how many of the 360's sold are bought because the others broke?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 amcallister902
Member since 2006 • 1339 Posts

im wondering... how many copies did GEoW sell? i'd say that would be around (maybe about a million less) the real number of houses that 360s are in.

EDIT people dont seem to know what im talking about, so this should clear it up (read my post at the bottom)

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="amcallister902"][QUOTE="amcallister902"]

how many copies did GEoW sell?

amcallister902

no-one has answered my question yet O_O

4 million.

And the "10 million shipped" number that MS gave at GDC was 10 million shipped to retailers. It does not include factory refurbs or warranty replacements. So your little troll topic has failed.

so? someone whos 360 broke threw it out, becuase they couldnt get it replaced, so they bought a new one. i wasnt talking about warrenty replacements, i was talking about people having to outright buy a new system.

ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ZinkOxide
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts
Considering warrantees, not many I think.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Yes, the 360 is outselling the PS3 month after month because people keep rebuying 360s. Fact. I've actually had to buy a new 360 everyday since launch because mine kept breaking.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

im wondering... how many copies did GEoW sell? i'd say that would be around (maybe about a million less) the real number of houses that 360s are in.

amcallister902

So, your claim is that GeoW has a 100% attach rate?

I'd like to tell you, you're awfully wrong. It's nary impossible for this to happen worldwide except a bundle EVERYWHERE. 

Still, you have a small problem here: The number MS gives is sold to retailers (aka shipped). Those do not count the amount of consoles manufactured and given as warranty replacements or repairs, so the number of sold consoles is pretty much the number of sold consoles.

Fission Mailed, I guess. 

Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts
0 /thread
billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

I'm on my first one since launch.

Considering how much it's used between me my Gf and brother.

It puts in about 8hrs of play everyday. 12 hrs on weekends.

Takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
How many PS2's were bought cause the first one broke. I know people who had theirs break after launch
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

amcallister902
This is true for PS2 cause it was out for 6 years and warrnarty were 3 months or something. but xbox is warranted for 1 year since Nintendo Wii has 1 year. so not many.
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amcallister902
[QUOTE="amcallister902"]

Grive

So, your claim is that GeoW has a 100% attach rate?

I'd like to tell you, you're awfully wrong. It's nary impossible for this to happen worldwide except a bundle EVERYWHERE. 

Still, you have a small problem here: The number MS gives is sold to retailers (aka shipped). Those do not count the amount of consoles manufactured and given as warranty replacements or repairs, so the number of sold consoles is pretty much the number of sold consoles.

Fission Mailed, I guess. 

first off, read my post again, i said there would be about a million people that didnt buy it. (after all, who wouldnt? its a AAA!) and yes but apparently devs are flocking to the 360 becuase of its install base, but if only half of those ( just a guess ) are actually in homes, then they wouldnt want to bring it would they?
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 peacebringer
How many PS2's were bought cause the first one broke. I know people who had theirs break after launchkcpp2b
check my poll anfd your see 275 voters bought 500 ps2's
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 amcallister902

amcallister902
Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
One guy x360 broke 7 times before turning into crap,but it was just one guy and he was probably a retard
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

amcallister902
Probably a lot less than people bought additional PS2s due to optical errors.
Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts

amcallister902

I'm pretty sure GeOW, although it's popular, won't even have close to 100% attach rate. Didn't everyone else try to denounce the ps2's sales, saying that the number would be half if people didn't have disc read errors?

magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
[QUOTE="amcallister902"]

amcallister902

4 million. And the "10 million shipped" number that MS gave at GDC was 10 million shipped to retailers. It does not include factory refurbs or warranty replacements. So your little troll topic has failed.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
how many ps2's were sold due to disk read errors? how many six axis controllers will be sold due to the inability to change the battery when it no longer holds a charge?
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 magus-21
how many six axis controllers will be sold due to the inability to change the battery when it no longer holds a charge?shoeman12
Dude, that's just moronic. It takes YEARS for a rechargeable battery to stop holding a charge.
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 amcallister902
how many ps2's were sold due to disk read errors? how many six axis controllers will be sold due to the inability to change the battery when it no longer holds a charge?shoeman12
SIXAXIS's batterys wont run out for years (lithium-ion's) and when they do, sony has promised to replace them for free O_O
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Yes, the 360 is outselling the PS3 month after month because people keep rebuying 360s. Fact. I've actually had to buy a new 360 everyday since launch because mine kept breaking.

lol.....everyday huh? And I do agree with you that MS's hardware is more faulty that that of Sony or Nintendo. To end on a strong note though, you need to look up the definition of "fact". Your fanboy opinions DO NOT equal fact. For example, I could say, "The overheating of 360's is the primary reason for global warming. Fact. See? That made about as much sense as your comment did.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaysAirlines
Guys just humor him. Say it's just the couple of lemmings on this forum that keep buying 360's hundreds of times a year.
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 amcallister902
[QUOTE="amcallister902"][QUOTE="amcallister902"]

magus-21

4 million. And the "10 million shipped" number that MS gave at GDC was 10 million shipped to retailers. It does not include factory refurbs or warranty replacements. So your little troll topic has failed.

so? someone whos 360 broke threw it out, becuase they couldnt get it replaced, so they bought a new one. i wasnt talking about warrenty replacements, i was talking about people having to outright buy a new system.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Yes, the 360 is outselling the PS3 month after month because people keep rebuying 360s. Fact. I've actually had to buy a new 360 everyday since launch because mine kept breaking.

lol.....everyday huh? And I do agree with you that MS's hardware is more faulty that that of Sony or Nintendo. To end on a strong note though, you need to look up the definition of "fact". Your fanboy opinions DO NOT equal fact. For example, I could say, "The overheating of 360's is the primary reason for global warming. Fact. See? That made about as much sense as your comment did.

