How can anyone say PC gaming is better than console gaming.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts

I recently brought a PC because my other one was getting to old and I also have an Xbox 360. Im going to get straight to the point and say console gaming is much, much better. Not one day in my entire life has a game or my computer not crashed on me, seriously.
Yet every console I have owned has only ever frozen once or twice. Even if you have the right system specifications for a game you cant be %100 sure that it is going to work properly. When you buy a console game you can take it home knowing its going to work and you dont have to install it, you just put it in the console and thats it.
Price of computers is also another factor. I can play better games for less on a consoles. 

For things like movies, music, internet etc. a PC is obviously better. But for games definatly not.    

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I recently brought a PC because my other one was getting to old and I also have an Xbox 360. Im going to get straight to the point and say console gaming is much, much better. Not one day in my entire life has a game or my computer not crashed on me, seriously.
Yet every console I have owned has only ever frozen once or twice. Even if you have the right system specifications for a game you cant be %100 sure that it is going to work properly. When you buy a console game you can take it home knowing its going to work and you dont have to install it, you just put it in the console and thats it.
Price of computers is also another factor. I can play better games for less on a consoles. 

For things like movies, music, internet etc. a PC is obviously better. But for games definatly not.    

lucas_kelly
Some thigns are more awesome on a pc and some aren't.
joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joeblak
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Like many others have said, the PC gets the most A, AA, and AAA titles EVERY year.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
They are both different animals, to be honest.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
You've got some serious problems if your PC crashes on you every day.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts
My PC hasn't crashed in years. And yes, it's Windows. I don't think I've ever crashed on XP. I had NWN2 drop to the desktop a time or two but that's it, my PC was still running just fine.

As for why I game on PC and not consoles, it's all about the games you can't get on consoles, and the fact that there isn't a single game on consoles that interest me. I desire games like:

Civilization III/IV
Rome/Medieval Total War
Company of Heroes
Supreme Commander
IL2: Sturmovik
Flight Sim X
LockON Modern Air Combat
Silient Hunter III (IV soon)

...and so on. Flight Sims aren't possible on consoles for control reasons, strategy games (TBS and RTS) lack on consoles, and war simulators turn into arcade shooters on consoles.

I like games that are less about reflexes and more about technical ability. The consoles are the other way around.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts

Like many others have said, the PC gets the most A, AA, and AAA titles EVERY year.joeblak

I belive it dosent. EVERY game on game spots top games list is a console game. link

joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joeblak

[QUOTE="joeblak"]Like many others have said, the PC gets the most A, AA, and AAA titles EVERY year.lucas_kelly

I belive it dosent. EVERY game on game spots top games list is a console game. link

I never said the highest, I said the most. PC standards are higher as Diablo is the highest scoring PC game (9.6).
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="joeblak"]Like many others have said, the PC gets the most A, AA, and AAA titles EVERY year.lucas_kelly

That's true, but it still always gets the most AAA-exclusives.  Go ahead and count how many AAA's the PC had during the 5 or 6 year period where the PS2, Xbox, and GCN were popular:  you'll find the PC has just about as many AAA's as all the consoles combined.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
The PC is great with FPS and RTS, plus playing online its better on a pc than on any console, however, the pc isn't great with games like devil may cry and so.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
The PC is great with FPS and RTS, plus playing online its better on a pc than on any console, however, the pc isn't great with games like devil may cry and so.thejakel11225
Well, if you have a decent controller, DMC is great.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
Depends on what PC games you been playing lately.
xLegend24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 xLegend24
Member since 2007 • 814 Posts
Consoles also don't have custom mods, plus you can't tweak a game to your liking on a console like you can on a pc.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

lucas_kelly
pc games hardly ever crash unless you have a crappy system with not enough vram or some other issues. if you buy a decent gaming pc games don't crash and for the price of a buget office pc and x360 you can buy a very nice gaming pc
Sovereign727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sovereign727
Member since 2006 • 673 Posts

I recently brought a PC because my other one was getting to old and I also have an Xbox 360. Im going to get straight to the point and say console gaming is much, much better. Not one day in my entire life has a game or my computer not crashed on me, seriously.
Yet every console I have owned has only ever frozen once or twice. Even if you have the right system specifications for a game you cant be %100 sure that it is going to work properly. When you buy a console game you can take it home knowing its going to work and you dont have to install it, you just put it in the console and thats it.
Price of computers is also another factor. I can play better games for less on a consoles.

