Huge PS3 Sequel No Longer Exclusive, Coming to 360

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hunters0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hunters0
Member since 2005 • 368 Posts
Rumor from Kotaku

Blind Item: Why Sony's Not Funding Huge PS3 Sequel

Kotaku Pointing Fish says: Rumors have been swirling that a highly anticipated PS3 game will make its way to the Xbox 360. Sources say the chances of this not happening are 99.99999 percent. It's a sequel, and the game's maker has funded all of the pricey promo trailers out of its own pocket, receiving nothing from Sony. The reason for this blind PS3 gung-ho? The creator apparently views American game consoles as inferior and is hesitant to get tangled up in a distant US corporate hierarchy.

Okay, Kotaku-land. Who is it? Three guesses. Get to it.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/blind-items/blind-item-why-sonys-not-funding-huge-ps3-sequel-234509.php

mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts
What game is it again?
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
What game is it again?mrboo15
A huge PS3 sequel with a lot of trailers and promotion. Yeah, this story really narrows it down right.
mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts
[QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?DaysAirlines
A huge PS3 sequel with a lot of trailers and promotion. Yeah, this story really narrows it down right.

It cant be that huge if Sony has'nt provided any funding :)
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts

Is it any game in anyway related to my sig?
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
I call Bull. It's just a rumor to begin with and it makes no mention of which game it even is.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

:lol:
Avatar image for secretsaiyan007
secretsaiyan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 secretsaiyan007
Member since 2006 • 4508 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?jachichorro

No way! :o
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="jachichorro"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?secretsaiyan007

MGS4? :shock:
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaysAirlines
Watch it be something totally retarded.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#12 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
Just a rumor
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?mrboo15

JAck Tretton said in this months Game Informer, that Sony does not buy exclusives, they earn them. Sounds like Sony may not be earning them either, lol.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="mrboo15"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?Danthegamingman

JAck Tretton said in this months Game Informer, that Sony does not buy exclusives, they earn them. Sounds like Sony may not be earning them either, lol.

I read that and then I LOL'd. Sony isn't in the same position they used to be in. They are going to have to start paying for exclusives now. I hope they learn that soon, before it's too late.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?mrboo15

Sony doesn't care for 3rd party exlusives anymore, they are too busy funding their first party games, they think they are Nintendo all of a sudden and they have no right to do that. I really hope MGS4, or FFXIII doesn't go to the 360 because if two systems both have the same games no one will succeed.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Rumor from Kotaku

Blind Item: Why Sony's Not Funding Huge PS3 Sequel

Kotaku Pointing Fish says: Rumors have been swirling that a highly anticipated PS3 game will make its way to the Xbox 360. Sources say the chances of this not happening are 99.99999 percent. It's a sequel, and the game's maker has funded all of the pricey promo trailers out of its own pocket, receiving nothing from Sony. The reason for this blind PS3 gung-ho? The creator apparently views American game consoles as inferior and is hesitant to get tangled up in a distant US corporate hierarchy.

Okay, Kotaku-land. Who is it? Three guesses. Get to it.hunters0

http://kotaku.com/gaming/blind-items/blind-item-why-sonys-not-funding-huge-ps3-sequel-234509.php

oh lord you should be ashamed for even posting that mess.

ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts
My english is a bit rusty, does this "Sources say the chances of this not happening are 99.99999 percent." mean that there is a 0.00001% chances of this rumor actually happening?.
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Kotaku Pointing Fish says: Rumors have been swirling that a highly anticipated PS3 game will make its way to the Xbox 360. Sources say they are 99.99999 percent certain that the game won't appear on the Xbox 360. It's a sequel, and the game's maker has funded all of the pricey promo trailers out of its own pocket, receiving nothing from Sony. The reason for this blind PS3 gung-ho support? The creator apparently views American game consoles as inferior and is hesitant to get tangled up in a distant US corporate hierarchy.

It says won't
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]My english is a bit rusty, does this "Sources say the chances of this not happening are 99.99999 percent." mean that there is a 0.00001% chances of this rumor actually happening?.

Yep.
DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
The article is REALLY badly written.
arredondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 arredondo
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts
^^^ I was going to post the same thing.
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Danthegamingman
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="mrboo15"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?BioShockOwnz

I read that and then I LOL'd. Sony isn't in the same position they used to be in. They are going to have to start paying for exclusives now. I hope they learn that soon, before it's too late.

