Honest non-fanboy question. Why do PS3 exclusives look so amazing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Uncharted 3 looks great in some areas and not so good in other areas. I fail to see why KZ3 is even considered.

sdeception40.png

kz3collage2.jpg

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

FFS the 360 can produce visuals that are just as good. Hitman Ab Solution looks better than any PS3 exclusive and it's on 360.

Halo 4 looks just as good as any PS3 exclusive.

Master_ShakeXXX

Sorry, but Hitman Absolution doesn't look better than KZ3, God of War 3, or Uncharted 2/3.

Why do people still bring these two games up in graphics threads? One is 2 years old and the other is 3 years old. Yes they still look good, but they've been surpassed by numerous games now. Hitman Absolution certainly looks better. And KZ3's visuals are overrated. If you want a good argument for best looking exclusive just use Uncharted 3 (and I still think Hitman looks better on consoles).

Hitman looks solid, but I don't think it surpasses the best 1st party Sony titles in terms of visuals.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="delta3074"]It is, But only Margianlly and thats theoretical anyway, The Bottom line is they Both have Strengths and weakness, One thing Halo 4 Proved is that the 360 Can Match the Ps3 in Grphical Fidelity but just like PS3 games it sacrificed Scale to do that, Halo 4 is the best looking Halo to Date, but for me, it was also the most linear, it aslos shows waht you can do with A huge Budget.delta3074
do you know how much lower kz3, uc3, and gow3s budget is compared to halo. and with that little budget and 1 year less on the market, it can still show better looking games

Better looking is debateable, i personall think that Forza Horizon (show me a Ps3 Exclusive that runs 4xMSAA and FXAA in tandem AND holds a steady Framerate in an open world enviroment) and Halo 4 are easily on Par graphically with anything on the Ps3, Even John Carmack sadi himself that he could Create Benchmrks that Show either console is superior to the other and that they where Very similar in power but he Prefers the 360 for it's ease of developement, it was Carmack who ststed that the PS3 was Marginall more powerful than the 360 but you had to swaet bullets to reach that level of theoretical performance.

actually he didn't state it's more powerful, he says it has a higher peak, which doesn't mean sustained throughput
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] if ps4 and 720 come out on the same day same price. do you really think 720 will succeed? only reason ps3 was behind is because everyone jumped ship and bought xbox360 cause the people wanted to play next gen consoles and didnt want to wait for a year. even with the price ps3 had, it is neck to neck with 360 in sales. it has been 1 year less on the market. and 1 and half years less everyone else...planbfreak4eva
Xbox 360 fans are not going to jump ship and join the Sony crowd if they continue to get the games they want (Halo, Gears, Forza, COD). So, who are all these new people that will suddenly embrace the Playstation on a mass level outside the already initial Sony fanbase?

not everyone will jump ship, but i beleive many learned the mistake of owning a 360. cod sales are 60/40. so dont worry, people will buy cod on ps3. i can guarantee you that next gen 720 sales, will be half of what 360s are this gen...

What mistake was that then? all i see is people saying that the 360 was a 'mistake' or 'it performed badly this gen' without any tangible evidence to back up these completely baseless statements, too many people passing there own opinion off as Facts in this thread. The truth. Xbox 360 has more games than the Ps3, it has more high scoring games than the Ps3, The 360 actually made MS a Profit and they Expanded ther user base over the last generation, Please tell me how that equates to the 360 'performing badly' or being a 'mistake purchase' And you can guarantee nothing sunshine you have no idea How MS and SONYs next consoles are going do in sales
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

Because the games are ultra-linear?

Ly_the_Fairy

and have prebaked graphics

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#106 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="emgesp"] Sorry, but Hitman Absolution doesn't look better than KZ3, God of War 3, or Uncharted 2/3. emgesp

Why do people still bring these two games up in graphics threads? One is 2 years old and the other is 3 years old. Yes they still look good, but they've been surpassed by numerous games now. Hitman Absolution certainly looks better. And KZ3's visuals are overrated. If you want a good argument for best looking exclusive just use Uncharted 3 (and I still think Hitman looks better on consoles).