For things like movies, music, internet etc. a PC is obviously better. But for games definatly not.

lucas_kelly
It has the best games, thats how. Mouse and keyboard is the best way to play RTS, FPSs, MMORPGS and allow for much more complex interfaces and games. Has a library spanning about 20 years so it undeniably has the most good games. Not one day in your life has a game or your computer not crasehd on you? Then your really incompetent at maintaining one....I've clocked up like 1000 hours on World of Warcraft and even more on CS:S, WoW has never crashed, CS:S has crashed like 2 or 3 times... Seriously if crashing and things not working is such a big problem for you then your just not cut out to play games on your PC, since you can't maintain them properly to be capable of running games. "Even if you have the right system specifications for a game you cant be %100 sure that it is going to work properly." I have an obscure video card (6800 GTo) and every single game I have got for my PC, worked. Really the only factor is whether your system can run it competently, and you should be able to figure that out..
ShockerD19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShockerD19
Member since 2005 • 1978 Posts
PC gaming wins out because of its domination in FPS, Strategy, and MMORPG genres.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
PC gaming wins out because of its domination in FPS, Strategy, and MMORPG genres.ShockerD19
It doesn't get much better than WoW and Starcraft! XD
h0wtehnub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 h0wtehnub
Member since 2006 • 730 Posts

I recently brought a PC because my other one was getting to old and I also have an Xbox 360. Im going to get straight to the point and say console gaming is much, much better. Not one day in my entire life has a game or my computer not crashed on me, seriously.
Yet every console I have owned has only ever frozen once or twice. Even if you have the right system specifications for a game you cant be %100 sure that it is going to work properly. When you buy a console game you can take it home knowing its going to work and you dont have to install it, you just put it in the console and thats it.
Price of computers is also another factor. I can play better games for less on a consoles.

For things like movies, music, internet etc. a PC is obviously better. But for games definatly not.

lucas_kelly
I notice how you said you "bought" a pc, does that mean you bought one from dell or wherever, or you bought the computer parts separate. Because if you just bought one from dell or wherever, of course your computer is going to crash more often, its most likely a POS. Also, its better if you install games, because then that means you dont need the disk.
Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
It's easy... PC gaming is better in every aspect.
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
[QUOTE="Hexum-311"]It's easy... PC gaming is better in every aspect.

Quote for truth, except it's price. If you are smart about it, it is better in every way. That's why it's not ment for casuals.. Aka most of the console gamers.
Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]It's easy... PC gaming is better in every aspect.

Quote for truth, except it's price. If you are smart about it, it is better in every way. That's why it's not ment for casuals.. Aka most of the console gamers.

I'm a PC gamer because I'm a cheap gamer...I haven't spent a dime on gaming in years.
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="Hexum-311"][QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]It's easy... PC gaming is better in every aspect.

I'm a PC gamer because I'm a cheap gamer...I haven't spent a dime on gaming in years.

Depends on the games you play.. I play games like Oblivion-Doom3-Half Life2 and stuff like that, so it's not as cheap.
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
Bill gates makes them both. Anti-trust FTW! /thread
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
Bill gates makes them both. Anti-trust FTW! /thread
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Harbadakus
[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"][QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]It's easy... PC gaming is better in every aspect.

Depends on the games you play.. I play games like Oblivion-Doom3-Half Life2 and stuff like that, so it's not as cheap.

