How is there any denying that PC gaming is faiiling behind?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

I have had a gaming rig for a little over a year now, Pc kills the consoles in graphics but other then that is faiilng way behind in terms of games that pc gamers on here act like the pc so many more of. They rattle off old *** games as the greatest games ever made or medicore to average exclusives as the best games ever just to make there platform seem superior to consoles. If Pc gaming is so superior, why are 95% of my pc games multiplait? Why do great multiplait games not get released at the same time or at all on Pc sometimes? Where is SSF4 on pc? It hasent even been announced and may never will be, due to the fact that they dont think it is even worth porting becaues of piracy. The elitest attitude that Some PC gamers have in general is what is killing pc gaming, They think they are to good to pay for DLC, or have games prices increased like everyone, else because in this day and age making games cost more money. The PC is not the first game system that comes to mind of developers whan making a new game. THis gen reguardless of what the horde of pc gamers will post, consoles have had the better must play exclusives, wait thats right pc dosent have a gen so they will bring lists from the last 15 yrs or so, because thats fair there AAA ans AA will just always get larger as consoles reset every gen:roll:. If pc gaming was so superior games like ssf4 and other multiplats would be released at the same time.

Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

They think they are to good to pay for DLC, or have games prices increased like everyone, else because in this day and age making games cost more money.

Advid-Gamer

I'm going to ignore everything else and focus on this line here. I have a question for you: why buy DLC on thePC when you have the option to download mods for free?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

I game on PC because the games I enjoy most are either never released on console or are released in a stripped-down form.

Comare IL2:Sturmovik with IL2 Birds of Prey. The first is a flight SIM, the second is a flight GAME. The difference being things like: In a Sim, you start on the ground, in group (meaning other planes are in front of you and behind you), with your engine off. You have to set you fuel/air mix, set your propeller pitch, set you magnetos, and then start the engine. In Birds of Prey, there is no engine managements, you start in the air, and even basic flight sim controls like Flap settings aren't available. Same name, different games.

Same with Civilization. Civ4 for the PC is so much more complex and sophisticated than that Civ: Revolution crap for the consoles. What, I can't micro-manage my citizens? WTF?

And then there's games like Oblivion: If I couldn't mod it, I wouldn't play it. The game out-of-box is so lame, what with the level-scaling and all. Heck, windows don't even light up at night, the cities are all dark. Mods fix that. Mods also allow me to add thousands of new pieces of armor and weapons, and quests, for free.

And then there's the true PC exclusives like Stalker, the best FPS gameplay ever. World in Conflict and Company of Heroes, two unique takes on the real-time formula and two of the best games of any platform over the past few years. Civil flight sims like Flight Sim X certainly aren't on consoles. You certainly won't find any hardcore Grognard games on consoles.

And then there's the Total War series, some of the best games ever created. There's nothing of that scale on console; 20,000 warriors showing up for a brawl? Yes, please.

If I want to go back and play a PC game from yesteryear, no problem. And chances are, I can still find an online server. In fact, I was playing Quake II not too long ago...online. What console game from the 90's still has active online servers? And it's not just Quake, either. If I wanted to play online on the consoles, I'd pretty much have to follow the crowd as new games come out and old ones are deserted. No, thanks.

And then there's the whole mouse and keyboard thing...

...graphics are the least of my concerns when I PC game. It's nice having better graphics than consoles, but that's not why I game on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

They think they are to good to pay for DLC, or have games prices increased like everyone, else because in this day and age making games cost more money.

Racer_XLR

I'm going to ignore everything else and focus on this line here. I have a question for you: why buy DLC on thePC when you have the option to download mods for free?

Thats right I forgot, every game released on pc gets must have mods that are always better the dlc, I stand corrected.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

To be fair, 2010 seemed like it would be great and everything, but I'm not feeling much quality in this year so far. Not only in the PC but in other systems as well. I'm not saying that there were no good games (there was GoW 3, ME 2and many others), but so far there were many titles that promised to be ground-breaking and were only good - none were really remarkable games. Just look at how many people still talk about GoW 3... Just an endless process of over-hyping and disapointment that unfortunely I fell tothis particular year.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

