I am srry but Halo 3 looks alot Better then Killzone 2.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 zappa02
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

I compared some pics and over all Halo 3 looks alot better then Killzone 2.

Here is some Pic of ingame footage of Halo 3 and Killzone 2.

What do you think will come up on top for the Best looking FPS Halo 3 or Killzone 2 PLZ vote and comment.

Slyprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Slyprince
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts
that first killzone pic is really low res
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts
lets see till the people actually get to play it. Halo3 does have nice graphics too but Killzone2, by looking at the trailer, it looks promising, action-packed and a real war. in other words, lots of things goin on at the same time. I havent played Halo3 ive only seen it and yes it looks good but dont tell me its another 5vs5 tactical (geow) type of game?
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
Killzone looks like more of... Killzone. Meaning that it won't be what everyone thinks it will be. I'm not saying it won't be good, but I think it is getting overhyped, and there will be some disappointed PS3 owners. Just my opinion. :wink:
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

Here is the flaw in this argument over pictures, KZ2 looked much better in movement than individual screen shots (IMO). You can't duplicate the animations in screen shots so this idea of juding by a couple of pictures is flawed.

Killzone looked a lot better because it looks like it's doing beyond what has been done before. Halo3 looks like a slight upgrade from pervious installments. Not that this is bad because I really enjoyed the first Halo but it fails to compare what I saw in that Killzone video. The fact that they said it's unfinished (which is evident from some very bad textures in some instances).

btw, Halo 3 is releasing this year and Killzone next year. Technically they can both win FPS game of the year. In the end though, Killzone at this time is beating out Halo in my books. Lets hope the gameplay matches the visuals.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
i gotta say KZ. halo3 might have better looking textures but KZ has alot more detaile in places you don't expect like their faces and the guns
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

Halo 3 will most likely be the superior experience, unless KZ2 is WAYbetterthan KZ1. It kind of seems like an unfair comparison though, because Halo 1 & 2 built such a huge fanbase that Halo 3 really has no chance of failing. KZ1 didn't do that, it was an awful PS2 game which garnered hardly any fans, so KZ2 really has its work cut out for it.

Either way, I was ROFLMFAO watching the KZ2 trailer in HD.....biggest disapointment of E-3, hands down. Everyone knew the '05 trailer was too good to be true, but the way people hyped the new trailer I'm so glad to see that it looks like a steaming pile of ****.

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
i think in their own styles they look great, but I voted for Halo 3 because....well....i like Halo:P
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

I'm sorry...

Killzone 2 > Halo 3 in every regard technically.......animations, scale, lighting, graphics, etc.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Killzone looks less detailed to me, the far off buildings look really bad, and the weapons don't look nearly as polished as Halo 3. Killzone has a nice atmosphere and overall looks good but it needs a LOT of polish.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

Halo 3 will most likely be the superior experience, unless KZ2 is WAYbetterthan KZ1. It kind of seems like an unfair comparison though, because Halo 1 & 2 built such a huge fanbase that Halo 3 really has no chance of failing. KZ1 didn't do that, it was an awful PS2 game which garnered hardly any fans, so KZ2 really has its work cut out for it.

Either way, I was ROFLMFAO watching the KZ2 trailer in HD.....biggest disapointment of E-3, hands down. Everyone knew the '05 trailer was too good to be true, but the way people hyped the new trailer I'm so glad to see that it looks like a steaming pile of ****.

MarineJcksn

you think the trailer looked like crap? haha that's gotta be the weakest damage control insw's history :lol:

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
different artstyles, both great. personal preference in artstyle: kilzones art style
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

Killzone looks less detailed to me, the far off buildings look really bad, and the weapons don't look nearly as polished as Halo 3. Killzone has a nice atmosphere and overall looks good but it needs a LOT of polish.themyth01

you think that shiny graphics looks good? well I do too, but KZ is about looking "real" andreal life is not as shiny has Halo 3. KZ2 is better, hands down

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
As of right now Killzone looks better in my opinion. Especially when it comes to animations.
Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
If both games were in motion then i have to say killzone looks better, but pic-wise its halo.
CraigJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 CraigJK
Member since 2004 • 2767 Posts
I like the use of Color in Halo 3, and Killzone looks a lot more impressive in motion, but uses bland colors.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Good job finding a blurry pic to try and sway votes to Halo 3.
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

kz2

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

I like the use of Color in Halo 3, and Killzone looks a lot more impressive in motion, but uses bland colors.CraigJK

Well, that's the Killzone art direction. Generally speaking, they use a darker,grittier pallet.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Are you really sorry? Really, are you?
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

The top two screens both look pretty blah. Especially the Killzone 2one. Super low res.

