Hitman looks rather nice on the PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -

a

aa

a

View the full size images.

Too bad they overdid the weird lighting effects.

#2 Posted by RyviusARC (4764 posts) -

How much AA did you use in the game.

It seems to tank when using anything above 2xaa when play at ultra settings.

#3 Posted by psn8214 (14929 posts) -

Reminds me a bit of Sleeping Dogs, with a grittier aesthetic. Looks great.

#4 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -

How much AA did you use in the game.

It seems to tank when using anything above 2xaa when play at ultra settings.

RyviusARC

[spoiler] Not my screens [/spoiler]

I have the same issue with MSAA but I heard the latest Nvidia drivers fix the issues.

#5 Posted by jethrovegas (5076 posts) -
I heard if the back of his head is close if enough to the screen and you scan the barcode with a smartphone you can win some kind of prize.
#6 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
I really don't like the overuse of bloom in some areas. Reminds me of The Witcher 2 Prologue. Radioactive skin.
#7 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6701 posts) -

THat is some really nice graphics.

#8 Posted by Sphire (2074 posts) -
I've put up some videos of it. First couple are at 1080p, but not ultra (frame benchmark seemed just a tad low). After that is 720p, to save on uploading time. http://youtu.be/Fafi0hZj1sg That's the first video. The sections with large crowds really impress me.
#10 Posted by ArisShadows (22665 posts) -
Speaking of which, what is generall a good number to have an average FPS on a game like this.
#11 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -
I will probably buy this game when there's a price drop / sale. I haven't played a Hitman game since Hitman 2 and I would like to get back into it.
#12 Posted by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

Yes, it's definitely one of the nicest looking games this year.

Some of mine:

hma2012-11-2115-50-24y1qf9.png

hma2012-11-2116-26-51s0qz6.png

hma2012-11-2121-08-21edow4.png

And compressed screenshots don't really do it justice... The detail you can see on 47's head is insane when you zoom in.

#13 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6701 posts) -

Yes, it's definitely one of the nicest looking games this year.

Some of mine:

hma2012-11-2115-50-24y1qf9.png

hma2012-11-2116-26-51s0qz6.png

hma2012-11-2121-08-21edow4.png

And compressed screenshots don't really do it justice... The detail you can see on 47's head is insane when you zoom in.

Ben-Buja
Its PURTY.
#14 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
Wow And they use that sh*tty console footage for TV ad?
#15 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

skin texture king

#16 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
I will probably buy this game when there's a price drop / sale. I haven't played a Hitman game since Hitman 2 and I would like to get back into it.Timstuff
You should probably get Contracts and Blood Money instead.
#17 Posted by McStrongfast (4277 posts) -
Sometimes things emit light which are supposed to look like they reflect it. But yeah, other than that it looks quite magnificent. 47's perfectly curved, bald head is particularly beautiful. I sat and admired a closeup of his ear under the light of a flickering flame. So pretty.
I heard if the back of his head is close if enough to the screen and you scan the barcode with a smartphone you can win some kind of prize. jethrovegas
You can totally read the actual number on there. The texture on his head is crazy. You could wrap it around an entire level and it still wouldn't look too shabby.
#18 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
looks pretty good...not the best ive seen on pc
#19 Posted by ronvalencia (15509 posts) -

Wow And they use that sh*tty console footage for TV ad?IAmNot_fun
Unless there's a disclaimer, it would false advertising if they use PC's footage for the console version.

#20 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Wow And they use that sh*tty console footage for TV ad?IAmNot_fun

Don't want the consolites running back complaining that the graphics aren't as good as they were in the ad.

#21 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]Wow And they use that sh*tty console footage for TV ad?ronvalencia

Unless there's a disclaimer, it would false advertising if they use PC's footage for the console version.

Umm, there are things called bullshots?
#22 Posted by ronvalencia (15509 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]Wow And they use that sh*tty console footage for TV ad?IAmNot_fun

Umm, there are things called bullshots?

The TV ad is more regulated than 3rd party press review. The TV ad presents an offer which can form a sales contract i.e. offer and acceptance contract. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_and_acceptance