I found and bought the Nintendo Wii today

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I called around and when I got to my local Wal-Mart they had 3 left from a shipment that had come in today. I bought the Wii and Wii Play. Can't wait for RE:4, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, and Smash Bros. now :)
Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ganon_919
Member since 2007 • 2016 Posts

Did you own a GC?

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
You should have bought LOZ: TP and SPM instead of Wii Play. But congrats. Now just for the long wait until MP3.. and Battalion Wars 2.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Did you get any other games besides Wii Play?
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

good stuff,man! enjoy!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Wow... you still were able to find one. Nice work.

Here is a list of games you should check out:

Elebits
Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Madden 07
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Sonic and the Secret Rings
SSX Blur
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Super Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tramua Center: Second Opinion
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Elebits
Madden 07
Rayman Raving Rabbids
SSX Blur
Super Paper Mario
foxhound_fox
Plus, if you want a FPS, Call of Duty 3 for the Wii is going to be on sale at Toys R Us starting Sunday for only $19.99. Great price for the best non-Elebits FPS on the system.
ZeldaFan2329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ZeldaFan2329
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
Sweet, I'm getting mine soon..........I hope
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

If you missed out on GC last gen, be sure to pick up some awesome games from there too.

Wind Waker

Eternal Darkness

Metroid Prime 1, 2

Mario Kart DD

etc 

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

I called around and when I got to my local Wal-Mart they had 3 left from a shipment that had come in today. I bought the Wii and Wii Play. Can't wait for RE:4, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, and Smash Bros. now :) JDW_games

I don't appreciate you flaunting your succession in finding a Wii. Therefor, im going to report you to the mods, for raising my jealousy level of Wii owners to it's greatest peak--but either way, congratulations.

:D

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

well ofcourse you gotta get wiiplay... how else do you get a 2nd controller? buy one?

actually, i haven't played wiiplay

but elebits, spm, and zelda are recommended  

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Congrats. Get yourself LOZ and SPM and you'll be fine. 8)
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Wii play is alright but won't last you very long......
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
Proud launch owner. :P
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
I rented sonic and really liked it.  I also bought SSX and it is good.  Also a wii points card would be good for you.  Bomberman 93 has some of the best multiplayer for the system.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
I've had a Wii since my B-Day (May 14th) and I'm still loving this system. I have Wii Sport, Wii Play, WarioWare Smooth Moves and Zelda. I still haven't played Zelda yet. Every time I start to play the Wii I find myself playing Wii Sports. Both my sons were having a blast playing Smooth Moves. The game is definitely kiddie in form, yet still complex enough for adults. I can see why so many people like these type of games. Hardcore games probably will pass on the Wii, but it you want something a bit different to try, it's worth getting.
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

I called around and when I got to my local Wal-Mart they had 3 left from a shipment that had come in today. I bought the Wii and Wii Play. Can't wait for RE:4, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, and Smash Bros. now :) JDW_games

doesnt wii come with wii play? or did you buy an extra copy of wii play to get the free controller then sell the game?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
doesnt wii come with wii play? or did you buy an extra copy of wii play to get the free controller then sell the game?downPlayDemon

It comes with Wiisports. Wiiplay is another game entirely. It is a $10 game that comes with a $40 Wiimote for $50.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
Wii play is terrible, I hope you got it at a low price.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 00173
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts
i cant wait to get my wii, oh and byt he way if i buy a GC game for my wii do i need a GC controller or can i use the wii mote thing????
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JDW_games
Yeah, I bought Wii Play for the extra controller. It was only $10 bucks difference and figured I would try it out. I already have Twilight Princess for the GC.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

If you missed out on GC last gen, be sure to pick up some awesome games from there too.

Wind Waker

Eternal Darkness

Metroid Prime 1, 2

Mario Kart DD

etc 

Pangster007

The list is incomplete.  I see no TimeSplitters.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JDW_games
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Wow... you still were able to find one. Nice work.

Elebits
Madden 07
Rayman Raving Rabbids
SSX Blur
Super Paper Mario
Hoffgod
Plus, if you want a FPS, Call of Duty 3 for the Wii is going to be on sale at Toys R Us starting Sunday for only $19.99. Great price for the best non-Elebits FPS on the system.