Hitman looks solid, but I don't think it surpasses the best 1st party Sony titles in terms of visuals.

Hitman definitely looks better. It also manages to have more open levels.

_-Hitman-Absolution-PS3-_.jpg

600px-Uncharted3-Cannon-1.jpg

Uncharted3-2-620x.jpg

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 delta3074

[QUOTE="emgesp"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Uncharted3-2-620x.jpg

i think we must be the only 2 on here that think Absolution Looks amazing and is an amazing game, it's doesn't just have more open levels, it has a higher level of interaction with your enviroment than most games as well.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="emgesp"]

delta3074

Uncharted3-2-620x.jpg

i think we must be the only 2 on here that think Absolution Looks amazing and is an amazing game, it's doesn't just have more open levels, it has a higher level of interaction with your enviroment than most games as well.

Nah, there was a thread here a few days ago where people were admiring it's graphics (the PC version). I still think the console versions look great though. Better than anything else on consoles at this current juncture in time. It looks most impressive when there's large crowds of people as well (can't believe they were able to pull that off on 6 and 7 year old hardware). It really is an outstanding game. Unfortunately there's always going to be diehard fans who simply hate changes, and Absolution made quite a few.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts

[QUOTE="emgesp"]

Stringerboy

Uncharted3-2-620x.jpg

Holy crap those hitman screens look amazing.

looks at the texture detail on the screens in uncharted compared to the solid coloring in hitman, let alone it was from years before the release of this mediocore looking game. nice hype train tho too bad FC is out and nobody gives a fck. if you wanna talk new graphics, skip over the pathetic halo looking garbage.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="emgesp"]

Stringerboy

You should see it when there's hundreds of NPCs walking around on-screen :o

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Uncharted3-2-620x.jpg

Master_ShakeXXX

Nah, there was a thread here a few days ago where people were admiring it's graphics (the PC version). I still think the console versions look great though. Better than anything else on consoles at this current juncture in time. It looks most impressive when there's large crowds of people as well (can't believe they were able to pull that off on 6 and 7 year old hardware). It really is an outstanding game. Unfortunately there's always going to be diehard fans who simply hate changes, and Absolution made quite a few.

i think most of the changes improved the game significantly, especially Streamlining the interaction interface, you used to have to scroll through the options like Drag body or Change disguise using the Dpad then hit the Y button, i just have to push The button corresponding to the Option i want now, it just feels like a more streamlined hitman to me.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PinnacleGamingP
keeping up with graphics, and to keep the texture is something beyond your NPC skills
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 delta3074
[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

Uncharted3-2-620x.jpg

PinnacleGamingP

looks at the texture detail on the screens in uncharted compared to the solid coloring in hitman, let alone it was from years before the release of this mediocore looking game. nice hype train tho too bad FC is out and nobody gives a fck. if you wanna talk new graphics, skip over the pathetic halo looking garbage.

iike you know anything about technical graphics,lol
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 PinnacleGamingP

[QUOTE="delta3074"]i think we must be the only 2 on here that think Absolution Looks amazing and is an amazing game, it's doesn't just have more open levels, it has a higher level of interaction with your enviroment than most games as well.delta3074

i think most of the changes improved the game significantly, especially Streamlining the interaction interface, you used to have to scroll through the options like Drag body or Change disguise using the Dpad then hit the Y button, i just have to push The button corresponding to the Option i want now, it just feels like a more streamlined hitman to me.

the fck are you talking about?
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

delta3074

a lemming argueing ps3 exclusive against multiplat. nothing new here
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

PinnacleGamingP

Play the Game and you may get a clue,lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 delta3074
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] looks at the texture detail on the screens in uncharted compared to the solid coloring in hitman, let alone it was from years before the release of this mediocore looking game. nice hype train tho too bad FC is out and nobody gives a fck. if you wanna talk new graphics, skip over the pathetic halo looking garbage.