He was being sarcastic, and thus showing how flawed the TC's argument was.
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
Whoever made up this rumour should be shot. ME and 2 friends have had our 360s since launch and they haven't broke once? Where did this come from?
meankilleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meankilleR
Member since 2002 • 9632 Posts
0 because Microsoft replaces them
thizzinpeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thizzinpeace
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
i went through 5 ps2s because of the stupid disk read error andhave only had 1 xbox and so far 1 xbox 360 so i wonder how many ps2s were bought to replace the ones that broke
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="amcallister902"][QUOTE="amcallister902"]

amcallister902

You'd be talking about an extremely, extremely, extremely small minority. In the tens of thousands worldwide, at most.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eddie5vs1
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Yes, the 360 is outselling the PS3 month after month because people keep rebuying 360s. Fact. I've actually had to buy a new 360 everyday since launch because mine kept breaking.

He was being sarcastic, and thus showing how flawed the TC's argument was.

Sorry, you were right and I apologize to the other poster as well. I wasn't paying attention. Sadly though, here on SW, that comment would be viewed as "fact".
audioaxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 audioaxes
Member since 2004 • 1570 Posts

1- stop exaggerating the amount of 360s that have broke, it was not many

2- MS has a good warranty so those who had theirs break could get it repaired or replaced 

ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
Most are covered by warranties, so the number that it stated as sold, is pretty much the number that is sold!
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaysAirlines
There's actually only two or three 360 fans in the world, they are the ones that bought 11 million consoles between the three of them.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 peacebringer
[QUOTE="shoeman12"]how many ps2's were sold due to disk read errors? how many six axis controllers will be sold due to the inability to change the battery when it no longer holds a charge?amcallister902
SIXAXIS's batterys wont run out for years (lithium-ion's) and when they do, sony has promised to replace them for free O_O

they also promised backward compatibility. (See Europe launch)
jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

Guys just humor him. Say it's just the couple of lemmings on this forum that keep buying 360's hundreds of times a year.DaysAirlines

It's my fault. I have personally bought all 10 million 360's. I am building a land bridge to Europe with them.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eddie5vs1
[QUOTE="amcallister902"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]how many ps2's were sold due to disk read errors? how many six axis controllers will be sold due to the inability to change the battery when it no longer holds a charge?peacebringer

they also promised backward compatibility. (See Europe launch)

XBOX 360 LOVES YOU
nybritboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nybritboy
Member since 2005 • 774 Posts
zero, why would you buy a new 360 when repair is $129
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

first off, read my post again, i said there would be about a million people that didnt buy it. (after all, who wouldnt? its a AAA!) and yes but apparently devs are flocking to the 360 becuase of its install base, but if only half of those ( just a guess ) are actually in homes, then they wouldnt want to bring it would they?amcallister902

75-80% attach rate. Same argument.

Devs are flocking to the 360 because software sales are impressively good. IN case you were right (once again, you're not, you have no idea what you're talking about), this would only mean devs would be more interested. Their reaction would be more of the tune: "So the 5.odd attach rate was a lie? it is 11? holy lemmings, I'm jumping ship".

See, nearly 4million GeoW sales out of a base of less than 10 million systems is very good. And there are a lot of games with 1,000,000+ sales: 15 to be precise. This is what developers care about. If half of the actual userbase exists... but they're purchasing twice as many games, then it's no problem at all.

So, even if you were right, you'd be wrong. And again: MS does not count repaired or refurbished consoles as new sales... and most definitely, the amount of outright morons who thrash a $400 system and purchase a new one instead of going into warranty (most systems are still in warranty), or paying at most $140 for the repairs has to be very, very small, as in "insignificant". That happened with the PS2 for several reasons, including the system being cheaper, systems that failed after warranty, and Sony being terrible with customer service.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaysAirlines

[QUOTE="amcallister902"] first off, read my post again, i said there would be about a million people that didnt buy it. (after all, who wouldnt? its a AAA!) and yes but apparently devs are flocking to the 360 becuase of its install base, but if only half of those ( just a guess ) are actually in homes, then they wouldnt want to bring it would they?Grive

75-80% attach rate. Same argument.

Devs are flocking to the 360 because software sales are impressively good. IN case you were right (once again, you're not, you have no idea what you're talking about), this would only mean devs would be more interested. Their reaction would be more of the tune: "So the 5.odd attach rate was a lie? it is 11? holy lemmings, I'm jumping ship".

See, nearly 4million GeoW sales out of a base of less than 10 million systems is very good. And there are a lot of games with 1,000,000+ sales: 15 to be precise. This is what developers care about. If half of the actual userbase exists... but they're purchasing twice as many games, then it's no problem at all.

So, even if you were right, you'd be wrong. And again: MS does not count repaired or refurbished consoles as new sales... and most definitely, the amount of outright morons who thrash a $400 system and purchase a new one instead of going into warranty (most systems are still in warranty), or paying at most $140 for the repairs has to be very, very small, as in "insignificant". That happened with the PS2 for several reasons, including the system being cheaper, systems that failed after warranty, and Sony being terrible with customer service.

That was awesome.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Yes, the 360 is outselling the PS3 month after month because people keep rebuying 360s. Fact. I've actually had to buy a new 360 everyday since launch because mine kept breaking.DaysAirlines

I have to buy a new one every forty-five seconds, and all of my previous 360s have killed a family member or pet.