I know this is stupid but...

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 metalkid9
Member since 2004 • 6013 Posts
What platform should I get Fallout New Vegas for 360 or PS3. I know it's a preference but that's exactly what my problem is. I can't decide on which one and times like these I wish I only had one console so I don't have to go through this for every multi-platform game. I started pre-ordering games (starting with mafia2) because I don't wanna spend $60 on live when I have a PS3 that has free online. I also have a high end PC and the reason I'm not getting it for that is because controllers are easier for me(especially for long games like this) and my surround sound is not plugged into my PC. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous but please help me out with this. I really wanna get it for PS3 but since the game is only single player I can just get it for 360 and rack up more achievements (yes, I'm an achievement whore and they're fun) I really need the most suggestions that I can get. Cheers.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you TC, I don't know what version to get either (minus the PC version. I'm not rich enough for it yet without missing out on great console titles). Odds are, the 360 version will be better by miniscule means which will be exaggeratted to idiotic extremes. However, the best bet is to wait for more info on it, that way if news comes out about which version is better, you can just buy that one.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wait for reviews to see which version is better.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i dont really see a reason to get it on PS3 didn't they screw it up with PS3 version last time?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you TC, I don't know what version to get either (minus the PC version. I'm not rich enough for it yet without missing out on great console titles). Odds are, the 360 version will be better by miniscule means which will be exaggeratted to idiotic extremes. However, the best bet is to wait for more info on it, that way if news comes out about which version is better, you can just buy that one.

xYamatox

Rich doesnt have anything to do with PC gaming. This gen I have spent more money on ps3 and 360 separetly then I have on my new PC, also have twice as many pc games. Pc gaming isnt as expensive as everyone thinks it is.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Well if you love achievements more than trophies the answer is simple.

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 metalkid9
P.S. Don't think that your opinion won't matter as I take everyone's opinion into consideration. So let your voice be heard :)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

P.S. Don't think that your opinion won't matter as I take everyone's opinion into consideration. So let your voice be heard :)metalkid9
Like Kozzy said, wait for the reviews. That's what I'm gonna do as well. It's about the only time reviews are really useful.

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metalkid9

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

kozzy1234

Rich doesnt have anything to do with PC gaming. This gen I have spent more money on ps3 and 360 separetly then I have on my new PC, also have twice as many pc games. Pc gaming isnt as expensive as everyone thinks it is.

I agree. I live in the projects and I buy all the games and every electronic that I want because it's my passion and I paid for all of them as well. For people who don't know, living in the projects is considered as poor. But I won't be for long since I just graduated :)
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

kozzy1234

It does when you have an apartment, bills, girlfriend, and dept to spend your money before you even make it. Rich has EVERYTHING to do with owning a good gaming PC along with the three consoles if you want to play every game you're interested in.

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metalkid9

[QUOTE="metalkid9"]P.S. Don't think that your opinion won't matter as I take everyone's opinion into consideration. So let your voice be heard :)Bigboi500

Like Kozzy said, wait for the reviews. That's what I'm gonna do as well. It's about the only time reviews are really useful.

True, but the thing is that I wanna pre-order the special edition and I don't wanna "gamble" on it :D
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#12 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Plug your 360 pad into your PC. Done. Or even plug in your PS3 pad via the charger cable. I don't know if it would work properly with New Vegas, but you can rig it up to work with some games.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

metalkid9

I agree. I live in the projects and I buy all the games and every electronic that I want because it's my passion and I paid for all of them as well. For people who don't know, living in the projects is considered as poor. But I won't be for long since I just graduated :)

Not here it isn't, some of our project area 1 story homes in my town cost just as much if not mroe than a 2 story house in a "middle" class neighborhood On-Topic- Wait for reviews.
metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 metalkid9

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

It does when you have an apartment, bills, girlfriend, and dept to spend your money before you even make it. Rich has EVERYTHING to do with owning a good gaming PC along with the three consoles if you want to play every game you're interested in.

