Honestly, MP3 looks amazing.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts

I don't really like the Wii very much. I have played it. Granted, I only played Wii sports, so I didn't give the system a fair chance. But my point is this: Even I, somehone who has little interest in the system, agree that MP3 looks outstanding.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21802.html

This video is not new, but it most definitely showcases how great the game looks - gameplay wise and graphics wise. Gameplay, obviously involves exploring a planet. that is always great. but the graphics have an amazing art style as well. The fortresses in the clouds remind me of a mixture between the Final fantasy series and the Myst series. It looks gorgeous. Anyways, I predict a score of 9.5.

Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

I don't really like the Wii very much. I have played it. Granted, I only played Wii sports, so I didn't give the system a fair chance. But my point is this: Even I, somehone who has little interest in the system, agree that MP3 looks outstanding.

This video is not new, but it most definitely showcases how great the game looks - gameplay wise and graphics wise. Gameplay, obviously involves exploring a planet. that is always great. but the graphics have an amazing art style as well. The fortresses in the clouds remind me of a mixture between the Final fantasy series and the Myst series. It looks gorgeous. Anyways, I predict a score of 9.5.

organic_machine
All right.  I'm glad that Wii games are getting attention from non-Wii fans.  The graphics are quite good, both from a technical and artistic standpoint.
V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts
I have it fully paid off i cannot wait. it will be amazing
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I'm predicting a 9.0, but I agree, it looks awesome. Even more atmospheric than before.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
This game is going to be one smooth, streamlined experience. I can't wait.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

I have it fully paid off i cannot wait. it will be amazingV-a-i-z-a-r-d

Same here actually the big 3 for that matter.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
holy crap that is awesome. never seen that before. looking great, i hope the game doesn't take too long to reach australia.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 organic_machine
Why are there so many MP3 threads about? It's being hyped fair enough....tocool340
you don't HAVE to read the topics, you know. Neither are you obliged to have only original topics.
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
The only worry of mine is that that level was fairly linear, hopefully it will stay true to its adventure roots.
MrAran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 MrAran
Member since 2005 • 4066 Posts
The only worry of mine is that that level was fairly linear, hopefully it will stay true to its adventure roots.Emmenite7
Ultimately, all of the Metroid Prime games are linear, but like HL2, the gameplay is optionated while the main pace ventures on.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21654 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]Why are there so many MP3 threads about? It's being hyped fair enough....organic_machine
you don't HAVE to read the topics, you know. Neither are you obliged to have only original topics.

And it's this type thinking thats making system wars so boring from how it was awhile back...

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.
V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.ColoradoKindBud
Itll control better than any console fps though. waggified? lol
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
That is the first time seeing that video and it looks great, I love the glipse's of Samus's face in the visor when light hits it.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

The main concern that I have is that the developers, in every video outside of IGN's videos, seem to dislike the expert controls. You can tell from that developer walkthrough that he's not using expert controls, but most likely some other, more loose setup.

Why aren't they touting the expert setup that makes the bounding box small?

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 organic_machine

[QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="tocool340"]Why are there so many MP3 threads about? It's being hyped fair enough....tocool340

And it's this type thinking thats making system wars so boring from how it was awhile back...

If you don't like it, leave. If threads get out of hand, there are stickies. As of now, the MP3 threads are not out of hand. If you think they are, PM Casey. Dont come here and complain, that doesn't do anything.

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ColoradoKindBud

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.V-a-i-z-a-r-d

That remains to be seen because FarCry & RedSteel control terribly on the Wii. Even RE4 didn't benefit from Wii control IMO.

Jakster4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jakster4u
Member since 2003 • 1192 Posts
Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.ColoradoKindBud
It is the same.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
True. I just wish Nintendo had have included an upscaling chip or more powerful GPU so the game could run at resolutions that look good on hdtvs. That will be the one thing holding the games graphics back when I play it.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

[QUOTE="V-a-i-z-a-r-d"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.ColoradoKindBud

That remains to be seen because FarCry & RedSteel control terribly on the Wii. Even RE4 didn't benefit from Wii control IMO.

In gamespot's opinion, RE4 did beneift. That's all that matters here. And Those 2 early fps's? They were so broken control wise it's not even funny. Remains to be seen? They already said the controls were strides better than red steel and far cry and crap.

V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

[QUOTE="V-a-i-z-a-r-d"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.kittykatz5k

In gamespot's opinion, RE4 did beneift. That's all that matters here. And Those 2 early fps's? They were so broken control wise it's not even funny. Remains to be seen? They already said the controls were strides better than red steel and far cry and crap.

Yeah. That guy is fuuny. Mp3 will be great for controls.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

[QUOTE="V-a-i-z-a-r-d"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.ColoradoKindBud

RE4 didn't benefit from the Wii-mote? That's a laugh. If the Wii-mote controls weren't present in that game, it would have gotten an 8.0 at the most considering it's the third issue of the game...
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ColoradoKindBud

[QUOTE="V-a-i-z-a-r-d"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.kittykatz5k

Um, Gamespot's opinion is not all that matters to me. I played RE4 on the Wii & felt like the Wii controls actually hampered it a bit. Why do I care what GS thinks about it, I was expressing my opinion on it, not stating a fact.

And I don't see anyone disputing that FarCry & RedSteel controlled horribly on the Wii, so I'm gonna keep an open mind about the controls for MP3, but I'm not gonna believe that they are the best controls ever just because the devs say they are.

V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

Um, Gamespot's opinion is not all that matters to me. I played RE4 on the Wii & felt like the Wii controls actually hampered it a bit. Why do I care what GS thinks about it, I was expressing my opinion on it, not stating a fact.