Yeah it was pretty funny, I think good ol' JAck accidently let that one slip. But in all fairness GI was hammering him on why PS3 was losing exclusives like AC, GTA4, VF5, etc. I think Jack was about to pee himself and didn't have a prepared comment.
DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
Which big sequels from Japan were slated for release on the 360 anyway ? Resident Evil 5 ? :/
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#24 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Yeah it was pretty funny, I think good ol' JAck accidently let that one slip. But in all fairness GI was hammering him on why PS3 was losing exclusives like AC, GTA4, VF5, etc. I think Jack was about to pee himself and didn't have a prepared comment.Danthegamingman

Are you serious?

I may have to buy GI just for that interview.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"] Sony doesn't care for 3rd party exlusives anymore, they are too busy funding their first party games, they think they are Nintendo all of a sudden and they have no right to do that. I really hope MGS4, or FFXIII doesn't go to the 360 because if two systems both have the same games no one will succeed.

Actually Sony's first-party development is bigger (if not more prolific) than Nintendo's and the quality of their games is constantly improving, why shouldn't they feel they can try and rival Nintendo? Consider if you will that the largest racing franchise of all time is from Sony. Regarding this story, it sounds very much like a joke article..its not serious at all about this stuff.
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts

*I know this won't happen because its published by sony*

I wish the sequel coming to the 360 was killzone 2.  I would enjoy nothing more than watching system wars implode on itself in an orgy of fanboy hypocrisy. 

Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Danthegamingman

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"] Yeah it was pretty funny, I think good ol' JAck accidently let that one slip. But in all fairness GI was hammering him on why PS3 was losing exclusives like AC, GTA4, VF5, etc. I think Jack was about to pee himself and didn't have a prepared comment.LosDaddie

Are you serious?

I may have to buy GI just for that interview.

Yes, Feb 2007 issue, page 20 on the right side half-way down. I remember it well because I could not believe he said that.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

did sony pay for the killzone trailers?

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

*I know this won't happen because its published by sony*

I wish the sequel coming to the 360 was killzone 2. I would enjoy nothing more than watching system wars implode on itself in an orgy of fanboy hypocrisy.

Huff
I don't think Guerrilla hates American consoles and I beleive they are owned by Sony, so it's not KZ2.
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
i think its american game..so it cant be mgs4 or devil may ..what is it ? i wonder..hmmm..damn sony learn how to keep your exclusive...
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
as of right now its still a rumor..i dont care if its a 99 percent it can happen...
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
Watch it be something totally retarded.DaysAirlines
:lol: it wouldnt suprise me.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pins_basic

Okay, I don't think its MGS4 but they say its a PS3 sequal which means its a Sony-Only title that Sony published so I am counting out all Final Fantasy games and all third party exclusive games.

The ps3 sequal must be a first party title so I am writting down a list

• God of War
  • Gran Turismo
  • Kill Zone
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Warhawk
  • Resistance
  • Ratchet
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Syphon Filter
  • Twisted Metal
  • Sly

I can't think anymore but I will cross out God of War, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk because they will be release on the ps3 and still promoting them. I will do the same with Gran Turismo as well.

Now I am looking at the games that hasn't been successful like Twisted Metal, Syphon, and Sly. And the last two is Resistance and Jak. I will know that Insomiac will be making a sequal for the PS3 but I don't know what Naughty Dog will do with Jak??? They are working on that new project and may ditch Jak like how they ditched Crash

FireEmblem_Man
Sony owns Naughty Dog.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
I don't know, but it sounds like a Japanese developer that doesn't like the xbox at all.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#37 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
metal gear solid 4 seems to be the biggest choice but this is just a rumor which i think might have some truth to it.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FireEmblem_Man
[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

Okay, I don't think its MGS4 but they say its a PS3 sequal which means its a Sony-Only title that Sony published so I am counting out all Final Fantasy games and all third party exclusive games.

The ps3 sequal must be a first party title so I am writting down a list

• God of War
  • Gran Turismo
  • Kill Zone
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Warhawk
  • Resistance
  • Ratchet
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Syphon Filter
  • Twisted Metal
  • Sly

I can't think anymore but I will cross out God of War, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk because they will be release on the ps3 and still promoting them. I will do the same with Gran Turismo as well.