Out of the two bottom screens I think the Halo 3 one looks better. In any case,I'm not gonna predict the entire graphical aspects oftwo games based off of a comparison between two screens. I vote neither looks better.

And you're not sorry. Don't lie to me.

azndrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 azndrake
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
the second pic KZ looked better than halo 3, while the first pic halo looked better than KZ.
robbv1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 robbv1122
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
KZ2 is in its PRE-PRE-Alpha stages. Not a fair comparison at all.Also the first KZpic is so low reswhich would makemore people wanna vote for Halo 3 in the poll just by looking at thatcrap.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

Even tho Killzone is very impressive, IMO, I still think Halo 3 will be the more successful game and will have higher sales and most probably higher scores too...

metallica_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 metallica_one
Member since 2004 • 966 Posts
I think that both looks great! halo 3 has a better atmosphere, also better color, and lighting. the details I think is pretty even. and the animation is pretty even..but think they both look great.. but halo has proven they have a GREAT gameplay, killzone has not and have to say killzone looked pretty much the same as any other standard fps.. nothing new or special about it, to similar to gears of war inn the look, but halo has gone its own way with the atmosphere and look
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 BrownWalrus
Member since 2005 • 3467 Posts

i think in their own styles they look great, but I voted for Halo 3 because....well....i like Halo:Padriancostin83

The only reason Halo 3 is getting the votes. Try to deny it as much as you want. That, and the fact that the TC chose horrible shots. You can't show of Killzone 2's beauty like that.

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

Random cow : ....butt I like teh gr1tty !1!!!! :cry:

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Ninja_Dog-

[QUOTE="adriancostin83"]i think in their own styles they look great, but I voted for Halo 3 because....well....i like Halo:PBrownWalrus

The only reason Halo 3 is getting the votes. Try to deny it as much as you want. That, and the fact that the TC chose horrible shots. You can't show of Killzone 2's beauty like that.

Here you go :

Oh wait...

BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrownWalrus

-Ninja_Dog-

Random lemming: ....butt i like teh hal0 !1!!!! :cry: i only vote for it because it's halo even though it fails misserably graphically next to killzone 2 :cry:

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
The animation and attention to detail on the characters in KZ2 pushes it ahead.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

MarineJcksn

Damage control at its best.

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Ninja_Dog-
[QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

BrownWalrus

Random lemming: ....butt i like teh hal0 !1!!!! :cry: i only vote for it because it's halo even though it fails misserably graphically next to killzone 2 :cry:

No. Just look at it.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Halo 3 is so much cripsper and Cleaner. Everything is sharp as a razor, detailed, and colorful!
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BrownWalrus
[QUOTE="BrownWalrus"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

-Ninja_Dog-

No. Just look at it.

I already did. I can look at it all day long but that won't change anything. Save yourself the trouble and just admit right now that you were wrong. When it comes down to it, graphically, Killzone 2 steps on Halo 3. To say no would be like saying that Halo 3 looks better than GeoW and saying that IGNs, 1UP's and Gamespot's praise of the game and giving it such comments as "..The visuals are extremely impressive and rank among the best we've seen on the hardware to date" hint hint. We don't see Halo 3 receiving such praise for it's graphics. You know why? Because it doesn't deserve it, and the only people who think otherwise are blind fanboys. At the end of the day, Killzone 2 is gorgeous, came very close to the CGI trailer and is still in Alpha stage which means it still has plenty of time for improvement, just like Halo 3 improved from looking downright disgusting to decent and bearable from the screenshots we see of it today.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

KTHNXBYE

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

Killzone looks like more of... Killzone. Meaning that it won't be what everyone thinks it will be. I'm not saying it won't be good, but I think it is getting overhyped, and there will be some disappointed PS3 owners. Just my opinion. :wink: Impex

and halo 3 isnt overhyped? thats news to me

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Ninja_Dog-

I already did. I can look at it all day long but that won't change anything. Save yourself the trouble and just admit right now that you were wrong. When it comes down to it, graphically, Killzone 2 steps on Halo 3. To say no would be like saying that Halo 3 looks better than GeoW and saying that IGNs, 1UP's and Gamespot's praise of the game and giving it such comments as "..The visuals are extremely impressive and rank among the best we've seen on the hardware to date" hint hint. We don't see Halo 3 receiving such praise for it's graphics. You know why? Because it doesn't deserve it, and the only people who think otherwise are blind fanboys. At the end of the day, Killzone 2 is gorgeous, came very close to the CGI trailer and is still in Alpha stage which means it still has plenty of time for improvement, just like Halo 3 improved from looking downright disgusting to decent and bearable from the screenshots we see of it today.