I have had a gaming rig for a little over a year now, Pc kills the consoles in graphics but other then that is faiilng way behind in terms of games that pc gamers on here act like the pc so many more of. They rattle off old *** games as the greatest games ever made or medicore to average exclusives as the best games ever just to make there platform seem superior to consoles. If Pc gaming is so superior, why are 95% of my pc games multiplait? Why do great multiplait games not get released at the same time or at all on Pc sometimes? Where is SSF4 on pc? It hasent even been announced and may never will be, due to the fact that they dont think it is even worth porting becaues of piracy. The elitest attitude that Some PC gamers have in general is what is killing pc gaming, They think they are to good to pay for DLC, or have games prices increased like everyone, else because in this day and age making games cost more money. The PC is not the first game system that comes to mind of developers whan making a new game. THis gen reguardless of what the horde of pc gamers will post, consoles have had the better must play exclusives, wait thats right pc dosent have a gen so they will bring lists from the last 15 yrs or so, because thats fair there AAA ans AA will just always get larger as consoles reset every gen:roll:. If pc gaming was so superior games like ssf4 and other multiplats would be released at the same time.

Advid-Gamer

You realize that if you start counting since the day the XBOX360 came out. The PC has more AAA, AA and A exclusives than any of the 3 consoles right?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Wow it is this guy again bashing PC gaming. What a surprise. Get over it dude, PC does many things better than consoles and the things it does better I like.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Advid-Gamer

Clearly only fanboys cry about exclusive games. I wish every game was available on PC or any other system... this would just make gaming better for the consumer, but you rather have exclusives a buy multiple system...

If you don't like exclusives games for PC, then don't play them... and play whatever game you wish to play on whatever system you prefer, exclusive and non exclusive game are just as good. Just because it's exclusive doesn't mean it's better, I really hate that notion of elitisme.

Why haven't you notice that every system is getting less and less exclusives each year???? It's already settle that PC has dominated the with more exclusive, if you don't like them... do you think we care? Haven't you looked at the excel sheet yet????

SSF4 on PC? I for one clearly don't give 2 cents about the game, street fighter is the most rash series I've ever seen... graphics barely get any better, the game play is still the same that it was the last 15 years... seriously, get over it, it's not comming to PC, because PC crowd don't care for fighting games.

Your a well known troll... seriously, you've got woke7 written all over you.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Racer_XLR"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Thats right I forgot, every game released on pc gets must have mods that are always better the dlc, I stand corrected.

Just because you like getting milk doesn't mean every does...

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Wow it is this guy again bashing PC gaming. What a surprise. Get over it dude, PC does many things better than consoles and the things it does better I like.Advid-Gamer
Actually Im glad you posted, poeple like you on the pc forums and people I have been dealing with in online games are part of the reason for my PC gaming hate, I have been a console only gamer for the last 20 years and a pc gamer for only 1 can say that other then the 12 year old kids on live or psn I have ran in to alot of stuck up people oc gaming the elitest attitude I see everyday on here or in the games has made me dislike pc gaming more then I probley should.

So basically, your hate for trolls, transformed you into one?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Bebi_vegeta

Clearly only fanboys cry about exclusive games. I wish every game was available on PC or any other system... this would just make gaming better for the consumer, but you rather have exclusives a buy multiple system...

If you don't like exclusives games for PC, then don't play them... and play whatever game you wish to play on whatever system you prefer, exclusive and non exclusive game are just as good. Just because it's exclusive doesn't mean it's better, I really hate that notion of elitisme.

Why haven't you notice that every system is getting less and less exclusives each year???? It's already settle that PC has dominated the with more exclusive, if you don't like them... do you think we care? Haven't you looked at the excel sheet yet????

SSF4 on PC? I for one clearly don't give 2 cents about the game, street fighter is the most rash series I've ever seen... graphics barely get any better, the game play is still the same that it was the last 15 years... seriously, get over it, it's not comming to PC, because PC crowd don't care for fighting games.

Actually I am not a troll, I do have a gaming pc, I play it almose everyday. a troll is someone pretending to have something and hate it for the sake of it.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Wow it is this guy again bashing PC gaming. What a surprise. Get over it dude, PC does many things better than consoles and the things it does better I like.Advid-Gamer
Actually Im glad you posted, poeple like you on the pc forums and people I have been dealing with in online games are part of the reason for my PC gaming hate, I have been a console only gamer for the last 20 years and a pc gamer for only 1 can say that other then the 12 year old kids on live or psn I have ran in to alot of stuck up people oc gaming the elitest attitude I see everyday on here or in the games has made me dislike pc gaming more then I probley should.

Your attitude is even worst... it shames all gamers alike. All you do is bash with non-sense arguments for no good reasons and you just repeat yourself countless times.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Of course you dont, it is below you:roll:

So because I don't like a game you like i'm a elitisme now? Oh your logic is awesome... Maybe I didn't like SF4 because I've played the same game on SNES? Minus the online experience?