Cool ... I may have to get COD3
Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
Sorry wii owner since launch. Wii is crap, worst console possibly ever, but congrats on your horrible purchase. You will regret it before too long.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
why did you only buy wii play? I mean its got the controler bt besides that its not really worth buying. you should have picked up Zelda TP or SPM instead. you might get bored a bit quickly with just wii sports and wii play especially if you dont have anyone to lay with.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JDW_games
Sorry wii owner since launch. Wii is crap, worst console possibly ever, but congrats on your horrible purchase. You will regret it before too long.tylerdurden2621
Thank you for your concern.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JDW_games
why did you only buy wii play? I mean its got the controler bt besides that its not really worth buying. you should have picked up Zelda TP or SPM instead. you might get bored a bit quickly with just wii sports and wii play especially if you dont have anyone to lay with.laughingman42
I've got Zelda TP for the GC, so I'll probably get Metal Slug and Paper Mario next. I only bought Wii Play cause I needed a second controller and it was like paying $10 bucks for the game.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 laughingman42
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]why did you only buy wii play? I mean its got the controler bt besides that its not really worth buying. you should have picked up Zelda TP or SPM instead. you might get bored a bit quickly with just wii sports and wii play especially if you dont have anyone to lay with.JDW_games
I've got Zelda TP for the GC, so I'll probably get Metal Slug and Paper Mario next. I only bought Wii Play cause I needed a second controller and it was like paying $10 bucks for the game.

I would say SPM that game is awesome.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 laughingman42
Sorry wii owner since launch. Wii is crap, worst console possibly ever, but congrats on your horrible purchase. You will regret it before too long.tylerdurden2621
what games do you have?
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts
Two words: Excite Truck.  If you have any love in your heart for arcade racers, buy it now.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JDW_games
I've heard Excite Truck is really fun.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

Two words: Excite Truck. If you have any love in your heart for arcade racers, buy it now.Iyethar

Really? That game looked so unappealing to me. What do you like so much about it?

NinjaFoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NinjaFoot
Member since 2004 • 932 Posts
I saw a Wii on the shelf for the 1st time ever today and I left it sitting where it was.
wagexslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wagexslave
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

[QUOTE="Iyethar"]Two words: Excite Truck. If you have any love in your heart for arcade racers, buy it now.cakeorrdeath

Really? That game looked so unappealing to me. What do you like so much about it?

lmao i was thinking the same thing

not to mention being original in all the wrong ways

Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Iyethar

[QUOTE="Iyethar"]Two words: Excite Truck. If you have any love in your heart for arcade racers, buy it now.cakeorrdeath

It's an old-school game that rewards practice. It's not simply a matter of playing the game through and beating it, it's about learning how achieve godlike results on the track.

It's got a gameplay dynamic revolving around engine heat that works remarkably well. You can turbo at any time, but doing so constantly drives up the heat of your engine - if you pass a certain threshhold (which varies per truck) you will overheat - slowing you down and depriving you of your turbo.

This will never happen once you acquire true skill and learn the courses. It's a sweet dynamic. Turbo right after your wheels leave the ground, and you'll turbo jump and fly through the air. The midair steering and tilting is fantastic - you can land all four wheels on just about any piece of the level geometry if you do it right. When you do this, YOUR TRUCK GETS SET ON FIRE and you can use the Turbo indiscriminately - in fact your engine will cool down while the truck is on fire.

You keep linking that together in accordance with the track and you can basically go as fast or fly as high as you damn well feel like. But coming in first isn't the goal. The goal is getting enough points to S-rank.

When you start out at this game, you will be a wuss that stays in the center of the track, avoiding the other trucks and the plethora of trees and obstacles off the beaten path.

If you persist in your play, you become a badass monster that rules the race with an iron fist, crushing other trucks indiscriminately and screaming past dozens of trees inches from either side of you to rack up the points.

It's just a really good and unique fusion of arcade racing and score attack. If you're not confident about dropping $50 on the game that's one thing, but if you like arcade racers you absolutely owe it to yourself to rent this game - videos do not adequately convey the feel of playing it in the least.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JDW_games
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

[QUOTE="Iyethar"]Two words: Excite Truck. If you have any love in your heart for arcade racers, buy it now.Iyethar

It's an old-school game that rewards practice. It's not simply a matter of playing the game through and beating it, it's about learning how achieve godlike results on the track.

It's got a gameplay dynamic revolving around engine heat that works remarkably well. You can turbo at any time, but doing so constantly drives up the heat of your engine - if you pass a certain threshhold (which varies per truck) you will overheat - slowing you down and depriving you of your turbo.

This will never happen once you acquire true skill and learn the courses. It's a sweet dynamic. Turbo right after your wheels leave the ground, and you'll turbo jump and fly through the air. The midair steering and tilting is fantastic - you can land all four wheels on just about any piece of the level geometry if you do it right. When you do this, YOUR TRUCK GETS SET ON FIRE and you can use the Turbo indiscriminately - in fact your engine will cool down while the truck is on fire.

You keep linking that together in accordance with the track and you can basically go as fast or fly as high as you damn well feel like. But coming in first isn't the goal. The goal is getting enough points to S-rank.

