i must admit Phil Spencer tune sounds fresh PART 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

this guy is what Xbone needs ladies and gentleman

100% genuine

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I thought he was 99% genuine.He slipped up around Kinect.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Awesome!

This guy gets it and understands games are about connecting. Those hoping to see a Kinectless One are going to be sad pandas come e3. He talks a lot about playing games with his children which Kinect allows a lot of people to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Awesome!

This guy gets it and understands games are about connecting. Those hoping to see a Kinect only One are going to be sad pandas come e3. He talks a lot about playing games with his children which Kinect allows a lot of people to do.

so does a controller....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kuu2

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

Awesome!

This guy gets it and understands games are about connecting. Those hoping to see a Kinect only One are going to be sad pandas come e3. He talks a lot about playing games with his children which Kinect allows a lot of people to do.

so does a controller....

For some games.......Kinect allows me to be able to play with the whole family. A controller with 12 buttons doesn't.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I had read a lot of talk about this but never saw the video.. I definitely see why it's a good thing for the Xbox brand. He actually does seem to understand and seems to be genuinely interested in games. Sony had Yoshida, Nintendo has Reggie and MS needed someone like this.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

400 million dollars for NFL content says otherwise. He was every bit a part of the problem. You guys are just too stupid to see the "re-branding".

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@kuu2: the thing about Kinect games for family is, the playing the fool, jostling with loved ones while u play. Who else can you have these laughs with? I remember when Kinect hit, and how many were posting "I don't want flail around like a jerk". I do, with the people I love and laugh with most.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kuu2

@cainetao11 said:

@kuu2: the thing about Kinect games for family is, the playing the fool, jostling with loved ones while u play. Who else can you have these laughs with? I remember when Kinect hit, and how many were posting "I don't want flail around like a jerk". I do, with the people I love and laugh with most.

Exactly, my kids get to see me acting goofy which lets them know I am a father that can have joy in playing a game with them. We also play board games as well, Kinect is just another way for them to experience me having fun with them.

CoLdFuSioN167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By CoLdFuSioN167
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

I like his games first approach!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#13  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I've always liked Phil Spencer honestly, he's the right guy for the job.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja

@getyeryayasout said:

@Shewgenja said:

400 million dollars for NFL content says otherwise. He was every bit a part of the problem. You guys are just too stupid to see the "re-branding".

I see it, and it's just what the Xbox brand needs right now. You gotta give credit where it's due, he seems like the right guy for the job. Whether it's a smokescreen or not remains to be seen.

Until they debundle Kinect and get at a competitive price point, it's all horse shit in my book.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@kuu2: that's why I just bought KSR today, regardless of score. Because next week when I have my brother and nephew over, we will laugh and have a great time

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Last summer's Xbox One DRM/online controversy "hurt me personally," new Head of Xbox Phil Spencer told Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb during his latest podcast. The reason why he was so intimately affected was because he said he knows Microsoft builds products "for the right reasons" and Microsoft could have done more to better communicate this last year.

Dat fresh tune

Gamer first

Etc etc. Disregarding the fact that MS' first party output started declining around the time he took over MS Studios.

LMAO kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2 thinks children don't know how to use controllers.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@kuu2 said:

For some games.......Kinect allows me to be able to play with the whole family. A controller with 12 buttons doesn't.

Said no one ever

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Breath of fresh air, guys.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@Shewgenja said:

I see it, and it's just what the Xbox brand needs right now. You gotta give credit where it's due, he seems like the right guy for the job. Whether it's a smokescreen or not remains to be seen.

Until they debundle Kinect and get at a competitive price point, it's all horse shit in my book.

But Kinect is a part of the Xbox One, they've decided that from day one. They've put too much time and money into making sure everyone has a kinect, and as a company they now must stand behind their decision. You're allowed to not like the xbox, it's too expensive and you don't like Kinect that's fine, but here we are talking about the company, and this is certainly good news for MS. Sony fans act like just because the xbox isn't exactly what they want it to be they should go to war with MS online, just be happy with your purchase. You already have an Xbox with no kinect and a cheaper price, it's called a PS4, so be happy with that and stop being so damn negative in every Xbox article.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Watching that made me remember that E3 is coming up soon. That's exciting. After last year's train wreck, I predict the Xbox One presentation is going to hit a home run this year. I bet they are already practicing.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Awesome!

This guy gets it and understands games are about connecting. Those hoping to see a Kinectless One are going to be sad pandas come e3. He talks a lot about playing games with his children which Kinect allows a lot of people to do.

and how will selling kinect separately destroy that vision? are families wanting to play hardcore games together? why not let hardcore buy standalone console and casuals can buy kinect bundle? well i for one hope they continue to not offer standalone option because kinect is dragging them down, hopefully this is last gen of the scum

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#22 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

No matter how you spin it, he was in on the DRM thing no matter how awesome he is now. He has been there for a long time and supported the idea of DRM, Kinect and used games blockage. I still don't trust guys at MS

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shewgenja

@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@Shewgenja said:

But Kinect is a part of the Xbox One, they've decided that from day one. They've put too much time and money into making sure everyone has a kinect, and as a company they now must stand behind their decision. You're allowed to not like the xbox, it's too expensive and you don't like Kinect that's fine, but here we are talking about the company, and this is certainly good news for MS. Sony fans act like just because the xbox isn't exactly what they want it to be they should go to war with MS online, just be happy with your purchase. You already have an Xbox with no kinect and a cheaper price, it's called a PS4, so be happy with that and stop being so damn negative in every Xbox article.

This has nothing to do with me being a Sony fanboy window licker and everything to do with this.. If they want to be "all about the gamer" now, which is the direction they say they want to be in, then this Kinect bullshit needs to stop. It's them changing their tune, not me. Get it straight. If they aren't willing to do that and it's all a bunch of lip service for the fanboys, then just own that shit and stop pointing fingers.

It's not on me if all you want from MS is feel-goods and talk. That shit is on you.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kuu2

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

Awesome!

and how will selling kinect separately destroy that vision? are families wanting to play hardcore games together? why not let hardcore buy standalone console and casuals can buy kinect bundle? well i for one hope they continue to not offer standalone option because kinect is dragging them down, hopefully this is last gen of the scum

The One is not marketed to just the hard core and if it was it would fail.