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts
i dont pc game anymore but i used to.. i have to say that PC Gaming is very Fun and i love RTS Games on the PC.i could sit there for hours on end and still want more.i really miss pc gaming :( that being said,pc gaming is not dead and will never die
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Actually I am not a troll, I do have a gaming pc, I play it almose everyday. a troll is someone pretending to have something and hate it for the sake of it.

Who cares what system you have... I was refering to your arguments.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 millerlight89

You do not know anything about me. I am in no way an elitist, so not sure where you came up with that idea. I do not care if you like PC gaming that is fine, but all you ever do is bash it. Can you not come up with anything else to come up with?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

So because I don't like a game you like i'm a elitisme now? Oh your logic is awesome... Maybe I didn't like SF4 because I've played the same game on SNES? Minus the online experience?

Yeo, that is the only differece between ssf4 and the snes version,:lol: at how outdated some pc gamers are.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Yeo, that is the only differece between ssf4 and the snes version,:lol: at how outdated some pc gamers are.

Really? What has changed since then?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Really, it's not. The gap between consoles and PCs has narrowed (for some, it's effectively closed), but both PC and consoles are still growing. Besides, the future's all multiplat anyway. Bow down before our new overlords, Epic and the Unreal Engine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"]PC: Hardcore Veterans. Console: Casual Noobcakes. The primary discrepancy that has kept me hooked on PC gaming for years. Of course, my console gaming and PC gaming co-exist harmoniously, something that System Wars should learn to adopt.

LOL, this is exactly what I am referring to. Enjoy yor console ports for the next 10 years because that is where it is headed like it or not, better get noob friendly
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"]PC: Hardcore Veterans. Console: Casual Noobcakes. The primary discrepancy that has kept me hooked on PC gaming for years. Of course, my console gaming and PC gaming co-exist harmoniously, something that System Wars should learn to adopt.Advid-Gamer
LOL, this is exactly what I am referring to. Enjoy yor console ports for the next 10 years because that is where it is headed like it or not, better get noob friendly

What's wrong with ports?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 millerlight89

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"]PC: Hardcore Veterans. Console: Casual Noobcakes. The primary discrepancy that has kept me hooked on PC gaming for years. Of course, my console gaming and PC gaming co-exist harmoniously, something that System Wars should learn to adopt.Bebi_vegeta

What's wrong with ports?

Exactly. I do not mind waiting when most of the time they are better on pc.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"]PC: Hardcore Veterans. Console: Casual Noobcakes. The primary discrepancy that has kept me hooked on PC gaming for years. Of course, my console gaming and PC gaming co-exist harmoniously, something that System Wars should learn to adopt.Advid-Gamer

You're as obnoxious as anyone here, I don't see why you're berating other people about it.

Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

No not really, I dont dislike my pc, I dislike the people that make up the pc gaming community, that act like the pc is superior to everything else, they bash people that have problems with steam or have a opinion othen then ps gaming is the greatest thing on earth, I get annoyed playing cod on pc and seeing people get booted ot harrased for the name they have choosen. I dont like seeing treads everyday how pc gaming is superior when other then a few games my pc games consist of multiplaits.Advid-Gamer

Please. You can find the same garbage on any platform. I've had similar experiences with Medieval II. Just play with friends; or better yet, find a community on a forum that plays the same game, make friends, and play with them.

Your making this way too hard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"] LOL, this is exactly what I am referring to. Enjoy yor console ports for the next 10 years because that is where it is headed like it or not, better get noob friendlyBebi_vegeta

What's wrong with ports?

Huh, 2 pc gamers that dont mind getting ports. there may be hope after all
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Everything, but I guess as a elitest you dont enjoy games like this, it may be to simplistic for the minds of pc gamers, it is more a game for console noobs.

What are you talking about? Again please tell me what's different, saying everything is like saying nothing...

I for one love Soul Calibure and that's console only...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] LOL, this is exactly what I am referring to. Enjoy yor console ports for the next 10 years because that is where it is headed like it or not, better get noob friendlyLiftedHeadshot

What's wrong with ports?

Nothing at all, this troll just fails.

I am actually not trolling, what did I say that makes me a troll?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 millerlight89
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

What's wrong with ports?

Advid-Gamer

Yet you called me an elitist. Maybe you should learn the nature of the person you are bashing (me). Or just do not stereotype all PC gamers.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

What's wrong with ports?