Except I got none of those lol and the girlfriend part I don't pay anything, I make it clear from the start that I'm not rich so everyone pays for themselves. I tend to be tight with my money so I can have enough for any game I want. That's all I care about ;)
metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metalkid9

Not here it isn't, some of our project area 1 story homes in my town cost just as much if not mroe than a 2 story house in a "middle" class neighborhood

I know but I live with my mom and she pays for everything. Although I'm looking forward to moving out and be independent. It's just that I've been in college this whole time.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 millerlight89
metalkid9
Not here it isn't, some of our project area 1 story homes in my town cost just as much if not mroe than a 2 story house in a "middle" class neighborhood

I know but I live with my mom and she pays for everything. Although I'm looking forward to moving out and be independent. It's just that I've been in college this whole time.

No need to explain my man. I am still in college, still got 2 years to go even though I have already been in it 3 years lol. I live with my parents and they pay for everything. Enjoy it while you can, I know I sure as hell am.
metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metalkid9
anyway let's stay on topic. Let's keep them coming guys/girls, dont be shy ;)
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

metalkid9

Except I got none of those lol and the girlfriend part I don't pay anything, I make it clear from the start that I'm not rich so everyone pays for themselves. I tend to be tight with my money so I can have enough for any game I want. That's all I care about ;)

^^ That's my point though. PC gaming is obviously affordable to those who don't have bills to pay. For people who DO have bills, it's not really as affordable. If I'm lucky, after bills and such, I may have $80-100 per month to spend on myself (and I have hobbies other than gaming. Paintball takes up a good chunk of $$$ as well, but that's sort of my choice).

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 metalkid9
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="metalkid9"] Not here it isn't, some of our project area 1 story homes in my town cost just as much if not mroe than a 2 story house in a "middle" class neighborhood

No need to explain my man. I am still in college, still got 2 years to go even though I have already been in it 3 years lol. I live with my parents and they pay for everything. Enjoy it while you can, I know I sure as hell am.

True. Don't forget to save up as much as you can as well since they pay for everything :D
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 millerlight89

[QUOTE="metalkid9"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

^^ That's my point though. PC gaming is obviously affordable to those who don't have bills to pay. For people who DO have bills, it's not really as affordable. If I'm lucky, after bills and such, I may have $80-100 per month to spend on myself (and I have hobbies other than gaming. Paintball takes up a good chunk of $$$ as well, but that's sort of my choice).

I think they missed where you said the consoles and PC + the games. Though for someone like me who only games on the PC, I think it would be perfectly affordable, even for people with bills. Do you agree?
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Get the PC version and use a gamepad.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 millerlight89
I would honestly get it on PC (Mods, graphics, price) and get a 360 controller to play it with if you do not like the KB/M.
metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metalkid9

[QUOTE="metalkid9"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

that's definitely true
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="metalkid9"] Except I got none of those lol and the girlfriend part I don't pay anything, I make it clear from the start that I'm not rich so everyone pays for themselves. I tend to be tight with my money so I can have enough for any game I want. That's all I care about ;)millerlight89

I think they missed where you said the consoles and PC + the games. Though for someone like me who only games on the PC, I think it would be perfectly affordable, even for people with bills. Do you agree?

Definatly. Probably even more so with Steam sales, and such. If I only had a PC and maybe one console, it wold be possible (and would happen). I had to pick up a 360, though... -_-;;

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Definatly. Probably even more so with Steam sales, and such. If I only had a PC and maybe one console, it wold be possible (and would happen). I had to pick up a 360, though... -_-;;

Just seeing I was not confused lol. If your happy with your choice that is all that counts.
metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 metalkid9
Get the PC version and use a gamepad. Juggernaut140
I would honestly get it on PC (Mods, graphics, price) and get a 360 controller to play it with if you do not like the KB/M. millerlight89
The surround sound that I'm getting has an optical input so there is no way I can get surround sound for PC unless I buy another surround sound for it. Plus I tend to format my computer a lot (it's been having problems lately) so I don't want the hassle of backing up saved games. (sorry if its a stupid excuse, I understand it would be to some). Consoles just seem more convinient especially for games like this that take up a lot of time. I've played fallout 3 on PC and didn't like it. Honestly it's just the vegas setting that's attracting me to so much to get it. I love vegas and desert settings and it's hard to resist.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts
[QUOTE="metalkid9"]What platform should I get Fallout New Vegas for 360 or PS3. I know it's a preference but that's exactly what my problem is. I can't decide on which one and times like these I wish I only had one console so I don't have to go through this for every multi-platform game. I started pre-ordering games (starting with mafia2) because I don't wanna spend $60 on live when I have a PS3 that has free online. I also have a high end PC and the reason I'm not getting it for that is because controllers are easier for me(especially for long games like this) and my surround sound is not plugged into my PC. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous but please help me out with this. I really wanna get it for PS3 but since the game is only single player I can just get it for 360 and rack up more achievements (yes, I'm an achievement whore and they're fun) I really need the most suggestions that I can get. Cheers.