BrownWalrus

Look again:

Like, no.

But whetever have fun with Flatzone 2

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Ninja_Dog-

[QUOTE="Impex"]Killzone looks like more of... Killzone. Meaning that it won't be what everyone thinks it will be. I'm not saying it won't be good, but I think it is getting overhyped, and there will be some disappointed PS3 owners. Just my opinion. :wink: ejstrup

and halo 3 isnt overhyped? thats news to me

... I think it anticipated highly, not overhyped.

What cows are doing is overhyping.

Avatar image for outlawauron7491
outlawauron7491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 outlawauron7491
Member since 2005 • 248 Posts

Killzone looks less detailed to me, the far off buildings look really bad, and the weapons don't look nearly as polished as Halo 3. Killzone has a nice atmosphere and overall looks good but it needs a LOT of polish.themyth01

KZ2 in coming out in 2008. Halo 3 hits in 2 months. KZ2 has time for polish.

Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#40 Sneaky_Gopher
Member since 2005 • 2440 Posts
Your an idiot. How can you think Halo looks better then Killzone.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Both looks nice, but Killzone 2 just doesn't stand out like Halo 3 stands out. Halo 3 has vibrant andlush colors. In Halo 3 you'll see every color in the color palette, greens, oranges, reds, blues, pinks, purples, and even "invisible", the bubble shield. In Killzone 2, you get that typical brownish-grayish look you get from most games now-a-days. So if you took out the title Killzone from its screen shots, most people probably won't know what it is, they might probably mix up Killzone 2 with Resistance, Area 51 Black Site, or even COD4. So in the end Halo 3 is better because it stands out from other games out there. Killzone 2 just doesn't stand out.

jigga1142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jigga1142
Member since 2004 • 223 Posts

Halo3 looks better in my opinion but as of right now, i really don't care which looks better.. Neither game is available to play right now.. LOoking at low resolution movies, crappy pics can't do either game justice. I'm getting both games anyway..

BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BrownWalrus
[QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]

-Ninja_Dog-

Look again:

Like, no.

But whetever have fun with Flatzone 2

So, in other words, you're admiting defeat. Funny how you managed to completely ignore my post and instead tried to redeem yourself with more worthless pictures of Halo 3. You can't change the opinions of people with nonsense like that. Plus, you still have nothing on what is said about Gamespot and the other professionals.

CitrusMint21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CitrusMint21
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Halo 3 looks like Halo 2. Halo 3 got major graphics downgrade from the CGI trailer shown in the past.

Killzone 2 looks exactly like the trailer shown at E3 2005.

Killzone 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3

Even CoD4 looks better than Halo 2.5

xboxdude333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xboxdude333
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
I voted Killzone 2
AcidRonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AcidRonen
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

if we r gonna have a war over these 2 games can we at least contain it in 1 thread?

and canwe all agree that both games look awesome each out doing theother in different areas

i'm growing tired of fanboys saying that they look like crap and one is far superior than the other

all i'm asking for really is sensible agrumens please people

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

I love Killzone 2's art direction,the gritty style.Ive been waiting for a game to do it,and Killzone does it perfectly.But I noticed lack of details in alot of the textures,but overall ill still go with Killzone.I think Halo will be funny though.

EDIT: I just saw that Halo 3 pic,man that beautiful.I dont know which to pick,both look good.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Wow, fair comparison buddy :roll:
crazyguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 crazyguy92
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
Im sorry but Killzone 2 looks a lot better than Halo 3. See? I can do that too. One thing that everyone forgets to mention is that Killzone 2 is currently in it's "PRE-pre alpha stage". It is completely unfair to compare a Halo 3 beta screen to a Killzone 2 pre alpha screen. http://n4g.com/News-51071.aspx
Shugo129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shugo129
Member since 2004 • 579 Posts

try using this pic I took from the trailer btw I used pain

Even with this pic I dont know if you can compare