a lemming argueing ps3 exclusive against multiplat. nothing new here

Penilegaming doesn't have a decent argument......nothing new here.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i think most of the changes improved the game significantly, especially Streamlining the interaction interface, you used to have to scroll through the options like Drag body or Change disguise using the Dpad then hit the Y button, i just have to push The button corresponding to the Option i want now, it just feels like a more streamlined hitman to me.delta3074

the fck is a Y button? sometimes maybe
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
Witchcraft.OreoMilkshake
I was going to go with Santeria, but, sure, witchcraft.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

PinnacleGamingP

I can't make any sense of this post so I'll just assume you're agreeing with me :P

As far as character models go I'd say they're about on par, maybe giving Uncharted 3 the slight edge. But Hitman does some really impressive and cool looking things with it's lighting effects and environments that put it noticeably a head of Uncharted 3 (or anything else on consoles for that matter). And when you take into account the size of Hitman's environments and the ridiculous number of NPCs onscreen in certain levels (with minimal framerate drops), there's really no comparison. Hitman stomps it on a technical level.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 delta3074
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] the fck are you talking about?

oh, i forgot , You PS fanboys have never used anything other than a dualshock, i think it's pretty obvious that you never touched and Xbox in your life if you don't know what the Y button is,lol Hint:It's the yellow button on the 360 controller.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Play the Game and you may get a clue,loldelta3074

oh, i forgot , You PS fanboys have never used anything other than a dualshock, i think it's pretty obvious that you never touched and Xbox in your life if you don't know what the Y button is,lol Hint:It's the yellow button on the 360 controller.

SNES says hi. RROD you got it still tho
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] the fck is a Y button? sometimes maybe

Oh, arbitor, even your trolling completely fails.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] the fck is a Y button? sometimes maybePinnacleGamingP

Would it hurt you to try and act mature, just once? Seriously I want to see it right now. Just type out one single post (with minimal spelling and grammatical errors) and attempt to flesh out your opinion as much as you possibly can with zero insults towards another poster or their favorite game system. Give reasons for why you feel the way you do. If you can manage that simple task right now I will praise you as an awesome poster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Any game designed with a single piece of hardware on mind is going to be better tailored to its strengths and weaknesses than one designed from the beginning for multiple platforms. The first party talent dosn't hurt either. Say what you want about the games, but you can't deny studios like Naughty Dog or SSM know what they're doing.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 delta3074
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] the fck is a Y button? sometimes maybe

No i don't, i have the new model 360 and yes, i know the Snes has a Y button which means you Probably never played a SNes either seeing as you didn't have a clue what the Y button is,Although i fail to see what the Snes also having a Y button has to do with what i said but i am getting used to your 'post something completely out of context with what the other person said' Posting style
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

They look good for console standards.

If you only care about graphics, get a PC or 360.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

platniumgamer

tumblrm748shttfv1qdxfje.gif

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Master_ShakeXXX

Go figure. I challenge pinnacle to act half-ass normal for one single freakin post and he just runs away.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#132 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

If you only care about graphics, get a PC.

platniumgamer
There. Fixed if for ya.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Master_ShakeXXX

Go figure. I challenge pinnacle to act half-ass normal for one single freakin post and he just runs away.

PinnacleGamingP

call out Kevin Van Ord, Tom Mchshea, Sean Mcdonald and the other GS reviewers, who would love to post but got fcked by the fanboy 360 butthurt mutherfckers who tried to jepordize their jobs by confirming their own butthurt, so now were stuck with your reviews to discuss. what are they afraid of? nothing. so fear 1. now it makes me think who art thou lol

There really is no hope for you is there.

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PinnacleGamingP

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] call out Kevin Van Ord, Tom Mchshea, Sean Mcdonald and the other GS reviewers, who would love to post but got fcked by the fanboy 360 butthurt mutherfckers who tried to jepordize their jobs by confirming their own butthurt, so now were stuck with your reviews to discuss. what are they afraid of? nothing. so fear 1. now it makes me think who art thou lolPinnacleGamingP

i fcked him in ffxIII on the sidelines does it count?