Honestly based on past experiences with the Fallout series this generation, I would either go with the PC version using the 360 controller or just simply pick it up on the 360 due to the performance issues that we saw on Fallout 3 and how long it took Fallout 3 to get the expansions for the PS3. With Fallout: New Vegas there isn't any online to play with so Live isn't an issue and you'll still be able to later on download any expansions that come out without the need of a Gold account.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 millerlight89
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Get the PC version and use a gamepad. metalkid9
I would honestly get it on PC (Mods, graphics, price) and get a 360 controller to play it with if you do not like the KB/M. millerlight89
The surround sound that I'm getting has an optical input so there is no way I can get surround sound for PC unless I buy another surround sound for it. Plus I tend to format my computer a lot (it's been having problems lately) so I don't want the hassle of backing up saved games. (sorry if its a stupid excuse, I understand it would be to some). Consoles just seem more convinient especially for games like this that take up a lot of time. I've played fallout 3 on PC and didn't like it. Honestly it's just the vegas setting that's attracting me to so much to get it. I love vegas and desert settings and it's hard to resist.

Well it is too late for me to get in a debate about that stuff :P, so I will give you my next choice. This is due to the performance and looks of Fallout 3, I would go with the 360. Now as I said this 100% based on how Fallout 3 performed, this could be different.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 millerlight89
[QUOTE="kejigoto"][QUOTE="metalkid9"]What platform should I get Fallout New Vegas for 360 or PS3. I know it's a preference but that's exactly what my problem is. I can't decide on which one and times like these I wish I only had one console so I don't have to go through this for every multi-platform game. I started pre-ordering games (starting with mafia2) because I don't wanna spend $60 on live when I have a PS3 that has free online. I also have a high end PC and the reason I'm not getting it for that is because controllers are easier for me(especially for long games like this) and my surround sound is not plugged into my PC. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous but please help me out with this. I really wanna get it for PS3 but since the game is only single player I can just get it for 360 and rack up more achievements (yes, I'm an achievement whore and they're fun) I really need the most suggestions that I can get. Cheers.

Honestly based on past experiences with the Fallout series this generation, I would either go with the PC version using the 360 controller or just simply pick it up on the 360 due to the performance issues that we saw on Fallout 3 and how long it took Fallout 3 to get the expansions for the PS3. With Fallout: New Vegas there isn't any online to play with so Live isn't an issue and you'll still be able to later on download any expansions that come out without the need of a Gold account.

Looks like Kejigoto beat me to it :P, o well I will leave my post up as well.
metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 metalkid9

I think you nailed it. That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm open to more suggestion though so keep them coming!
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

not really. i have no job or anything you listed, and my pc is good for a few years.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Get the PC version and use a gamepad. metalkid9

Surround sound is really that big of a deal? "Consoles just seem more convinient especially for games like this that take up a lot of time". I don't know what you mean by that.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Are you like, implying that PC gamers have no responsibilities/girlfriends or something?
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
[QUOTE="metalkid9"]What platform should I get Fallout New Vegas for 360 or PS3. I know it's a preference but that's exactly what my problem is. I can't decide on which one and times like these I wish I only had one console so I don't have to go through this for every multi-platform game. I started pre-ordering games (starting with mafia2) because I don't wanna spend $60 on live when I have a PS3 that has free online. I also have a high end PC and the reason I'm not getting it for that is because controllers are easier for me(especially for long games like this) and my surround sound is not plugged into my PC. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous but please help me out with this. I really wanna get it for PS3 but since the game is only single player I can just get it for 360 and rack up more achievements (yes, I'm an achievement whore and they're fun) Hey dude listen i would recommend the 360 version. and i have both consles. im getting the 360 version.:D I really need the most suggestions that I can get. Cheers.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
[QUOTE="johny300"][QUOTE="metalkid9"]What platform should I get Fallout New Vegas for 360 or PS3. I know it's a preference but that's exactly what my problem is. I can't decide on which one and times like these I wish I only had one console so I don't have to go through this for every multi-platform game. I started pre-ordering games (starting with mafia2) because I don't wanna spend $60 on live when I have a PS3 that has free online. I also have a high end PC and the reason I'm not getting it for that is because controllers are easier for me(especially for long games like this) and my surround sound is not plugged into my PC. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous but please help me out with this. I really wanna get it for PS3 but since the game is only single player I can just get it for 360 and rack up more achievements (yes, I'm an achievement whore and they're fun) Hey dude listen i would recommend the 360 version. and i have both consles. im getting the 360 version. Hey dude listen i would recommend the 360 version. and i have both consles. im getting the 360 version.:D I really need the most suggestions that I can get. Cheers.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Wait and see if theres any bonus content, if there isn't then well just flip a coin i guess lol.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#37 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts

