for your taste. In my opinion the PS3 easily justified the 400 I spend on it. Since launch I have played plenty of games on a regular basis and got a freakin solid Blu ray collection as well.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="JiveT"]The 360 is the most hated console because it's the best value on the market right now. Everyone is jealous of HALO3 and the achievement system so they are constantly spewing bile at both. It's really quite remarkable. Everyone should love it. NaturalDeezism

Halo 3 is pretty bad, but ok.

You do realize we stepped outside of the Sixth Generation and Halo really isn't the best shooter out anymore correct?

What you mean anymore? It never was. Perfect Dark is still the best in my eyes. I am just waiting for a proper sequal now. See guys I like sequals too.
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 King_of_Sorrow

[QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.too_much_eslim
Come on. You know most people say the 360 has the best games which technicaly based on reviews of game it is true. However one person 6 is someone elses 9. So in the end it is all opinion. For me Dreamcast is still king when it comes to games. Most fun I had with any console, but I must say the 360 is closing in if keeps pumping out the games. I was more excited for 2008 then 2007 and I am haveing a blast this year.

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

Wii = Nintendo Entertainment System

PS3 = Playstation 1

That's how I feel about the current gen.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

The Cell and Blu-Ray are the future of gaming. Xbox 360? :lol:

Wtf is an Xbox 360?

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

too_much_eslim

One has to wonder what the hell you're going on about. The 360 is constantly glorified and worshipped here.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

Javy03

The PS3 has many of the same games as the 360. Most of them run just as well on the PS3. Aside from the plentiful exclusives that give around the same gameplay time as many solid games like MGS, GOW, and the not so 40 hour ME, you can enjoy tons of multiplats like Need for Speed, Dirt, Oblivion, Rainbow Six, NGS, COD 4, etc.. Not to mention the fact that you can watch HD movies when you dont wanna game.

Oh and Warhawk, Resistence, COD 4,Motorstorm and Rainbow Six are all solid online games that easily give you more then 30 hours of gameplay. At the end of the day it comes down to preference. You chose the 360 because it was best for your taste. In my opinion the PS3 easily justified the 400 I spend on it. Since launch I have played plenty of games on a regular basis and got a freakin solid Blu ray collection as well.

Sorry buddy, but I wanted Halo 3. However I wans't going to get the 360 if it did not get any JRPGs. Once Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Cry On, Magna Carta 2, Eternal Sonata, and Infinit Undiscovery was announced I jumped in. I normally not a fan of the FF series though, but FFXIII and FFversus peeked my interests. Once again if WKS story truns out to be awesome again I will buy a PS3 along with that game.

Also most multiplat games have been better on the 360 and were not delayed.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Javy03

Wow...caught in a bold faced lied. The PS3 was a minimum of $500 at launch.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.King_of_Sorrow

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

I don't get what are you trying to say. Are you saying the 360 and the wii is being left behind the PS3. I make this assumption based on the fact you compare an 8 bit and 16 bit system with a 32 bit system.
Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

too_much_eslim

Sorry buddy, but I wanted Halo 3. However I wans't going to get the 360 if it did not get any JRPGs. Once Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Cry On, Magna Carta 2, Eternal Sonata, and Infinit Undiscovery was announced I jumped in. I normally not a fan of the FF series though, but FFXIII and FFversus peeked my interests. Once again if WKS story truns out to be awesome again I will buy a PS3 along with that game.

Also most multiplat games have been better on the 360 and were not delayed.

since you like JRPG's what about Disgaea 3?
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 King_of_Sorrow
[QUOTE="Javy03"]

JiveT

Good catch. :lol:

blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]When I come here I get the feeling the 360 is the best console ever made. I even get the feeling people think its games are better than any past gen.King_of_Sorrow

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

There actually is some truth to that. Wii is last gen tech, 360 is current gen stuff thats really accessible and useful now and the ps3 is basically ahead of its time not necessarily graphically but its giving bluray huge momentum something that in the future will be huge thanks to the ps3

King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 King_of_Sorrow
[QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

too_much_eslim

I don't get what are you trying to say. Are you saying the 360 and the wii is being left behind the PS3. I make this assumption based on the fact you compare an 8 bit and 16 bit system with a 32 bit system.

This is based on how they started and my porjection on how they will end up like.

Gun_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gun_Haze
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts
Who are you kidding? LMAO this place is all about PS3 hate. Are you blind? lol
crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crispytheone88

Wtf is an Xbox 360?

Blackbond

Try again, the Cell and Blu-ray is the primary reason the PS3 is a distant third this gen, thats reality

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

King_of_Sorrow

This is based on how they started and my porjection on how they will end up like.