(call him in on the final boss to avoid some advanced glitch if your up till daylilght)
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] fanboy? thanks. i am just predicting, markets shift left and right and with enough knowledge and data. you can find possible outcomes. i tell you this. if kinect never came out, 360s sales would have been so down, it wouldnt even be funny. kinect gave it a push. and a really big one in terms of salesPinnacleGamingP

maybe they would, maybe the wouldn't

hopefully one day you'll look back at the things you you're saying today, and facepalm in shame

rilpas is right, your assuming RROD is fixed for next gen, we'll have to wait and see

DRE was fixed for this gen so why wouldnt RROD not be fixed next gen?
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

PinnacleGamingP

i fcked him in ffxIII on the sidelines does it count?

(call him in on the final boss to avoid some advanced glitch if your up till daylilght)

What in the f*ck are you talking about? Where did this FFXIII sh*t come from?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"]oh, i forgot , You PS fanboys have never used anything other than a dualshock, i think it's pretty obvious that you never touched and Xbox in your life if you don't know what the Y button is,lol Hint:It's the yellow button on the 360 controller.Master_ShakeXXX

Would it hurt you to try and act mature, just once? Seriously I want to see it right now. Just type out one single post (with minimal spelling and grammatical errors) and attempt to flesh out your opinion as much as you possibly can with zero insults towards another poster or their favorite game system. Give reasons for why you feel the way you do. If you can manage that simple task right now I will praise you as an awesome poster.

he never will... he's not smart enough.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#140 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Ly_the_Fairy

inFamous 2 is one of the best looking open-world games on consoles, only beaten maybe by RDR. But then again, the amount of stuff that happens on screen in inFamous 2 is way bigger than in RDR and still keeps a steady framerate.

Your logic is invalid

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#141 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

platniumgamer

:lol:

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Vatusus

inFamous 2 is one of the best looking open-world games on consoles, only beaten maybe by RDR. But then again, the amount of stuff that happens on screen in inFamous 2 is way bigger than in RDR and still keeps a steady framerate.

Your logic is invalid

Infamous 2 doesn't look better than AC3, FC3 and hell I'd be as bold as to say it doesn't look better than Skyrim.

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

When you look at the specs, especially the ram I just can't understand how it can produce visuals like we see in KZ3, Uncharted 3 and the God of War series. I mean Sony's 1st party developers must be magicians, or something. Even if the PS4 is only 5-6x more powerful than the PS3 I can only imagine what those same devs can do with the extra horsepower. Is the Cell processor really that great compared to the Xenon when developers take advantage of it?

emgesp

It was a well known factor that even Crysis 2 looks better than all of Sony's first party titles and Crysis 2 is a third party game.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#144 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Meh. Halo 4, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4/Horizon are as good as or marginally better or worse than everything I've seen on the PS3.

That said, It all comes down to developer priorities. Many of the PS3's best looking games (Hello there, Uncharted) are also incredibly linear. It's far easier to make a game look good with such a limited scope compared to something like Crysis. Same goes for the 360. Well, except Forza Horizon. It's amazing how good that game looks for being entirely open world.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

I see nothing amazing about 720p, 30 fps with drops, very little AA, terrible LOD and draw distance, amazingly linear environments, low-res flat textures, 2D sprites, pre-baked lighting, bad shadow filtering, etc.

Uncharted 3 has decent character models and great animations though, I'll give it that.

To answer your question, PS3 exclusives look amazing to you because you have low standards.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Time and budget, not to mention the levels are small as **** Especially with GOW3 and the fixed camera. Halo 4 looks on par and has levels way bigger than all those games. Forza 4 and Hoirzon look great. Horizon is probably the best looking open world racing game on consoles.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#147 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It's the power of the Cell. Not possible on Xbox 360.

KiZZo1

Then why do 360 exclusives look, at least, as good?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#148 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

The power of teh cell!

0403.jpg

Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

PAL360

No they don't.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#150 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

Maneil99

No they don't.

So, are reviewers lying about Halo 4? It must be a conspiracy :o