Wait for reviews to see which version is better.

kozzy1234
This is a safe bet. Fallout 3 was better on the 360, so you may also want to keep that in mind (although personally, I'd say the PC version is the best way to go...if you're more comfortable with a controller, just plug it in your computer). As for surround sounds...well, that one has me stumped :P.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I miss my old job's pay. Even after the zillions of bills (yes there were plenty of them), I still had $300 worth of play money every month. It would've only taken three-four months to save up for my then-ultimate computer. Yes, girlfriend, apartment, and all the other bills, and still could afford it. Life was great. But then certain life events happened... ah well...

On topic, I'd wait for some reviews before deciding. Do you not also prefer one system over the other? You also sound as though you like achievements more, so that's something to consider.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

I don't think it really matters whether you get the 360 or PS3 version.

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loadedboon
Member since 2004 • 1986 Posts

What platform should I get Fallout New Vegas for 360 or PS3. I know it's a preference but that's exactly what my problem is. I can't decide on which one and times like these I wish I only had one console so I don't have to go through this for every multi-platform game. I started pre-ordering games (starting with mafia2) because I don't wanna spend $60 on live when I have a PS3 that has free online. I also have a high end PC and the reason I'm not getting it for that is because controllers are easier for me(especially for long games like this) and my surround sound is not plugged into my PC. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous but please help me out with this. I really wanna get it for PS3 but since the game is only single player I can just get it for 360 and rack up more achievements (yes, I'm an achievement whore and they're fun) I really need the most suggestions that I can get. Cheers. metalkid9

You have a PC and then you ask if you should get it for the PS3 or 360? :roll:

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Don't get it - - there problems solved, no more headaches. you have too many systems pain in the bottoms.
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Get it for PC and use your 360 controller.

Between the consoles? I'm gonna go out on a limb and dare propose that it won't matter.

uberjannie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 uberjannie
Member since 2005 • 1762 Posts

I would have gotten the game for the 360. First off, in comparison images on Fallout 3, the 360 got out way ahead of the PS3. Plus the 360 has better controllers for people who doesnt have japanese hands (aka baby fingers). My hands hurts like hell after 1 hour of play on the PS3 controllers.

I've already pre-ordered the game for PC :D

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 metalkid9
[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Juggernaut140

Are you like, implying that PC gamers have no responsibilities/girlfriends or something?

lol XD
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#45 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

If it's anything like Fallout 3 the 360 version will be superior.

ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

get it on pc, not because of graphics, gameplay changes or anything other than the fact that the game will have TONS of mods, just like every other bethesda game. also cant you use your 360 controller on your PC

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gamtrix
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

PS3 for obvious reasons. Blu Ray, it'll last longer in mint condition. Silent console, better controller, online will always work no worries about having to pay for Live in x years times.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Juggernaut140

...gah, please READ before speculating anything. It's like, common sense, and such...

metalkid9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 metalkid9

PS3 for obvious reasons. Blu Ray, it'll last longer in mint condition. Silent console, better controller, online will always work no worries about having to pay for Live in x years times.

Gamtrix
I agree, but not in Fallout NV's case since there is no MP. Plus I got the 360 S so it's pretty quiet unlike my last one that sounded like a vacuum cleaner when I played from the disc.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
Why don't you buy it for PC, and then use your Xbox 360 controller to play it.