Now I am looking at the games that hasn't been successful like Twisted Metal, Syphon, and Sly. And the last two is Resistance and Jak. I will know that Insomiac will be making a sequal for the PS3 but I don't know what Naughty Dog will do with Jak??? They are working on that new project and may ditch Jak like how they ditched Crash

pins_basic

Sony owns Naughty Dog.

Actually I deleted my message, I re-read everything so it couldn't be any first party company. I'm thinking about a Japanese developer that would follow sony's way even if they aren't treated well by them.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FireEmblem_Man

metal gear solid 4 seems to be the biggest choice but this is just a rumor which i think might have some truth to it.cobrax80

I highly doubt that Kojima would go anti xbox.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
This is a joke right.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pins_basic
Here's a quick guess. Dark Cloud 3.

Edit* if it has promo's already then it's not DC3.
arredondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 arredondo
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

Let's look at the clues one at a time:

Kotaku

- Right away you have to raise an eyebrow about the source of any of this, but let's move on.

Pointing Fish says: Rumors have been swirling that a highly anticipated
PS3 game will make its way to the Xbox 360.

- The list includes Tekken 6, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy XIII and versus, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Resident Evil 5 is an outside chance to be on this list. No way can it be Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, etc. because those are 1st and 2nd party developers with an exclusive contract with Sony. They couldn't make a XBox 360 version if they wanted to.

Sources say they are 99.99999 percent certain that the game won't appear on the
Xbox 360.

-The site revised the language to read this way so it is clearer (go through that site's comment section for info from the editors). Bottom line - this game will remain exclusive to the PS3.

It's a sequel, and the game's maker has funded all of the pricey promo trailers out of its own pocket, receiving nothing from Sony.

-My list above are all sequels, and this leaves out awesome new PS3 games like White Knight Story and Heavenly Sword (the latter which is made by a Sony 2nd party company). Pricey promo trailers? Nothing like that has been done for RE5 or Tekken 6, so they are out. That leaves DMC4, FF, and MGS4.

The reason for this blind PS3 gung-ho? The creator apparently views American game consoles as inferior and is hesitant to get tangled up in a distant US corporate
hierarchy.

-"Creator" points to one person instead of a full development team. Right now, FF appears to be a company game as opposed to a game attributed mostly to one person. I take that off the list. "Distant  U.S...." indicates Japan or Europe, but since Europe makes no consoles for this "creator" to be so arrogant about, I'd say Japan. Both of my reamining choices are made in Japan.

So is it DMC4 or MGS4? Hard to say. I'd pick DMC4 because it has had the most rumor hype for a possible X360 port than MGS 4. I'd pick MGS 4 since the three major promos (up to 15 minutes long for each) obviously cost some $$$. However, Capcom has been X360 friendly lately and we hear the MGS 4 workers are having a ball on the X360s with GeOW during downtime.

My final guess: none of these games are coming to the X360 anytime soon after a PS3 release for various reasons, but the article is talking about Devil May Cry 4.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

lol.
jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
I don't know what the game is about, but if its coming to the 360 then its time to say "Another ones bites the dust!". LOL!

Bye bye PS3 exclusives!
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
[QUOTE="secretsaiyan007"][QUOTE="jachichorro"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?jachichorro

Its DMC4.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

Rumors, rumors, are no fun.
Let's forget them, let's be done.

I love it. Kotaku yells wolf and the lemmings jump on it.

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pins_basic
[QUOTE="jachichorro"][QUOTE="secretsaiyan007"][QUOTE="jachichorro"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]What game is it again?Dr_DudeMan

Its DMC4.

It's sequel to a Sony published game.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts

well it mentions the inferiority of american consoles, which means it wont be coming

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

Rumors, rumors, are no fun.
Let's forget them, let's be done.

I love it. Kotaku yells wolf and the lemmings jump on it.

ihatebugers
People jump on these rumours because they often turn out to be true. The talk about DMC right now seems awfully familiar to the talk surrounding Oblivion way back... and with the same responses too.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
So a PS3 exclusive is gonna stay exclusive? What the hell is the point of this article?