So you are saying Nintendo is going to take over the market again,the xbox will eventually be no more, and Sony will retake the console supremacy?
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 King_of_Sorrow
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Wtf is an Xbox 360?

crispytheone88

Try again, the Cell and Blu-ray is the primary reason the PS3 is a distant third this gen, thats reality

I think he was being sarcastic and bashing the PS3 fans.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Wtf is an Xbox 360?

crispytheone88

He was being sarcastic.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
ya but being next gen is about taking risks, im not saying by any means that 360 is bad its good i enjoy the games, but because of the risk sony took they might pick up more speed and continue whille 360 slows down
blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Wtf is an Xbox 360?

crispytheone88

no that would be pricing, thats all it is - reality

King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 King_of_Sorrow
[QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

too_much_eslim

So you are saying Nintendo is going to take over the market again,the xbox will eventually be no more, and Sony will retake the console supremacy?

Yes, I think Nintendo will win this gen because of the casual vote. I believe the Xbox360 is a successful console, but the company is not. Sony will place second, but still will be consider the console for 'gamers'.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 too_much_eslim
ya but being next gen is about taking risks, im not saying by any means that 360 is bad its good i enjoy the games, but because of the risk sony took they might pick up more speed and continue whille 360 slows downAnimal-Mother
Microsoft took no risks what so ever. People might see that as a risk itself though. It doesn't bother me though. I just want to ply fun games.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

King_of_Sorrow

Yes, I think Nintendo will win this gen because of the casual vote. I believe the Xbox360 is a successful console, but the company is not. Sony will place second, but still will be consider the console for 'gamers'.

Microsoft isn't succesful? Personally I agree that the 360 will be dead last, but I think it will manage to sell at least 40-50 million units this gen.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Both Consoles are equally amazing, we should all accept this.
BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Cow's have been absolutely RABID lately.

The frustration of not having anything worthwhile to play must be getting to them.

Seriously though, it's not only recently, but for MONTHS and MONTHS Cow's have created at least 10 threads a week about:

a) The 360 wont be around by 2009
b) The 360 lineup is horrible and nothing compared to PS3's
c) The 360 will be dropped my Microsoft at the end of 2008

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I realise this is just normal fanboy trolling, and all sides do it, but NEVER with the same amount of MALICE and VENOM that the BS3 users electronically HISS at 360 owners because of the PURCHASE THEY'VE MADE.

Cow's are especially bitter that the 360 is doing so much better than the PS3 (with the Wii absolutely demolishing it) because they're used to being king of the castle and telling other console owners to eat cake for so, so long. It really is bittersweet.

On the flipside, one thing Cows can't stop talking about is the object of their affection - SONY.

DAILY Cow threads:

a) "SONY gonna pwn 2008" (pwn :roll: )
b) PS3 outsells 360!!!!!!!!!!!! (*click on link : In Japan)
c) PS3 will have 2X better graphics than 360 in 2008
d) PS3 has the best lineup ever in 200(insert 1-9 number here)!!!!!!!!!

...amongst others we're all sick of hearing about, the worst and most tiresome are:

e) FF-MMCLXXVIIII and MGS4... why buy a 360 ?
f) THE PS3 HAS SOLD JUST AS WELL AS THE 360 DID IN ITS FIRST YEAR SO ITS DOING BETTER THAN THE 360

Seriously, why must Cow's be so melodramatic ? They take EVERYTHING beyond the pale.

Sheep are just annoying, and Hermits don't apply.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 too_much_eslim
Both Consoles are equally amazing, we should all accept this. black_awpN1
I did a long time ago.
Sdur001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sdur001
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

Xbox360 = Sega Genesis

PS3 = Playstation 1

King_of_Sorrow

I see so many say something to the tone of this but I never read how that will happen.

Do you realize that the PS3 must sale 500.000+ more consoles per month then the 360 to beat them in sales before 2009?

So far (on a combined world wide basese) the PS3 hasn't done that since launch.

I'm not saying the PS3 is a ad console (I do question the Blu-ray drive and what they are using it for) but Logic would tell you that Microsoft will stay in 2nd through out this gen.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="crispytheone88"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Wtf is an Xbox 360?

King_of_Sorrow

I think he was being sarcastic and bashing the PS3 fans.

So saying what the cows say is bashing? Interesting. So if one were to praise ones console then that would be bashing as well?

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"]

JiveT

My bad I mean 499, I bought the 20 gig with no regrets. Sounds like finding that error made your day though, lol.