I think he might be a pirate...
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="PaintballinDude"]Bill gates makes them both. Anti-trust FTW! /thread

What do you have against Bill Gates? You are just blindly hating a man because he made to of the things you don't have.
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="Harbadakus"][QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"][QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]It's easy... PC gaming is better in every aspect.

I think he might be a pirate...

Modding your PS2 is a lot cheaper.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Some thigns are more awesome on a pc and some aren't.

Konxumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Konxumer
Member since 2005 • 711 Posts
One thing to remember about PC gaming is that it will always be better on paper (stats) than console gaming with the proper equipment. However if I dropped $500-$600 on a PC I really doubt I could get a gaming experience on par with the PS3 or X360.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
PC gaming wins out because of its domination in FPS, Strategy, and MMORPG genres.ShockerD19
That's exactly the reason why I don't really like pc gaming, I don't really like those genres.... well MMORPG's can be fun that's true. But it seems like all the other genres get pushed to the back by way to many FPS and RTS.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
The PC dominates the First Person Shooter and Real Time Strategy areas of gaming, and as those are the games I really enjoy, PC gaming is the best, for me.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
I can. because for me it's the only platform with games I like. Each year there are about 15 pcgames I want and 1,maybe 2 console ones. Simply put the stuff consoles offer doesn't appeal to me
zaigham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zaigham
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts

lucas_kelly
There are some PS3 guys who keep on bashing XBOX360 by saying that 360 crashes frequently and 360s break quite often. The fact is they don't. Similar are you who tends to generalize that all PC games crash frequently. The fact is they don't. In my 7 years of PC gaming, i have only seen 2-3 games crashing. Apart of that i havn't seen any game crashing. You must be having some issues..................
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
If your PC crashes every day, you have problems. The fact that us hermits get the most AAA's even with our higher standards (games like Starcraft get 9.1 becuase of the standards) is saying something.
Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts
How can anyone say PC gaming is better than console gaming?

like this.

*take a breath*
PC gaming is better then console gaming.

thank you thank you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

lucas_kelly

Everyone has there own opinions. I'd rather play console games as well because the experience it 100'x better on a 50" monitor with dolby surround sound. I can play my DVD's and list to music all through my home entertainment center. The PC is in a totally different room and is used mostly for surfing and e-mails.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

If your PC crashes every day, you have problems. The fact that us hermits get the most AAA's even with our higher standards (games like Starcraft get 9.1 becuase of the standards) is saying something.rpg9000owner

"AAA"?!?!? Can you list 10-15 "AAA" that came out last year on the PC? Oblivion and...?

rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts

[QUOTE="rpg9000owner"]If your PC crashes every day, you have problems. The fact that us hermits get the most AAA's even with our higher standards (games like Starcraft get 9.1 becuase of the standards) is saying something.blackace

"AAA"?!?!? Can you list 10-15 "AAA" that came out last year on the PC? Oblivion and...?

I can tell you last gen we had more AAA's than all console combined if thats anything to go on.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
Like many others have said, the PC gets the most A, AA, and AAA titles EVERY year.joeblak
maybe but the games that actually matter to me are console exclusives
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="rpg9000owner"]If your PC crashes every day, you have problems. The fact that us hermits get the most AAA's even with our higher standards (games like Starcraft get 9.1 becuase of the standards) is saying something.blackace

Galatic Civ 2. GTR2 Company of Heroes Diner Dash. Burning Crusade. 10-15? No. But PCs have the most AAA games of any one system. That's a fact, and it's a fact that held true last generation.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
funny how disc swapping is ignored yet installing isn't.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
funny how disc swapping is ignored yet installing isn't.Hewkii

Oh wait isnt installing done ONCE? And takes what 5 minutes? Unless you have a PIII or smth....
Plus the loading times are so much shorter thats aint funny...
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
funny how disc swapping is ignored yet installing isn't.Hewkii
Well PS3 have install times now and from what I've heard some take ages.
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
K+M>controller especially on FPS and RTS