And I don't see anyone disputing that FarCry & RedSteel controlled horribly on the Wii, so I'm gonna keep an open mind about the controls for MP3, but I'm not gonna believe that they are the best controls ever just because the devs say they are.

how did it hamper it exactly?
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kittykatz5k

ColoradoKindBud

*Sigh* By system wars rules, there are far too many opinions wandering around, most of which are comepletely driven by a biased nature... thus we take in gamespot reviews as law of the land to tell the difference between what's better and worse, as it's much easier to say that than to have 2 contrasting opinions, neither of which might have even touched the game.

And who said DEVS said it was the best controlling conosle fps? That claim comes from media...

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

[QUOTE="V-a-i-z-a-r-d"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.V-a-i-z-a-r-d

The way that you had to move the Wiimote to the sides of the screen to change your viewpoint left or right. It seemed sluggish & jammed me up on a lot of different occasions. I didn't have those issues on the GC or PS2 version. And I hated the giant reticule on the screen, it was so much cooler with just the laser sight.

mmnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mmnin
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

I like the metroid 3s!!!!

Seriously though. I think it looks very similar in style to Metroid Prime 1 and 2. It's amazing how people forget or ignore what the gamecube had. The main differences is this has a bit prettier graphics and the motion controls. Other than that, pretty much the same experience. Ah well, cannot really make sense to people who don't want it made. I have it preordered because I know it will be awesome just like the first two and I want to see better shooting controls on Wii that get recognition and stop the fuss.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Yes MP3 does indeed look amazing.:)
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

[QUOTE="V-a-i-z-a-r-d"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. I'm sure it'll do really well though.V-a-i-z-a-r-d

he probably had his arm stretched right out 10 inches from the screen and played it for about ten minutes at max.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

The way that you had to move the Wiimote to the sides of the screen to change your viewpoint left or right. It seemed sluggish & jammed me up on a lot of different occasions. I didn't have those issues on the GC or PS2 version. And I hated the giant reticule on the screen, it was so much cooler with just the laser sight.

ColoradoKindBud

First off you don't move the Wiimote to the sides of the screen to pan your viewpoint... you pan with the stick...

Are you sure you played the game?

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kittykatz5k

GundamGuy0

First off you don't move the Wiimote to the sides of the screen to pan your viewpoint... you pan with the stick...

I was just thinking that... I think we've scoped out the kind of poeple who force us to adopt gamespot's word as law of the land.

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ColoradoKindBud

GundamGuy0

Yeah, I'm sure. And moving the reticule left & right to pan left & right was slower than I would have expected.

spiggy500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 spiggy500
Member since 2005 • 2042 Posts

V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

kittykatz5k

I was just thinking that... I think we've scoped out the kind of poeple who force us to adopt gamespot's word as law of the land.

yeah. its not like red steel lol
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kittykatz5k

ColoradoKindBud

Yeah, I'm sure. And moving the reticule left & right to pan left & right was slower than I would have expected.

What are you jibber jabbering about, that's not how turning worked at all!

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

ColoradoKindBud

... ... No wonder, you hold A, and then pan with the analong stick...

sil3nt_m0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sil3nt_m0s
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts

I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY A WII FOR THIS GAME!!!

and Smash Bros :)

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kittykatz5k
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

GundamGuy0

... ... No wonder, you hold A, and then pan with the analong stick...

Yeh, i'd be a bit shocked at how slow turning is too if I tried a method of turning that didn't work :|

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
Metroid Prime always looks good, except for Hunter's single player, blah...
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
I seriously can't wait either, this game should be the best Metroid Prime yet.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kittykatz5k
So sad that a level 36 would resort to making up fake opinions on games he's never played. Saving this thread if he ever shows his face again.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
MP3 looks the same as MP2 graphics wise. MP2 was a very pretty game, but it was on the gamecube. This is the Wii, you know, supposed to be more powerful. How about we seesome of this power. MP3 should make MP2 look like an SNES game by comparison, and it doesn't. MP3 looks amazing if it was a gamecube game, not a Wii game.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
i really wanted to play this game in glorious 720P... but it will be great anyway.
taikthebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 taikthebate
Member since 2007 • 1427 Posts
MP3 looks terrible
V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
MP3 looks the same as MP2 graphics wise. MP2 was a very pretty game, but it was on the gamecube. This is the Wii, you know, supposed to be more powerful. How about we seesome of this power. MP3 should make MP2 look like an SNES game by comparison, and it doesn't. MP3 looks amazing if it was a gamecube game, not a Wii game.mazdero
it does look better than mp2...
V-a-i-z-a-r-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 V-a-i-z-a-r-d
MP3 looks terribletaikthebate
Im sure you do too.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
I Pre-ordered and paid off this game today.
taikthebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 taikthebate
Member since 2007 • 1427 Posts
[QUOTE="taikthebate"]MP3 looks terribleV-a-i-z-a-r-d
Im sure you do too.

It's true. My face is 480p, very low resolution and a jagfest, but due to this being Systemwars I'm going to have to make the issue a little more time consuming for everyone and ask for a link.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

Even RE4 didn't benefit from Wii control IMO.

ColoradoKindBud

Just looks like more of the same to me, but with wagglefied controls. ColoradoKindBud

WRONG and WRONG.

Resident Evil 4 (Wii) is the best version of the game: and that is a fact: your opinion doesn't matter here.

If you actually watched some gameplay videos of MP3, you'd know that it isn't the same as MP2: it's a very different game. It's just so unfortunate that this much ignorance is coming from someone who has been here so long.