When you start out at this game, you will be a wuss that stays in the center of the track, avoiding the other trucks and the plethora of trees and obstacles off the beaten path.

If you persist in your play, you become a badass monster that rules the race with an iron fist, crushing other trucks indiscriminately and screaming past dozens of trees inches from either side of you to rack up the points.

It's just a really good and unique fusion of arcade racing and score attack. If you're not confident about dropping $50 on the game that's one thing, but if you like arcade racers you absolutely owe it to yourself to rent this game - videos do not adequately convey the feel of playing it in the least.

Exactly. Reviews don't always reflect on how much you will enjoy a game. There are plenty of games in the past that got bad or average reviews but I still enjoyed them.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 laughingman42
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

[QUOTE="Iyethar"]Two words: Excite Truck. If you have any love in your heart for arcade racers, buy it now.Iyethar

oooohhhh. its a true arcade $tyle game with a points system and everything. cool. I'll go rent it tomorrow.
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Iyethar

oooohhhh. its a true arcade $tyle game with a points system and everything. cool. I'll go rent it tomorrow.laughingman42

That's exactly it.  I've put more time into it than I have into Zelda and SPM combined, and it's still fun and exciting from the start of a race to the end of it.  And as I get better at playing it, my enjoyment increases.

One big caveat, though.  The soundtrack is beyond bad, so beg borrow or buy an SD card and put your own MP3s on there.  I use the Matrix soundtrack a lot - if "Leave you far behind" isn't a racing song I don't know what is.  Most races have around a 4 minute time limit so shorter songs are advisable. 

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

You should have bought LOZ: TP and SPM instead of Wii Play. But congrats. Now just for the long wait until MP3.. and Battalion Wars 2.Homesrfan

But he gets a controller with Wii Play!

I think it was a good decision, although he could have ALSO got the other games...

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JDW_games
Should I take Wii Play back and just get a controller by itself? I don't want Wii Play if it totally stinks. I do want to eventually get The Godfather, Metal Slug, and Paper Mario.
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Iyethar

Should I take Wii Play back and just get a controller by itself? I don't want Wii Play if it totally stinks. I do want to eventually get The Godfather, Metal Slug, and Paper Mario. JDW_games

Wii Play is fun enough for what it is.  The shooting demo is fun and the laser hockey is pretty cool for 2 players.  Pose Mii is also surprisingly addicting. 

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pangster007
Should I take Wii Play back and just get a controller by itself? I don't want Wii Play if it totally stinks. I do want to eventually get The Godfather, Metal Slug, and Paper Mario. JDW_games
Couldn't you keep the controller and just sell wiiplay on its own?
shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

Elebits  = Trash
Godfather: Blackhand Edition = Trash
Madden 07 = I don't like sports games, especially EA ones so no opinion.
Rayman Raving Rabbids = Minigame fest
Sonic and the Secret Rings = Trash
SSX Blur = Trash
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz = Trash
Super Paper Mario = Awesome game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess = Awesome game

Tramua Center: Second Opinion = Meh @ best
WarioWare: Smooth Moves = Minigame fest
foxhound_fox

Wii's are not near as hard to find today as they were 2 months back.  most of the games you listed are trash games, that most people stop playing with in a week, so TC don't waste your money.

Super Paper Mario

Zelda TP

Metal Slug Anthology ( ONLY with ****c or gamecube controller )

and Wii play ( Only if you have more than one person to play with )

Those are the only 4 games worth getting on the wii right now.

Everything else is either  "meh - you will stop playing after a week" or "Trash game = for example Red Steel" or "Minigame fest = Rayman for example you will not be playing these games for more than a week guaranteed and you will regret the $50.00 + tax spent on them."

And if you are even remotly still interested in some of those games do yourself a favor and RENT THEM, don't just buy them.

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

wow I can't type

C L A S S I C... it edits it and puts the ***C  way to go glitchspot :roll:

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JDW_games
[QUOTE="JDW_games"]Should I take Wii Play back and just get a controller by itself? I don't want Wii Play if it totally stinks. I do want to eventually get The Godfather, Metal Slug, and Paper Mario. Pangster007

Yeah, I guess that makes since. Just sell the game or trade it towards something else.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~I always forget that those things are rare.:?~-~
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pangster007
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="JDW_games"]Should I take Wii Play back and just get a controller by itself? I don't want Wii Play if it totally stinks. I do want to eventually get The Godfather, Metal Slug, and Paper Mario. JDW_games

Yeah, I guess that makes since. Just sell the game or trade it towards something else.

And that's after you've played the game if/when you get tired of it.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

Good on ya! Hmmm your display pic looks familer...lol have you buy any chance in the past also made posts about 

how bad you think the Wii is?Â