Advid-Gamer

Or maybe you shouldn't generalise...

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts
be nice,Guys.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Everything, but I guess as a elitest you dont enjoy games like this, it may be to simplistic for the minds of pc gamers, it is more a game for console noobs.

overstatement much? and why are you always so angry and hostile towards everyone and everything? i dont think i have seen one post from you that did not have the air of hostility over it.
LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

What's wrong with ports?

Advid-Gamer

Besides a possible delay, what more is there to complain about ports?
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

I'm a PC gamer and I don't have an elitist attitude.... However I can understand your frustration with some PC gamers, but many of their points are valid. As a whole, the PC is the superior system, but it's also the most expensive. It's that whole "you get what you pay for" kind of deal.... The PC is an open platform that developers can take real risks on without a big budget. I mean most developers start out as indie developers making, guess what? PC games... I don't think you understand what PC gaming is about. With console's a game's lifespan is limited. It's usually only supported/popular for a little while then it get's removed from the face of the Earth :|

Can people play Halo 2 online on the Xbox? Nope. Can people still play Halo CE online on the PC. Yep. PC gamer's cherish their older games because they are still supported and still fun. As much as PC gamers like to brag about having games with the best graphics, it's really about the open platform and being able to play games from any era without much problems, as well as trying out new and unique things that you would rarely see on consoles. It's really not all about the graphics... And heck, if there isn't a game out there with a certain idea or feature that you'd like to see, and if you're skilled enough, you can make a mod, or even better yet, create your own game...

If you bought a PC thinking you would get a supercharged console then you're mistaken, that's not what the PC is about. If you like SSFIV, then go play it on a console. Don't moan about it and use it as a reason why PC gaming is failing, because I can name off plenty of games dont will never make it to consoles...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

What are you talking about? Again please tell me what's different, saying everything is like saying nothing...

Come on dude, go watch the video review or something the game has evolved into one of the best fighting games ever made. If you fail to see how sf has evolved since the snes days, no one can help you.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Come on dude, go watch the video review or something the game has evolved into one of the best fighting games ever made. If you fail to see how sf has evolved since the snes days, no one can help you.

Wow, I'm still waiting...

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Wow it is this guy again bashing PC gaming. What a surprise. Get over it dude, PC does many things better than consoles and the things it does better I like.Bebi_vegeta

Your attitude is even worst... it shames all gamers alike. All you do is bash with non-sense arguments for no good reasons and you just repeat yourself countless times.

It's System Wars, wuddya expect? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Wow, I'm still waiting...

Well dont hold your breath, Im not falling into you trap of no matter what I say you have some smat## anwser, the reviews and videos are there for you viewing pleasure.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 millerlight89
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] Actually Im glad you posted, poeple like you on the pc forums and people I have been dealing with in online games are part of the reason for my PC gaming hate, I have been a console only gamer for the last 20 years and a pc gamer for only 1 can say that other then the 12 year old kids on live or psn I have ran in to alot of stuck up people oc gaming the elitest attitude I see everyday on here or in the games has made me dislike pc gaming more then I probley should.oldkingallant

He did this in the PC board also.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 br0kenrabbit

It's System Wars, wuddya expect? :Poldkingallant

Some civility in debate?

Just because I don't like McDonald's doesn't mean I'm an elitist, it just means I think the food sucks.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] Actually Im glad you posted, poeple like you on the pc forums and people I have been dealing with in online games are part of the reason for my PC gaming hate, I have been a console only gamer for the last 20 years and a pc gamer for only 1 can say that other then the 12 year old kids on live or psn I have ran in to alot of stuck up people oc gaming the elitest attitude I see everyday on here or in the games has made me dislike pc gaming more then I probley should.oldkingallant

Your right... LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

;) exactly, insnt this why this forums is even here? At least I voice my real opinions, if you dont agree with them thats fine, but I dont just make stuff up for the hell of it, if you think its twisted ot not it is my real opinion.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"] Exactly. I do not mind waiting when most of the time they are better on pc.Bebi_vegeta

Or maybe you shouldn't generalise...

Pretty much the entire purpose of this forum is hasty generalizations. What else were you expecting?
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
Yeah, completely ignore my post.... :| But I guess that was the smart thing to do, seeing as your argument would fall apart trying to pass it off on me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

millerlight89

He did this in the PC board also.

To my defense, that was a very valid tread some Pc gamers even agreed with me. like I said I dont troll for the hell of it.